[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know X&Y are disliked, but the Gen VI Pokemon are awesome,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: oibl-2.png (1MB, 972x1480px) Image search: [Google]
oibl-2.png
1MB, 972x1480px
I don't think there's been a better batch of well designed Pokemon since Gen 1.

> One of (if not the) best set of starters. Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie are all adorable.
> Greninja is rightfully one of the most popular starters ever, and Chesnaught/Delphox have their fans.
> Best looking Route 1 bird in Fletchling/Talonflame. Was also really cool to get a non-starter Fire type early. Shame Sun+Moon regressed back to Normal/Flying.
> Best Butterfly in the series. I started with Gen 1 and Butterfree still can't touch this. Plus it has an awesome gimmick.
> Best fossils in the series hands down.
> A GHOST/STEEL SWORD. Best inanimate object Pokemon in the series.
> Klefki is great you fuckers. It's a little fairy that steals keys.
> This is probably going to be the most divisive point, but Noivern is the best Dragon in the series. Fuck your Salamence. Fuck your Flygon. Give me the doof doof Dragon.
> Best designed legendaries since Gen 3 at the very least, ending the reign of shitty Dragon Gods.

Then we have Hawlucha who pretty much everyone agrees is awesome. We finally got a Grass/Ghost haunted tree and it lived up to the hype. Pangoro, Malamar, Heliolisk are awesome. Barbaracle is an ugly piece of shit badass in the best possible way.

The Mega Evolutions are a lot more hit and miss, but there are plenty of really great ones. Mega Slowbro takes that design to its logical conclusion, with the Shellder now covering his entire body. Mega Sableye rips the gem from his chest to use as a shield and then eats it when he's done. Mega Ampharos shows us what it's like to go...even further...beyond. I could go on. They aren't all bad.
>>
>>33140581
Gen6 mons are one of the strongest reasons why XY is utterly shit
>>
>>33140581
The last three gens have all been very strong in terms of mon design
>>
>>33140581
>Shame Sun+Moon regressed back to Normal/Flying.
This, toucannon should have been Steel/Flying
>>
File: 0YjxaRj.jpg (33KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
0YjxaRj.jpg
33KB, 600x450px
>>33140581
Only gen where I used a full team from that gen and liked every member of the team
>>
File: 1486443452381.gif (2MB, 400x243px) Image search: [Google]
1486443452381.gif
2MB, 400x243px
>>33140581
>Best fossils in the series hands down
>Then we have Hawlucha who pretty much everyone agrees is awesome
you're not entirely wrong with some of your points but XY's mons are even more boring than Johto's
>>
>>33140611
>more boring than Johto
Not possible
>>
I agree 100% the designs look so crisp and I really like the colors. Second favorite batch after gen 3
>>
>>33140581
>Best fossils in the series hands down.
literally who says this. I would go so far as to say its the worst fossils in the series, hands down.
Noivern is okay, I like him more than most of the dragons. The legendaries suck imo but I get that thats not rly an opinion strongly held around here.
Also dustox is the best moth.
Otherwise, I agree with you. Delphox is awful though.
>>
>>33140581

I personally loved the 6 Gen mon, I genuinely like every single one of them, but making this thread is going to attract the "Murr your opinion is wrong, mine is right, 6 gen mon suck cause there's not enough waifu' dickheads.

But yes, Gen 6 definitely has some of the better Pokemon.
>>
>>33141012
The fossils in this game are the best though.
>>
>>33141242
yikes
>>
File: Untitled.png (73KB, 623x156px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
73KB, 623x156px
just started xy for the first time and got my 2nd badge
the dex so far is very diverse and the gen 6 designs are mostly solid
super training is already helping me counteract the gay natures i get because im too lazy to go hunting for an adamant 5% encounter male ralts

>>33140596
i disagree though, i think gen 5 designs are the worst and gen 7 is not far behind
>>
>>33141012
>Tyrantrum and Aurorus
>bad
Competitive aside, cause LOL@Ice/Rock, they are one of the best, the hell you're talking about?
(even competitively, none of the are PU, Tyrantrum just got banned from NU and Aururus is slowly making splashes)
>>
>>33140581
>Since Gen 1
Gen 1 wasn't, get your fucking nostalgia glasses off. Only about half of the Kanto Dex is good, with shit like Arcanine, Ninetales, Lapras, Eevee and the starters, but then there's the steaming garbage of Grimer/Muk, Magneton, Dugtrio, Voltorb/Electrode, the Geodude line, Mr. Mime and Jynx.

