[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone think USM disappointing in sales will make game freak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 5

They are taking us fans for granted.
>>
>>33145054
I would probably make them announce gen 8 in December
>>
>>33145054
It's a sequel/third version. It's guaranteed to not sell as well as sun/moon. Game Freak will never listen.
>>
>>33145054
they won't care, a new gen game will rake all the money back in again. when a new gen game flops then they will be worried.
>>
nigger they dont give a fuck, USUM is just this years's source of income before gen 8 with some beta testing of new content.
The main guys at GF fear nothing because their jobs are secured for life, tje guys at TCPI already have an sales estimation which is probably going to be correct and the game has been given time and funding just enough to guarantee that.
Gen 8 is a separate project most likely from a separate dev team. USUM will not affect shit.
>>
Yes, just like the disappointing sales of all other third versions.
>>
>>33145064
I wouldn't mind that. Thanks won't buy games now
>>
>>33145054
I hope they either sell bad or there's massive backlash if the games turn out to be lazy again. The internet makes it hard for Gamefreak to ignore fans, just look at how they were forced to announce a game for the Switch without any footage or artwork.
>>
>>33145196
Hopefully. Gamefreak is way too complencent and comfortable

They need a reality check
>>
>>33145089
>>33145071
I think the difference now is. We live in the social media. The opinions speard fast. It's not like writing letter or anything

Backlash could easily happen
>>
>>33145234
Sometimes I forgot I'm posting with literall childrens
>>
>>33145196
>look at how they were forced to announce a game for the Switch
Its more likely that they did that requested by Nintendo to calm shareholders afraid of the adult-oriented Switch advertisements so to guarantee that the kiddy killer app was also going to be on the system.
They dont really give a fuck about fan opinions because it's an extremelly loyal fanbase and recent services like Pokébank strenghten the loyalty even more. Plus most of the profits come from merchandise, not the videogames and they just need to keep the series alive so the merch doesnt die.

Fan reactions om the game content are just not an issue for best-seller franchises lile this.
>>
What does USM have for it?

X and Y first 3d Pokemon

Oras remakes

Sun and moon Pokemon go help with fan interest and 20th Anniversary

Platinum and BW2 released in DS much bigger userbase than 3ds
>>
>>33145283
I don't know about that.

I never seen Pokemon fans upset about a mainline Pokemon announcement like USM. There loyal but there wiser now
>>
>waaahh kids games don't cater to autistic men thread #747593

Basically, if you played any Pokemon game after Emerald you're a fucking loser.
>>
>>33145357
You are trying way too hard
>>
>>33145397
Just wait and see
>>
>>33145133
If there's anything to be announced this year, it'll be a Switch port of US/UM (and even the chances of that aren't terribly high).

If they don't even expect the graphics to be done until maybe Spring, there's no way a release announcement is coming before May, I'd bet.
>>
Not an apologist, but I'd say give it time, near release they'll be probably do a trailer, they're not giving information most likely due to the fact we basically already know the Pokemon in alola, the only thing we need info on is the 'ultra forms' and clarification on whether its a sequel or an alternate story so denialfags can shut up, bw2 had a pretty hype trailer, so idk
>>
>>33145453
It will be gen 8.
>no more gen 7 mythicals left
>Gen 7 tcg is almost over
>Ash is almost in ula-ula
>>
>>33145513
So gen 8 will probably be announced in January
>>
>>33145518
Who knows
>>
They made the EU Internationals on the release of USUM so they can have something to blame for poor sales and continue like they always have now
>>
>>33146651
But if they to have known of sun and moon negative impact

Why would people feel disappointed about Ultra sun and moon announcement if that wasn't the case

Anyways a mainline Pokemon game has never sold less than million fw in Japan

Usm will probably the first. Japan disappointmenting is sales will wake them
>>
>>33145234
>backlash
this isn't PC, it's always ok when Nintendo does it
>>
>cheap game
>pokémon game
let's say that it sells the absolute worse in the series, 5 million copies. Hell let's say even 2 million copies and that ain't gonna happen. It's going to be a major success in any case, he'll 2 million copies are considered a major success for ANY game let alone a game where 95% of the assets are going to be recycled
>>
>>33146700
The Wii U failed due to Nintendo's carelessness. They don't always get away with everything they do.
>>
Flops mean something just concerning first versions. If everyone falls for Gen 8 as they did for Sun and Moon, any later rant will sound reliable as white noise.
>>
>>33145054

I think they expect third versions to dip in sales. They are just rehashes after all.

