[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/nzg/ - Nuzlocke General - [explodes internally] Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 310
Thread images: 91

File: [explodes internally].png (83KB, 264x238px) Image search: [Google]
[explodes internally].png
83KB, 264x238px
Last thread hit bump limit. (Also we need to update this post).

Previous thread: >>33076401

>>Nuzlocke Info
>http://pastebin.com/8b3rHGuX
>>Links to official games
>http://pastebin.com/WAC4ePwU
>>Romhack Links
>http://pastebin.com/GzWfs9Bz
>>Emulator info
>http://pastebin.com/eC8Kp5sx
>>Difficulty list
>http://pastebin.com/QeWVEgEc
>>Pokemon Nuzlocke images
>http://www.mediafire.com/?sxu318m9an5ulbm
>>Pokemon Bank Sprites
>http://www.mediafire.com/?ueadxvt1f52m0md
>Additional Templates
>http://www.mediafire.com/?vmfck3jdowgn472
>>
>shit has been happening
>e d g y

Sorry guys, I just haven't been in the mood. Rat returns another day?
>>
File: Part 11.png (269KB, 1318x832px) Image search: [Google]
Part 11.png
269KB, 1318x832px
>>33124319
MVPs:
Russet the Nidoking: I have always loved this line and felt extra validated with how much this fucker carried my team at points. His death hurt the most out of everyone except for maybe...
Winesap the Vaporeon: Vappy is basically the perfect Water type for Gen I - great stats, awesome stabs, good for TMs.
Red Prince the Tentacruel: Once I lost Vappy, Tentacruel was weirdly my saving grace. Another Pokémon that's amazing in Gen I.
Bismark the Hypno: I've always really wanted to use a Hypno but generally don't have a reason to or a good chance for it. Hypno is weird in that he's not quite as fast or specially equipped as Alakazam or others but his balanced stats make him pretty useful. I was able to beat the shit out of Gary's Zam because his Headbutt was not super sucky.
>>
welp, time to train a goldeen into a seaking and somehow beat the elite 4 with this
>>
>>33124399
I believe in you
gonna start a new game since it seems like I'm stuck in this one

which should I play between Fire Red Omega, Platinum, or Black/White? Keep in mind I've never played Gen 4 or Gen 5
>>
>>33124515
share my pain and do Platinum
>>
>>33124515
>>33124523
Can confirm from failed Plat Nuzlocke: Plat is basically a Nuzlocke hellscape.

(you should do it anyway)
>>
>>33124537
if you pick Turtwig it goes from "prepare for armageddon" to just "regular hellscape"

still hard though, it ramps up about halfway through
>>
File: save over.png (9KB, 475x943px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
9KB, 475x943px
>>33124523
>>33124537
Alright, hopping in
>see this
dare I even ask what I do about this?
>>
>>33124557
what's with the white bar between the top and bottom screen
>>
File: theta emerald_3.png (8KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
theta emerald_3.png
8KB, 240x160px
Just finished off Wattson
he was honestly kind of a pushover without the magneton. Although his rotom did come close to fucking my mawile's shit up
>>
>>33124573
That's what I mean, no idea why that's there or what to do with it
>>
>>33124557
The whitespace? You can change that in the settings if you have an emulator worth its salt.
>>
>>33124591
using DesMume so I hope so, would you know where that is in the settings or should I just scroll through?
>>
>>33124597
Somewhere near the bottom of the tab with the most options, iirc.
>>
File: save over.png (13KB, 1919x731px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
13KB, 1919x731px
>>33124597
Alright got them to display Horizontally without the white space and I sort of like this layout
>>
File: mc3.jpg (120KB, 974x546px) Image search: [Google]
mc3.jpg
120KB, 974x546px
Kind of getting the feeling this hack isn't meant to be nuzlocked but I'll keep going. Pretty much every trainer is untouched except Gym Leaders so you go from vanilla trainer with one mon to full team with complete coverage and endgame moves. At least Drayano hacks have relatively fair gyms. They're hard sure, but they're a lot better than "let's just put spore and megahorn on everything!". fuck bugsy fuck bugsy fuck bugsy

My one shining hope is Get Up. He had Defeatist instead of Truant as a Slakoth. Defeatist Slaking would be amazing.
>>
File: save over.png (36KB, 964x921px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
36KB, 964x921px
>>33124614
for my very first adventure in Gen 4 I'll let you guys pick my starter
Chimchar, Piplup, or Turtwig
Aesthetically and typing wise I like Torterra the most of the 3 finals but choose whoever
>>
>>33124660
Leaf turtle obviously
>>
>>33124660
Gonna have mercy on you and tell you to get Turt.
>>
>>33124669
>>33124665
Leaf Turtle it is, hype for Grass/Ground later
>>
>>33124670
is there a reason i still can't open the menu's to look at my pokemon and settings?
>>
>>33124826
Are you sure start is mapped to the right button?
>>
>>33124826
It should be mapped to the X button in Gen IV. Do note that Gen IV is the least stable gen to emulate.
>>
>>33124840
Huh interesting
>>33124836
I have it mapped to C with the way I play but I'll set the controls again just in case
>>
>>33124852
>it was on E
ok
>>
File: sadness.jpg (91KB, 940x705px) Image search: [Google]
sadness.jpg
91KB, 940x705px
23 fucked up papers later, I finally made a brand new template that will be posted once I get hardmode on here again.
Here we go. The restart.
>>
File: save over.png (30KB, 964x921px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
30KB, 964x921px
>>33124878
>punching out Starly's left and right
nervous about moving forward, I've never set foot in Sinnoh so it's strange here
>>
Would a team of low level 50 pokemon (highest is 52, Janus is at 49 and Rex the Seaking just evolved, i'll grind them more) be enough to take on Platinum's E4?
>>
>>33124991
Platinum's not too hard as long as you abuse how many stupidly strong Pokémon are readily available. Magnezone, Weavile, Mamoswine, Gyarados, Gengar. Tons of cool shit that's really easy to get a hold of. Heck, if you get lucky, you could even bump into a Scyther, throw Thief on it, and get yourself a Scizor in the first half of the game.

Throw honor out the window, and build Gen IV OU: The Team.
>>
>>33125128
Wait I can get Trade evos in basic Platinum without any trading?
>>
>>33125147
apparently so, either that or there's a secret to trading on emulators hidden deep within the 8th layer of the internet
>>
>>33125147
well no, I played on cart and traded with my other versions. I use a lot of harsh rules, so I think allowing trade evos is a fair compromise.
>>
File: save over.png (22KB, 964x921px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
22KB, 964x921px
>>33125155
I hope there's a way, even if not I used to use a Kadabra in my Fire Red Nuzlockes until hacks gave me level up evos
>>33125165
Well that's fair enough, I'm just emulating so unless there's some easy secret I'll just have to deal

team update, running around the first couple routes for the moment
>>
File: save over.png (37KB, 964x921px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
37KB, 964x921px
>>33125175
Okay so I got a full team, beat down my "rival" easily
caught myself an Abra, otherwise just grinding and working my way around
having a full team is comfy, taught Zubat Return as well
>>
File: leafgreennuzlocke1.png (385KB, 1238x889px) Image search: [Google]
leafgreennuzlocke1.png
385KB, 1238x889px
Having a surprisingly difficult time in my new Nuzlocke of Leaf Green

With the exception of Beedrill, all of my fatalaties have been at the hands of Blue's Charmander. And Ivysaur would have gone down to it too had Sleep Powder not hit. So after beating Surge, I have just one overleveled Ivysaur, and two other grass types in the box

>tfw accidentally ran away from diglett in diglett cave
>>
File: save over.png (48KB, 1919x731px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
48KB, 1919x731px
>>33125570
lost Crim to a rogue crit, otherwise just grinding
Gotta go into the Mine next time I'm playing
>just hit 10000 steps
How strong is the first gym leader? I dont wanna over level
>>
>>33126065

Goes up to 14. You're alright until his last mon, the last mon has really high attack, so keep Turtwig alive.

