[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So we're not getting any more regional variants after this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 103Exeggutor-Alola.png (325KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
103Exeggutor-Alola.png
325KB, 1280x1280px
So we're not getting any more regional variants after this gen, and it'll be an Alola exclusive thing, right?
>>
>>33152520
I wouldn't mind if they kept regional variants. It expands the pokemon world without making the pokedex get too large.
It also supports the evolution theme of pokemon. Different environments require adaptation.
>>
>>33152608

No. I rather have new Pokémon instead of old Pokémon with alternative forms.
>>
>>33152728
There are already so many Pokémon and many of them are left out of the dust competitively. Forms like Alolan Marowak allow older Pokémon to shine.
>>
>>33152520
I would rather get split and cross-gen evolutions over Alolan Forms that don't increase the viability of the pokemon.
>>
>>33152739

No. Old Pokémon had their time.
New generations = New Pokémon.
>>
>>33152788
Except a lot of old pokemon never had tome to shine
>>
>>33152520
If USUM gives us more new Megas then maybe we'll have our answer.
>>
>>33152728

So you like having the dex full of kanto rip offs like gen V?
>>
>>33152520
I'm really hoping for "Kanto regional variants" if they make a new Gen 1 remake one day.
Sinnoh's ones could be cool too.
>>
If GF doesn't go full retards again, then no I actually want them to continue it, it's an idea that actually makes sense world building wise and at least this way we aren't bloating the dex to much (we're never ever gonna get over 100 new mons from now on, get over it)
>>
>>33152728
Please explain to me how using Fuckbutt, a new ice type armadillo, would be any different than using A-Sandslash.

Sure, you have ones like A-Diglett who might as well just be a very slight buff to existing Diglett, but A-Sandslash, A-Ninetales, etc. are for all intents and purposes completely different.

I'd much prefer doing twists on old Pokémon rather than ones like Woobat, Roggenrolla, Yungoos, Pikipek, Basculin, etc. that from a gameplay perspective are identical to past Pokémon. If you're gonna have a shitty basic rock fucker, just do Geodude with a new gimmick instead of Rocksucker who has literally the exact same moves as Geodude.
>>
File: 1484644751680.png (115KB, 264x304px) Image search: [Google]
1484644751680.png
115KB, 264x304px
>>33152520
>So we're not getting any more regional variants after this gen
most probable

>and it'll be an Alola exclusive thing
would be a perfect excuse to reimplement safari in future gens but it's gamefreak we are talking about
>>
>>33152520
Hopefully not. I'd rather more of these than shitty Unova/Hoenn dex bullshit ripoffs.
>>
>>33153005
>ripoffs
How is a new mon that fills the same niche as an old one more of a ripoff than literally the same old one "But now with a a slightly different look!"

It's been dissected before; the Unovan mons aren't just random clones. They all have particular designs that stand on their own, and while many help fill the same niche as some Kanto mons, they aren't at all "ripoffs."

>>33154555
That goes for Hoenn, too.

>>33153115
>very slight buff to existing diglett
Nerf, you mean. A-Digdug is terrible compared to regular digdug.
>>
>>33154590
>butt status: hurt

Cry more, faggot. How does it feel to have taste so shitty it's actually sad.
>>
>>33153115
All these fallacies.
>identical to past Pokemon
That is completely false. Those Pokemon don't play at all like their counterparts.
>a new ice type armadillo
Funny you should say that, since Sandslash is a pangolin. But some Pokemon are based on similar animals to other Pokemon, so I guess we should just straight up recycle old Pokemon with new types! No effort at all is better than at least a little effort!
You're obviously not arguing in good faith so I don't know why you bother.
>>
>>33154657
>moving the goalpost

You're fucking pathetic, dude.
>>
>>33154703
I'm not the same guy, and I'm not moving any goalposts. You're bullshitting claiming counterparts play the same, and new Pokemon take more effort and are more interesting than recycled old Pokemon. Alolan mons are literally the devs running out of ideas, making an original arctic fox is too hard so they just made a white vulpix.
>>
I would rather have Alola forms than
NotGolem line, that way old mons are revisited or get a what if scenario and mons that are made just to be the region rock or frog aren't made only to be forgotten on later gens.
>>
>>33154801
Pathetic. You can't even articulate your (shitty) opinion beyond autistic screeching.

Go REEEE somewhere else. Your """"facts"""" are pure bullshit, faggot.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.