[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, guys I've been away from pokemon the last 2 generations.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: images(21).jpg (6KB, 204x153px) Image search: [Google]
images(21).jpg
6KB, 204x153px
So, guys I've been away from pokemon the last 2 generations. I loved gen 5 so much that gen 6 killed it for me. I played through the main story, that's it. When Sun and moon rolled around I only got to the second island before ultimately forgetting it existed. Am i the only one? What am i missing out on? I thibk the bigger thing for me now is it being handheld, wgich is nice but im older now a d i wanna play games in my cozy living room on the tv. Super glad the switch is gonna have a pokemon game made by game freak. Also General discussion thread about the different gens and regions
>>
The problem with modern Pokemon is they went from heavy exploration focus with some story to heavy story focus with almost no exploration. Not only that, the story is awful. SM in particular streamlines you completely giving you no freedom. Switch isn't going to save the series from the current lull and people who think 240p is the only thing holding the 3DS games back are braindead. Switch Pokemon will still have the same incompetent developers working on it. It will still have the same issues and half-assery as the 3DS titles. But hey, at least it'll look better.
>>
>>33158837
Is Castelia the best city of all Pokemon games?
>>
>>33158974
This, give me gen 8 in the style of gen 2 for all i care, just make a better game
>>
>>33158837
>im older now a d i wanna play games
Not that much older because you type like a 10 year old
>>
>>33159030
I think so yeah

>>33159056
FUCKIN agreed, the games have just been lacklustre since gen 5. Some people didn't even like THOSE.

>>33159082
I was 15 when BW was released.
>>
We get it, you hate the new and love the old. Go back to playing gen 5.
>>
>>33159082

>i only use impeccable grammar and spelling on 4chan so the other shitposters see my maturity
>>
I don't hate it by any means, it just doesn't hold my attention anymore.

>>33159108
>>
File: 1496295685625.png (4KB, 203x219px) Image search: [Google]
1496295685625.png
4KB, 203x219px
>>33158837
I'm with OP.

I bought Y and bought Moon, but finished neither. Both games are more of a chore to play than anything. If a 10 year old can beat red without handholding, then a 10 year old now doesn't need it on the 3DS.

and the railroading is getting ridiculous.
>>
Oldfag here. I played every main series games and almost every spin-off. The problem with modern pokemon is partially up to what >>33158974 and partially because basically every change they and mechanics refination they could add ended with gen 4, afterward they started to add gimmicks.
Gen 5 was very good btw, it was experimental andbgot its riskies, yet it left us one of the best experience, mostly because the massive quantity of content and excellent world building of BW2, and the plot approach of BW, which in my opinion it was the first time GF tryed something for older fans.N got his reasons and for many aspects he was kind of right. Unlike the title, it wasn't just "black" or "white", and, while having a plot driven game, it wasn't as much tracked as SM, with a lot of dangeons and with a lot of optional explorable areas.
XY had a lot of potential as well, but it had also a terrible execution, which made of it, according many, one of the worst installment in the series.
SM is simply bad game design, in particular it focused on all the things always considered less important in pokemon and lessening the ones considered more funny, othet than lowering the contents. Even the interesting new features got handled really bad.
Also is the franchise as a whole that feels to disrupt, this leading many to think it is in its decline.
Old spin-off died and we got those smartphone apps, old community left, in general people seems to not give a single fuck about the other medias apart from games anymore.
Basically, the community only liven up in hype season nowadays, and dies afterward, which is something we are experiencing right now.
I myself think USM will be pretty much my last game if the things keep up this way. It just seams a dying franchise to me.
Just think about old hype season, just look back at platinum or bw hype. People where much more optimistic back then. Now they seem to be much more negative.
And I don't think moving to switch will change much.
>>
>>33159030
Maybe if not for the music
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.