Turtwig is probably the safest starter for Platinum early on, but the lategame isn't kind to it at all, Ice becomes pretty common and Torterra's 4X weak to it. Infernape is good all the way through and is probably the best for Sinnoh overall, despite it's frailty. Piplup takes by far the most time to get going inversely to how Turtwig works, but Empoleon is an awesome tank minus that crippling Earthquake weakness.
>>
>>33126083
Okay, I ended up catching a Machop to replace my Budew so I hope that comes in handy, with the Abra that's just 2 pokemon I have that will never hit final Evo
(I wonder if I open 2 of the emulator it might consider them connected)
>>
>>33126108

As long as you grind properly, you'll probably be fine.

>>33125110
Also no. Grind more. It sucks, but you gotta do it, especially as you have something like Seaking. Then again, I always grind to Champion level, I can't stand being underlevelled for that section. I much prefer it when the level of the Champion isn't much above the Elite Four.
>>
>>33125175
>I'm just emulating so unless there's some easy secret I'll just have to deal
there's an easy secret

it's called "check the no trade evos option on the randomizer and save the rom"
>>
>>33125671
watched a guy being so bad at nuzlocking diamond that he ended up with just an overleveled torterra for 80% of the game

and still beat the game anyway
>>
What's the rule for non-legendary interactables like Volcarona?

Also, damn. Been running around to any areas I missed for last minute catches before tackling Victory Road and I never realized how much of BW2 Unova is locked off until postgame. Icirrus City, Moor of Icirrus, Dragonspiral Tower, Twist Mountain, Nuvema, Accumula, Striaton, Nacrene, routes 1, 2, 3, 8, and 18. That's a good chunk of the region.
>>
>>33126711
As long as it's your first encounter in the zone, it's usually fine. Some people prefer to skip or not count them though, like the Snorlaxes in Kanto, since they're usually stronger mons.
>>
>>33126880
I decided to go with it. I don't think Volcarona is strong enough to trivialize the rest of the game. At least not more than something like Sandile who I could have caught there instead. Plus I'm in desperate need of a flier since I've been lugging Swanna's corpse around ever since Kyurem killed it.
>>
>>33125671
Just wiped out to a bullshit Venonat. 6 million hurt in confusions in a row, topped off with a crit.

Fuck it, new game
>>
>>33127219
>wiping to a venonat

that is something to be proud of, anon. i dont think anyone else can boast the same thing
>>
>>33127277
to be fair they seem pretty bad and were only using one pokemon. things like confusion are way more deadly when you can't switch.

>>33127052
>I don't think Volcarona is strong enough to trivialize the rest of the game
i strongly disagree but whatever floats your boat
>>
I have a problem where I have too many good Pokemon. Who do you fill out this team with? (Pokemon Y, just before 2nd gym)

I'm using:
Frogadier
Roselia
Pancham
Pidgeotto

Which 2 of these do I fill out with?
Amaura
Seviper
Electrike
Audino

They're all at similar levels.
>>
>>33127843
use seviper and electrike
>>
>>33127843
amaura because i freaking hate it

i hate audino (as anything but xp piñatas) as well, amaura and audino
>>
Wiped out against Hala in my Moon Nuzlocke. That fucking Mankey caught me off guard with pursuit and killed my Misdreavous. Litten was able to handle the Mankey and Makuhita but damn that Crabrawler OHKO Litten with its Z-Move. It all went donwhill from there, think I'll continue my White 2 run for now.
>>
>accidentally hit the wrong thing and kill your starter in a double battle
I AM THE DUMBEST MAN ALIVE
>>
>>33128510
i bet you magnitude'd your fire starter naughty boy
>>
File: StormSilver1.png (262KB, 1500x917px) Image search: [Google]
StormSilver1.png
262KB, 1500x917px
Started up a Storm Silver run, hopefully it will be a success.

Just returned to the lab after visiting Mr. Pokemon
>>
>>33127462

I would agree. It takes effort to get a moveset that doesn't suck, and both Water and Rock moves are prevalent lategame. Volcarona is awesome, don't get me wrong, but not gamebreaking.
>>
Why there isn't any roll game pic for Nuzlockes
>>
File: theta emerald_5.png (7KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
theta emerald_5.png
7KB, 240x160px
just took care of Flannery
for an hm slave, Sven was surprisingly reliable.
>>
File: save over.png (28KB, 964x921px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
28KB, 964x921px
>>33126108
Just cleared Team Galactic out of the Valley Works or whatever, fucked up a couple catches and lost my Psyduck trying to train it
now there's only the 6 until a new route
>>
>>33124515
Were you playing FR omega?
There's a glitch caused by the fact that you obtain the national dex at the start of the game. If you do the Ruby/sapphire sidequest and get the rainbow pass you'll be forced to to the post game sevii islands before the E4 and then fight them at terrifyingly high rematch levels
>>
File: Template_8.2.png (141KB, 947x600px) Image search: [Google]
Template_8.2.png
141KB, 947x600px
Going into the final battle with this, let's hope I don't wipe

Team:
Birch (Torterra Lv. 58)
Rex (Seaking Lv. 56)
Shade (Weavile Lv. 57)
Edison (Magnezone Lv. 57)
Larry (Tropius Lv. 55, ded)
Janus (Girafarig Lv. 56, ded)
>>
>>33129748
In theory, Magnezone and Weavile should be able to get you there. Good luck.
>>
I'm just finishing theta emerald ex, and I'm kinda fed up with hoenn, so I'm probably going to nuzlocke flora sky again.
What are some other gen 3 rom hacks that add pokemon past gen 3?
>>
>>33129777
trips of good luck don't fail me
>>
Gonna attempt to nuz the Sage demo (but probably just finish normally if I lose) then go back to Sacred Gold

jollynuzcrew.com
>>
>Joey's Ratatta critkills one of my pokemon
>As I'm in the Pokemon Center depositing it into the graveyard he calls and boasts about his Ratatta

that's not cool, man
>>
>>33130515
Fear the top percentage
Respect the top percentage
>>
File: progress3.png (383KB, 2034x872px) Image search: [Google]
progress3.png
383KB, 2034x872px
>>33113837
Update from yesterday, didn't have time to post it here!
Summary: defeated Rival's Squirtle with Belle. Caught Douglas at lv. 3 on Route 1, Joanne at lv. 3 on Route 22 and Rick at lv. 5 on Route 2.
(the other mons were Pidgey, Ditto, Cubone and Poliwag)
In Viridian Forest, my first mon was a Rattata (dupes clause activated) and then a Caterpie, which I killed since my last 2 starters were Caterpies...

Will battle Brock now, I guess...

Question: should I put a level cap at the next gym leader's weakest or strongest pokémon? ie. Brock has a lv 10 and a lv 12, should my cap be 10 or 12?
>>
File: Template_Platinum_Done.png (143KB, 947x600px) Image search: [Google]
Template_Platinum_Done.png
143KB, 947x600px
WE DID IT BOYS

Final Team:
Birch (Torterra Lv. 59)
Edison (Magnezone Lv. 58, ded)
Shade (Weavile Lv. 57, ded)
Rex (Seaking Lv. 56, ded)
Larry (Tropius Lv. 55, ded)
Janus (Girafarig Lv. 55, ded)
>>
does anyone have the roms for red and blue?
>>
>>33131180
Jeez, that final fight must've been rough. Grats on the win, and if you're gonna be down to the last man, it might as well be the one you began with.
>>
>>33131180
Congrats!
>>
File: White 2 Nuzlocke copy.jpg (831KB, 1645x1099px) Image search: [Google]
White 2 Nuzlocke copy.jpg
831KB, 1645x1099px
Made it through Victory Road, but no idea where to go from here. I can't see any possible way I don't get wiped by Marshal. Highest level right now is 56, so I guess my best bet is to at least get some power leveling in.
>>
File: 20170727_022631.jpg (3MB, 2660x1997px) Image search: [Google]
20170727_022631.jpg
3MB, 2660x1997px
Umbra moon is apparently "too difficult" for a nuzlocke.
I beg to differ, it's not too difficult, but just a bit too grindy. Maybe a bit much for my first nuzlocke lol.
Anyway things took a turn for a worse when I was being lazy and expected to sweep Sina's entire team with this gal. A fucking swords dance critical hit night slash didn't kill her Glaceon so I lost my best sweeper so far. rip, she killed half of Hala's team.
>>
>crit self destruct in the same gen that it ignores defence

