[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's Pokemon audience turnover rate? By that I mean,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: shock08[1].jpg (37KB, 330x250px) Image search: [Google]
shock08[1].jpg
37KB, 330x250px
What's Pokemon audience turnover rate?

By that I mean, what's the usual amount of time before old fans (not all, but a good portion) start outgrowing the series and get replaced by new ones?
>>
I think diamond and pearl was a huge turn over with kids

X and y was next

Switch games will be next.

Kids right now playing mobile games and minecraft

Pokemon go will have to help with turn around
>>
>>33140044
every two gens in general, I'd say.

for each gen that is the first for a kid/first timer, they tend to get excited for the next and then drop off unless they actually get addicted.

source: gamestop clerk for 6 years when I was in college.
>>
>>33140208
Yup. I say

Gen 1

Gen 4

Gen 6
>>
>>33140247
No, it's more like Gen 1, Gen 3, Gen 5.

Gen 6 and 7 are more outliers because the first was the first model using games meaning a bunch of players returned and the latter were boosted by mobile casuals and more returning players thanks to Go.
>>
>>33140208
Happened to me. I played HGSS, then gen 5. I picked up a Sinnoh game and lost interest in the series, didn't play X til, like, 2015 when someone happened to give me a copy. Now I consider myself addicted. still don't like Sinnoh though.
>>
>>33140044
judging by pokemon go i'd say about one week
>>
>>33141206
Well as long as you give the Sinnoh remakes a fair chance as their own games instead of autistically screeching "they're shit because [insert region] can't be good because I say so" like a lot of people here tend to do.
>>
>>33141323
Oh, of course. I don't like any of the Sinnoh games I played, but any future Sinnoh games will be an entirely new ball game. I'm sure regional forms and the lack of HM's, assuming they carry over into gen 8, will probably singlehandedly make it at least somewhat enjoyable.
>>
>>33140044
gen 7 was a mistake.
it turned off everybody and their dog/cat.
>>
>>33141485
Pokemon Switch better good ass trailer to get people interested again
>>
>>33142039
Here's hoping it's Colosseum with 10x the edge
>>
>>33142050
Honestly, I'd kill for an Orre game.

One more to finally defeat Cipher, I guess.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.