[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Emerald is the worst selling Pokemon Game Is Emerald

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

>Emerald is the worst selling Pokemon Game
Is Emerald really that bad?
>>
>>33129832
No, Emerald is great, but Ruby and Sapphire were kinda garbage, so not many people had faith or interest in Emerald.
>>
No the reasoning because for some gamefreak released 2 mainline games. 8 months apart in same year

FRLG and emerald 2004.

Also explains why frlg is worst selling remakes
>>
>>33129832
Third versions sell less because the consumer base is more satisfied with having the first and is poised to not expend tens of more dollars in order to play the same game with bells and whistles.
>>
>>33129832
With the combination of people leaving Pokémon after Gen 2, and Emerald being a second version, Emerald would obviously sell the worst. Doesn't mean it was bad.
>>
>>33129839
>>33129832
That's not the reason. The game came out in 2005, but the DS already came out in 2004. People were ready to move on from GBA and this was a late entry.
>>
No it isn't.
>>
Emerald is the best game in the series
>>
>>33129832
Crystal was the worst selling game though.
>>
>>33129854
lol no it isn't
>>
>>33129854
You're forgetting the entirety of the fourth generation, excluding diamond and pearl, in concoction with Black and White versions 2.
>>
>>33129859
No Crystal had 6.39 million
Emerald had 6.32 million
>>
>>33129877
Well how about that, I always heard it on here and never bothered to check. Goes to show to never listen to /vp/
>>
>>33129854
When it comes to best game, it's a headbutt between Emerald and HGSS, maybe throw in Platinum in there as well. BW2 are a meme this board likes to push. Yeah Gen 5 doesn't get as much hate anymore, but there are still many that see it as the black sheep of the series.
>>
>>33129851
Don't forget that Platinum only sold an additional million units despite being released on a system that had 70 more million units than the GBA in circulation.

This isn't surprising though, third versions always sell less.
>>
>>33129877
Source on numbers? Only place I find that number for Crystal (or any number for Crystal) is VGChartz, and they say Emerald sold more.
>>
>>33129919
http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon
>>
>>33129903
>When it comes to best game, it's a headbutt between Emerald and HGSS, maybe throw in Platinum in there as well

But HGSS and Platinum would be competing for the title of worst game of all time, except that DP exists. Trash engine with trash regions and dumbed down postgame. They're not in the same league as Emerald or even ORAS, they're far far below.
>>
>>33129867
>>33129875
>>33129903
>>33129937

Alright friends, it seems you need to be educated.

>part of the gen with possibly the overall best pokemon designs
>Good rival, third next to Blue and Silver
>legendaries that require actual effort to find and catch
>fight both teams from r/s, and actually be able to catch both legendaries
>fug
>battle frontier
>introduced non-scripted double battles
>rebattle gym leaders
>improved hatching mechanics with magma armor and flame body increasing hatching speed and everstone
>Wally
>god-tier starters
>fire/fighting starter before it was a meme
>fixed the gym leaders of r/s
>can rebattle Steven
>reintroduced animated pokemon sprites and made them standard for the series from that point on

Give me one (1) fucking reason why Emerald isn't the crown jewel of the series.

>muh water meme
Surf is a good move in its own right, and if you don't carry a water pokémon with you at all times you are a degenerate.
>muh trumpets
Valid, but subjective and not too big a deal. No game is perfect.

Also, Kalosfags have no place in this thread. You're a lost cause. There's still hope for the rest of you guys. Stop getting caught up in nostalgia for whatever game you grew up with and realise none of them have as few flaws as this one.
>>
>>33129955
>Good rival, third next to Blue and Silver
Nope

>fight both teams from r/s
Meaningless

>fug
Completely meaningless

>battle frontier
who cares

RS had them too

>improved hatching mechanics with magma armor and flame body increasing hatching speed and everstone
>Wally
>god-tier starters
We get it, you never played RS