WHY IS SELFDESTRUCT EVEN ALLOWED TO CRIT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

NOOT NOOT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>33131180
Grats man!
>>
Gym 2, down! So I messed up a little and figured Amaura could handle Tyrunt. Whoops. But its ok, there will be better Ice types to come. For now, we press on like this. Also, RIP to Q-Bee, who died to a trainer's Axew (By the way, who's fucking bright idea was it to throw a trainer with a dragon with fucking DRAGON RAGE at level 19?) I swear its not the gyms, but the trainers that'll trip you up in XY
>>
File: Badge2_Y.png (655KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Badge2_Y.png
655KB, 1552x1015px
>>33131481
>Forgetting the image
>>
>>33129675
I was playing Fire Red Evolution, the full version
and I had grabbed the National Dex right when it was available
>>
Yeah fuck Mind Crystal. It has some neat changes but feels really unfinished. Wiped to another forced double battle in Ilex Forest. Gonna go ahead and drop it.

Ultra Violet is, from what I can tell, pretty much vanilla FR/LG but you can catch your starter and it as early access to the Sevii Islands. FR/LG is baby mode so I'm gonna try a (mostly) no items wedlocke.

If you have suggestions for husbandos or waifus hit me with them. Turns out my list is pretty small.
>>
>>33131180
Down to only your starter. Damn. Huge grats on the win though!
>>
>>33131639
Moving on, what should I be expecting from the second Gym? I just made it there (caught a ghastly in the forest)
I'm probably gonna lead with Zubat for the maximum friendship I'm hoping to get soon
>>
>>33131481
>>33131491
Fuggggg. Korrina's 2 Lucarios killed Noodle, Pharah and Crono. That hurt.
>>
>>33131733
yeah the win came down to "crunch, hyper potion, repeat ad infinitum until win"
>>
File: save over.png (40KB, 964x921px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
40KB, 964x921px
>>33131869
>grass type gym
>wing attack spam
>evolves to Golbat
>grind a little more getting into the Chateau
>evolves into crobat already
this is...probably too much
>>
File: theta emerald_6.png (8KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
theta emerald_6.png
8KB, 240x160px
Well I beat Norman, but not without sacrifice. His bouffalant landed a lucky revenge crit and killed mawile which is regretful, but other than that it wasn't too bad.
>>
>>33131939
welp you're pretty much set for the midgame
>>
>>33131946
I feel this is almost a little excessive, and now I can only seem to find Ghastly's in the old house so it's nice for farming Kadabra
What am I supposed to do in here? it's got some spooky atmosphere but nothing really else
>>
>>33131961
>what am I supposed to do in here?

pick up a free gastly and farm those sweet sweet special attak IVs?
>>
>>33131979
I figured it had some plot relevance but if its just sweet SP attack EVs then I'm down to farm the shit out of this
>>
>>33131961
You can catch Rotom in the TV at night but that's about it. Sometime there's ghosts but they don't actually do anything.
>>
>>33131985
Well I already grabbed a Ghastly outside so it's time to go see a TV
>>
>>33131882
Fuck. I wiped to the trainer's Mienfoo outside Geosenge. God damnit. I'm now a converted believer in the Y is hard to nuzlocke meme. Or maybe I just suck, jesus christ.
>>
digits decide my next locke

odds: emerald
evens: black 2
>>
save over.png
40KB, 964x921px
>>33132005
Caught the Rotom, went back and took on Team Galactic
Jupiter had a fucking Skunktank with Night Slash, hot damn
>>
>>33132100
this is gonna go just fine i swear
>>
File: i will survive.png (107KB, 1117x630px) Image search: [Google]
i will survive.png
107KB, 1117x630px
hey so turns out taking on brock with a team of flying types and a fire type is a bad idea.

Butterfree took out Geodude but fell to a singe Rock Tomb. Pidgey got off a sand attack before suffering the same fate. Spearow made three. Luckily the next two Rock Tombs missed and it was out of PP. Houndour was able to take it out.

who the fuck almost wipes to vanilla brock jesus christ
>>
So, as evidenced by my Y runs, I am terrible at this shit. I have not completed a single nuzlocke of any Pokemon game post gen IV, except Soul Silver and ORAS. But, I am determined as all hell to finally notch one off my list. So, which game (which I own/can emulate) should I make a (likely failed) attempt at this time?

Platinum
Black
Black 2
Y
Moon
>>
>>33132195
storm silver
>>
>>33132198
>Cant complete vanilla games
>suggest a Drayano hack

You just want to watch me suffer, don't you?
>>
>>33132222
checked

if Storm Silver is too tough for you, try blaze black, it's a bit easier
>>
File: progress4.png (199KB, 2034x872px) Image search: [Google]
progress4.png
199KB, 2034x872px
>>33130886
Welp, that's it folks.
Belle was killed by Brock's Wartortle's critical Tackle (after she had won against his Krabby with a single hit).

Then, as I proceeded to Route 3 a Lass' Geodude tanked every hit I had and killed my other three mons.

Will restart soon...
>>
When I go back to school and get more free time, my plan is:

1. Platinum
2. Soullocke randomized LG+E
3. Blaze Black
>>
save over.png
40KB, 964x921px
>>33132134
>going down bike path
>critical quick attack by a Staravia kills mine
>critical Flame Wheel from Ponyta kills Luxio
god damn it
>>
>>33132396
So here's the real question: Is it a bad idea to cheat in the stupid key to change Rotom's forms? It seems pretty fucking retarded that it was event exclusive.
>>
I transferred my mons from AS, does it make for a good nuzlocke?
>>
>>33132531
>CRITICAL SELF DESTRUCT KILLS MY GROTLE
>>33131431
YOU CURSED ME TO THIS
>>
>>33131180

Clutch victory! Nice job lad.
>>
File: save over.png (26KB, 964x921px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
26KB, 964x921px
>>33132608
Shitstomped the 3rd gym, wasn't expecting Ghost type but Haunter really led the team to victory
Crashed through Barry with no survivors
Just got the Good Rod, picked up a Magikarp
>>
File: save over.png (37KB, 964x921px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
37KB, 964x921px
>>33132992
Got back to a full team, going to bed though so last update for the night
>>
>>33124356
I'm sure this question has been asked before but:
SuMo: Does Battle Royal count? Or is Zenyatta the Kadabra dead because everyone had a dark type move?
>>
>>33133593
battle royale is bullshit. don't count it
>>
>>33132195
Y
>>
>>33133593
Gotta agree with >>33133849 here, the battle Royale is always bullshit cause they will gang up on you and you will lose a mon almost certainly every time.
>>
File: rednuzlocke4.png (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rednuzlocke4.png
45KB, 1280x720px
Welp, so Tumor and Lars are dead. I'm kinda sad about Tumor since it's my starter, but at least I get to try more pokémon. I'm not sure if I should keep Mango in my team desu, time will tell.
Anyway, I have two questions. When should I evolve Zaratustra, my Jigglypuff? I already have a moonstone. And is there a way to evolve Samba the Kadabra? Would using a save editor be considered cheating? If not, when should I do it?
>>
>>33134327
>When should I evolve Zaratustra, my Jigglypuff?
always evolved jigglypuff and clefairy as soon as i could. their moveset ends up mostly being TMs anyway

you could have started the game on a rom edited on randomizer to remove trade evos. if you can use a save editor to evolve it, sure, go ahead
>>
File: rednuzlocke5.png (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rednuzlocke5.png
48KB, 1280x720px
Lt. Surge down, practically all my team has evolved. It doesn't look back, although I'd like to swap Mango at some point. Let's see if I can survive the selfdestruct cave this time.
>>
first reply picks my emerald starter/name
>>
>>33135444
XD
lol
>>
File: White 2 Nuzlocke final.jpg (783KB, 1645x1099px) Image search: [Google]
White 2 Nuzlocke final.jpg
783KB, 1645x1099px
Finished up with White 2. Only two survivors at the end + five boxed shitmons.