Once Rushed Ruby and Slothful Sapphire sold well, that's when gamefreak learned that retards will buy anything they put out
>>
Everyone is going to go apeshit when they actually start revealing info. We always go through this "GAMEFREAK IS FINISHED" phase after a game is announced.
>>
>>33145054
>The are taking us for granted
Why shouldn't they?
If you're dumb enough to buy their half-assed games that's your fault, that's just how business works.

Even so, USUM sales won't mean shit to them, because all they're doing is adding stuff to a pre-existing game, so they'll get enough profits for the effort they've put into it for sure.

I think USUM will be good though.
>>
>>33146763
The WiiU didn't fail because it made people mad or, it failed because most people literally did not know it was their Wii successor.
>>
>>33145283
>>33145196

Nope, you guys haven't figured out why they really announced Gen VIII right after USUM's announcement. I know it but nobody on here would believe it. I will say that the reason is all about USUM.
>>
>>33145054
Gamefreak will blame the backlash on the games being third versions, not on them beibg actually bad. They'll stop making third versions and keep making horrible games and wonder why they're still doing bad.
>>
>>33148878
Why are you talking like a faggot? Just say what you mean to say, you pussy.
>>
>>33146698
>known of sun and moon negative impact
No such thing.
>>
Has it ever been revealed why the missed out a third version of X and Y?

I mean, at first I thought they were doing away with that whole formula when we got SM, but not USUM come around and I don't know what the fuck to think.
Does Gamefreak even know themselves?
>>
>>33149259
It's most likely that X and Y was so shitty that even GameFreak refused to work with this god-forsaken piece of cardrige. This also may explain why Zygarde and its "lore" was moved along to Gen VII.
>>
>>33149291
I thought that too, but in all honesty was SM any better? It felt just as shallow, with only the graphical update being of note.
>>
>>33149259
Because yokai watch
>>
>>33145054
No. It probably won’t fail and will still sell millions, but if it flops they are just gonna write it off on the hardware. Very doubtful that will happen.
>>
File: 1479144361015.jpg (5KB, 161x175px) Image search: [Google]
1479144361015.jpg
5KB, 161x175px
>>33149295
>WARNING: Opinion ahead
For me, yes, SM was not much, but more bearable than XY. The problem is probably the fact that XY's story is so retarded and unfinished that nothing can really fix it. Also, remember how rushed the story was? Before 2nd badge we meet Team Flare, and then THERE IS NOTHING. You just go forward and then, oh my fuck. Infamous Kalos Badlands (fuck this place) before 5th badge, Power Plant Arc, then we had Pokeball Factory, and then the whole shot going down after 7th badge. What is more, region feels empty and in most cases there is nothing to do. Even cringey group of our friends made some people quit before the game even started. XY is just compilation of unfinished, rushed and forgotten things. If anything could fix it it would be making Kalos from scratch.
SM isn't really much better, but even the fact that story goes more smoothly than XY makes the game some more enjoyable (excluding retarded cutscenes trait, of course.)
>>
>Takao directing
It'll be better than SM but gf won't realize it was their fault, and now he won't be able to direct a game ever again.
>>
>>33149350
I hope that the rumours of him directing are true.
>>
>>33149350
>Takao directing this AND Gen 8
>>
>>33145372
>posts on /vp/
>calls other people losers
>>
>>33145234
>I think the difference now is. We live in the social media. The opinions speard fast. It's not like writing letter or anything
That makes it worse. Opinions, especially when mixed, are easier to ignore now. If they want to create an echo chamber of positive opinions, they can, and they will (and they have). They won't care about honest opinions.
>>
>>33145054
Just like with XY, ORAS, and SM, right?

