[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHY DON'T OTHER TRAINERS USE POTIONS ITS JUST NOT FAIR,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

WHY DON'T OTHER TRAINERS USE POTIONS

ITS JUST NOT FAIR, IT MAKES THE GAMES TOO EASY
>>
>>33145321
Just spitballing here, why don't you just refrain from using potions?
>>
Higher level trainers do. It's annoying as shit.
>>
>>33145351
THAT WOULDN'T MAKE THE OTHER TRAINERS USE POTIONS WHY ARE YOU SO DENSE
>>
>>33145351
This you dumb fucking frogposter now stop making threads.
>>
>>33145373
But it would stop the game from being too easy, why are you so dense?
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
>>33145374
YOU'RE JUST MESSING WITH ME NOW AREN'T YOU?

I NEVER SAID I USE POTIONS, I JUST SAID OTHER TRAINERS DON'T!
>>
>>33145379
THE GAME IS SUPER EASY WITHOUT USING POTIONS, I ALREADY DON'T USE THEM!
>>
>wahh a kids game is too easy
Are you people fucking for real?
>>
>>33145399
Don't reply to summerfags
>>
>>33145392
Then it would still be too easy if they used Potions, you'd just call your opponents more annoying, not harder.
>>
File: 1380697092809.jpg (42KB, 479x720px)
1380697092809.jpg
42KB, 479x720px
>>33145404
t. Manchild
>>
>>33145399
THEY ARE RATED E FOR EVERYONE

>>33145406
IT WOULD BE HARDER YOU IDIOT THAT WOULD INTRODUCE A REAL CHALLENGE
>>
File: 1495706751237.jpg (43KB, 200x247px) Image search: [Google]
1495706751237.jpg
43KB, 200x247px
>>33145399
>it's ok if a game never improves on it's enemy AI in 20 years despite the games being more than 50% battle oriented because children play it

Fuck right off with this bullshit. If anybody knows when they're being patronised, it's fucking children. Children are also capable of getting bored by opponents who have the same "intelligence" as the fucking baby on the first route. It's abysmal to think this kind of ass-backwards thinking is what's stagnated more than half the games for 20 years.
>>
>Frogposting
>posting and replying with all caps
>asking dumb shit
why are you guys answering to obvious bait?
why is people here to easy to trick?
>>
>>33145563
Where's the bait?
If other trainers used items, there'd actually be a reason to use moves like Embargo, or even buff Heal Block to prevent item healing, which is doesn't even do.
The building blocks are there, but GF refuses to build with them. How is this bait?

>he posted an image which i don't like so he must have nothing of thought to say
This is you.
>>
File: 1497174083064.jpg (124KB, 850x693px) Image search: [Google]
1497174083064.jpg
124KB, 850x693px
Okay, we'll give every trainer 4 Full Restores. Every single fucking trainer is now Lance.

Are you having fun yet?
>>
File: 1498690835808.jpg (96KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
1498690835808.jpg
96KB, 1000x563px
>>33145321
>He doesn't stock up on healing items to use only outside of battles, only using held berries to heal.
I bet you use revives in battle too, faggot.
>>
File: m5Ca7oU.gif (403KB, 380x298px)
m5Ca7oU.gif
403KB, 380x298px
>>33145524
Tl;Dr

If you like the games and still play new releases but simultaneously bitch about the game on 4chan because it's marketed for children than you just need to re-evaluate your entire life.
>>
>>33145603
But not everyone in the Pokémon world could afford to have 4 FR on standby, that's fucking obvious enough. Stop over exaggerating.

>younger, less experienced trainer classes are less likely to understand the use of potions, and so will not use them as often
>more experienced trainers will use status condition specific items and weaker potions
>experienced trainers, or workers with a higher income can afford and will thus use more expensive healing means
>trainers looking for a fair fight will not use items unless the player uses them themselves

Afraid an item might be a bit too overpowered to be spammed ad nauseum? Tough. The player gets these giftwrapped to them to the point where there's absolutely no challenge to playing the games anymore. They're all just a long cakewalk until you grind out to the end, which you obviously will get to with very little resistance.
Where's the fun without challenge?
>>
>>33145603
And a lot of trainers usually only have Pokemon you're mostly capable of 2HKOing. All these items do is waste a single PP and your time since you're just going to bring them back to the same HP on same turn they used the item. Pretty much every important Trainer NPC who you probably couldn't 2HKO already use potions anyways.

