[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these hacks any good? The video trailer (https://www.you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: nsum OP.png (660KB, 1024x1035px) Image search: [Google]
nsum OP.png
660KB, 1024x1035px
Are these hacks any good? The video trailer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6vpz8i7nAY) has me hyped but is it bad like Neo XY?
>>
>>33126301
No, Neo XY is a special kind of bad.
That one is made by the same guy who made Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire, iirc.
>>
>>33126307
I haven't played those either. Neo XY was the only 3DS rom hack I tried to play. Also how does Nova/Umbra compare to Rising/Waning?
>>
>>33126307
RRSS are great, you just suck at playing Pokemon

Also @ OP
These games are quite challenging, as most notable trainers have full 6 IVd and EV trained Pokemon like Gym Leaders and E4 and even regular trainers

For example, in Rutile Ruby, Roxanne leads with a Sticky Web Shuckle and from Wattson onwards, they all have Megas

Give them a chance.
Tho, I'm still waiting for a CIA for USUM
>>
>>33126329
I meant CIA for *Nova Sun and Umbra Moon before I download and play it
>>
>>33126329
>waiting for a CIA for USUM
Probably won't pop up until early November if you mean Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon instead of some romhack i haven't heard of.
Also, the guy you replied to didn't imply RRSS were bad.
>>
>>33126330
Why? The "drag and drop" method looks easier and you don't need to uninstall the game updates to use it. I have Luma3DS anyway...
>>
>>33126330
>Freeshop to download Sun or Moon with updates
>Enable Game Patching
>Drop 200mb on your SD
>Easy updating and uninstalling plus you can play online and keep the game updates installed
Why use CIA?
>>
>>33126331
>early November
Not going to happen. Maybe a week before launch like Moon did.
>>
>>33126332
I'm an idiot. It's hard for me to follow text instructions since English is not my mother tongue, without a video guide and haven't found one yet on how to do it with Nova Sun/Umbra Moon
>>
>>33126329
Wait, what? I never said anything bad about RRSS in the post? Where the fuck did you get that from? I said Neo XY was terrible, then went on to say Nova Sun/Umbra Moon was made by the same creator as RRSS, so it likely isn't anywhere near as bad.
>>
>>33126352
You drag, and you drop. Are you using Luma3DS? If so, hold START when you boot up the system. This will open a menu. That menu has an option called "Enable Game Patching" and you want to enable that.
Then just drag the luma folder from the NS/UM zip onto your SD card and you're good to go. No CIA necessary.
>>
>>33126365
oh forgot one step, you need to either have a cartridge or CIA install of the game already, so pirate it with FreeShop.
>>
>>33126301
>3 hours to reach the next town
Nah, just do a nuzlocke
>>
>>33126365
Yes, but when I press Start before the power button, it goes into Godmode9.
So just gotta have a CIA file of either Sun or Moon? And drag the Kuma folder of it into root of my SD card?
So if I boot up the Sun CIA file it'll automatically be Nova Sun? And it's safe to update the game?
>>
>>33126381
Nuzlocke is boring. Which towns in NS/UM have a three hour gap between them? The only time I can think that would happen would be the Aether Paradise.
>>33126387
Sorry, i meant to say hold SELECT, not START. SELECT will bring up the Luma config menu instead of GM9. When you're in there, "Enable Game Patching" and then you can install ROMhacks just by dragging and dropping (Nova Sun or Umbra Moon are designed for this install method and you can just drag the luma folder to the root of the SD)
>>
>>33126392
Oh also since you probably want to play in a non-english language, run the included nonenglish.bat file before you copy the files. The only thing that does is copy the title movie so it shows up on your language.
>>
>>33126392
No, I mean
The battles between NPC takes way too long
>>
>>33126392
Ok it just worked
I didn't think it was this easy to do, thanks anon
>>
>>33126435
It's called drag and drop for a reason, friend.
>>
so wheres the pc version
>>
>>33126444
And that is the trips of truth lol

Btw, if we wanna change the build, can we just delete the current Luma folder in our 3DS and just drag and drop a different one? Or will we have to delete our save file for our SM copy?
>>
>>33126467
https://citra-emu.org/
>>
>>33126481
>if we wanna change the build, can we just delete the current Luma folder in our 3DS and just drag and drop a different one
Don't delete the entire Luma folder, it contains important stuff like godmode9 and your configuration. Delete the luma/titles/LONGTITLEIDNUMBER folder if you want to uninstall NSUM. If you just want to switch builds or update the ROMhack, just download and copy the luma folder again, overwriting the old files. It won't mess with your save.
>>
OP here, nobody has actually talked about if the game is good beyond "he made another hack that was pretty good"
>>
>>33126301
Silky smooth 5 fps, almost as smooth as zelda on switch, quite impressive.
>>
File: 1474986879312.png (84KB, 250x419px) Image search: [Google]
1474986879312.png
84KB, 250x419px
>>33126487
thanks again friend
>>
>>33126503
Game runs at a playable speed (sometimes dropping to about 80% speed) for me with outlines patched. Ryzen 1700X and GTX 960.
>>
>>33126482
rom?
>>
>>33126492
No, it's no good. Stronger npcs just means longer battles for no reason, it'll become boring. Random npcs should be a cake walk, except for a select few here and there like ace trainers or vets.

