[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get better at competetive? I don't want to use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0623.jpg (3MB, 2550x2950px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0623.jpg
3MB, 2550x2950px
How do I get better at competetive? I don't want to use UBs or Tapus. This is the team i've been using.
>>
>>33145746
Singles or Doubles?
>>
>>33145746
>not a single OU mon
>not a single viable doubles mon (if you're doing doubles)
Try using good mons that aren't Tapu or UBs, for starters
>>
>>33145746
Verlis plz
>>
>>33145755
Singles

>>33145767
Non of these are OU? I could have sworn Gliscor was OU.
>>
>>33145816
Well, Staraptor is BL it's something.
>>
>>33145816
3v3 singles?
>>
>>33145858
?Staraptor

Don't you mean BL Bird?
>>
>>33145816
Gliscor dropped because of Landorus for rather obvious reasons.

I would suggest watching some of PokeaimMD's Road to Top 10 OU videos. In a lot of those videos, despite his goal of hitting the top of the ladder, he uses a lot of unique sets and non-OU mons and makes them work against and alongside OU staple mons.
>>
>>33145816
I'd start by trying out some of the highest rated rental teams you can find on Global Link, personally. Once you get a grasp on the metagame and find something you really like or do well with, you can build your own team.
>>
>>33145888
>watching joey

lol no
>>
>>33145888
>OU
he's playing on his 3DS, meaning only 3v3s are an options. Why would you suggest Showdown-related stuff?
>>
>>33145896
t. blunder
>>
>>33145873
Yes.

>>33145888
He sounds like someone i'd be interested i watching.

>>33145890
I completely forgot about rentals. Using rentals probably would be for the best though. I just got swept by a fucking Tapu Lele.
>>
>>33145909
And in 4 turns I might add.
>>
>>33145904
t. c0mp no jawb
>>
>>33145746
Whats wrong with tapus/UB OP?

Pheromosa+Tapu lele's bonkers as nuts.
>>
>>33145947
fictional moral high ground
>>
File: DgL6em3.jpg (159KB, 1023x522px) Image search: [Google]
DgL6em3.jpg
159KB, 1023x522px
>>33145746
Stop being original, stop using your favorite pokemon, stop thinking new strategies, use what everyone else uses, copy-paste your strategies from smogon or serebii and become another souless competitive player
>>
>>33145947
That's exactly why I don't want to ise them. They're too good and everyone uses them.
>>
>>33145971
Battle Spot teams are actually really varied. Look it up.
>>
>>33145746
>How do I get better at competetive?
>I don't want to use UBs or Tapus.
The first thing you should do is to shed this special snowflake mentality and use what is good because what is good is good for a reason. The best way to learn how shit works is to use it, then, after you've gotten gud, you can experiment with niche shit and how to handle stuff most people used with the experience you gained.

If you cannot do this simply don't bother. Keep playing casually with your friends with made-up rules and stuff.

And don't listen to the butthurt karenfags, Smogon is a extremely good resource for newbies, who cares if you use copypaste sets, you are learning, and those sets are standard for a reason, because they fucking work.

And the best way to learn how to play is to simply play, watch what your opponents do, and copy them, and repeat until you feel confident enough that you've learned the basics of general things. That's when you start making your own teams and the such.
>>
>>33145976
you need somthing to kill tapus then a steel type or poison.

also it would be good to have a mega and also know your Z-Mover mon.
>>
Play competitively with your circle of friends. They'll probably only use mons they like.
>>
What are some pokemon that work well with Ninetails in doubles?

Is alolan ninetails still good?
>>
>>33145976
As other people said, using said mon's is really the best way to handle them, take note on whenever they get KO'd by the enemy and then use that to your advantage the next time the enemy use them

Please dont be a karen, she lost to a 10 year old boy so i wouldn't trust her fictional and scrub advice
>>
>>33145976
You're one of those faggots that shitpicks stuff like Urgot in league and wonders why you can't escape Bronze. kys
>>
>>33145897
Wait wtf? You can't play 6v6 singles on Wifi anymore?
>>
>>33146061
>Is alolan ninetails still good?
Decent.
Use her alongside stuff that fears ground types and dragons because she covers their asses. There's A-Sandslash if you wanna go semi-hail route.
>>
>>33146083
Not against random opponents online, you never could. You have to set it up with friend codes and stuff.
>>
>>33145976
Only three of the UBs are legitimately great: Pheromosa, Celesteela, and Kartana. Nihilego and Buzzwole are good but flawed, and Xurkitree is meh. Guzzlord is bad.
>>
>>33146061
A-Sandslash is a good partner. Also generally anything that can stop Excadrill, since sand teams are its biggest weakness and it can't switch in to cancel out sand when it fears an Iron Head/Rock Slide.
>>
>>33146044
I didn't even get a chance to use Poison Jab with my Mienshao when I went against that Tapu Lele. Even if I had gotten a Poison Jab off, it probably would have eaten the move and killed me anyway.
>>
>>33146115
>>33146094
Thanks!
>>
>>33145971
5th through 8th place in vgc are exactly the same thing, why is it cut off?
>>
>>33146121
>I didn't even get a chance to use Poison Jab with my Mienshao when I went against that Tapu Lele.
Congratulations. Now you've learned that Scarf Lele is a common thing. Now whenever you see a Lele you will keep that in consideration.