Fucking idiot. You are worth nothing to Game Freak. /vp/ is worth nothing to Game Freak. They don't give a shit about your autistic sperging out over the Berry Blender, for instance. Hell, if anything, considering /vp/ loves the worst-selling games and hates the best-selling games, they'd want to do everything in their power to make games that *you* would personally hate.
>>
>>33149700
What are you talking. It says if it disappoints in sales none of the games did

It's funny that people think /V/p/ is the only place that calls sun and moon shit.

Most places do. Never seen kind of negativity towards a game not even x and y
>>
>>33149297
>yokai watch
HA HA HA HA HA HA
>Yokai Watch franchise sales: ~12,540,000
>Pokemon Sun/Moon sales: ~15,440,000
>>
>>33149722
Gamefreak only cares about japan. It outsold oras in 2014 and anime was destroying Pokemon in rating probably merchandise too but those days are long gone
>>
>>33149735
Outsold oras because the three versions combined lol
>>
>>33149744
Yo Kai watch 2 outsold oras in Japan

A franchise that been around for 18 years at the time got beat by a franchise in its 2nd year.
>>
>>33149716
>It's funny that people think /V/p/ is the only place that calls sun and moon shit.
It is.
>>
>>33149716
>Most places
X has 87 on Metacritic, Y has 88, Sun has 87, Moon has 87. X has 8.5 userscore, Y has 8.6, Sun has 7.8, Moon has 8.1.

Wow what a fucking disaster, /vp/ says the games are bad though so I guess Game Freak needs to completely change their approach

>>33149744
Nah he's right, Yokai Watch 2's paired versions outsold ORAS in Japan in 2014, by around 600,000 units. Worldwide, it's no contest - 3.52m vs 12.39m.

>>33149758
But sales for Yokai Watch died off immediately, and the franchise is basically dead by this point.
Yokai Watch 2 sold 1,725 copies in 2017 thus far. ORAS sold 17,659.
>>
File: 1763.jpg (909KB, 1233x1233px) Image search: [Google]
1763.jpg
909KB, 1233x1233px
Nintendo just shocked the entire gaming industry. O_o
Nah, just joking. Regardless of what they call it, its probably still a minor updated version for a quick cash in.

Now its just 2 versions.

Meh, I'll buy it if its for 3DS, If it is, I'll buy a used copy.

Edit: The black pokemon (electric one) looks so stupid now! Wow.
>>
>>33149722
>>33149735
>>33149744
>>33149758
>>33149766
>12.54m
>12.39m
So, the entire Yokai Watch franchise put together just barely outsold ORAS?
>>
>>33149766
Metacritic logic?

Have you been on

Twitter
Facebook
Tumblr

It's not even the west. Go on the Japan boards you will see the criticism and hate for sun and moon
>>
>>33149776
Dude we're talking about Japan. You know the country that game freak is from and operates

Pokemon anime turning into slice of life

The rotam dex

This is because of yo Kai watch
>>
>>33149789
>Rotom-dex

I hope this thing gets deleted in USUM.
>>
>>33149778
>Twitter
>Facebook
>Tumblr
>the Japan boards
You forgot Reddit. While you're at it, you can go back.

>>33149789
>Yokai Watch 3 releases in July and sells 1.4 million units in 2016
>Sun and Moon release in November and sell 3.3 million
You may be right. I don't think they should have even bothered. Yokai Watch is a dead franchise that can't even sell 2 million copies of the latest game in the span of a year.
>>
>>33149735
Outsold a remake wow
>>
>>33149789
>This is because of yo Kai watch
End this meme. It wasn't because of YW. It was because the japanese fanbase kept saying pokemon got too dark and serious during gen 6. Hell, they're still complaining that SM games were too dark.
>>
So much schilling in this thread. Good god

It's about the quality of games. The sales are whatever if you care about sales be a fan of GTA.

