[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone think ultra sun and ultra moon will feature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
Why does everyone think ultra sun and ultra moon will feature new Alolan forms, specifically from Johto?
>>
>>33154169
Because the official Facebook posted something about that one area in Alola being inspired by Johto, then removed the post after some time.
>>
>>33154190
I thought the inspiration for Malie City mirrored real life Japan's influence in some areas of Hawaii. Are people that desperate for Johto Alola forms?
>>
As unlikely as it is, I will shit shills if they do it. It's not impossible, since ORAS did it with megas.

But Johto will never get love again. At most, an easter egg like "Hurr, I remember the day when Team Rocket threatened the entire region after taking over a radio tower. I'll never forget how scary it was as a child."

Rip kanto 1.5
>>
>>33154266
An entire area in Alola is inspired by Johto and S/M brought back the Kurt balls. They're hinting at Johto hard.
>>
>>33154278
>alolan kurt added
>heavy ball bug fixed
>heavy ball beldum finally is a thing that happens
please can my dreams be true
>>
>>33154169
GS VC
>>
I don't think it will have any new Alolan forms.

I'd love to be wrong about this, but if they had anything that enticing in USUM, they would have mentioned it or showed it in a commercial by now.
>>
>>33154364

We had new Megas in ORAS, so it's a possibility.
>>
>>33154384
ORAS also blew the new megas all the way up to it's last month before its release. They needed a selling point. Just like they do now. But no news is not always good news. Which is why everyone is expecting the worst, and hoping for the best.
>>
>>33154169
Why is it surfing on a sunflower seed?
>>
>>33154169
It's straw-grasping. I've said it since USM were announced, it would be a nice addition/surprise but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>33154169
Johto isn't getting shit. You see guys, there is a difference between Kanto's unpopular Pokemon and unpopular Pokemon of other regions. Kanto's unpopular Pokemon are easier to recognize. Johto's popular Pokemon all have Mega Evolutions already. Johto has NOTHING that isn't a legendary or starter to hold up a batch of new Alolan Forms.
>>
>>33154629
We had Exeggutor, Raichu, Ninetales, Marowak making SM's batch of Alolan Forms interesting. Johto has nothing.
>>
>>33154169
new alolan forms is a given, but I don't see why they would be specifically Johto. I expect more kanto alolans, if anything.
>>
>>33154169
Probably because of the Gold and Silver VC release. RBY got a VC release mostly so that you could get the Kanto forms of pokemon who got Alola forms so people assume GS VC release is so that you can get the original forms of Johto pokemon that will get Alola forms
>>
>>33154169
because it should
>>
File: alex-valle.png (171KB, 281x326px) Image search: [Google]
alex-valle.png
171KB, 281x326px
>>33155182
>I expect more kanto alolans, if anything.
Worth it for the salt that will come from that
>>
>>33154344
they should keep this bug so balltismfags can be butthurt forever
>>
>>33154266
>>33154278
2 out of Alola's 9 towns were made by Johto settlers. I'd say they got love in this game
>>
>>33154240
idk but the people who settled malie/made the garden are from johto
>>
>delibird everywhere in alola
>usm come out
>"h-hey guys! delibird has an alolan form too!"
>>
>>33154278
Every region got some throwbacks so thats nothing huge
>>
>>33156989
Do keep in mind that every game is it's own canon though. No reason this timeline couldn't have an Alolan Delibird etc. for exactly that reason - in this timeline it needing and having a chance to adapt where in the originals it didn't it completely reasonable.

Though if anything were to have this logic apply, I'd suspect it would be the Island Scan Pokémon, not ones that were in the S/M Alola Dex.
>>
File: poll - new pokes for Ultra.png (50KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
poll - new pokes for Ultra.png
50KB, 700x500px
There's this, showing that a rather large amount think there will be new formes
>>
>>33154190
If that's true, then someone's got to have made a screencap of it
And if not, there's really no point in believing in something like that
>>
File: johtopokes.png (642KB, 1476x692px) Image search: [Google]
johtopokes.png
642KB, 1476x692px
>>33156989
The Alola Pokedex is really light on Johto Pokemon (and, to be fair - all other non-Kanto regions), leaving lots that could be added to USM.
I personally don't think there'll be new Alolan formes because the games would be incompatible with SM and add another layer of inconsistencies in Pokemon Bank, but there are a lot of Pokemon that could get them.

