[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alola has only 9 cities/towns and one of these is Tapu Village

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: alolamap.jpg (162KB, 770x562px) Image search: [Google]
alolamap.jpg
162KB, 770x562px
Alola has only 9 cities/towns and one of these is Tapu Village which is pretty empty so thats 8. On top of that both Po and Paniola have only one bulidng you are able to enter while other cities have majority of its building closed off aswell

Normally i would think they wanted to do a double region game but failed because the graphics were too much for GF and 3ds.
Hoenn has 15 cities
Sinnoh 16
Unova has 15 in BW, 19 in BW2
Kalos has 16
Kanto has 10 but ot also received Sevii islands in the post game in FRLG
Johto has 10 but it has Kanto in the post game

With SM being 3.2 GB out 4 GB 3ds cart i doubt we will see any more cities in Alola in USUM. Unless they'll jump to 8gb cartridges but thats unlikely because it would be a pain to download and its coming out just a year after SM so didnt have that much time of development.
>>
Or they can...yknow...reduce their polygons for the pokemon models and save a crapload of space and performance...also, every game has empty space in its size and they can still make something with it
>>
>>33126178
You're overthinking.
The whole idea of Alola is that's a tropical paradise that embraces nature. Hence no gyms and minimal amount of cities.
>>
>>33126178
Hawaii has almost no large human settlements anyway. Like half of the population lives in Honolulu.
>>
I don't get why people count Tapu Village as a town when it's clearly not. It's the old ruins of an abandoned town. No one lives there and the only standing building is the Pokemon Center. And the the Center being there isn't proof of anyone when there's one on half the routes in the game. Route 13 is more of a town than the Tapu Village is.
>>
>>33126445
Thats an excuse considering there are random motels, aether building and pokecenters all over region

They just struggles with the graphics

>>33126416
Judging by USUM trailer no chance for that
>>
>>33126178
Johto has 12, Safari Zone Gate and Frontier Access are towns. They're like Johto equivalents of Anville Town. And both surprisingly have more in them than at least two towns in Alola

>>33126445
This just sounds like an excuse made by fans
>>
>>33126488
This I agree with. If Tapu VIllage is a town we may as well count Ruins of Alph as one too, and that makes loads more sense
>>
>>33127933
>Safari Zone Gate and Frontier Access are towns

R E T A R D
>>
>>33127951
What is stopping Safari Zone Gate from being a town? Certainly not a lack of buildings or people.
>>
I hope we get atleast 2-3 towns
The problem isnt the number of towns Alola had, just that most of them are similar to each other
(Like Konikoni and Malie are both eastern themed, and Ancient Poni Path and Tapu Villiage are similar not-town towns)

Hopefully they give us something more now, like maybe one thats Italian style or one thats like Vegas style
>>
>>33126178
>Complaining about not being able to enter every single hose
So what you prefer? Enter them and have people tell you stuff like "Nicknaming Pokémon is really fun! I nicknamed my Spearow Speary! Creative isn't it?"
>>
>>33128013
Not much of an excuse, they had less towns, but rather than flesh them out more they are even emptier than usual.
>>
>>33128013
I guess less and less content in Pokemon games is better right?
>>
>>33128013
>>33128022
Also, yes I prefer that. When the only things in the world that exist are related to the story, the world stops feeling alive. I miss going into a house and hearing that a dad uses the lugia story to scare his kids into behaving
>>
>>33128034
Correct, that's why we idolize gen 5 here. Get with the program.
>>
Reminder 8GB 3DS cards are things and they can easily use those if they want like how BW2 used a 512MB DS card even though with all the blank space cut it barely breached 256MB.
>>
>>33128476
Sure but not with these graphics and this development time
>>
>>33126445
t. GF apologizer
>>
>>33128444
>Gen 5
>no content
What is this meme I haven't heard of before now?
>>
>>33126178
are there any 3ds games that use an 8 GB cart? I'm assuming Xenoblade does since it was originally on the wii
>>
>>33129090
Nope, even Xenoblade doesnt
>>
>>33126178
I noticed the small number before the game came out and was also expecting a double region game

>>33127951
>being this retarded

>>33128008
I just dont see the space for it on the map
>>
>>33128444
Funny guy
Most new Pokemon in a generation
Inb4 "muh rehashed ideas"
>>
nah, i guess it's the total opposite.
GF rushed the game bc 1 year without a maingame would make kids forget about the franchise so they sold us that beta game.

I hope USM is the real complete version
i hope... bc i don't knoe what to think now
>>
>>33131365
They can always just expand the space they have and grow it out of the islands uninhabited corners, they did it in Unova in BW2

it's even easier here because they can just add new Islands if they want, they can be "unofficial" islands like Exeggutor Island so that they dont have to add new Tapu mons

Hawaii has 8 islands and hundreds of smaller ones compared to Alola's 4 plus Aether
>>
game freak based sun/moon on the orange islands season in the anime
>>
>>33132023
Gen 7 was half-rush, half-filler because they wanted to meet a 20th Anniversary Celebration Deadline but the Switch wasn't out until March '17.
>>
>>33132043
Even if the Switch came out earlier, expecting a man game before 2018 was still ridiculous.

I used to feel XY was rushed but at this time I think GF just thinks this is okay for actual games, which is more depressing
>>
>>33132035
I dont think so, the map had a lot of inaccessible empty space between areas, but the map itself seemed pretty full location-wise. It's just that the locations were empty
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.