Got through Marshal with Volcarona + Quiver Dance + Psychic. His last mon was Sawk who had Sturdy. Volcarona was wearing a rocky helmet so they went down together.
Drapion ate Shauntal and Caitlin without giving a single fuck.
Leavanny was doing good against Grimsley until Bisharp came in with Aerial Ace out of nowhere.
I went full retard and left Druddigon in against Iris's Lapras and he took an ice beam to the face. Klinklang + 2 Gear Shifts + Gear Grind took over until an EQ from Haxorus. And then Mamoswine finished up.

Was really hoping Leavanny would make it through, being the only early game survivor, but overall this went better than expected. Drapion and Volcarona were the MVPs. There's no way I could have won without Volcarona's suicide run against Marshal.
>>
File: 1470351820038.jpg (123KB, 710x545px) Image search: [Google]
1470351820038.jpg
123KB, 710x545px
>>33135758
>Gliscor
>Shitmon
>>
Guess it's about time to hop back in. Three days without even touching my Y Locke. That's no way to get anything done.
>>
>>33135469
what
>>
File: save over.png (28KB, 964x921px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
28KB, 964x921px
>>33133092
>get to veilstone
>so many near-deaths
>>
save over.png
40KB, 964x921px
>>33136835
4th badge get! I never knew where Maylene was from, so now I know. Also FUCKING LUCARIO so I couldn't pile on Psychic or Flying attacks, wew.
>>
File: hmmm.jpg (73KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
73KB, 500x376px
So I've been wanting to think up another challenge run after my failed Platinum Nuzlocke. I made up a run I called SixMonScratch you guys might have seen me play, but I feel like it is too grindy.

I came up with one called Flawlocke. The standard Nuzlocke rules apply:
>If a Pokemon faints, it is considered dead. Box it or release it
>You can only catch the first Pokemon you encounter in each area/route
>Nickname each Pokemon caught

Now, with the Flawlocke there is one more additional rule:
>You much catch the next Pokemon that has a type advantage over the newest Pokemon you obtained.

Example: Let's say you are playing Fire Red and you pick Squirtle. The next Pokemon you can catch are Electric types or Grass types. So you have to skip Route 1, Route 22, and Route 2 encounters. Hopefully, you can get a Pikachu in Viridian Forest, if not the nearest Pokemon is Paras in Mt. Moon. If you caught the Pikachu, the next Pokemon you can only catch are Ground types, which Geodude is the next one available in Mt. Moon. Failure to encounter/catch Geodude results in having to get the next Ground type available (which I think is Diglett)

You can go back to previous routes for encounters, but be careful you didn't trigger any encounters before hand.

I think this run forces you to think ahead, and makes each run unique due to Starter choices and Dual-Typing Pokemon weaknesses.

Also, you can't catch a Pokemon that obtains a type later in its evolution. If you caught Pikachu, you can't catch Nidoran hoping for a Nidoking. Nidoran is pure Poison.

Tell me what you think /vp/. I'm gonna start a run on this later
>>
>>33133884
Ok, I'll go off your suggestion and give Y yet another go. I was so close on my first try, I think I can get it.

I went Chespin first, Froakie second, so I guess I'll go Fennekin this time
>>
I fucking hate Nuzlockes sometimes.
>>
>>33137531
Well I guess only one death and four badges isn't too bad. Much better than any of my other Y runs. Still, I'm mad. Oh, I thought. Scolipede can take a Confusion from this Exeggutor, and respond with a Bug Bite to kill. Then it has fucking Psyshock. X and Y are stupid with their movepools sometimes.

Running out of room in my reserves box on the layout. I might have to omit the full song titles for the sake of not being so cramped.
>>
File: progress1.png (429KB, 2034x872px) Image search: [Google]
progress1.png
429KB, 2034x872px
>>33132311
Restarted... Got Arryn as a starter, Tarth on Route 1, Bettley on Route 22 and Blackwood on Route 2. Will grind to 8 then fight Rival and take on Viridian Forest.
>>
>>33132195
Y
>>
THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT
Sableye with 6 double team, will o wisp and recover. Nothing on my team can kill it quickly (or at all, why does evasion fucking exist) so I'm just spamming super potions until his only attack is out of pp.
>>
How bad is touhoumon for a nuzlocke?
Never played one and I want a pokemon game I know nothing of, be it something like that, Quartz or whatever happens in a 'new' region.
Played most of the games at the romhack pastebin sadly. So I need new juice.
>>
File: theta emerald_7.png (8KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
theta emerald_7.png
8KB, 240x160px
wiped out WInona
a bit of a cakewalk thanks to sneaky pebbles but eh.
>>
>>33138021
rip? update us anon
>>
File: FireRedFlawlocke.png (2MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
FireRedFlawlocke.png
2MB, 2880x1800px
Alriiiiiiiiiiiiiight
Made a template. Going with FireRed to test out this Flawlocke.

Also I'm using the number at the end of this post for starter choice:

1-3 Bulbasaur
4-6 Charmander
7-9 Squirtle
0 Pikachu
>>
>>33138514
Charmander it is
>>
>>33132181
Scary.
Love Houndour like it's your baby. He can take you places anon
>>
>>33138524
ouch, that's gonna be tough, no catches until mt. moon
>>
File: rednuzlocke6.png (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rednuzlocke6.png
48KB, 1280x720px
>>33134727
I finally found a good replacement for Mango. It's a shame he got useless that soon, I had high expectations. Now, should I evolve Lola (Growlithe) right away or does it learn anything useful?
Oh, and would it be considered as cheating if I get the free Eevee at Celadon City?
>>
>>33138626
Yeah, it's gonna be tricky. Hopefully I can encounter that Geodude and not a Zubat
>>
>>33138514
This run could go really bad.

>Guaranteed no catch til at least after Brock
>If you find a Zubat in Mt. Moon, you're still SoL

I guess you can take the Magikarp?
>>
>>33138681
if you don't consider it cheating you could pay 500 for a magikarp and hope to encounter Paras
>>
>>33138698
Yeah I was hoping for anything BUT Charmander.
Definitely nabbing that Magikarp
>>
>>33138730
I'm pretty sure the summary page on Magikarp says it's encountered on Route 4.
Will double check though
>>
File: [long sustained yelling.jpg (20KB, 545x377px) Image search: [Google]
[long sustained yelling.jpg
20KB, 545x377px
>Coolroms CR takedown and CR takedowns pretty much everywhere
>Can't get the games on new PC
>Have to wait a month before I can play any pokemon
>>
File: pikachu18+.gif (67KB, 436x310px) Image search: [Google]
pikachu18+.gif
67KB, 436x310px
Hey is every pokemon emulator down for everyone else? I can't find any that are downloadable right now.
>>
>>33138854
>>33138897
Have to look a taaaad bit closer boys
>>
>>33138906
what did he mean by this
>>
>>33138920
There are a few websites that you can still download roms from.
>>
FireRedFlawlocke.png
2MB, 2880x1800px
Alriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Wish me luck everyone, I'm taking on the Pewter Gym. Should be fine because I forgot Charmander learns Metal Claw
>>
>>33138736
>>33138756
I would gamble on Geodude first, then go back for Magikarp. Worst case is you end up with just Magikarp but you lose the opportunity for Geodude if you beeline the fish.
>>
FireRedFlawlocke.png
2MB, 2880x1800px
The gym was a breeze. The trainer was easily dealt with from a Metal Claw crit on his Geodude and his Sandshrew kept spamming Defense Curl then died to a burn.

Brock was pretty easy due to Kaki evolving. 2HKO his Geodude with Metal Claw and ate up Rock Tombs from Onix. Onix's attack stat really is sad.