Now Hold Items is something I could get behind. Those Trainers that could use Z-Moves at least pose a threat at putting a dent into your team and berries are more effective at Trainer healing without the issues mentioned above since they could attack in the same turn.
>>
>>33145603
FULL RESTORES AREN'T THE ONLY TYPE OF HEALTH RECOVERY ITEMS YOU IDIOT

>>33145636
I ALREADY MENTIONED THAT I DON'T USE POTIONS AT ALL EARLIER IN THE THREAD
>>
>>33145643
>when you have reached a certain age you cannot care about franchises you were previously passionate about. you must become apathetic to them because you're a year older than expected and take what you're given
>implying i play the new titles past bw2
>>
>people wanting held items
It would be Clover all over again
>>
If you don't use items during a gym battle you get a unique variant of the badge which is displayed on your trainer card

yes/no?
>>
File: upset fish.jpg (59KB, 638x647px)
upset fish.jpg
59KB, 638x647px
>trainer doesn't reuse revives so I can take out his Pokemon again for more exp
>>
>>33145684
no

you should only get a badge if you don't use any health items, if you use health items it counts as a failure
>>
>>33145321
>>33145373
>>33145381
>>33145392
>>33145422
>>33145652
Frogposters need to be systematically killed
>>
File: rVVfjbr.png (10KB, 604x608px)
rVVfjbr.png
10KB, 604x608px
>>33145667
>he still wants to keep this discussion going

I barly give enough of a shit to tell you owning a DS is autism manchild mode red flag and that you cant expect a series of games to continue catering to you after you exit the target market.

You're basically the same as black women calling for less white men main characters in videogames despite not being the target market.
>>
>>33145694
it's pokemon mate, there should be a way for 8 year olds to finish it

that said, maybe they could include challenge mode once again but with the additional rules of "locked to SET mode and neither trainer can use items during battle"
>>
Why isn't anyone saging this thread?
>>
>>33145718
because op is right, despite his frog
>>
>>33145706
>You're basically the same as black women calling for less white men main characters in videogames despite not being the target market.

But white men aren't the target market and have you never even enticed all the memes back then about all the male protags being pretty much alike in the majority of cases?
>>
>>33145681
Held items are a mechanic that I would consider so integral to a Pokémon's overall ability, that refusal to use them is a downright crippling nerf. A Pokémon with an item is undoubtably stronger than one without.
Therefore, I feel like if the rules on how Thief and Covet worked were adjusted, it would make for an overall much more challenging, much funner battle experience.
For example, in a battle with a Trainer, items can be stolen, but they're returned to the trainer after the fight itself; this way enemy NPCs can have strong items like the Choice set, without the risk of a player stealing one early and steamrolling the game with it.

>>33145706
>games should only appeal to one target demographic and never expand out to multiples
This is the most selling franchise in the world in the year 2017. Are we still on the Game and Watch? You can make a game that appeals to multiple age groups, genius. You'd especially expect it from the most popular series of games in the world.
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (147KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
147KB, 1500x1500px
>>33145751
>strawman and repeat your argument

Grow up, talking like a kid only reinforces the fact you're a manchild bitching on 4chan about how a kids game series didn't keep catering to you as your tastes changed.
>>
>>33145811
>trying to think of ways to keep a core mechanic of the game interesting over the 20 years of it's existence is bitching and shouldn't be done

Consider this: if only the target audience of a game was allowed to weigh in on how it's held up, the people in charge of how Pokémon grows in future years would be the children you assume are so incapable of playing the game that they cannot have something as simple as enemies using items. Don't you see how backwards your logic is?
>>
>>33145593
>If other trainers used items, there'd actually be a reason to use moves like Embargo
But there are, the ace trainers and gym leaders use healing items, and in SM some of them used special items such as the red card trainer.

