[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHHHHYY /vp/ WHHHHYYY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8N k4PgMhLQ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: BF.png (466KB, 640x451px) Image search: [Google]
BF.png
466KB, 640x451px
WHHHHYY /vp/ WHHHHYYY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Nk4PgMhLQ
>>
>>33159505
Haha, I don't know
>>
Because ruby/sapphire didn't have a battle frontier, a juicy factoid most people don't know about it
This is a reference to how it was added in emerald
>>
>>33159505
Same reason HGSS had Platinum's Battle Frontier. Time constraints.

It's okay, because ORAS is still the best game in the franchise. If you think this is bait, your first Pokemon game was a DS game for sure, because it's simple fact.
>>
>>33159551
What did you like most about it?
I preferred emerald, but oras were definitely on par with the other remakes
>>
>>33159549
And GS didn't have a bunch of features from Crystal, but HGSS did.

>apologists still using this excuse
>>
>>33159582
ORAS only had 8 months of development. Cut them some slack, the BF probably would have added even more dev time and let's face it, you weren't going to play it anyway. You just want it just to want it.
>>
>>33159607
>ORAS only had 8 months of development
haha nice headcanon
>>
>>33159582
Oh yeah, that crystal feature of catching suicune..

Emerald was way different from r/s in a way which other 3rd versions are not, way more story changes
>>
>>33159615
Oh yeah I forgot how Emerald's story was centered around the Battle Frontier
>>
>>33159505
Some people seriously expect a Frontier in USUM
>>
>it's okay because it's not an emerald remake, it's a RS remake!

I fucking hate you more than anyone on this board. You fucking piece of shit dick sucking corporate apologist. I seriously hope you get cancer. You are the fucking worst part of this fanbase and you don't deserve to ever have good pokemon games ever again because your spineless enabling beta attitude
>>
File: 1471963709160.webm (183KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
1471963709160.webm
183KB, 540x360px
>>33159639
>>
File: 14524602002954.png (157KB, 345x345px) Image search: [Google]
14524602002954.png
157KB, 345x345px
>>33159615
>story changes
>bonus post-game battle facility island with no effect on he game's story

The reason for the Battle Frontier not being in ORAS has been explained by the game director himself. He said that "people these days want to be on their phones so less features on the game was a good thing" while the director of HGSS stated that he tried to put in as many features as he could.

But keep shitposting about ORAS, the laziest remakes to date, being anything other than lazy shit.
>>
>>33159613
Like I said, you weren't going to play the BF anyway so stop whining.
>>
>>33159639
You're exactly right anon. HGSS were remakes of the entire Gen II generation. So if ORAS decided to exclude Emerald, the game that improved on everything of Ruby and Sapphire, then it shows how lazy and out of touch they are. You can even argue that Emerald is a better game than ORAS. Now, unless in the very unlikely event that USM has a Battle Frontier, we have to wait years until we get a proper one.

>>33159662
Kill yourself.
>>
>>33159505
It’s just to canonize the multiverse thing. GF is truly disconnected from how bad some wanted it and prob thought it was just no big deal.
>>
>>33159607
>ORAS only had 8 months of development
And that's why BF isn't in, not that stupid fucking "RS remake" excuse.
>>
>>33159505
>STILL crying about the battle frontier
>>
>>33159607
>you weren't going to play it anyway
Nigger fuck you, I played the shit out of Maison, got all the trophies and awards and a 1000+ streak. All to fill the void left by lack of BF. Fuck off with your bullshit rationalizations.
>>
>>33159629
>>33159650
>>33159687

Did you guys play emerald?
There was a lot of shit changed with aqua and magma which they didn't want, clearly, due to their redesign of the characters
This isn't the same as hgss

>>33159639
People having different opinions doesn't make them apologists

WHY do people get so defensive when others say they like oras? It's bonkers, what a culture of negativity this place has
>>
>>33159839

I'm not saying you can't like ORAS, but it is BEYOND THE PALE OF RETARDATION to excuse this laziness because "it's not an emerald remake" when gamefreak incorporated third version features in HG/SS. I'd be happy with "I didn't like BF so I don't mind" but saying "you are an idiot if you expected BF because this isn't delta emerald" is beyond apologist.

