[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that Gen 7 is almost over and Switch games are on the way,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

File: pokemon_sun_and_moon.jpg (40KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_sun_and_moon.jpg
40KB, 550x366px
Now that Gen 7 is almost over and Switch games are on the way, what would you have done differently to make it good?
>>
>>33132644
Changed the starter evos
>>
Make it about your very own Pokemon adventure and not about Lillie's mommy issues.
>>
File: 1496759719425.gif (823KB, 268x300px) Image search: [Google]
1496759719425.gif
823KB, 268x300px
>>33132644
Don't know what you're talking about, OP. I had a blast with SM.
>>
>>33132644
Rewrite the stories here and there, make it so that people give a damn about the characters instead of forcing them to.
>>
>>33132644

Almost over? Not even a year into Gen7 yet.
>>
>>33132644
>judging a gen's quality when we barely know anything about the second pair of games
I guess gen 4 is the worst in the series thanks to DP
>inb4 contrarians
>>
>>33132670
Gen 8 is planned for next year
>>
>>33132681
[citation nowhere]
>>
>>33132644

Wait for USUM. Retarded.
>>
>>33132707
>>
>>33132672
It's more judging them by their own merit than anything. Like you've said, we barely know anything about USUM, so no use putting judgement on that.
Besides, if you ask people to judge DP solely by themselves (i.e. without taking into account Platinum), do you think they have anything good to say about it?
>>
>>33132723
>later
>no mention of gen 8
>>
>>33132731
It's obviously gen 8. There are no more gen 7 mythicals left,tcg is almost done with all gen 7, and ash is almost done with akala.
>>
>>33132738
It's going to be a core game but set in Region X where a FUCKHUEG amount of Pokemon live or whatever. It's not going to be Gen 8. Something like Colusseum and the Unmentionable one. BUT with core gameplay.

Game Freak isn't stupid.
A gorrillion people have a 3DS, and only a handful a Switch. Also, payed online for Pokemon is fucking horrible, and paying double to use Bank is more jewish than someone named Hesh Goldstein.
>>
Starters that aren't shit
No cutscenes
>>
>>33132749
It is going to be gen 8. What core game means according to gamefreak is the first set of games in a brand new gen. The switch already sold 5 million in 4 months.
>>
>>33132781
Not gonna be gen8
Use a few braincells
Not gonna happen
>>
>>33132786
Why are you so any over the fact that gen 8 is happening?
>>
>>33132789
Angry*
>>
>>33132644
dropped IVs

removed magikarp from 99% of all fishing spots

remove all raticates, gumshoos, and pellipers from the later half of the game

Lower the basic SOS rate when not using an adrenaline orb

Show the Tapu/UB fights

put the ultra beast sidequest immediatly after said fights, only returning to the island challenge afterward

Only put 1 of each ultrabeast at each location, with an interactable overworld sprite

Make Guzzlord not suck

Improve the ultrabeast sidequest. Show them more in the story like Nihilego. Have Gladion appear and use Type:Null for it's intended purpose. Make ultra space larger than a single corridor.

Have Guzma do a heel/face turn and help battle Lusamine after she goes mental.

Make the battle against her a proper boss fight instead of a glorified pokemon battle. Possibly a three on one with the player, Guzma, and Gladion.

have Horsemidget replace random golfer in the E4

Give a better, longer shot of Olivia's ass during her battle intro
>>
not shit starters
remove alola forms
ubs not catchable
new megas
>>
File: zq1BWfS.jpg (30KB, 560x314px) Image search: [Google]
zq1BWfS.jpg
30KB, 560x314px
>>33132999
>Give a better, longer shot of Olivia's ass during her battle intro
This man knows what he wants.
>>
redesign the region from scratch
>>
File: 1500510918465.png (36KB, 159x162px) Image search: [Google]
1500510918465.png
36KB, 159x162px
>>33132999
there is not one thing here I wouldn't mind being implemented into the game. good use of trips
>>
>>33132644
Who says gen7 is over buddy?
>>
>>33132644
More Alolan forms, few more new pokemon in general. That's about it. I thought Sun and Moon were very solid games
>>
>>33132644
>over
Just another year of USUM
>>
>>33133080
It isn't over but we have confirmation of Gen 8 close on the horizon.
>>
Can we, at least, wait for USUM to come out before discuting what to change about gen 7 as a whole ?
>>
>>33133636
We'll cross that bridge when we get there.
>>
>>33132999
>Give a better, longer shot of Olivia's ass during her battle intro
also a whitney cameo at paniola ranch would be nice.
>>
Make the UBs and Tapus actually matter in the story.

