[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, word around the office is that you're something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: cd0xbkafckgkqs2bff8c.png (1MB, 1224x691px) Image search: [Google]
cd0xbkafckgkqs2bff8c.png
1MB, 1224x691px
Alright, word around the office is that you're something of an "Ideas Guy". Well, mister "ideas", you have 10 seconds to pitch me a core Gen 8 Pokemon game. Wow me.
>>
>>33125172
M rated game where you can fuck your Pokémon, sort of like amie. The more it "loves" you, the more bullshit asspulls you get
>>
>>33125172
no gimmicks
set in a Mexico-inspired region
starters are a grass cactus toad, a fire rattlesnake, and a water eagle
focus on fixing old mechanics (new moves, bst and ability changes, give out megas + z moves to things that need em)
>>
>>33125172
Completely open world region
Mexico. Exoctic. Aztec them with lots of colors
Gyms can be completed in any order and any wild Pokemon can be caught at any time, but it the difficulty is much higher without any prep, equipment, or trained Pokemon
All gym badges required to enter League
Story is seprate from becoming the champion, and instead soley focuses on the legendary Pokemon and evil team; which are wild west bandits. Game can be completed without doing any story quests, but its easier to train Pokemon through them for the kids.
Rabbit fire starter, grass iguana, and water salamander. Legendary mascot(s) has a heavy Aztec temple theme.

It'll probably end up being China, but thats my vision for a Mexico themed region
>>
>>33125172
>plops down my 800 mostly front and back pages of handwritten/drawn ideas for 3 separate regions spanning 12 games (1 of which is a Mystery Dungeon that has connections to the first 4 of the 1 main series in my ideas) and goes even further to describe in total almost 1,100 new Pokémon including types, stats, and, in the case of the first 4 images (most being literally new, as less than 150 are species related to past ones and less than 200 if you include ones I introduced and developed more later) though the 3 regions make use of just under 500 of them, about 200 moves, stories, maps, etc. and tells you as much of this as possible in those seconds.

If you aren't curious looking at the pile and my quick description, then fuck ya.

(Funny thing is though, even without my telling them, they have done many of the things in my ideas since as I wrote them in 2004/2005.

That includes some of the Pokémon being very much like mine, feature ideas, game names, and so on.)
>>
The professor of the region sets you up with a starter Pokemon, sends you on a quest to complete the quest and defeat 8 gyms throughout the region, and with stopping the plot of a villainous team along the way.

I know it's a little ambitious, but I think we can pull it off.
>>
Delta Species, like in the TCG.
>>
File: Jobs-Ashton-Kutcher.png (535KB, 939x591px) Image search: [Google]
Jobs-Ashton-Kutcher.png
535KB, 939x591px
>>33125187
I thought we fired you Verlis.

>>33125190
>and a water eagle
You had me up until this point. Don't make the same mistake again.

>>33125262
>Story is seprate from becoming the champion, and instead soley focuses on the legendary Pokemon and evil team; which are wild west bandits. Game can be completed without doing any story quests
Beautiful, well done.
Spent more than 10 seconds though. You're treading on thin ice, Jim

>>33125266
I didn't ask for your life story, Tom. Get the fuck out of my office.

>>33125301
Leave now.
>>
>>33125172
A solution to mega evolution that works on all Pokémon.
>>
>>33125172
China.
Knowledge vs Faith.
Pokemon Summer and Pokemon Winter.
Gyms are back but fix the level of all Pokemon like a battle facility.
Spirit Pokemon replace Totems and have an immunity to Normal.
Elite 4 are based on industry: Water, Steel, Electric, Grass.
Spirit Pokemon are said to come when the world is in danger, so evil team destroy environment to summon them to learn their secrets to gain control of the population. The team differs based on your version- in Summer, the team use scientific method to attain knowledge. In Winter, they have faith and go by prophetic scripture. Both teams come to the same conclusion and climax.
Inver is a main character who is used by both teams as it is believed his inverse power is a gift from the Spirit Pokemon. He is an orphan who is held captive and used to their advantage in battle.
>>
>>33125322
Is basically what alolan forms are, but nice idea. Still waiting for me steel/water type starmie.
>>
File: mexicanflag.jpg (346KB, 1024x999px) Image search: [Google]
mexicanflag.jpg
346KB, 1024x999px
>>33125325
>You had me up until this point. Don't make the same mistake again.
?
>>
>>33125330
This sounds more like a gimmick idea and not a main Pokemon game idea.