When this game recycled so much content from past games, there was no excuse to at least try and incorporate some emerald features, or at least come up with some lazy alternatives for the cut RS content.
>>
>>33159839
Did you read the posts?
Battle Frontier being post game in ORAS would not affect the plot at all. Your argument is retarded.
>>
>>33159839
>There was a lot of shit changed with aqua and magma which they didn't want, clearly, due to their redesign of the characters
How does this relate to the Battle Frontier?
How does this relate to most double battles being removed?
How does this relate to trainers not using their Emerald teams?
How does this relate to no gym leader rematches?
How does this relate to the lack of Trainer Hill?
How does this relate to the missing Desert Underpass?
How does this relate to Mirage Tower being removed?
None of these are related to the plot but they were still removed. Face it, ORAS was just lazy.
>>
File: ORAS game corner.jpg (10KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
ORAS game corner.jpg
10KB, 290x174px
>>33159505
Because Game Freak are lazy and because they know that people—including ones in this very thread!—will defend any and every action they do so they don't have to try making a good game anymore.
>>
>>33159505
Man I fucking hated all of those little dick teases of cut features they left in ORAS
>haha here's a berry blender replica
>haha here's a battle frontier replica
>haha here's an asspull story about how we gutted out the old Safari Zone
>haha here's an old useless mega stone as your reward for tediously grinding 1000 fucking secret base flags
It's like they wanted to piss off the fans as much as possible
>>
>>33160363
Oh look, there is another one >>33160347

I hate ORAS so fucking much
>>
>>33160347
this feature hurts the most. at least we got battle maison to make up for it. but now we'll never get those dumb minigames because fictional gambling is still a crime and that one NPC knows it
>>
>>33160347
Game Corner was cut off for the same reason there's no more shit like this on BW/2/XY/SM — PEGI stuff

People didn't like childs gambling.
Should they have put in another minigame? Of course, but that's not the point.
>>
I don't get the major appeal of the battle frontier

Honestly B/W2s world tournament was much more enjoyable
>>
>>33160407
And yet Game Freak, last year, made an eShop game about horse racing, a sport that's popular entirely because people bet on it.
>>
>>33160363
don't forget the match call dicktease anon
>>
>>33160419
Exactly.

But that game is like virtual crack holy shit
>>
>>33160417
Because it gave us something the official online ladder still fails to do - a variety of fun battle formats to choose from. And compared to the standard single player adventure it was actually quite challenging. Obtaining a symbol/print felt like an actual accomplishment not an almost-participation prize like gym badges do.

PWT was only better if you're a storyfag that cares more about pointless character cameos than actual fun gameplay.
>>
>>33159582

>idiots still bring up "crystal was added to hgss" as if it was a legit argument for why "emerald should have been added to ORAS"
>>
File: 1447140047730518.png (320KB, 469x463px) Image search: [Google]
1447140047730518.png
320KB, 469x463px
>>33159639
>>
>>33162125
It should have been added to ORAS because it's objectively superior content, you idiot. "It's not an Emerald remake" is not an excuse.
>>
File: 1482476268335.jpg (78KB, 534x401px) Image search: [Google]
1482476268335.jpg
78KB, 534x401px
>finally reach a Chatelaine in ORAS
>this plays https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNOykVetu9s
>my fucking face when
>>
>>33159582
Crystal adds fuckall to GS, of course they would bring it.
>>
>>33160284
That post is talking about how Crystal didn't change the game unlike Emerald, you dumb namefag.
>>
>>33162216
>There was a lot of shit changed with aqua and magma which they didn't want, clearly, due to their redesign of the characters
no, it's not
>>
File: 1498429053024.jpg (22KB, 426x287px) Image search: [Google]
1498429053024.jpg
22KB, 426x287px
>>33162125
It IS a legit argument, and greentexting about it as if it weren't isn't a counterpoint to said argument. Crystal is an updated version of Gold and Silver, it improves and adds content compared to the original. HGSS incorporated everything from Crystal that didn't contradict the story of GS (with a few exceptions of the mobile adapter events and a few aesthetic additions like the Rooftop Square in Goldenrod Mart), and even with Suicune they added its own sidequest that goes all the way into Kanto. ORAS admittedly does add a (really fucking terrible job of a) Rayquaza subplot with worst girl Zinnia, but all the QoL features that didn't become a permanent part of the series, added locations, rematches, Battle Frontier, the fucking DOUBLE BATTLE SYSTEM FROM EMERALD, are missing despite not contradicting with the plot at all. There are a couple plot events they try to adapt from Emerald (and do a really terrible job of adapting it) like the Mossdeep Takeover where they remove the full-team double battle against Maxie/Archie and their respective right hand in place of a 12v3 stomp against an admin and a grunt where you can't even TRY to lose because Steven will take out the enemy's Pokémon before you could try to KO his full team of six, and this takes place LATER than the multi battle in Emerald! They ignore the things that could very easily be added to the game without rewriting anything.
Like they even say at the end of the Delta Episode "oh hey Wallace is going to become the Champion at a later point in time," they could EASILY put Juan in the game if they did rematches by having Wallace actually become Champion after the Delta Episode and putting Steven at Meteor Falls. But they didn't do this, they didn't add shit like Mirage Tower, they didn't do any of the things they could've done with Emerald content to improve the region and game because they shat this out in less than a year as a cashgrab.
>>
>>33162472
I forgot to add a "But" to the last section in that first paragraph.
>But they ignore the things that could very easily be added to the game without rewriting anything.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.