>>33139009
That's what I was thinking. I could do Magikarp->Paras but Oddish would be the better choice
>>
Ayy, I just updated my comic.
>>
So Y has graced me with both a Mild Scatterbug and a Lonely Caterpie. Butterfree or Vivillion?
>>
>>33139194
Butterfree, they're hella rad. I used one in a fire red nuzlocke, he took down Lance pretty handily.
>>
FireRedFlawlocke.png
2MB, 2880x1800px
>>33139143
Encountered Zubat, so I picked up Magikarp.
Now I'm out of Mt. Moon and heading towards Cerulean City.

Route 1 and Viridian Forest are off the table since I encountered Pokemon and couldn't catch them. I still have Routes 22, 2, and 3.
>>
What level should I be for Roxanne? My team rn is Torchic, Poochyena, Wingull, Dustox, Shroomish all around level 8-10
>>
>>33140316
which game, R/S, E or OR/AS?
12 is more than enough to defeat her in most games but since you got shitty chicken as your starter you might need a few more levels
>>
>>33140334
Emerald

my plan is to make shitbird evolve just before Roxanne, but idk about the rest
>>
>>33140362
even evolved shitchicken can have problems with nosepass if you're unlucky so definitely evolve it
>>
>>33140362
>>33140441
wait a minute for some reason i just completely missed the fact you have a shroomish

just teach bullet seed to it and go to town
>>
File: progress2.png (381KB, 2034x872px) Image search: [Google]
progress2.png
381KB, 2034x872px
>>33137892
Accidentally killed a Kakuna in Viridian Forest.
Bettley died while grinding to lv 10 to a Pidgey's critical Gust.
Arryn took on Brock's Machop and Tarth took on his Graveler. I think he is learning from Bruno these days.

Anyhow, Boulder badge acquired.
>>
>>33139194

Vivillon. You can use Butterfree in almost any other game, whereas Vivillon is only in XY.

Also Compound Eyes is fucking awesome when you get Hurricane.
>>
File: YAFRH.png (95KB, 706x1014px) Image search: [Google]
YAFRH.png
95KB, 706x1014px
Back again.

Just arrived in Pewter city, going to train a bit then it's time for Brock.
>>
>>33138897
kurt eichenwald disliked this post
>>
File: Template_1.png (75KB, 947x600px) Image search: [Google]
Template_1.png
75KB, 947x600px
Torchic evolving at Lv. 16 is bullshit, also boxed Dustox & Poochyena because they weren't doing anything

Team:
Colonel (Torchic Lv. 14)
Bigmouth (Wingull Lv. 12)
Magic Mush (Shroomish Lv. 11)
>>
>>33138029
Do it, it's challenging but fun. I tried it blind a few months ago, got to Flannery I think on my first try. Think I'll try it again, but with the type matchup chart open on my phone. I'm talking about the Emerald one, by the way
>>
File: YAFRH.png (109KB, 706x1014px) Image search: [Google]
YAFRH.png
109KB, 706x1014px
So I did not know this hack changed up Brock's typing. I went in expecting Rock, not fighting.

Luckily Nooty knew sing so Brock's first mon went down easily. When Brock's second and last team member was asleep I send in Betty to finish it off.
>>
>>33142825
cool fuckin logo
honestly the trio you have should make the game a breeze
magic mush always carries

>>33143552
you're doin great! don't worry, they aren't all like that
>>
>>33142825
I would evolve Nincada if you can. Ninjask and Shedinja are both pretty useful to have.
>>
>>33144200
not who you're replying to, but the titles are made by brfa98. I think s/he's made every title up to X/Y
>>
FireRedFlawlocke.png
2MB, 2880x1800px
>>33139477
So a lot has happened.
Routes 24, 25, 5, and 6 encounters didn't yield a grass type for Magikarp. Bad luck on my part, I went on to defeat Surge. By this time, I now had a Gyarados.

Route 10 had a chance of getting Voltorb, but encountered Ekans. Rock Tunnel I encountered Zubat AGAIN, so no Geodude/Onix.

Skip Route 8 and go to Celedon. For my Celedon encounter I decided to choose a Game Corner mon instead of Eevee. I WAS going to get Abra, but then I would have needed to catch Venonat or Gastly. Gastly isn't bad, but that would have meant I would need to catch a Ground or Psychic type (Which couldn't get Diglett because of Dugtrio ignored my Repel in Diglett's Cave).

So I got Scyther, then immediately remembered I could have picked up a Hitmonlee after Gastly. But whatever.

Defeat Erika, go to Route 22 for a chance at a Flying type, no luck. Then Route 2, no luck. Route 3 is when I picked up Spearow, went to Saffron and got Hitmonlee, went to Fuschia and got the Soul Badge.

I wanted to nab a Pidgey toget an Electric type at the Power Plant, but Routes 15, 14, 13, 12 had Oddish. Decide to get a Drowzee instead, but encountered Ekans. THEN I remembered I skipped Route 8 and finally got Pidgey.

Oh yeah, Hitmonlee died in Koga's Gym BUT Scyther motherfuckin' evolved. Now I'm on my way to Saffron.
Sorry about the long update
>>
File: FireRedFlawlocke.png (3MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
FireRedFlawlocke.png
3MB, 2880x1800px
>>33144479
Update boys

Went and caught a Magnemite at Power Plant before heading to Saffron, named it Amadeus (proud of the name).

Killed everybody in Silph Co. and got the Lapras. I'm thinking that I can 100% get a Mt. Ember encounter of either Geodude or Machop.

Sabrina gg no re. Now I'm heading to Cinnabar.
>>
>>33145155
And here's the line so far:
Charmander->Magikarp->[Scyther]->Spearow->[Hitmonlee]->Pidgey->Magnemite->[Lapras]
>[static mon]
>>
FireRedFlawlocke.png
3MB, 2880x1800px
Blaine was swept with Gyarados.

Also, I decided to get Kabuto before my Mt Ember encounter seeing how Lapras and Kabuto are both weak to Geodude/Machop.

Then I got Machop. Now I'm gonna face Giovanni
>>
FireRedFlawlocke.png
3MB, 2880x1800px
>>33145903
Taking on the E4
>>
File: postagatha.png (8KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
postagatha.png
8KB, 240x160px
>>33146135
Fucking Charizard misses Fly, gets hit with a crit Sludge Bomb, then POISONED

Yes I'm mad
>>
>>33146215
that's why i hate fly
i'm sorry man

flawlocke sounds like a really cool idea though

>>33144331
thank you so much! i'll definitely use these in the future

>>33144263
shedinja is legit broken if you keep it all the way
>>
>>33146215
I'm seeing the problem with your Locke as I expected it to have when I first read it. You really don't get a lot of encounters when doing it. For FireRed, one of the easiest games to Locke, that seems fine. But I'd imagine that in, say, Emerald, or Platinum, that it'd very quickly lead to running out of Pokémon completely.

Has your run given you any ideas for improvements you could make to the system?
>>
>>33146255
it could be more "viable" if it applied to the pokemon + any of its forms/evolutions

like take platinum for example. you could pick chimchar and get starly or bidoof, with turtwig you could get starly or kricketot and with empoleon you could get shinx or budew, all of which are very early on
>>
File: HOF.png (14KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
HOF.png
14KB, 240x160px
>>33146255
>>33146278

Yeah, what I've noticed is that encounters are solely dependent on chance. My entire run could have changed drastically if I could have encountered an Oddish after Mt. Moon but didn't. I wasted 5 routes trying to get a Flying Type, and 4 routes trying to get Grass.

I then noticed in Cinnabar that I've relied on Gift/Static Mons for most of the run. It kind of defeats the purpose of Rule #2.

I want to say that if I planned ahead more then it could have turned out smoother, but some Pokemon just have a higher encounter rate than others. And that's not a bad thing, but it does add up in the long run.

Also, you can't ever have any Normal or Dragon type Pokemon due to the Nature of the locke, which lowers the amount of mons.

I know I had bad luck on this run, and I may try this again. But it could definitely be approved upon, I just don't have any ideas

I also want to add that I didn't get a third Party Member until Celedon, so Gyarados and Charizard were pretty much overleveled throughout.