Yo Kai watch is dead. Truth but Pokemon games right now are stale
>>
>>33149820
And quality-wise, the general consensus is that XY were classics and SM were good games.

Granted, I think XY are a pile of shit, but that's how it is.
>>
>>33149825
Who the hell says this.

X and y are classics? These games died quicker than sun and moon. That's saying a lot
>>
>>33149810
If they could manage to make a game with a serious story but without the world's fate being at stake and lovecraftesque creatures being freed...
>>
>>33149858
Games nowadays tries to be more than they are actually are. That's why we have end-of-the-world scenarios, when a child prodigy magically saved the world. It's getting old.
>>
>>33149869
Does anyone care about Mario saving peach from browser in most games last 30 years it's a concept
>>
>>33145196
t. Autism
>>
>>33149873
>Does anyone care about Mario saving peach from browser
Yes. Literally every time a new Mario game is announced people complain about this.
>>
>>33149869
Exactly, that's why I think they should make the "pokemon story" more interesting. They don't even need a villain team, to me: make more characters to meet, add some choices with permanent effects on the story (not current choices, which give to the same results) so you can actually customize your character more than just physically. Oh, and give us more physical customization too. Pokémon games nowadays are "mostly online", i want to be different than all the random "Ash" players around the globe.
>>
>>33149844
Reviewers. People GF cares about more than /vp/.
>>
>>33149974
Reviewers gave BW2 80% and sun and moon 87% they aren't reliable at all

Just wait for USM sales. You will be surprised
>>
>>33149985
>Just wait for USM sales. You will be surprised
Famous last words?
>>
>>33149873
I mean we started as a kid who was catching various creatures. We ended up as a fucking savior. Pokemon should stay the way they was, giving a simple, but light and bearable story, that maybe contain a moral for kids. If you want be a savior as a prodigy, go play Wings of Vi.
>>33149964
I can agree with you. Actually making Pokemon story "more interesting" as you said does not means IT NEEDS TO BE DEEPER. The execution of such "deep" stories is almost the same. Someone is bad, we have us as a hero that can't be beaten by no one or in most cases he or she or who ever it is dies, disappears or becomes a "better" person.
>>
>>33149998
Screen cap it
>>
File: screencap.png (12KB, 532x234px) Image search: [Google]
screencap.png
12KB, 532x234px
>>33150029
Here you go
>>
>>33149985
B2W2 sold like shit and SM didn't, thanks for making my case
>>
>>33150005
In gen 1, we started as akid and ended as a pro that single handedly took down a criminal organization bent on world domination and captured the at the time strongest pokemon. The only difference is that now the palyer's feats are acknowledged.
>>
>>33150005
Back in early 2000, when i was 13yo and played blue version, i've found funny that as a kid i disbanded an organized crime gang. It was the weirdest part on the whole game story, yet i really loved all the other parts so i could bear it. And one year later, happened again on Silver.
Then on GBA you defeated the team who wanted to basically destroy the world by using an ancient power they couldn't totally understand nor control. It was a change of pace, but could work as a peak. From there, there's been an escalation— every single region had some idiot wanting to destroy the world and even more idiot grunts willing to follow him to death. More or less, it's a matter of scaling, think about Dragon Ball: how do you make the next enemies interesting if Frieza can already blow mountains with a finger? It's gonna be more and more difficult to find a deeper story with harder enemies and the world being more at risk.
That's not what i personally want, I was hoping Alola would have a chill pokemon trainer story when they released Ultra Beasts designs. "Oh dear, here we go again."