Have the legacy characters appear outside the tree for small maybe weekly events.

Level up the league after rematches so it doesn't take 20 years to get to lv 100 to Hyper Train.

Better clothes.

Include a National Dex.

Remove the Rotomdex and put something useful on the bottom screen.

Include surfing routes between the islands with Diving areas.

Let me fly with my own mons so I don't need to use the lizard that isn't even in Alola to get around.
>>
>scrap Pokeride in favor of key items (surfboard, diving gear, power bracelets, etc)
>seriously revamp trials and increase their difficulty
>make trial guides fight you similarly to gym trainers
>wild pokemon encountered in trials have the totem stat boost
>puzzle or minigame to summon the totem
>fight the trial captain after the totem
>optional water routes between all the islands with a diverse encounter table that isn't just wingull and tentacool
>revamp po town, make it not always raining there, give it a proper hideout theme and open up all the houses there so you can get a key to enter the manor
>turn aether paradise into a proper team hideout as well, with multiple rooms and all that junk
>ultra beast invasion turns out to be too much for tapus, start destroying shit, interpol gets involved
>zygarde shows up and helps fight them off
>>
>>33132644
Another year of dev time
>>
>>33132668
I also had a good time, but I think it's mainly because I went in almost completely blind. I think if I'd seen everything beforehand I wouldn't have enjoyed it anywhere near as much.
>>
>>33132644
>Now that Gen 7 is almost over and Switch games are on the way

switch games? you mean that "core" title that we don't know anything about? the game that was "announced" like it's just some PR move to hype the switch? the game for which the release date was just changed from 2018 to "2018 or later"?

Gen7 isn't even halfway done. We are getting follow-ups release this year, and possibly some Sinnoh cashgrab after that as the final 3ds game
>>
>>33133776
I agree. One of the highlights was not being spoiled at all about Wishywashy, which made its introduction hype as fuck.

My consistent complaint with the game is the lack of overworld puzzles. There's really nothing outside of very basic mazes until Vast Poni Canyon, which even then is just slightly less basic mazes and basic block puzzle. There really should've been a lot more obstacles to navigate and figure out.
>>
>>33132786

You really think they're doing 3 gens on the same hardware?
>>
>>33132749
wrong
>>
>>33133855

you really think there's some magical rule preventing them from doing so? if they wanted they could

but to answer your question, no. a new version of the 3ds however? or if there is no clear 3ds successor, there will probably at least be a portable sibling of the switch to replace it, and that's when gen8 starts being a thing.
>>
Pretty much just made Nova Sun but with less cutscenes and "story focus". Put a decent battle-frontier sort of post game in. Remove the utterly pointless Battle Royale format.
>>
>>33133871
Switch is the 3DS successor. They told their investers so long ago before lying to the public like they did about the DS not replacing the GBA or just last year about the Switch not replacing the Wii U too even thought it was said to be the replacement for both.

It is a handheld that can pretend to be a console. Stop being intentionally dense.
>>
>>33132644

>Actual effort into post-game content.
>No more fucking tropical sunny margaritaville beach regions.
>A few more regional variants with actually good designs, change the almost intentionally shitty looking ones like Dugtrio and Exeggutor and make them look like something that has some kind of appeal to anyone that isn't a so-wacky-and-goofy contrarian.

That's about it. Sun and Moon weren't completely terrible, but post-game has been lacking since Gen 6, the regional variants weren't all they could've been, and I am so fucking done with margaritaville beach paradise shit for one lifetime.
>>
>>33133976
>>33133989
>>33133994

>edited the post TWICE and still says "investers"
>>
File: 1500182376303.png (391KB, 560x650px) Image search: [Google]
1500182376303.png
391KB, 560x650px
>>33132644
Mostly, change how the story is presented. I never had problem with the story, other than the game info dumps you like there is no tomorrow. (Show, don't tell GF). Essentially, changing how long are the cutscenes and how often.