Also I won. rip Magneton and Charizard
>>
File: Part 7, Swampbound.png (359KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Part 7, Swampbound.png
359KB, 1280x720px
Fifth badge get. Had I not had that lapse of judgment earlier, I would still be deathless. Yes, I'm still mad at myself. Fuck Exeggutor.

Jude has finally evolved, Alejandro finally has Thunderbolt, and my Route 14 encounter was completely wasted by a goddamn Shelmet. Next on the list is to work my way through the swamp, get to Lavierre, grind to level 40, then take on the gym.

Current Level Cap: 42

>>33146397
Grats! I think you should try what >>33146278 suggested here, maybe on something with only moderate difficulty like Omega Ruby.
>>
>>33146666
I like your template anon also nice quads

Yeah, >>33146278 would definitely open more options for more Pokemon. I'll try to keep tinkering with the entire flawlocke idea

totally forgot Shelmet existed
>>
File: progress3.png (554KB, 2034x872px) Image search: [Google]
progress3.png
554KB, 2034x872px
>>33140497
Got to Mt. Moon.

The Nuzlocke God has smiled at me and gave me Manwoody (since last try I could have gotten a Cubone but instead got the rare encounter and caught a Jigglypuff), Lynderly (which was my strongest mon last season I tried to nuzlocke) and Targaryen from the Magikarp seller (and I'm doing a Westeros inspired run).

Will probably wipe soon.
>>
Whoever made Brawly's Makuhita level 19 (combine that with the lack of good grinding spots) should be shot in the back of his stupid head

Team:
Colonel (Combusken Lv. 18)
Magic Mush (Shroomish Lv. 15)
Helmut (Aron Lv. 14)
>>
File: Template_2.png (84KB, 947x600px) Image search: [Google]
Template_2.png
84KB, 947x600px
>>33147730
>>
File: YAFRH.png (133KB, 706x1014px) Image search: [Google]
YAFRH.png
133KB, 706x1014px
So I'm playing this game half blind.

For instance, I know the levels of the Gym leaders and that's it. I also know there is no penalty for giving Nidz a moonstone earlier. So I'm a cheesy fuck and evolved him. And he lost Hustle, which pleases me. He missed so fucking much.

Going to grind on Nugget Bridge for a bit, then I'll fight Surge

He swept 50% of Gary's team in Cerulean City
>>
File: YAFRH.png (153KB, 706x1014px) Image search: [Google]
YAFRH.png
153KB, 706x1014px
Nidz Jr. swept Surge with ease, only Stunfisk managed to land a hit.
>>
File: 1.png (119KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
119KB, 800x800px
Moon Nuzlocke. Trainer ID was to decide starter but you could only find it out after, chose Popplio cause why not.
Caught Rico on Route 1. Hau's Pichu had me on edge but was all good.
>>
Grinding for Valerie. Still have no idea which 6 Pokémon I want to make my primary team. I really have a team of 9 right now, and it's making grinding a bitch. Which six would y'all pick?

>Delphox
>Manectric
>Gyarados
>Roserade
>Krookodile
> Lucario
>Staraptor
>Gardevoir
>Gabite (next level cap allows for Garchomp)
>>
>>33151605
I say take Garchomp, Staraptor, Gyarados, Gardevoir, Roserade, and Delphox
>>
>>33151605
taking Gyarados, Staraptor, Krookodile, Gardevoir, Manectric and Roserade is a good idea imo
>>
Just beat my Pokémon white nuzlocke. Give me a game to do.
My options are:

LeafGreen
HeartGold
Emerald
X
Moon
>>
>>33151719
X
>>
>>33151734
X it is then
>>
>>33151691
>>33151696
Well you seem to agree on dropping Lucario. Such a shame, I was so hyped about that Riolu encounter on Route 22. Oh well, I'm sure I'll fuck something up later and bring him back.

Borrowing elements from both of you, I think I like the dynamic of Manectric and Garchomp, so I'll drop Krookodile as well. I'll keep Gyarados and Staraptor for that dual Intimidate, and Roserade for being a beastly glass cannon. Now I've just got to decide between Delphox and Gardevoir for the final slot.
>>
>>33151812
Gardevoir is superior. If nothing else than for the Dragon/Dark destroying utility that Fairy type provides.
>>
File: Badge1_Y.png (317KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Badge1_Y.png
317KB, 1552x1015px
Badge 1, get! RIP Bucky, caught by the infestation.
>>
So I just whipped out in my moon nuzlocke because Hapu's levels are just ridiculously high compared to what you face before...
>>
don't let it die
>>
>>33152245
Nearly wiped to the Furfrou duo because this game is fair and balanced. Only Braixen and Scatterbug (whom was boxed) remain. Sometimes I wonder if I'm just shit at Pokemon...
>>
File: Seedlocke.png (26KB, 357x233px) Image search: [Google]
Seedlocke.png
26KB, 357x233px
In which game should I start a Nuzocke?

HeartGold
Omega Ruby
Platinum
White 2
Y
Moon
>>
>>33154745
Moon
>>
>>33154521
nah those guys are infamous among nuzlockers
glad to see you pull thru buddy

>>33149378
i love how surge has a stunfisk in this hack
looks like you're doing great, keep it up

>>33154745
Y and Moon are fine
>>
>>33154745
Heart gold
>>
>>33154745
Y
>>
>>33153130
Catching the level 42 wimpod and evolving it helps a lot for hapu
>>
>>33154745
Moon, having a cutscene at every beginning and end of a route is fun.
>>
>>33130395
Done with sage, looking forward to nuzzing when it comes out .

Starting a Sacred Gold nuzlocke now on stream, rolling starter (0-2 chiko 3-5 cynda 6-8 toto, 9 and I choose)
>>
>>33155506
you are the worst kind of person
>>
Got a shiny skorupi as my great marsh encounter
But it was the second one
The first was a fucking bibarel

I hate saturdays
>>
File: Template_2a.png (85KB, 947x600px) Image search: [Google]
Template_2a.png
85KB, 947x600px
i swear to god grinding in this game is slower than watching paint dry

Team:
Colonel (Combusken Lv. 19)
Magic Mush (Shroomish Lv. 16)
Helmut (Aron Lv. 16)
Faraday (Electrike Lv. 14)
Genji (Nincada Lv. 12)
>>
>>33156375
Vanilla? Keep running around that route near mauville with the breeders, people there want rematches all the time. After that, you can always beat Ty and Gab
>>
>>33150324
Lost the nuzlocke to the trainer school teacher, tried again and failed again to the same bitch.
This game fucks you in the ass if you have poor match up god damn.
Oh well, will try again a little later, all I can do is keep trying till I get break passed this early-game bs!
>>
>>33131268
That is an awesome fucking layout with the map and whatnot. Im in love
>>
So I want to spice up my pokemon game, but nuzlocke mode sounds like a grind. Just grind on random encounters until you are strong enough to 1hit everything.
>>
File: 1.png (1MB, 966x716px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
1MB, 966x716px
>>33150324
>>33157235
Yeah boi
>>
File: 2.png (123KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
123KB, 800x800px
>>33157882
We got this bois.
Next encounter soon and we golden.
>>
b u m p
>>
File: 3.png (179KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
179KB, 800x800px
>>33157925
See, now we're rolling!
Psyched about catching Drifloon, thought the encounter rate was low for him.
Things are looking up now, I'm hyped.
>>
>>33158771
Oh and forgot, ADAMANT nature Grimer with Poison Touch, fucking great luck there.
>>
ah ah ah ah stayin alive stayin alive
>>
not gonna die
>>
>my 10 lvls lower pickup slave pachirisu held his own against both cyrus' crobat and gyarados

so proud of the little guy

my stupid birb died though and now i'm stuck without fly for the rest of the game

the fucking joy

i'm almost considering using palkia just because i'm upset and i want to finish this shitshow soon

but i'll be strong
>>
>come back after a few days
>completely forget where I'm going
just went south if Veilstone so I hope thats where I'm supposed to go
>>
>>33161261
if you beat maylene then thats where u go
>>
>>33161409
I got wiped at Crasher Wake, 2 critical Waterfalls took down Kadabra and Crobat, a crit Bite killed Haunter, and after killing it with Machoke his Foatziel spammed Aqua Jet until I died
>>
>>33161423
>I got wiped at Crasher Wake
how

its a romhack?
>>
>>33161585
Nope, just crits ate my face
>>
Came up with a new challenge called the AshimeLocke

