[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gen 4 ran slow and sluggish on DS >Gen 5 ran fast and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 0b4.gif (1010KB, 500x320px) Image search: [Google]
0b4.gif
1010KB, 500x320px
>Gen 4 ran slow and sluggish on DS
>Gen 5 ran fast and smooth on DS
>Gen 6 ran fairly fast and fairly smooth on 3DS
>Gen 7 runs slow and sluggish on 3DS

What went wrong?
>>
3DS and 3D
>>
>>33128088
The New 3DS exists and it runs just fine there.
>>
>Gen 6
>Fast and Smooth
>>
>>33128088
>Gen 5 ran fast and smooth on DS
Pretty sure i remember having framerate stuttering during shit like triple battle, and even sometime double. Some light shit, but still wasn't smooth as fuck
>>
In what universe is SM slow and sluggish? Only thing noticeably slower compared to gen 6 is the box UI. Hopefully USM fixes that.
>>
>>33128102
Compared to Gen 7 it is
>>
>>33128088

Creatures Inc didn't optimize the models for the 3DS, they're too high-poly and detailed.
>>
>>33128088
>fast and smooth
and it only took them 4 years to do it. The power of science is staggering!
>>
I have the new 3ds I really didn't notice it
>>
>>33128102
The actual inputs in Gen VI are the best feeling in the series, despite the performance issues in battle. I have no idea how they fucked it up in SM, where every action in the menus and overworld movement feels like you're moving in molasses. Just move Pokemon in your party around on the touch screen in XY or ORAS then do the same in SM. It's clear as night and day.

>>33128100
N3DS alleviates the framerate stutters on the overworld and slightly does so in certain battle circumstances, but it does nothing to help the sluggish inputs. Menus also run at a lower framerate than they did in Gen VI regardless of hardware.
>>
>>33128102
This desu
If you think different you're a delusional agoligist
>>
>>33128148
I have a N3DS and almost 700 hours playtime, the only time I noticed some actually annoying fps drops was during some totem Pokémon fights back in the first days. Boxes are a bit slower than gen 6 but you get used easily. Double batles run perfectly.
>>
>>33128176
I have one, and played through the game on both a N3DS and a O3DS, and on a N3DS framerate drops are still very noticeable in doubles and sometimes even occur still in singles. But some people are just less perceptive to these things. That's why fluctuating sub-30fps had been accepted by the general public on consoles.
>>
>>33128088
Imagine if SM were n3DS exclusives.
>games are designed to take full advantage of the massively boosted CPU
>games can use all of its additional RAM, maybe even be the first games to use the n3DS's own extended memory mode
Nah they'd be about the same as what we have now
>>
>>33128100
Wrong, I hit below 20fps a lot in double battles on N3DS.
>>
>>33128092
>3D
it's not even utilized.

>>33128115
You've never played a double battle have you.
>>
>>33128088
Adding trainer models for every battle, effectively doubling the amount of models on screen. There's a reason only console entries did it before.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.