[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, I'm interested in learning what key gameplay aspects

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: thumb.php.jpg (171KB, 1550x969px) Image search: [Google]
thumb.php.jpg
171KB, 1550x969px
Hey, I'm interested in learning what key gameplay aspects of pokemon games do you guys think are the most fun and important?
Like, what make pokemon games so engaging?
Is it the collect them all challenge, the satisfaction of raising a champion from an egg, the simple yet challenging battle system?
I kinda skipped most of the pokemon games back in my snes/gba days, but I finally decided to catch up, any advice on where to start are welcome too.
>>
i like just having pokemon i like desu. if you're starting with a new region just play through normally, otherwise do a challenge so its not super dull
>>
If you want an honest opinion from someone whos been playing these games from the time they were 4 (1997) to now and has maintained a love for the series, I would say the main draw of the games is the Pokémon themselves. New forms, great designs, cool events, etc. All of these are the most important aspects.

I would say that if you are serious about playing these games, start with Pokémon Colosseum and Gale of Darkness for exclusive move Pokemon with incredibly rare ribbons. Move on to Emerald for the tutors and ribbons, then Heartgold and Platinum. Completely skip BW, go for BW2 for the forms. XY, ORAS, and SM are great for ribbons and breeding/balltism. And egg moves have only gotten better.

Having rarer, more decorated Pokemon than anyone else is incredibly fun amd fulfilling. Most of the stories are fucking terrible, but having Pokemon who took on Mt. Battle or are in a rare ball with egg moves is what its all about
>>
>>33160561
The battling.
>>
>>33160619
I don't really know what you mean by region, could you explain it to a guy unfamiliar with the lingo?
>>33160678
Thank you for your reply, this is exactly what I was looking for.
I do enjoy the pokemon design, and the joy of obtaining the desired rare shiny is certainly nothing to joke about.
I'll try some of the games you mentioned. Any idea how much time an extensive playthrough of a pokemon game usually takes?
>>
>>33160780
If you have some know how, games can range anywhere from 8-13 hours. Breeding, ribbon collecting, and resetting for good natures can take some time (add maybe 10-12 hours onto a standard 13 hour playthrough). Blissey bases in Oras make leveling a joke.
>>
>>33160824
Thanks m8.
I'm gonna call it a day now, but I'll check the thread tomorrow to see if any other anons have replied.
>>
>>33160561
The Pokemon, the exploration, and the battling.

I miss when the games felt like you're on an actual adventure and you're not being stopped by NPCs every three minutes just so they could tell you how you're the bestest trainer in the whole wide world.
>>
>>33160780
A region is basically the area where each generation/game takes place. Gen 1 takes place in Kanto, Gen 2 in Johto, Gen 3 in Hoenn, X and Y in Kalos, etc. Based on what bulbapedia says, I'm not sure how to phrase it, a generation is more or less a grouping of the Pokémon games that separates them based on the Pokémon they include. Adding on to that, I would say that generations are also based around the time they were released and some mechanics due to remakes of previous games being counted in the generation "area" that they were released instead of the original game's gen. HeartGold and SoulSilver are counted as gen 4 and not as gen 2 like Gold and Silver are, and Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are counted as gen 6 and not gen 3 like Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald are.
>>
You started this tgread just to post that lewd didnt you
>>
>>33160561
Having sex with a random GO-chan in a back alley? You're gonna end up catching more than pokemon. pokerus?

But in a seriousness, I actually enjoy the story, as mediocre it may be. I also really like the random battles with trainers along the way to cities while catching new pokemans. I could give a rat's ass if they bring back gyms or not. Make the exploration experience better and I'm sold.
>>
>>33160824
>completing a pokemon game in 8 hours
the fuck is this, how do people play like this.

my games are always at least 40 hours, usually higher
>>
>>33160561
I love finding new friends, giving them individual nicknames, growing a connection, training them to become stronger, and pushing in the shit of the little cunts that oppose my army of amigos.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.