[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With the June 30, 2017 update, Sun/Moon has surpassed Mario

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 3DS.png (146KB, 400x650px) Image search: [Google]
3DS.png
146KB, 400x650px
With the June 30, 2017 update, Sun/Moon has surpassed Mario Kart 7 (released in 2011) to be the 3DS's second best-selling game of all time.

Will it be able to overtake X/Y?

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/3ds.html
>>
How often do these get updated, and what did the sales look like in the previous update?
>>
File: 1497551394650.png (415KB, 1255x1057px) Image search: [Google]
1497551394650.png
415KB, 1255x1057px
>worst generations in the series have sold the most copies
>>
>>33133804
All because of Pokemon Go. Cancer promoting cancer.
>>
>>33132857
With USUM releasing in 3 months? Forget it.
>>
>>33133818
I think it could easily close the gap given 2 more years, just like XY had.
>>
>>33133804
Those are literally all pokemon 3ds games though.

>>33133816
>go
>mattering to main games
>>
>>33133804
I know right? Still blows my mind how much RBY sold.
>>
>>33133009
>How often do these get updated

Each quarter (i.e., three months).

Next update will be 'as of September 30.'
>>
With the announcement of ultra sun and moon.

Why would anyone buy it?
>>
>>33133816
>PGO
>which did not exist at XY release
You're deliberately retarded.
>>
>>33133804
Could it be? Could *we* be the ones with bad taste?
>>
>>33133946
the original will cost less once USUM hits the shelf
parents can buy 2DS + Moon / Sun for 80 dollars during Christmas, that will be enough
>>
>>33134157
Nah, Sun and Moon are objectively bad games.
>>
>>33133946
normies and casuals who don't know about USUM would buy it.

>>33134157
>http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon
>RGB 31.38
>GS 23.1
>DP 17.67

>Platinum 7.6
>Crystal 6.39
>Emerald 6.32

No, clearly casuals are retarded.
>>
>>33134166
>>33134180
Yes, yes you're both right. We're not crazy, THEY are the crazy ones. We're the only ones who are really sane.
>>
>>33132857
SM was already higher tha Mario Kart in March update

Also ORAS is the best selling remake
>>
>>33134190
Super Mario run had no where near the impact Pokemon go had on the 3ds gamex
>>
>>33133946
Because they're still different games?
>>
>>33132857
Note that SM has been out less time than XY and in that less time it almost defeated it.
>>
>>33134201
Note that SM had PokemonGO and the annivesary promo on every corner and after the initial sales people thought it will outself XY by January or February. It didnt happen because the sales post Xmas slowed down like craazy
>>
>>33134223

One has a three-year head start.

Sun/Moon as of March 2017: 15.44
X/Y: 16.11

Sun/Moon went up 0.23, while X/Y went up only 0.04.

Sun/Moon will likely be the 3DS's best selling game of all time when it's all said and done and the hardware is dead.
>>
>>33134246
So? Whats your point?

Because my point is that SM was speculated to be the second best selling game post RB. But as of right now it looks like its not happening, specially with USUM anouncement
>>
>>33134260
How is that possible. Sun and moon released on the lowest selling handheld for Nintendo.
>>
>>33134193
So SMR had actual impact?
>>
>>33134157
No. There are a couple types of people who buy Pokémon:

Most obviously are kids. Pokémon is a perennial brand that has always appealed to kids all over the world. However it can be assumed that most kids will only play one or two generations before moving on. They will buy the games no matter what and are the biggest reason Pokémon has consistently outsold every other handheld game.

Then there are the Nintendo/Pokémon fans, usually 18 or older. These are paradoxically the most discerning of all the customers, but have played every game in the series and will continue to buy every game pretty much regardless of quality.

Even though some fans finally get enough of this shit and quit, a small portion of the kids will either continue playing the games or rediscover them in high school, thereby replacing any disillusioned fanboys.

Finally you have the most fickle and unpredictable customers, the normies. Normies are usually the kids that quit Pokémon after one or two games, either out of perceived maturity or just being bored of the game. But they typically also like following social trends. If the current trend happens to buy Pokémon, they will buy it. They may not play very much, but they are getting it mostly for the social zeitgeist. These people can be anywhere from 14 to 44, but won't buy the games in any predictable manner.

So all the types of players of Pokémon tend to buy the games regardless of quality. Nobody buys the new Pokémon because they heard it was good, they buy it because it's the new Pokémon.

Even if we get to the point where the games are so bad that even dedicated fans start leaving, they will be replaced with younger ones faster than they can diminish.

This is why Pokémon is the perfect franchise: it's cheap and easy to make, kids love it, parents love it, it trades heavily on nostalgia so it's easy to regain lapsed players, and it sells enough merchandise every year to fill a small country.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.