[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent/Swarm have some kind of indicator

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Ash_Grovyle_Overgrow[1].png (177KB, 320x341px) Image search: [Google]
Ash_Grovyle_Overgrow[1].png
177KB, 320x341px
Should Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent/Swarm have some kind of indicator to let you know when they're active? Like a message, and/or a green/red/blue aura around the Pokemon like the anime.
>>
Couldn't hurt.
>>
>>33143788
/thread
>>
>>33143788
It could, we know from totem Pokémon how laggy those auras can be. I guess a message would be fine.
>>
>>33143786
That's what I thought would happen when we learned that Gen 5 would say when abilities would activate.
>>
I think there should be an aura around the attack rather than the Pokémon just to avoid slowdown.
>>
>>33143786
Grovyle is so cute!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9YtXi-qIp0
>>
>>33143812
>>
How about just learning to fucking divide by 3 you imbecile?

Do I know what 376/3 is off the top of my head? No, but I know it's a little more than 120 just with guesstimation, and that's pretty good for just about every scenario. If I'm slightly over 20, then I'll just add by threes until I go over, and use that as my cutoff.
>>
>>33144310
for the kids and people new to the franchise
>>
>>33143803
I think he meant a temporary aura like when a stat is boosted.
>>
>>33144310
Who would want the game to be more clear with its systems
>>
>>33144320
Teaching kids to get better at mental math tricks can only be a good thing, and I fail to see how "being new to the series" means you're somehow automatically a retarded with numbers.

>>33144380
Yeah mean, you know what? You're totally right. Besides OPs suggestion, let's implement a pop-up for every tile that shows you every possible Pokemon that can appear in the area, as well as the unique encounter rate for the sub-pixel that you're occupying. Oh, and while we're at it, let's include an in-battle prompt that occurs whenever you're afflicted with a status condition and gives you the full explanation of what it does, how many turns it lasts, whether it's volatile or not, and how to use an item to get rid of it.

And who could POSSIBLY forget making the random number generator persistently visible so players can understand why enemy trainers and wild Pokemon use the moves they do at certain times, as well as a lookup table of all seeds and the patterns they lead to.

Gee, thank God we have you here to SIMPLIFY the game of Pokemon for all the poor hapless players out there who would just never be able to accomplish anything if it weren't for you to suggest all these hand-holding countermeasures! :)
>>
>>33144332
This would be good.
>>
>>33144473
It's more about indication than recognition. The game never tells the player when the ability is activated, only that it happens with low HP. You would assume that this is when the HP bar displays Red Health, but it actually happens sooner than that, therefore the game isn't giving the player sufficient information and failing in its intentions.
>>
File: 1501171912460.png (44KB, 615x319px) Image search: [Google]
1501171912460.png
44KB, 615x319px
>>33144473
Geez, someone went full autistic mode
>>
>>33144473
You sound mad over a children's computer game sweetie

Just remember- vague is bad, clear+ indepth is good my friend, i hope you enjoyed your lesson for today
>>
>>33144508

Imagine having so little self-awareness that you actually type this post out, read it over, solve the captcha, and confidently click submit, on this board.

Imagine that.
>>
>>33144526
Come back when you calm down hun

I understand your autism is hard on yourself but we all love you corky!
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.