To be honest, and this is just my opinion, Gen 3 had a way better dex when it comes to the good/bad ratio of Pokémon.
>>
>>33141313
is there a bad gen 3 mon besides grumpig? I didn't like swalot until i saw his animations in the remakes.
>>
>>33141319
me again, medicham is kind of lame i guess
>>
>>33141313
Genwunnerism has created anti Gen 1 people like you. Just because lots of people praise it more than it deserves, doesn't mean it isn't worth of praise at all. 90% of the Gen 1 dex are top tier designs.
>>
>>33141319
There aren't many bad Gen 3 Pokemon, but there aren't many great ones either imo. It's a very ho-hum dex. I mean looking at the lineup the only ones I'd say are standouts are the starters, Sableye, Milotic, Absol, Metagross and the legends.
>>
>>33141325
and Shiftry, Masquerain, Ninjask, Exploud, Nosepass, Delcatty, Medicham, Plusle, Minum, Volbeat, Illumise, Roselia, Swalot, Torkoal, Grumpig, Altaria, Lunatone, Solrock, Claydol, Castform, Huntail, Gorebyss, Luvdisc...

Gen III had WAY too many useless single stage Pokemon and WAY too many useless 'pair Pokemon' to advertise double battles (Plusle/Minum, Illumise/Volbeat, Lunatone/Solrock) even Latios/Latias did this).
>>
>>33140581
It has the most creative Pokemon I'll give it that.

But Aromatisse needs to be axed.
I'm not not even a witchdoctorfag but this thing is atrocious.
Barbaracle is up there too.

Pyroar is lackluster and extremely underwhelming.
>Lion Pokemon
>Special attacker

Everything else checks out ey-okay imo.
>>
>>33141543
This.

There are a lot of Gen 3 lines that came off as filler. The games could've done without:

>Masquerian line
>Shedinja
>Exploud line
>Grumpig line
>Swalot line
>Luvdisc
>Clampearl by itself
>Swablu line
>Seedot by itself
>>
>>33141268
Stop being lazy, catch 3 ralts a day and you'll get it on 9 days or less
>>
>>33140581
Even though I liked a lot of Gen 5 mons, the line-up itself felt very artificial and cold.

In Gen 6, we got a great range of colourful, animalistic pokemon to add to the roster.

Pokemon like Gogoat, Talonflame, Heliolisk and Phantump are amazingly good.
>>
>>33141543
I love Roselia's design but it was a shitty mon
you're also forgetting abilities like Manectric's lightning rod whose only purpose is double battles and it's pretty much useless in-game
>>
File: 248792342522.jpg (15KB, 300x153px) Image search: [Google]
248792342522.jpg
15KB, 300x153px
>>33140581
>>best fossils in the series
>HERP DERP DINOSAURS ARE SO COOL I'M AN UNDERAGE TEN YEAR OLD
>>
>>33140581
>since Gen 1

are you talking in terms of ratio or raw numbers? either way, I doubt gen1 does well compared to all other generations in either, even if your taste is highly out of the usual
>>
>>33140581
The only gen 6 designs I honestly think are pretty good are Grenigga, the Honedge line, Dragalge, Tyrunt line, the Grass/Ghosts, and the legends. The megas are all shit.
>>
>>33141543
I'd say a lot of gen 3 mons were slowly made better as the gens went by. It has the same issue as gen 1 and 2 where some lines were just fucking stupid because of lack of movepool diversity.
>>
>>33140581
Not really, but they were better than the Alola crap.
>>
>>33141543
>>33141647
I hope this is bait. People love a lot of the mons you've listed.
>>
Gen 7 has better designed mons for me.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.