[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you feel Pokémon as a series needs the most? I'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 0ctjdojworly.jpg (931KB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
0ctjdojworly.jpg
931KB, 4032x3024px
What do you feel Pokémon as a series needs the most?

I'd like larger and more complicated areas, more akin to true JRPGs like Dragon Quest.
>>
>>33113148
It needs a dating system that allows me to mingle with Pokégirls.
>>
>>33113171
Harvest Moon is rated E, they could put in an innocent dating system honestly.
>>
>>33113148
Not so shitty developers and fanbase
>>
File: IMG_1773.jpg (54KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1773.jpg
54KB, 470x470px
>>33113148
They need to quit trying to be quirky and tell an enticing story and get back to the sense of mystery and wonder that the earlier games bought by teasing small little mysteries and blowing the player's mind when they find something wonderful behind it all. Best early memories I had were catching the Unown alphabet, discovering Lugia at the bottom of whirlpool cave in Gold, finding Cresselia in DP while fetching a kid's medicine, but by far the best of them all was finding the Regis all on my own hidden around Hoenn, only to climax in discovering Regigigas at the bottom of Snowpoint Temple the immediate next games and finding out he was linked to transfering the Regis from Hoenn; I don't think I'll ever see that side quest that was barely mentioned ever match in Pokemon ever again.
It's been a downward spiral ever since BW tried to be quirky with its "truth/ideals" bullshit and S&M really dropped the ball on a totally nonsense story lacking in potential. Nintendo has a Zelda team, Intelligent Systems, and Monolith Soft to go full storyfag with, just let Pokemon be the fun little mysterious adventure game it was a couple years back, no Final Fantasy-esque filler caking the way.
More contests and secret bases would be nice, and maybe different ages and body types like Battle Revolution had for a more personal Pokemon adventure.
>>
Stop removing good features in an attempt to make older games seem more "unique"

Get rid of the updated rerelease/sequel nonsense and new features and changes as DLC
>>
>>33113198
Yep. This.
Every time they do something right they take two steps back in the next gen.

Also, worldwide events. None of this Japan-only bullshit.
>>
File: 1487916683166.jpg (46KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
1487916683166.jpg
46KB, 500x343px
>>33113237
I see alot of people these days complaining about Pokemon putting a large focus in the story instead of the gameplay, when the new games don't even a good story to begin with. Everything said in this post is accurate. We need a nice balance of a good story, a GOOD way of telling that story (not just with 10 hours of cutscenes) and good exploration and game features. If I were to add something else it would be cities and routes with a better sense of scale, sort of like what newer final fantasy games have been doing.
>>
File: 1500107593610.png (96KB, 350x414px) Image search: [Google]
1500107593610.png
96KB, 350x414px
>>33113374
While I agree with the majority of your post and the post you are referencing, I think the city scale may be a pipe dream anywhere but on the Switch. While the New 3DS is capable of handling quite a lot graphically, the games have to be designed so that they will at least function on the infinitely less optimized 2DS and regular 3DS as well, which severely limits what GameFreak is allowed to do with their games. This doesn't excuse their terrible story telling in recent entries, but it does place a handicap on what they can really do graphically with their own franchise. I know people bitch and moan about the 3DS losing support, but at this point it is being held down by it's retarded siblings and needs to be put to pasture for the good of the world. I'm look forward to the Switch title and hope it will be everything fans have been wanting this whole time.

So in essence I guess what I really want is for Pokemon to stop being chained to shitty handhelds.
>>
>>33113148
They need to cancel the upcoming games for this joke console, release a new actually portable one, and make new games there
>>
>>33113538
No
>>
>>33113538
>destroying Pokemon's chance at getting a mainline home release without sacrificing portability

fuck no
>>
>>33113538
Poorfag 3DScuck detected.
>>
>>33113538
>Oh no I got BTFO
>Well I will keep bitching so I don't look analy nuked

Get back to /v/
>>
>>33113506
>I'm look forward to the Switch title and hope it will be everything fans have been wanting this whole time.

I'm pretty excited about the Switch announcement too, but didn't they say that it was releasing next year already? I don't really see how in a 1 year period they can come up with a game to live up to everyone expectations. Maybe if they were to do a game like Colosseum or Gale of Darkness it could work. It would fix the city scale problem, seeing as how they didn't really need to work on multiple ones and the story could actually work from there, seeing as how both games actually have good yet simple stories. I don't really know, the more I think about it the more I want to see the mainline pokemon games canceled and more games like colosseum being made. Maybe the Switch game could deliver somehow
>>
>>33113559
>>33113571
>>33113573
>>33113581

lol triggered switchfags unite
>>
>>33113171
Yes.
>>
>>33113608
It's most likely begun development in 2015 when ishihara talked about Pokémon bank on the nx and switch devkits were sent out in 2015
>>
>>33113237
Black and White was probably the only time I tolerated the story, because it actually explored an interesting aspect of Pokemon - whether it's ethical to force Pokemon to fight each other. Reminds me of the old days during Pokemania when people accused Pokemon of being a cock fighting simulator.

All the other 'plots' are just low quality trash, and for the same reasons I preferred playing Gen I/II.
>>
>>33113187
Man, I wish we got a pokemon farm game where you play as a farmer/breeder and raise some pokemon along with your farm.
>>
File: IMG_2663.jpg (99KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2663.jpg
99KB, 500x381px
>>33113187
>>33116822
For the longest time, I've wanted to see a Pokemon Harvest Moon, or rather Story of Seasons now, because it'd just fit inside the Pokemon atmosphere real well.
>play as Pokemon farmer, either boy or girl
>tasked by a Xerneas with farming and battling an evil team to bring prosperity back to the land
>get a pool from like 8 or so Partner Pokemon to start your farm life and journey with
>can go into different environments to catch more Pokemon to help or breed more Pokemon for that purpose
>have to fight Legends that represent nature aspects & seasons in the story - Articuno, Entei, Shaymin, Solgaleo, Lunala, final boss Yveltal, etc.
>can catch unrelated Legends in secret subquests to be farmhands, Registeel, Keldeo, Deoxys, Darkrai, etc.
>spend days not battling by farming & breeding berries, fruits, veggies, Pokemon Eggs, or entering in Pokemon contests and town festivals
>can build relationships with citizens of the town you reside in and can eventually get married and have a child
>bachelors include: fellow farmer, professor-in-training, musician, fisherman, restaurant owner
>bachelorettes include: other fellow farmer, town doctor, contest idoru, battle girl, flower shop owner
>can marry the male or female admin of the evil team after the story concludes, depending on gender
>go through different events to learn about the backstories of each character, even ones you can't marry
>link with friends either locally or online to battle, compete in contests, or just visit each other's farms & families
Of course, they'd have to dance around some issues, such as death and disease, things very common to Marvelous' farming games, it wouldn't exactly sit well with the audience I feel if their Greninja got sick one day and dropped dead because they couldn't afford the medicine, but I feel not including it in some form might upset the SoS audience who enjoy the realism and strategy aspects of fighting death off their farms.
>>
>>33116822
>>33117214
This would be a lovely spin off to replace Ranger now Nintendo does not use the touch screen as much
>>
>>33113506
>This doesn't excuse their terrible story telling in recent entries
>recent entries
When sun and moon is the only decent.
Wtf?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.