Rules:
1. You can only catch the first Pokémon you see in every route
2. If a Pokémon faints it's dead and must be released
3. Pokémon are only allowed to evolve 1.5x the level they are supposed to be at (for example Snivy can only evolve to Servine at level 26 not level 17)
4. No items allowed to be used or held on by Pokémon in battle, healing outside of battle is fine (means no eviolite or potions)
5. If a Pokeball breaks your encounter for that route is nullified
6. No TMs
7. Fire/Grass Starters can only go up to second stage, Water Starters can only stay in there base evolution
8. If you get an evolution stone than the mon that can evolve must evolve immediately
9. You can only grab a Pokémon out of the PC only if a Pokémon has died or you have beaten a Gym Leader if the latter you can only deposit the highest level mon on your team

tested it out with emerald, rule 7 only applies to pre-DPPt games. I don't hate water types but Wartortle,Cronocaw and Marshtomp are really good mons in the games and this is supposed to be difficult. Water type starter lines can be evolved to there second form past gen 3.
>>
>>33161869
forgot "release the best pokemon on your team every now and then for stupid and arbitrary reasons"
>>
>>33161869
10. You must lose in the Pokémon League. Beating the champion is an automatic loss of the challenge.
>>
>>33161869
11. You must act like a braindead monkey whenever in a battle. Using actual strategy and skill results in an automatic loss.
>>
>>33161980
>>33162037
>>33162065
all of this

You must try a ineffective attack at least once per battle. Trust your heart! Trust your pokemon! Your electric attack will hurt a ground pokemon! Your poison attack will destroy that steel!
>>
>>33161869
every pokemon that learns quick attack is required to keep quick attack till the end
>>
>>33161980
That's why I have Rule 9
>>33162037
Kek, I made it to Wallace with a Jolteon,Altaria,Marshtomp and Flygon but I lost
>>33162095
lol no remember some Anime trainers actually fight with logic not just Dumbash
>>33162108
If you want to add this that's cool it's just with the TM restrictions it's kind of stupid

Do you guys like my rules?
>>
File: save over.png (25KB, 963x919px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
25KB, 963x919px
got back into YetAnotherFireRedHack
current team:
Torchic - Starter - Adamant
Furret - Route 1 - Bashful
Nidorino - Route 22 - Timid
Staravia - Route 2 - Hardy
Pikachu - Viridian Forest - Docile
already beat Brock even though I always forget in this hack he's a fighting type gym
was gonna post updates as I went but I tend to flood with how often I update just how the grinding is going
>>
>>33162571
Does that hack use the split? if so, an Adamant Torchic and Timid Nidorino are really good.
>>
>>33162582
Yeah it uses the split, that makes it exciting
I also run for Special Nidoking every time anyway so this is right up my alley, glad they didn't move Nidoran pokes elsewhere
>>
>180 defense
>every shitty supereffective attack, no matter how weak or how low level the other pokemon is, leaves him on red hp

what's the point of Bastiodon again?
>>
File: save over.png (25KB, 963x919px) Image search: [Google]
save over.png
25KB, 963x919px
>>33162608
got an Onix in Mt. Moon but missed out on a Venonat on Route 3
>>
>>33124356
Why do you let your little amigo's die?
>>
>>33162937
being the cutest fossil
>>
>already having a hard time choosing between party members
>then I catch a Magneton
>then a Skorupi

Stop doing this to me Y. Fuck. It's like if you're not killing off my entire team in a run, you instead decide to shower me with awesome Pokémon. Stop being so goddamn schizophrenic.
>>
>>33164350
Be thankful it isn't giving you awesome Pokemon and then killing them all.
Yet.
>>
>>33164605
That was my last 3 attempts. Maybe this is just the result of practically memorizing every trainer in the game.
>>
>lose my Greninja and Flygon
>next route, get a Durant
>go back and surf an old route, get a Tentacruel
Hope restored to keep on going through the dull slog that is X.
>>
File: Part 8, Time Warp.png (406KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Part 8, Time Warp.png
406KB, 1280x720px
>>33146666
Played a lot more than I originally planned to today. Finished training up for Valerie, beat Valerie, beat Team Flare at the Pokéball Factory, cleared out the Frost Caverns, beat Olympia, and all the while changing my team up drastically. No new deaths, but despite this, not a single Pokémon on my main team is one that was part of the main team last time I updated. I'm getting crazy lucky with encounters this time around. I can definitely see how so many people can find X and Y to be the hardest games to Locke, and so many others can find it piss easy. The sheer number of options per route really does put you at the game's mercy.

Current plan is to train my team up to 50, then begin the final series of fights against Team Flare. I'm still a bit mad at myself, looking at this nice, clean layout with that one black mark in the "dead" category. So close to a perfect run right now.

Current Level Cap: 59, though I have a long ways to go until that goes up.
>>
File: 3.png (194KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
194KB, 800x800px
>>33158771
>>33158780
First trial bested but the Yungoose brothers are dead, despite that it wasn't too difficult.
Zubat was the Verdant Cavern encounter.
>>
Integrity question

In my last session when going to save progress I accidentally loaded the state and lost about 3 hours of playing/grinding. In that time I had lost 3 really good pokemon and released them. I got mad and shut the game off for the night. The next night I tried again boxed the dead pokemon before they died preemptively and in the process of getting back to where I was 3 different pokemon died (though in different places) instead of the original 3 that died prior.
So I ask this should I just get back to where I left off before release the 3 pokemon that originally died and pretend I wasn't retarded for not saving? Or should I go with the current being counted and release the ones that died in the more recent redo counting the lost pokemon here as pentence for the 3 I would have lost? Or do I scrap all 6 of them and probably the whole nuzlocke and hang myself?
>>
File: My Fire Red.jpg (226KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
My Fire Red.jpg
226KB, 800x900px
I don't know who i'm going to replace my Electrode with, I think i'm going to go with Snorlax or Gastly, what do you guys think?
>>33166305
nice naming scheme. seems like the level cap would be intereseting for my second nuzlocke, thanks for the inspiration.
>>
>>33167048
I would say do the first or last option
>>
>>33167048
First one if you're gonna press on at all. The replacement mons don't deserve that fate. Otherwise hit the restart. Save issues always feel scummy, even if it's an accident
>>
Bumping with if I go into Grant with Braixen, Luvdisc and Tyrunt (all 25 same as his ace), how boned am I? I am scared shitless and have no more catches. My other options are bugs and Heliolisk (and an Eevee I can only evolve into Flareon or Jolteon) so no help there.
>>
>>33169054
>choosing Fennekin
>ever
your fate is sealed
>>
File: Template_3.png (89KB, 947x600px) Image search: [Google]
Template_3.png
89KB, 947x600px
I remain adamant in my belief that whoever balanced Emerald should be lined up against the wall and shot

Team:
Colonel (Combusken Lv. 22)
Shedinja Lv. 21
Genji (Ninjask Lv. 20)
Magic Mush (Shroomish Lv. 20)
>>
>>33169479
>abusing shedinja

ninja lame-o
>>
File: Template_3.png (89KB, 947x600px) Image search: [Google]
Template_3.png
89KB, 947x600px
>>33169479
wrong image, this is the right one
>>
>>33169089
Well I failed once each with Chespin and Froakie, I figured this couldn't be any worse.
>>
>>33169562
>going full furry because of a minor bump in the road

You'll never be a respected human being again
>>
>>33169586
to be fair, I got Fennekin in each of my last 2 attempts at Y.