Here are all the Johto lines not in the Alola Dex. If Smoochum and Tyrogue were to get Alolan formes their evolutions would have to too, and if anything with a pre-evolution (Bellossom, Kingdra, Mantine etc.) were to get one their pre-evolutions would probably need to as well, because Gloom can validly evolve into regular Bellossom in Alola.
>>
>>33157359
>implying island Akan won't get alolan forms
>>
>>33157359
man I never think about this but
Johto only has like 4 pokemon that exist in competitive
>>
>>33157376
Wasn't meaning to imply that, just marking that some Johto Pokemon that aren't in the dex but are already catchable in Alola.

Though I guess any Johto Pokemon can be bred in Alola and will hatch into its Johto form (whereas an everstoneless Kanto Geodude will yield Alolan Geodude eggs) so it probably doesn't matter.

I do think it's less likely the Gen II Pokemon that already got (mega)evolutions will get Alolan formes though. Not sure what weight Wynaut and Mantyke carry.

>>33157378
So many Johto Pokemon have middling stats and lame movepools. Some they've salvaged through various buffs (Azumarill is probably the best example - Huge Power -> Physical/Special Split -> Fairy type/female egg moves), evolutions or megas, but a lot are just lame ducks.
>>
>>33154169
Because Alolan Forms is one of the biggest "new things" in Gen 7, and making another pair of games without new forms would be a bad move.

Like in Gen 6, we got new Megas in a remake, and it was alright.

I would go as far as expecting new UBs, new Alola forms and even new forms for Alolan Pokemon, such as Marshadow and other legendaries.
>>
>>33154278
There are a metric fuckton of Japanese gardens in Hawaii. Johto and Sinnoh's architecture are most similar to then, so one of those two would be the obvious choice for adapting that aspect of Hawaii. They just happened to opt for Johto.
>>
>>33154169
GS is coming out on VC a month before USUM, so it would make sense for them to try and jew people into buying it by holding the "classic" forms of beloved Johto Pokemon hostage.
>>
>>33154169
>>33154190
Sun & Moon are rather reminiscent of Gold & Silver to me. Gold & Silver were the games that introduced the day and night cycle, and Sun & Moon are obviously about day & night. I actually connected Ho-Oh & Lugia with day/sun & night/moon more than Solgaleo & Lunala.

Plus both sets of games felt incomplete.
>>
File: 1494347435780.gif (33KB, 598x450px) Image search: [Google]
1494347435780.gif
33KB, 598x450px
>>33157504
>new forms for marshadow and the tapus
End yourself
>>
>>33154169
>new Alolan forms
They need something to market the games.

>Johto specifically
We've had genwun overkill since XY.
>Mega Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise in XY
>RBGY virtual console
>Pokémon Go
>Most gen 1 mons in the Alola Dex
I don't necessarily believe it'll be exclusively gen 2 mons but the younger fans will be ready to move on from Gen 1.
Plus the Johto starters being available on Mele Mele Island through Island Scan seems like a big hint to me.
>>
>Grass/Fire Sunflora
>Fire/Steel Magcargo
>Furret with Fairy, Ground, or Fighting type tacked on
>Flying/Dark or Flying/Ghost Noctowl
>Fairy-type Blissey :^)

Pls Gamefreak
>>
>>33154344
Or just make metagross a wild encounter instead of beldum
>>
>>33157775
>Plus the Johto starters being available on Mele Mele Island through Island Scan seems like a big hint to me.

how so? theres gen5 starters on poni island as well
>>
>>33154190
The post is still up
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.