[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will gen 8 make grass starters great again? >Bulbasaur line:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Will gen 8 make grass starters great again?
>Bulbasaur line: The main aspect of its design is the bud on it's back which grows into a big ass flower in its final stage. Every evolution in this line is a stage in the growth of that flower.
>Chikorita line: It's main characteristic are the seeds on its neck which evolve into buds and eventually into flowers, as well as the leaf on its head which eventually becomes a couple of stamen when the buds become flowers. Meganium's head and neck also represents the carpel of the flower on its neck.
>Treecko line: A leaf tailed gecko with actual leafs as a tail that eventually grow to a full blown bush when it becomes a sceptile. It also grows leaves on other parts of its body as a Grovyle and Sceptile which resemble the feathers of early dinosaurs, which fits with the raptor design it has in its later evolutions.
>Turtwig line: Inspired by the myth of the turtle that carries the world. The twig on its head becomes a bush and eventually a tree, growing alongside the pokemon with every evolution. The tree is an important part of the lore of this pokemon as it defines its behavior.
>Snivy line: Just green snakes with leafs stuck to it.
>Chespin line: A green and brown pikaclone that evolves into a green and brown circle that evolves into a brown mess of a design. We wouldn't even know it's supposed to be based on a chestnut if not for its name and grass typing.
>Rowlet line: Literally just an owl with leaves shoehorned in its design. And those leaves can easily pass for being green feathers, so if not for its grass typing we wouldn't even know they are leaves.
Ever since gen 5 we've gone from grass type starters to "random green/brown animal with leaves stuck to its design" type. The grass part of the starter simply doesn't appear to be important in the design anymore, it's just shoehorned there because of tradition, and usually it's done badly.
>>
>wouldn't even know it's supposed to be based on a chestnut

Maybe if you're a casual. I bet you're one of the people who think the Shiny coloration of Chesnaught should be the default, when that actually takes away from its connection to actual chestnuts.
>>
>>33130554
>Snivy loses feet
>Chespin's armor grows
>Rowlet's wings grow
Grass starters are literally evolving
>>
>>33130554
Make research first.

>Chesnaught, despite always being referred to as a Hedgehog, is in fact a Glyptodon, a group of Armadillos the size of cars that were hunted to extinction by early man. Chesnaught's hairy underside and shell like armour is very similar to the Glyptodonts own.
>Rowlet line is a refference to a Hawaiian Stilt Owl, an extincted specie. That's why after evolving further it turns into a Ghost type.

If you want a good grass starter - this is the one to go for.
>>
>>33130720
This has literally nothing to do with what OP said.
>>
>>33130720
>Glyptodon
I know they're very similar, but I always saw it more as a Doedicurus
>>
>>33130554
>>Chespin line: A green and brown pikaclone that evolves into a green and brown circle that evolves into a brown mess of a design. We wouldn't even know it's supposed to be based on a chestnut if not for its name and grass typing.
t. retard who knows nothing about chestnuts

Chesnaught is a better design than Meganium by an order of magnitude.
>>
>>33130720
Op is talking about grass mons as a concept, anon. Also Decidueye as a design does not convey its ghost typing well at all. I don't think it being based off an extinct animal is the reason for the typing either. Not just because all other pokemon based off extinct animals aren't ghost type, but also because owls in Hawaiian culture are seen as spirits iirc.
>>
>>33130554

Your very wrong about the last 3 gens. They all follow the leaf bloom pattern. Snivys arms become more leaf like and its tail starts to vine out in its evolutions. Chespins seed starts off small and then takes over it body on its final evolution it sprouts from it and it becomes the pokemons armored shell. Lastly Rowlets leaf bowtie slowly becomes a leaf hood.

All three stick to their main characteristics and slowly progress them.
>>
>>33130780

http://hawaiianmenehunes.blogspot.com/2014/02/pueo-hawaiian-owl-aumakua-of-divine.html

Hawaiians consider owls connected with the spirit world. Masuda did his research fool. Thats why we have guardian spirits and all that.
>>
>>33130932
Did you even read my post?
>>
File: 1480947855860.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1480947855860.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
All I know is that Grass is next in line for the "Cute Girly" Design if Gen 8 keeps up the Cool Dude for Boys/Cute Girl (Male) for Girls/Edgy Fuckwit for Older Players cycle.
>>
>>33130952

Shit meant to respond to the guy you responded too.
>>
>>33130932
That's not what he's talking about at all
>>
>>33130554
Is every cute mammal Pokemon with beady eyes a Pikaclone?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.