>Give me one (1) fucking reason why Emerald isn't the crown jewel of the series.
ORAS is better.
>>
File: IMG_0020.png (47KB, 230x208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0020.png
47KB, 230x208px
>>33129903
>>33129937
>>33129955
Stop causing gen wars.
>>
File: 1476771728893.jpg (24KB, 960x737px) Image search: [Google]
1476771728893.jpg
24KB, 960x737px
>>33129972
At least try hiding the fact that you're baiting.
>>
>>33129992
You're talking out of your ass, and you just so happen to be full of shit. Stop attributing shit to Emerald that RS did earlier, for starters, and don't act like Rayquaza is something exquisite when he's exactly the same as in RS.
>>
>>33129986
Just trying to convince op that Emerald was not bad at all, infact it's just the opposite of what he thinks.
>>
>>33129955
>fug
stop reading there. Your whole argument was invalid by a stupid meme.
>>
>>33129839
Literally the reason I didn't want emerald as a kid
>>
>>33129972
I got almost all the way through your post and read through it, and was ready to make some counterpoints, but when you said ORAS is better, I realized I shouldn't try to explain it to the mentally challenged.
>>
>>33129854
If they'd made Delta Emerald instead of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire then that would have been the best game in the series.
>>
>>33130031
I agree 100%. Sadly Gamefreak is retarded.
>>
>>33129832
>>Emerald is the worst selling Pokemon Game
You do know this has been proved wrong time and time again, right?
People never take into account things like the fact the DS games where in a system that sold more than double than the GBA.
>>
>>33130025
We get it, you're autistic and can't handle the game not having your preferred kind of battle facility. Why don't you go back to playing Emerald with the 10 people who think like you instead of bitching about how bad the best-selling remake is?
>>
>>33130061
ORAS also gimps NPC teams anon
>>
File: 1500626911000.png (122KB, 254x287px) Image search: [Google]
1500626911000.png
122KB, 254x287px
>playing pokemon emerald
>doing a solo type grass run
>need to find a seedot
>get that sweet grass/dark shiftry
>1% encounter rate
>I've found two male Ralts and one seedot.
>my Treecko crits it to death in one hit
Mfw.
>>
>>33130061
I never said ORAS was bad, my friend. I just believe it's nowhere near as good as Emerald.
>>
>>33130074
And it also strengthens a number of them, now doesn't it?

>>33130093
You know what, motherfucker? Fair enough, I jumped the gun, my apologies
>>
>>33130112
Hey it's no problem. We all have different opinions, and that's why this board is so dynamic.
>>
>>33130048
Bit less than double, actually. The games still sold more but the attach rate was comparatively dogshit. Not like it matters.
>my game that sold millions is better than your game that sold millions
>yeah but mine sold millions more!!!
>>
>>33130112
Yes, the mimic bug catchers are weaker in Emerald iirc, though I believe that's the only case where things are harder. There might be more in some other areas though, I haven't checked everything in a while.
>>
>>33130160
Oh, don't get me wrong. I hate when people use the "popular = good" fallacy.
I'm just saying it has been known for years but people still think it's the worst selling game, which is wrong. Although the series did take a dip in popularity, but that's to blame on the age of the players around that time mostly.
>>
>>33130031
What they should have done is made Delta Emerald and Z, released both at the same time and had them make up the second pair of Gen 6 games. They could also make a few tweaks to Emerald so you fight Courtney as well as Matt, with Courtney's non-existence being one of Emerald's few objective failings.
>>
File: wallace.png (164KB, 1550x530px) Image search: [Google]
wallace.png
164KB, 1550x530px
>>33130180
A lot of teams from RS are made better in ORAS.

Granted, the Emerald Wallace team was weakened a bit, but it has better moves as well.
>>
File: 2be.png (295KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
2be.png
295KB, 2000x2000px
>>33129937
>>
>>33130218
Not that it matters because Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre both wreck his shit with 0 difficulty.
>>
File: consider the following.png (694KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.png
694KB, 720x720px
>>33129927
>RGB 31.38
>GS 23.1
>DP 17.67

>Platinum 7.6
>Crystal 6.39
>Emerald 6.32

How can people think sales reflect how good a game is when this list contradicts itself.
>>
>>33130318
new games > ripoff physIcal DLC games released years later
>>
>>33130218
Is the left RS or Emerald?
>>
>>33129955
>part of the gen with possibly the overall best pokemon designs
Totally subjective.

>>Good rival, third next to Blue and Silver
Agreed, but Hugh is way better when may

>legendaries that require actual effort to find and catch
Oh pls, it was just more of a hassle for shit like the regis.

>fight both teams from r/s, and actually be able to catch both legendaries
pointless

>fug
bad meme

>battle frontier
Which pales in comparison to gen 4s, and the Battle Train, Battle center, white forrest, black city, and PWT(literally the best post game error ever)
nonscripted??

>rebattle gym leaders
gen 5 took this to a whole other level and actually made them challenging.

Hatching only got better with each gen, compared to every gen after this is nothing.

>Wally
Literally who in 3rd gen, they fixed him in 6 gen.

>god-tier starters
Average at best.

literally pointless, you can get every starter in every game.

>fixed the gym leaders of r/s
So did every other 3rd game.

>can rebattle Steven
Again, a poor mans PWT steven.

>reintroduced animated pokemon sprites and made them standard for the series from that point on
Which was pointless because they weren't continuously animated like in gen 5.

A lot of your points are that it introduce new things, well no shit. Every gen something new is introduced, everything in gen 3 has been made better in future gens.
>>
>>33130400
RS.
>>
reminder that battle frontier is not a good nor rewarding feature in the game. Adding BF in the next core games or remakes is not a measure of how good/great the game is(see ORAS)
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.