I go off of trainer ID, though. I was hoping for Chespin.
>>
>>33170492
get in nuzcrew, The Fire Rises has been released
>>
>had two open spots in my team due to the pachirisus pickup slave
>decided to train my box mons in victory road
>they either died to hi jump kick or explosion

eight fucking pokemon lost to this bullshit
i'm fucking cursed
i guess the two pachirisus will be part of the team then
>>
>>33171054
>Not training in a area where you have a type advantage and 10 levels on the average pokemon
You only take risks in training at the beginning otherwise you lose pokemon. I've lost many a good starter cause of that shit.
>>
>>33171082
i had level/type advantage most of the cases. explosion and hi jump kick still hurts like hell. and the fucking wild medichams never let me run or miss the damned kick
>>
>>33170884
the fire rises? is that the game someone said to play other than Fire Red Evolution?
>>
>>33147621
Arrived at Cerulean City. Lynderly didn't survive through Mt. Moon since I got distracted and switch him in onto a Slowpoke's Confusion.

Will now go through Nugget Bridge to try and catch my route 24 and 25 encounters.

Then will grind everybody to lv. 18 and somebody to lv. 21 to face Misty.
>>
File: progress4.png (481KB, 2034x872px) Image search: [Google]
progress4.png
481KB, 2034x872px
>>33172654
forgot pic, obviously
>>
File: 4.png (219KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
219KB, 800x800px
>>33166584
No issue with Hala.
Forgot to mention before that Aesthetic evolved after the totem battle.
Encounters have been aight besides another Zubat and a Diglett I killed accidentally in Ten Carrat Hill.
Off to the next island!
>>
W-Why is Eusine so strong in Polished Crystal?
His Sunflora just took me out in Cianwood

It was fun while it lasted!
>>
File: rip gangsta.jpg (180KB, 1065x667px) Image search: [Google]
rip gangsta.jpg
180KB, 1065x667px
>grabbed a couple friends to start a nuzlocke run together in PokeMMO
>Fire Red
>it's our first nuzlocke ever
>devastation left and right
it has been really fun succeeding and also surprisingly devastating when any of our pokemon die. We're currently about to fight Giovanni at Sylph Co and Gary killed my Steelix, Gangsta. I never tried nuzlocke before because I thought it's be too hard but it's actually pretty fun.
>>
I'm playing pokemon silver, and for some reason the game shut off by itself. It shut off when i interacted with another trainer, but I had only been playing for like 5 minutes when it happened, and have had no trainer encounters or pokémon encounters in that time. Would you just load the last save and continue on as usual?
>>
>>33150324
what font is that?
>>
How hard is that Emerald Theta Ex hack for a nuzlocke? Should be easier than a Drayano hack, no?
>>
>>33174678
Well, yeah? No harm no foul from what it sound like.
>>
First 5 that responds to my post picks my naming theme
>>
>>33176108
music/artists theme
>>
>>33175636
is that like an upgraded theta emerald? theta emerald's alright so i guess there's nothing wrong with trying it out.

>>33175623
anime ace

>>33176108
posts that end with 5
>>
>>33176108
fruit for males, vegetables for females, berries for genderless
>>
>>33176145
>>33176145
fuck you, what a stupid naming convention
>>
>>33176108
movie monsters/villains
>>
File: 1497639232277.jpg (55KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1497639232277.jpg
55KB, 300x300px
>>33176209
do it bih
>>
>>33176145
Name your starter Kumquat.
>>
>>33176576
Meant for >>33176209
>>
About to start emerald sigma, but I'm curious
Is there any more tasteful and authentic feeling an emerald mod than sigma?
I am looking for a game like red++ and polished crystal
>>
File: generic oras.png (79KB, 628x521px) Image search: [Google]
generic oras.png
79KB, 628x521px
just beat Wattson, and Snorlax is definitely pulling his weight around the team. A bit of a shame he had two HM moves on him when he was traded, but I probably wouldn't have beat Wattson without him.
>>
>>33177948
>using one of the gay bugs

You're a strong man
>>
>>33171770
Yes, it's a much updated version of FRE. Adds gen 5-6 mons and alolan form mons as well as shitty self insert fights of people from my stream
>>
>>33178836
>shitty self insert fights of people from my stream
why the hell would anyone but the idiots self inserted want to watch this
>>
>>33178836
link?
>>
File: generic oras.png (78KB, 627x521px) Image search: [Google]
generic oras.png
78KB, 627x521px
Just beat Flannery - in the space between Wattson and her, around half my team hit the level limit, so I had to take her on with Bibarel, Snorlax, and Minun. Bulldoze and Surf from Snorlax made short work of her team. Here's hoping Norman doesn't wreck me since I'm not at his level and don't have any fighting moves outside of Rock Smash...
>>
File: generic oras.png (68KB, 625x521px) Image search: [Google]
generic oras.png
68KB, 625x521px
RIP Minun 2017-2017 to a random gym trainer's delcatty getting 3 crits. Snorlax took out Norman's Pokemon after Gloom put the two Slaking to sleep. Not super difficult, but a bit scary.
>>
>>33179383
what should I put on my team, btw
>>
>>33179390
Volbeat
>>
>>33178906
You don't go to nuzcrew to watch jlt, you go to nuzcrew to shit on him
>>
File: generic oras.png (80KB, 625x521px) Image search: [Google]
generic oras.png
80KB, 625x521px
>>33179383
>Latios for a Wurmple
stay classy, wonder trade
>>
File: Part 9, Flaring Along.png (406KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Part 9, Flaring Along.png
406KB, 1280x720px
Minor update. Team trained up, Lysandre Café cleared out, and on my way to Geosenge for the Team Flare Finale.

Traded out Gary's Sea Incense with a Wide Lens. Brings Aqua Tail's accuracy up to 99%, and Ice Fang's up to 100%. I think those alone make that even better than Sea Incense and Waterfall over Aqua Tail, not that I have Waterfall yet anyway.

Level cap still 59. Lysandre is a dick. I hope I can got this. Should I use Gyarados Dragon Dance shenanigans for his final form?
>>
>>33179849
well that was easy. Guess it's time to prepare for the Friendship Bridge of Death.
>>
Badge 2 get! After the near-wipe that was the Furfrou trainers, I am back. Luvdisc was... ah.. underwhelming? But she got the job done against Grant's Amaura. She died to Tyrunt, however, and the Tyrunt v Tyrunt showdown was on. Spammed Charm to make it easy, and a rouge critical dropped Tiny to 2 hp. Thankfully recovered, and onto the next challenge.
>>
File: Badge2_Y.png (576KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Badge2_Y.png
576KB, 1552x1015px
>>33180131
>No image
>>
File: progress5.png (528KB, 2034x872px) Image search: [Google]
progress5.png
528KB, 2034x872px
>>33172668
Finished Nugget bridge, routes 24 and 25.
Caught Lannister at route 24 then remembered I'm playing Yellow. The dude giving a Charmander actually game me Mormont (luckily I had forgotten).

Now I will fight Misty's trainee and decide who will be grinded into lv 21 to confront her.
>>
File: generic oras.png (66KB, 625x534px) Image search: [Google]
generic oras.png
66KB, 625x534px
welp, rip volbeat. stupid critical waterfall from seaking. I'm right in front of Winona's gym, who should I add to the team?
>>
I recently decided to do a nuzlocke of OR. Not even at the first gym yet, but I'm having fun with my team. My zigzagoon keeps finding potions and shit, even found me an ultra ball once.
>>
File: generic oras.png (76KB, 624x534px) Image search: [Google]
generic oras.png
76KB, 624x534px
At Slateport City for plot stuff. Winona was a bit interesting, particularly her Altaria, but my team was able to power through. Bergmite was added to my team at Mt. Pyre, and hasn't really done much. Here's hoping everything works out.
>>
Don't let the thread die
>>
>>33182662
okay
>>
>>33182662
it's almost to bump limit anyway. Maybe we should just have some menial conversation while we wait for it to hit limit and die? Start with an exciting, new thread with a provocative OP image?
>>
>>33183817
>>33183817
>>33183817
new thread
>>
>>33182662
Dead
Thread posts: 310
Thread images: 91

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.