I would have loved that the game didn't hand hold you so much, because it gets really annoying, specially in a second playthrough.

Add Exp farms for the end game, and making the Battle Tree a bit more unique other than "Is just Battle Maison with old characters"
>>
>>33133994
They're completely retarded in that case. But hey, you never argued that they were smart.

If they were smart, gen 8 would be on the 3DS or a New 3DS exclusive and they'd not try to paint the Switch as a handheld in a pitiful attempt to drum up sales. Thing is about as handheld as the Virtual Boy.
>>
>>33133819
It was always 2018 or later. 2018 means that it's planned for 2018
>>
>>33134154
But gamefreak themselfs said that the 3ds limits what they can do. The 3ds has terrible hardware.
>>
>>33135453
And the New 3DS is significantly more powerful. If they're making games that work on the old 3DS as well, they can't tap into the extra power too much.
>>
>>33132749
It's funny how people don't realize how many people buy handhelds specifically to play Pokemon.
>>
>>33137280
Yeah, handhelds. The Switch is a console.
>>
>>33137285
you can also hold and play it in the palm of your hand.
>>
>>33134154
>new 3ds exclusive
By the end of the year there will be more Switch owners than new 3ds owners.
>>
>>33137269
SM even lags on n3ds in some parts
T.n3ds owner
>>
So much went wrong

It's gameplay design that's not corrrctable. You know what I mean.
>>
>>33132644
>Implying gen 7 is almost over
>Implying switch games are on the way
>Implying gen 7 wasn't good
Go back to reddlt
>>
>>33132644
>remove customization
>remove alola forms or give them a purpose
>include gyms in some way
>more pokemon
>new megas
>less cutscenes
>change the starters
>>
>>33138225
Gen 7 isn't good
>>
>>33138187
That's what they were trying to say. Being compatible with both meant sacrificing some of the New 3DS's power.
That being said, as an Old 3DS owner, I'd much rather them make it N3DS if it would allow them to make the game 100% more playable. The frame drops are suffering and a lot of the game is literally not fun because of it.
>>
>>33138187
>>33138458
That's why some people wanted stars just porting it. Increasing power to stop lag would make it somewhat playable
>>
>>33132644
2 shitty gens in a row. 3rd times a charm right? The switch games will be amazing
>>
>>33138458
It's better that the gen 8 games are on the switch. Better gameplay features and visuals
>>
>>33132723
>or later
can you not read
>>
>>33132749
Are you in this much denial? They're stopping production of the 3's/2ds in Japan. First party development for the 3/2ds ends this year...
>>
>>33138515
The fact they mention 2018 means it's planned for 2018
>>
>>33138479
Id rather have a new gen than a port
>>
If someone says 2018 or later. The target is 2018. If it isn't reached then can move it without saying its delayed because they never said s specfic date.

They could have easily said TBA
>>
>>33138479
It's really shitty cause I enjoy the games for what they are, but when your battles hang because the system is trying to keep up and when they were forced to replace/remove features because it would be too much for the hardware, you can't really say it hasn't tainted what could've been a cool generation.
>>
Keep PSS, remove rotom dex, and reduce the number of cutscenes.
>>
File: IMG_0473.gif (888KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0473.gif
888KB, 500x377px
>>33133825
Highlights for me were during the UB hunt. I was NOT prepared for Xurkitree. Laughed my ass off.
>>
>>33138536
no it doesn't it's you switchfags grasping at straws. It's not certain Gen 8 will begin in 2018, but if it does bravo for you. But don't make assumptions
>>
>>33138589
Why
Are
You
So
Triggered
?
>>
>>33138589
If it's for planned for 2018 but they release Nintendo that's or later

Either way. 3DS is dead and no new handheld coming
>>
>>33138580
>Keep PSS
Not happening. PSS took up bandwidth needlessly because people just left it on without using it. They can improve Festival Plaza but they're definitely using an online hub design from now on.
>>
>>33138701
Festival plaza is like shitter version of splatoon hub.

Maybe on a console they can do it properly
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.