>>33125345
Pokemon Summer and Pokemon Winter
Acceptable names
>Elite 4 are based on industry: Water, Steel, Electric, Grass
Well done, I like it.
>Spirit Pokemon are said to come when the world is in danger, so evil team destroy environment to summon them to learn their secrets to gain control of the population. Inver is a main character who is used by both teams as it is believed his inverse power is a gift from the Spirit Pokemon. He is an orphan who is held captive and used to their advantage in battle.
What the fuck did I just read? Revise and give me something more coherent. Final warning.

>>33125392
Touche wise guy. Although a more aquatic animal is more appropriate for our next gen Pokemon game. Cactus as the water starter would've been acceptable as well. You're off the hook for now.
>>
Breath of the Wild, but pokemon. Game features wild pokemon in the overworld, in addition to random encounters. Exploration heavy, non-linear storyline with various gym-like encounters throughout the region, which increase in difficulty based on player progression. Connection to phone app allows capture of otherwise unobtainable pokemon based on GPS coordinates.

I agree that Mexico makes for a pretty strong setting. I would finally go for the fighting-rock-flying triangle. A pure flying quetzalcoatl that looks like a rattlesnake with feathered wings and a tornado for the rattle. A fighting chihuahua that ends up a fighting/ghost chupacabra. A rock type that is somewhere between an olmec head and a friggin soccer ball.
>>
>>33125262
>tfw open world BOTW inspired Pokemon never ever
>>
Have you ever played Dark Souls? Do that.

There is a direction the game pushes you in, but you can choose to do things out of order, and it won't hurt the overall game.

There are, of course, certain blocks. You have to wait til the end to challenge the e4, of course, and also you'll want to deal with the main villains.

But other than that, give the player freedom.

That's not to say that we should ignore story, though. Just make it more subtle, perhaps. Give Pokémon dex entries that explain some of the region's lore. Make key items have a history. Sure, add some exposition when talking to people, and make it so that when you investigate the walls of an old temple make some things obvious. This isn't going to go over a kid's head, but we also don't want to make it boring for someone over the age of 6, y'know?

Now, as for difficulty: I'm thinking if we keep gyms that the badges can be used to base the next gym leader's team on, or something. Give each gym leader enough teams to warrant how many different ways the player can challenge them. If you have to beat a specific first gym before progressing then obviously they'll only need one team, but you see what I mean.

I think we should keep Trials and Totem Pokémon, though maybe rename them. But they would be optional mid-game and available again powered-up in the post-game. These would also be an excellent way for the player to earn Z-Crystals or maybe even Mega Stones. And, they serve as optional extra bosses. Sounds pretty good right?

As for the dex, as long as it's above 80, has less than 9 legendaries, and has at least 5 new regional forms, megas, and exclusive Z-moves, I couldn't care less. Flesh out the mechanics instead of adding new gimmicks as an attention-grabber for one gen.

Also, remove SOS battles and bring back dark grass from BW and have that be how one obtains hidden abilities this gen.

Base it in a country that is somewhat less talked about Chile and Argentina, or Mexico, for example.

Done.
>>
DESIGN YOUR OWN POKEMON/ITEMS/MOVES/ABILITIES, ETC, IN MMO! BITCH, YOU KNOW IT WILL COME TO THIS!!!
>>
realtime pokemon battle system
>>
>>33125641
dark souls sucked balls. it played like garbage. they shouldnt look at it for game ideas at all.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.