(note, i still liked the game and i'll still buy USUM. I'm not going out from this tunnel after 17 years)
>>
>>33150048
SM's story was a bit of a deescalation if you think about it. The main goal wasn't saving the world, it was saving Lusamine. The UB threat wasn't a global thing, they were contained in Alola. At best, we saved a few lives from a potential UB rampage that the Tapus missed.
>>
>>33150048
>>33150089
SM story is more like a family drama and my character has to deal with it, just because. It does not even feel like my or my character's journey.
>>
>>33145054

Game is going to sell over seven million and you know it.
>>
>>33150103
You're exaggerating.
>>
>>33149775
fuck off, filthy casual
>>
they will be great
>>
>>33150119
I probably do, but all this thread is about exaggerating. But I didn't really liked the fact that I had to deal with Lillie and her clumsiness and her fears at every five minutes. And I can't be the only one person who feels that way.
>>
To add something, I'd like to start the game with some kind of choice. I mean, a HUGE part of their fanbase is made of 25+ years old people. Let us select if we want to play as kids or as adults, in the game. You can be still new in the region, and you wanted a fresh new adventure "like when i was a kid and i've done it the first time". So you keep you mons in the PokéBank (wink wink) and have to regain gym badges and everythink.
Story can be more or less the same, since as a kid you already save lives and/or the world. But it's the feeling that would be different, playing as an adult/adult-ish would feel way different than still adventuring as a ten years old brat
>>
>>33148878
So, you know nothing? Good post, Anon.
>>
>>33150116
I don't think so
>>
>>33150103
>It does not even feel like my or my character's journey

This. There were so many points where I was thinking "Why am I even here?" At least in other games, the rival gives you some link to the rest of the world, but Hau takes the role from you in SM. You're literally just there to be a powerhouse. You can remove the player character entirely and the vast majority of the story won't change.
>>
>>33150141
>And I can't be the only one person who feels that way.
It was a bit divisive from what I've seen.Some people really did enjoy Lilli develpoing through the story. Like, you could explain what you hated about it and they'd just ask "why is that a bad thing?". I personally didn't care but didn't mind it either. If nothing else, I like that the game tried to focus on other characters's journey as well as yours. It's kind of like what they tried to do in XY, but slightly better.
>>
>>33150036
Thanks will post this end of year. When it's clear
>>
>>33150182
>At least in other games, the rival gives you some link to the rest of the world
I don't see how. Most rivals are a complete nonfactor that randomly show up and leave with no consequence.
>>
Still selling well than another nintendo franchises like fire emblem
>>
>>33150206
It still gives the character a role of sorts, and that's just for the earlier games. By the time actual plot started happening, your character is still what drove it forward. So much of the plot in SM just happens around you though, which would be fine if the PC wasn't still thrust into a front and center position with that damn :^) face all the time.
>>
>>33150254
This. You basically stands here and look aimlessly somewhere. It's like >>33150186
said. And my little addition: The worst part like this in SM was the point when we moved to Aether Paradise to encounter Lusamine that went apeshit. Why do I have to listen to her rants about Lillie?
>>
>>33150276
Lusamine's an abusive mom, wouldn't be as believable without the abuse. I think Lillie could still work, but she did get spotlight in some scenes that should have gone to the player character.
>>
>>33149801

If they're preparing to go back to single screen in gen 8, then maybe, also, Game Freak loves to remove features from previous games either way, so there's that, and the whole "retelling" thing gives them an excuse to do so aswell.
>>
>>33149825

I'm pretty sure they were discussed enthusiastically by the fanbase for longer than SM
>>
>>33149858

I honest to goodness believe UBs are the closest Pokemon has been to "jumping the shark" territory
>>
USUM is just filler by the secondary team while the main team works on Gen 8 for Switch.
>>
>>33150116

Six million at best, SM had the GO hype to push it's sales, this won't even have that, added to the fact that it's a third version on the Nintendo handheld with the smallest install base, with barely any hype surrounding it's release, and with gen 8 having been implied to come out next year, some people who would have been interested otherwise might skip it, let alone those who were disappointed with SM, or those that might think there might not be enough additional content to justify a purchase, put two and two together...

Either way, I honestly wonder how SM would have sold had GO never been released.
>>
>>33153012
About the same. Go boosting SM's sales is a meme. Most go players don't even own a 3ds and I doubt they bought one just to play pokemon.
>>
>>33153245
It definitely boosted. The old games like x and y and oras got boasted. Nintendo said it's because of Pokemon go
>>
>>33150151
But I wanna play as a hip loli.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.