>he posted an image which i don't like so he must have nothing of thought to say
you're ignoring the other points that i made, such as how he keeps replying in all caps for no reason other than he needs people to pay attention to him, that's why he made this post
>>
>>33145733
meh, sounds too much like artificial difficulty.

it just encourages you to overlevel your mons so you can take everything down in one hit.
>>
>>33145647
>But not everyone in the Pokémon world could afford to have 4 FR on standby
>Every single fucking trainer is now Lance.
Yes they could.
>>
>>33145875
Ace Trainers and Leaders use 1, maybe 2 depending on how far into the game you are, on one Pokémon, regardless of how many the player shovels into their team. It's something, but I wouldn't exactly say giving enemy Pokémon what is essentially an inflated health bar is the end-all solution.
SM were on the right track, but the only time they had a full team of interesting items where when they all had the exact same item, so the surprise and mystery behind the held item is lost entirely. Furthermore, how many were there, like, 3? 3 trainers in the world. Who in the right mind is going to seek out a Pokémon, let alone have on the moveset, the ability to use an attack that will only do anything substantial against 3 trainers? Again, a step in the right direction, but poorly thought out in the long-term.
>something as integral as items has reached the point of being so alien to players where trainers that use them are considered special gimmicks
>>
>>33145944
>something as integral as items has reached the point of being so alien to players where trainers that use them are considered special gimmicks
they are considered special gimmicks because in the main game NPCs with items have always been very rare, items have always been a thing that is mostly handed to the player by talking to NPC or buying them, now getting to fight other NPCs that use those items in a smart way before getting them yourself is something kinda new
>>
>>33145399
>It's for kids!
I hate this excuse. Just because something is for kids doesn't give it the excuse to have less quality and effort put into it.
>>
>>33145867
No but I see how autistic you are and I regret coming back to the thread to read your autism spectrum nonsense.
>>
>>33145811
>>33145706
>>33145643
>>33145419
>>33145399
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>33145321
>complaining the game is easy
you don't play Set or playing genVI+ faggot, stop screaming
>>
>>33146173
>implying the game is hard on set
>>
File: DCFp2KXUIAAyTd8.jpg (33KB, 720x606px)
DCFp2KXUIAAyTd8.jpg
33KB, 720x606px
>>33145321
At least this faggot didn't get a tripcode yet.

Kill yourself, stupid nigger
>>
>>33146173
Or he could be smart and have his game patched with mods that are made to make the games actually challenging such as umbra moon / nova sun or rutile ruby / star sapphire and stop being such a bitch.
but then again i doubt op is smart enough as to come anywhere near this.
>>
>>33146154
Not that guy but I'd say I speak for alot of us lurkers that the dude ur arguing with is alot more intelligent than u and ur too dumb to fully understand he's not so much as arguing with you as much as trying to reach solid ground u can both agree on. Ur the one that needs to grow up bud
>>
>>33145321
Because your a frogposter thats why

maybe post something more original than a stupid pepe picture.
>>
>>33145321
Why not just making the gym leaders and trainers late game have the battle frontier level AI
>>
>>33146243
t. Double digit IQ

If bait, props, I legit think you're boarder line retard.
>>
File: 1482517586620.gif (2MB, 400x300px)
1482517586620.gif
2MB, 400x300px
The game should :

>forbid the use of Heal items in battle, and delete Battle Items.
>not allowing you to use more pokemon than your opponent (excepting villains)
>be always on set
>>
Rich Boys/Ladies use Full restores.
>>
>>33145419
t. Normal Child
>>
>>33145321

Why not just refuse to use items during battle. Even if the opponent does.
>>
>>33145321

Rich guys tend to use Full Restores/potions. It's a money thing.
>>
>>33145399
Battletoads was for kids.

Filtered.
>>
>>33145321
A ROMhack did this. It was very annoying.
>>
>>33147035
Then FUCKING PLAY BY THOSE RULES if you want those rules. I will never understand you retards
>>
File: 1499421952541.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499421952541.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
>>33149401
I do.
But it should be there since the start, at least in a challenge mode, so all the retards can stop saying it's easy because they choose the easy mode.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.