[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I saw an anon stating that the Tapu are "wooden statues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9

File: 1483644874429.png (515KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483644874429.png
515KB, 1280x720px
I saw an anon stating that the Tapu are "wooden statues given life" or something like that sorta like the Regis, but when I asked him to explain the thread died before he could answer. So I want to know if you anything about this. Also Tapu thread I guess.
>>
>>33144822
>Posting the worst legendary group to be released within this entire franchise
>>
>>
I mean, it makes sense. When creating Alola, Arceus bestowed life on four wooden statues and gave them the responsibility of guarding each of the Alola region's islands. Since the Alola region is so far away from any other region and fairly small, it makes sense that Arceus would want to create specific defenders of the islands.
>>
>>33144848
Could you at least answer the question?
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (61KB, 1368x768px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
61KB, 1368x768px
>>33144848
>>
>>33144848
>Tapus
>Worse than the genies, deer trio, or the pixie reskins
(You)
>>
File: Ku_statues_(1).jpg (17KB, 250x166px) Image search: [Google]
Ku_statues_(1).jpg
17KB, 250x166px
I havent heard about wooden statues brought to life but they're based of Ku, Kanaloa, Kāne, and Lono who are usually symbolized as idols,
and the statues of Ku play a role in Hawaiian culture since they're tied to King Kamehameha
So maybe something involving that

With all the DBZ references GF likes to make, I'm suprised we didnt get anything for the guy named Kamehameha
>>
File: Regis.png (278KB, 640x387px) Image search: [Google]
Regis.png
278KB, 640x387px
>>33144848
;_;
>>
This reminds me

What pokémon is the strange souvenir representing?
>>
File: 1479345627050.png (658KB, 900x911px) Image search: [Google]
1479345627050.png
658KB, 900x911px
>>33144962
Malie Library says the Tapu were gifted with great power, not created that way. They fought against "the legendary Pokemon" (heavily implied to be Solgaleo/Lunala based off the ending cutscene) to get it, so they weren't statues before being given this power. It's possible Arceus created them just as regular Pokemon guardians before all this happened, though, and they just got an upgrade from the box legendary's UB/dimension-hopping abilities later. But I'm not sure what points to that.
>>
File: 150px-Dialkia_statue.png (20KB, 150x186px) Image search: [Google]
150px-Dialkia_statue.png
20KB, 150x186px
>>33145118
Also worth admitting that the library books may not be entirely canon, a lot of that could be myths like some of the shit Sinnoh pulled. We already have plenty of examples of Alolan locals coming up with superstitions/legends.
>>
>>33144848
*best
Ftfy
>>
>>33144996
They already did it for Mega Blastoise
>Great Turtle Wave
Mega Launcher is pretty much this
>>
>>33145118
It's also possible that Arceus didn't create them at all. They're fey, or nature spirits, and in the anime Sycamore stated that the XYZ trio were basically born out of nature's desire to preserve its balance. So the Tapu pretty much could have been born when the islands were formed by volcanic activity or something.
>>
>>33145011
Probably just the Tapu in general, they probably didnt have the designs nailed down when XY came out, only the general idea so the Strange Souvenior was meant to represent that
>>
>>33145011
I always assumed it was Zygarde 100%.
>>
>>33145168

>Tapus and Zygarde both represent natures balance
>Both are guardian entities
>Both have prominent "face" designs on their bodies
>Zygarde hinted to be in Alola because Ultra Beasts, when Ultra Beasts invade the Tapu are the first to respond

hmmm
>>
>>33145128
All myths about legendary Pokémon are true.
>>
>>33145731
SM proved this false. Solgaleo and Lunala aren't representatives or emissaries of the sun and moon. They're just Ultra Beasts that people revered in the past.

There's no real way of determining most of the legends in the games anyway
>>
>>33144848
That's not the lake trio.
>>
>>33144980
The pixies are worse. At least the genies had different tails, different body colours, different number of horns and different haircuts as well as mustaches. And they also have their totem forms which sorta redems them. The pixies are literally the same pokemon repeated three times, but with a different haircut.
>>
>>33145011
I believe the souvenir resembles the generic tiki statue that the Tapus reside in.
>>
>>33144822
Tapus are legendary Pokemon tasked with the job of protecting Nebby, the heir of Solgaleo and Lunala. That's their only purpose. That's why they don't fuck with humans. Humans only destroy what they live to preserve, which is why Bulu fucked Ula Ula's shit up.
>>
>>33145804
"The exception that proves the rule"

All the legendary pokemon have feats that confirm the myths, like Dialga creating a universe in Mt. Coronet, Rayquaza intervening in the fight of Groudon and Kyogre, or Yveltal giving energy to the ultimate weapon to destroy all life on the surface of the planet.
>>
File: Lycanroc.png (635KB, 1408x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Lycanroc.png
635KB, 1408x1300px
>>33145968
In addition Solgaleo and Lunala are not simple ultra beasts, their mere presence affects quite to the dimension in which they are at the moment.
>>
>>33144822
I thought only Bulu was made out of wood, hence the Grass typing.
>>
>>33145968
That's not what he said at all retard. He was responding to the anon who claimed "all myths about Pokemon are true." If there's an exception, then it's not true.

Not to mention it's stated that A-Ninetales, Volcarona, and A-Dugtrio were treated as gods too. Cynthia, Ghetsis, and Pokemon Daisuki Club have also cast doubts about the legends, so there is no real way to confirm everything in the legends.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.