>Even if I had gotten a Poison Jab off, it probably would have eaten the move and killed me anyway.
Correct. Mienshao is not even a check to Lele. That's why if your team is specially weak to something in particular you pack counters for it.

>>33146136
Because then it wouldn't be as good shitposting material.
>>
>>33146121
Yeh if your wanting to win vs tapu lele, you need to predict that he will switch out his fighting weak mon' so you can smack it on the switch with poison jab then try and KO it

Dont try and 1vs1, its ability basically gives it a free choice specs for psychic moves but without the restrictions

Ahloain Muk could be handy+ahloain marowak then mon's like Tapu bulu ironically( his terrian reduces earthquake damage by 50% as well as boosting grass moves by 50%+heal both sides for a small amount.
>>
>>33146140
>>33146165
So if it's not safe to take on Lele with the team I have now, would you say I should always have an A-Marrowak on my team at all times?
>>
>>33146192
A-Marowak is nowhere near a check either.
If you want to hard counter Lele pack a Steel type like M-Metagross. If you want to revenge kill it bring something like Gengar who can kill it on the switch.

It's not about "not being safe" but to learn how to play around it too. Packing a hard counter just helps with that. You don't need to pack 6 Lele counters to beat it either. Remember that in Pokemon it's practically impossible to make a team that will counter everything, there's always gonna be a hole, the point is for you to learn how to cover your ass when people carry something that exploits that hole.
>>
>>33146192
A-maro can shadowbone it away but you will take massive damage from its psychic(hes much better against other mon's like tapu koko/pheromosa

A-muk with assault vest can man-handle tapu lele due it usually being locked in a choice item and then use pursuit as it switchs
>>
>>33146202
>>33146213
This is very good advice. I'll be sure to keep all this in mind. Thanks, anon! You don't know how much I appreciate it.
>>
Is Togedemaru worth using?
>>
1. Choose a Pokemon you want to use.

2. Find the tier that it fits in, or build at team that it has a niche with in a higher tier.

3. Build with mons that cover its weaknesses and can take out key threats.

4. Include pivots and walls where applicable.

5. Try some matches, if something is consistently failing then you should alter the team with your newfound experience. Generally you want a setup sweeper or a late game cleaner to be your win condition, that or stall.

6. Battle more, figure out what you can and can't switch into. Learn when to switch, when to sack, and when to go for a prediction.

7. Have fun.
>>
>>33146296
It's a pretty good scarfed pivot in lower tiers. It has access to U-Turn and Nuzzle as well as Zing Zap and Poison Jab for damage. It'd be so much better if it had Iron Head.
>>
>>33145746
Lycanroc-Day is a strong candidate for the worst rock-type in the game.

Lanturn is NU for a reason

There are plenty of pokemon suited for Battle Spot (assuming that's what you're doing) that aren't Gen 7 legends:
>Aegislash
>Porygon 2
>Mimikyu
>Stingulor
>Volcarona
>Greninja
>Breloom
>Excadrill
>T-Tar
>Mamoswine
>Hippo

Megas:
>Mom
>Chicken
>Mence
>Gyara/Sharpedo
>Gross
>Mawile
>Luke
>Saur
>Zard
>Zard's brother

everything else is kind of shit desu. Staraptor is perfectly fine in that meta and so is Gliscor. Not sure if people still give a shit about Sylveon but if you've got a hate boner for the tapus you probably can't do much better
>>
>>33146296
His signature move is bretty gud I only wish it wasn't a signature move and more pokemon had access to it
>>
>>33146525
>his
>>
>>33145746
You really do have to use meta Pokemon to do well. But if you use all meta, then you're doing it wrong, too.

Take three to four meta mons. (Like OU, BL, or maybe even UU) Then the rest can be whatever you desire as long as it has a creative set that can throw the opponent off guard.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.