[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This really is the best Pokemon game lol.... and fuck off if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: 250px-Emerald_JP_boxart.png (91KB, 250x159px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Emerald_JP_boxart.png
91KB, 250x159px
This really is the best Pokemon game lol.... and fuck off if you say it's nostalgia. I genuinely think this.
>>
>>33147290
this is not an uncommon opinion here
why did you feel the need to restate it?
>>
>>33147302
you must be blind. I've seen so many fags praise BW2 or Platinum. Emerald needs some more love
>>
>>33147308
What you really want isn't for people to love Emerald, but for yourself to feel validated and affirmed by having other people agree with your opinions.
>>
>>33147326
You think you know everything don't you faggot? Kys
>>
>>33147331
Truth hurts, huh?
>>
>>33147345
why would a blatant lie from a deluded person who's trying his hardest to have an edge on me "hurt"?
>>
It's better than Ruby and Sapphire, but that isn't saying much.
>>
>>33147290
emerald's okay, i guess. the battle tents and re-challenging gym leaders were sort of fun.

no, it was shit. the whole generation was shit. and the game mechanics made emerald, ruby, sapphire just unplayable as hell.
>>
File: 936.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
936.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>>33147450
>>
>>33147450
>he doesn't have reasonable complaints, all he does is call it shit
and how is 3rd gen unplayable you retard?
>>
>>33147386
He's not the one that's deluded here.
>>
>>33147290
Older games, especially games that are more than 10 years old, are at a huge disadvantage when being compared to newer games right off the bat, because newer games have much better visuals and much more features. Therefore, an older game has to have some major advantage over the newer games, for example BW2 has a really great postgame and regional dex compared to SM.

But I really don't see any major part of Gen 3 that propels it higher than newer games.
>>
R/S/E is a bit of a mix'd bag.
It brought abilities, better graphics and a story where the all powerful legendary pokemon actually impact the story.

But it gave us arguably the worst teams and region.
Didn't allow trading from our old games, and had very little pokemon from gen 1 and 2 in the games. To top it all off it came when pokemon popularity has taken its biggest dive.

The reason people praise platinum so much is because it does literally everything else emerald does, but does some of it better and has a better gen to improve on.

We are just reaching the point now where the kids that started off with 3rd gen are now becoming young adults so we are gonna eventually gonna have unironic nostalgia threads for gen 3 appearing even more.
>>
>>33147290

>was merely a polished special version of RS
>came after remakes
>made sense of the plot and added best legendary climax in any game so far
>focused on pleasing core players rather than casuals
>had enough development time for inventing the battle frontier

"This really is the best Pokemon game "

>merely a polished special version of SM
>comes out directly after SM
>will likely add interesting twists and perspectives to the story that will enhance it
>since there isn't a whole game to create from scratch, they could:
>focus on pleasing core players rather than casuals
>add something akin to battle frontier

"USUM will be a half assed disappointing cashgrab"

what the fuck?
>>
Gen 3 is not nostalgia
>>
>>33149062
>>since there isn't a whole game to create from scratch, they could:
>>focus on pleasing core players rather than casuals
>>add something akin to battle frontier

Thats the point: they "COULD". Doesnt mean they will. And its not about Frontier. Its about something substantial that will make you want to play the game for hours after the credits. The last three games didnt have it. Its not that hard to imagine USUM wont have it either
>>
>>33149084

it's the first time since Platinum that they make a game where they have the freedom to add things that only core-players will care about.
>>
>>33149084
>Its about something substantial that will make you want to play the game for hours after the credits. The last three games didnt have it.
They had it before?
>>
>>33149111
And they can fuck it up
>>
>>33147308
Emerald is praised literally just as much as Platinum and BW2. They're literally the trio of games that are ALWAYS mentioned together as being "the best". HGSS is mentioned often too, but usually alone.
>>
>>33147465
lack of class split
>>
>>33147507
>B/W
>better visuals

>X/Y/S/M
>better visuals outside battles
>>
>>33147507
Well I'm not saying Emerald is way above par compared directly to the newest games, but considering its time, restrictions and the games it's based on, it tried a lot harder than the newer games have. XY and SM doesn't try to out-best the previous installments like the older games always tried to do, they just kinda exist to rack in money and provide a somewhat decent experience. That's why I place Emerald hugher than Sun and Moon, because at least it TRIED to outdo all the games that came before it. Sun and Moon didn't do that at all.
>>
>>33149280
>I don't have any real problems to argue with so I'm just gonna go with "hurr durr they're old"
The class split was a great addition, but it doesn't magically make old games unplayable. They were playable back then, they're still playable now.
>>
Yes, It is a good game.
I'm playing Emerald now, trying to complete the Hoenn dex(THREE times!!!). In order to get all the Johto(Joхтo) starters.
>>
>>33149254

sure, USUM might turn out to be the worst game in the series. But there is no reason to assume that.

I'm just saying that there is room for at least some optimism and that the worst these games can be is as good/bad as SM
>>
>>33149376
i agree, if you dont have the gamecube games, trying to complete the dex is a pain in the ass because of emerald 3 times for johto starters as well as beating firered/leafgreen 3 times for the legendary beasts.
>>
>>33147308
Platinum, BW2, HGSS, and Emerald are praised all the fucking time you blind faggot.
>>
>>33151558
Not really. For the last three games we saw GF basically getting away from longer games and content that extends the gameplay.

Unless or untill we'll something in the trailers that proofs otherwise we can safely put USUM in the same basket as XY, ORAS and SM
>>
The existence of the rock smash boulder between Mauville and the desert is worse than cancer so it can't be number 1.
>>
>>33151610

But that was the case with all the games that werent special versions so far. the only difference now is that we havent had a special version title 3 times in a row now.
>>
>>33151786
ORAS was a remake and the final gen 6 game. Did GF went all out? No. Was it HGSS level? Not even close.

There's your answer. USUM wont be worse than SM thats probably the best you can count on right now. But we'll see if it will be any better
>>
>>33151852

yes a remake, not a special version. a remake is pretty close to taking the same amount of development time as a new game. ORAS and HGSS are highly comparable actually.

a special version is when they have like 80% of the development time to spend on whatever they want because the whole base game is already there.

so unless USUM are gonna throw in 3 new islands or some shit that would make them comparable to BW2 rather than E/Pt, we have a "special version" coming where they aren't wasting most of the time in making the main game.
>>
>>33151900
Remakes ARE special versions because they also have a base game there and just need to update it to the current gen standards and style.

You're assuming they'll spend all their time making new content. Im assuming they'll spend their time by updating SM, its region and gimmicks as we saw in the trailer.
>>
Underaged
>>
>>33147582
>But it gave us arguably the worst teams and region.
I agree the teams were pretty shit but Hoenn is literally the best designed region in the entire series, hands down.
>>
>>33152049
FRLG & HGSS had to make a lot of new content. At the very least redraw and rewrite everything.
>>
>>33152049

wow u dont get it so hard

its a huge difference if you have to program the whole region from scratch (yes even if its a remake and u are just copying the originals) or if you literally take a released game and modify and expand it, holy shit anon
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.