[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

XY are seen as bad games on this board and they're definitelly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: pokemon.jpg (116KB, 640x452px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon.jpg
116KB, 640x452px
XY are seen as bad games on this board and they're definitelly unpolished and unfinished (mainly because they never got an update)

Yet for whatever reason i've played them like 8 times already with different teams and i had fun each time. I enjoyed playing through these as much as some of the best old ones (like Emerald, FRLG, Pt, BW and BW2 etc). The small post game still kept me going for hours because of Friend Safari, Chateau and overall good opportunities to train my mons

SM is seen as a good game (not by all but by majority) on this board and it surely is more polsihed and fleshed out than XY.

Yet i've played through it once (enjoyed it rather fine) but when i had other 2 attempts as replaying it i dropped it very qucikly because it was boring. The post game also feels vey boring. I'll play USUM obviously but i dont wanna play SM again.

What makes a Pokemon game good?
>>
>>33132722
SM are not more polished than XY

It is missing the entire national dex for crying out loud
>>
>>33132730
SM's difficulty curve at least is better balanced than XY and ORAS.
>>
all of the common opinions on this board are just people following the existing memetic narrative in a desire to feel belonging
>>
>>33132742
No it isn't

They still give you the exp share super early, which breaks the difficulty curve instantly
>>
>>33132760
Even with EXP Share on, the scaled EXP means you pretty much have to try to be over-leveled. I only grinded to evolve Pokemon for the dex, and my main team was usually around the enemy trainer's levels. It was still easy, but not as much as Gen VI. And no game Pokemon game has even not been easy.
>>
>>33132722
I agree my man. I'm currently playing through x once more and I really enjoy this game. It, along with leaf green and platinum, are the ones I replay the most. Between friend safari, chateau, mason, and the lumiose cafes, I can keep playing long after the main game. I also really like kalos as a region, and the looker post game with Emma is really fun as well. I'm also realizing just how much better the pss was than the festival plaza.
>>
>>33132722
XY aren't bad, they're just worse than all the other core series games.
>>
>>33132742
sorry but what? they're both awful. at least XY has a huge dex so you have more guys to switch between though. or at least, thats how i've had to play the past few games: make a team, every 3 or so gyms (or like every island or two in SM) swap out pretty much my whole team for new guys because my old team is so wildly overleveled.
>>
>>33132837
this is the proper answer
if you ignore Pokémon history and just compare XY with other monster/troop collection games you'll find it's one of the best
>>
>>33132837
I disagree. XY's problem was no third version/sequel and thats why it cant be at the level of those ganes. However in comparison to other main versions it is one of the better ones.
>>
>>33132743
the only people who say this just have unpopular opinions and want to reconsile with that so they say the board is contrarian

>>33132722
I disliked XY the most out of any pokemon game, and liked SM (a bit) but I'd rather play XY again because in the end, the others are right. XY really is the more polished one. Easier to get into online, main game, more features, better clothes. I hate that SM is giving XY something to be better than in so many ways because again, I thought they were shit.

>>33132837
I'd honestly call XY bad. But there's definitely value in it for some people dependong on how you play
>>
>>33132722
>SM is seen as a good game (not by all but by majority) on this board and it surely is more polsihed and fleshed out than XY.

See anon, This is the only place where i can safely say something bad about SM w/out being shouted by blind fanboys, SM here is hated and by no means is more polished than XY, For the everloving love of fuck we can't have more than 3 Pokemon on scene w/out the game going to a near crash, not to count the non-existent postgame. atleast on XY you have restaurants, Super training, chateau, hordes to train your Pokemon what do you have on SM? I can't even bring myself to train a full team on this games because is hideous the EV training became a hideous mess (when I could take a Horde with one simple attack and stack up to 50 EV points at once became a fucking resistance test with the horrible SOS system) and not to mention the horrible encounter rate for the new mons, Atlest Kalos mons where here an there, in SM Alola mons are rare, and not to mention the inexistent challenge during the playthrough (who the fuck justifies that most of the trainers only has 1 Pokemon?)

XY won't be great games ( I don't agree but let's say that I agree) but I can fucking sure you they are better than SM.
>>
>>33132722
>"and i had fun each time" [sic]
There's your problem, you assumed /vp/ cares about fun
>>
>>33133497
You can safely say something in SM is shit on Gamefaqs and some parts of Facebook too, but that's probably it
>>
>>33132722
>Yet for whatever reason i've played them like 8 times already with different teams and i had fun each time.
I was already tired of XY by the time I got to the end of my first playthrough, and I gave up halfway through my second because the game was going from just dull to mind-numbingly boring.
>>
>>33132722
XY has the biggest regional dex if I'm not mistaken, and it has a lot of random crap you can do in it.
SM is awful. They're both awful. Super linear, small, shitty story and characters that I find impossible to care about, thats both of them. But then added to that, SM has way, way too many cut scenes, way too many parts of the game where its a cut scene, you walk 5 steps, and yep, its another cut scene. You get healed every battle, theres a tiny dex (300 vs 450! thats crazy! 800 pokemon, and they took 150 AWAY from the last game! in a game thats all about pokemon diversity!). At the least XY has enough pokemon in it.
>>
>>33133683
>theres a tiny dex (300 vs 450! thats crazy! 800 pokemon, and they took 150 AWAY from the last game! in a game thats all about pokemon diversity!). At the least XY has enough pokemon in it
Also in XY you will encounter different Pokemon in each area through the entire game. In SM ist mostly the same stuff on all islands
>>
>>33132722
Fuck off.
>>
>>33133694
XY and SM pokemon are the same ones as i found 15 years ago, so they're equally boring
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.