The frame-rate makes it unplayable.

And it doesn't actually fix the games major flaws, it's shit story in which you aren't even the main character. terrible 7th gen mons, slow as all fuck, and virtually no post game. No DexNav. No PWT.
>>
>>33126524
All the ones out there on 3dsiso are v1.0 of the romhack so they miss a lot of bug fixes and features (like SOS calls working for non-normal pokemon). Follow the instructions in the GBATemp thread if you want to run it on citra:
>Download the Pokémon Nova Sun Distribution Pack or Pokémon Umbra Moon Distribution Pack. Copy all of the files from the .7z to a folder on your PC.
>Download a decrypted .3ds file of the game, name it rom.3ds
>Place your decrypted .3ds or .cia file in the same folder as "setup.bat".
>Run "setup.bat".
>Enter Y to extract the decrypted ROM.
>Select which Encounter Build you would like to use. If you enter an invalid build or leave this blank, your wild encounters will be unmodified.
>Enter Y if you would like to randomize anything in your game. After randomizing, exit PK3DS. If you don't want to randomize, enter N. It is recommended that you use the Leveled or Expanded builds as a base for randomization of Wild Pokémon.
>Select which file format you would like to rebuild as.
>If you rebuilt as .3DS for Citra, open the .3DS file in a hex editor, search for hex values 01 01 80 E0 04 20 80 E5 1E FF 2F E1 and change to 01 01 80 E0 00 F0 20 E3 1E FF 2F E1. This will remove the outline effect.
>>
>>33126503
A question, how can that ultra SM hack on utube runs so smooth?
>>
>>33126531
>it's shit story in which you aren't even the main character
Much better than gen 4 or 5's.
>terrible 7th gen mons
Much better than gen 2 or 5s.
>slow as all fuck
Not slow at all, especially compared to gen 4's gameplay.
>and virtually no post game
More than Diamond and Pearl have.
>No DexNav
It's sad we lost the all time best feature, true.
>No PWT
Battle Tree is better than PWT, provides an actual challenge instead of just being nostalgia wank while still having a pleasant amount of nostalgia wank.
>>
>>33126531
>No, it's no good. Stronger npcs just means longer battles for no reason, it'll become boring. Random npcs should be a cake walk, except for a select few here and there like ace trainers or vets.

>i want the game to be easy therefore a challenge mode hack is bad
This makes no fucking sense desu
You'd actually prefer the game be like normal Sun and Moon with random huge difficulty spikes for boss fights and Ace Trainers? OP Don't listen to this guy, Nova and Umbra are well-balanced and they don't even give every trainer more Pokémon like this guy seems to think. There's plenty of 1-2 mon Trainers.
>>
>>33126539
Don't know which one you're talking about, but .3ds format runs smoother than .cci
>>
>>33126541
>Much better than gen 4 or 5's.
I needed that laugh today.

You can't really call this a story, just a series of cutscenes that prevent you from actually exploring.
Not that theres any exploration because the game is basically straight lines, but still.
>>
>>33126661
The fake SM trailer guy
>>
>>33126695
Those videos are edited to run faster
>>
>>33126695
do you mean the trailer in OP? if not, link?
>>
>>33126793
>Fake SM trailer guy
Can only mean this one

https://youtube.com/watch?v=O_evqEO5m-o

And the second one
https://youtube.com/watch?v=6iat-y9_udo
>>
>>33126301
>le6pokemon meme
it's bad
>>
File: pikman2.png (280KB, 408x318px) Image search: [Google]
pikman2.png
280KB, 408x318px
>>33126975
I wouldn't even call that a "fake"
>>33127012
>gym leaders should be pushovers with half the resources of the player
>>
>>33126541
>Better story and pokemon then gen 4 and 5
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAAH

It is slow as fuck, not only are the gen 7 mons slow as shit, but everything is. Terrible framerate, 15 seconds just to get into a fight, fuck off.

The post game is still non-existent, you must forget the phenominal battle frontier in gen 4.

>PWT is bad!
You're fucking joking.
Gen 5 had it's battle tree equivalent in the battle center, IN ADDITION to the battle train, IN ADDITION to PWT, IN ADDITION to White Tree, and Black tower.

Also PWT is way more fun then the battle maison/tree/center. You get to fight vip characters at their absolute best, fully maxed out teams, best AI, equal leveling. Fucking remixed themes for everyone. Opposed to the battle maison/tree/center, which are just random npc's, random bullshit mons, annoying as fuck.

They aren't harder then PWT, you just have to fight so many of them and the ai gears teams to counter you after a while. If PWT went on for 50 battles you'd lose a lot too.

And yes i beat the battle tree, but it wasn't nearly as fun or satisfying as beating all of my favorite characters in pwt.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.