[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your opinion about this type >lore/flavor wise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

What is your opinion about this type
>lore/flavor wise
>gameplay wise
>>
mmm i wonder what fairy flavor tastes like
>>
File: IMG_0293.jpg (161KB, 642x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0293.jpg
161KB, 642x1200px
>>33110805
Obviously
>>
>>33110799
>Lore wise
I like it, it definitely adds a new lease of life on mons like Wigglytuff and Granbull. I struggle to see the difference in flavour between Fairy and Psychic however. I try to see Fairy as like a "Woodland guardian" and Psychic as "Bender of light and space"

>Gameplay
Finally, Poison isn't completely useless!
>>
>>33110799
I think it's cool that the fey is getting some more exposure through Pokemon.

The type itself can be defined as playful and whimsical, and pretty much encompasses Mythical creatures that don't fall under Ghost's paranormal vibe or Psychic's "astral vision wooo" vibe.

I don't feel like many of the original fairies were very fairy-like though. Most of them were just retyped cutemons, with Whimsicott, Klefki, and Mawile as the more traditional mischief-making exceptions. I feel like Gen VII did a much better job at making fairies, especially with Mimikyu and the Tapu. The Tapu are pretty much the asshole nature spirits you'd expect them to be.
>>
File: IMG_5130.png (266KB, 1554x1039px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5130.png
266KB, 1554x1039px
>>33110799

Gave us a few sexy Pokemon like pic related, but I hate everything else about it.
>>
>>33110824
Oh and gameplay wise? I like how they buffed Poison, one of my favorite types. And I like how they took Dragonfags down a notch.

I don't like how they nerfed Bug and Ice though, nor do I appreciate how Steel has become the new competitive cancer with this type's arrival.
>>
>>33110799
Lore wise its a pretty cool type. I like a lot of fairy pokemon. Gameplay wise it is the most retarded thing ever. Honestly GameFreak was so paranoid about the so called "best" type that they tried to make a type to stop it. They failed miserably and instead made a type that merely replaces it and is more broken now than dragon ever was.
>>
>>33110816
Fairy is less about powers and more about creature type, like Dragon and Bug. Like D&D has dragon, vermin (essential Bug) and fey monster categories (among others).
>>
File: 1499509124864.png (417KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1499509124864.png
417KB, 800x450px
It's shit and they never should have made it. Just make dragons weak to poison and steel instead. This shit is cancer.
>>
I like it
>>
>>33110856
>Destroyed by fairies the very next gen
>Pangoro is the superior Dark/Fighting type in the singles metagame, and learns Parting Shot, Gunk Shot, and Burrito Punch
Scrafty got cucked HARD
>>
File: best.jpg (68KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
best.jpg
68KB, 800x600px
Every Pokemon that turned into Fairy types were my favorite pokemon. Most of the new Fairy types are my new favorites. Easy choice.
>>
>>33110799
It's hated way too much by insecure teenage boys who are afraid of the color pink. I like a lot and it's one of my favorite types.
>>
>>33110799
It's cool in some ways and stupid in others

I like the fae aesthetic, but not the cutesy aesthetic, I wish we could get a physical move called "smite" or "starfall" or something else with a suitable fae aesthetic rather than just "play rough"

Also, it's type matchups are fucked up, the bug resistance makes no sense and I can not figure out why it hits fighting super effectively
>>
>>33111059
> I can not figure out why it hits fighting super effectively
It symbolizes fall of traditional masculinity and men values before homosexuality and faggotry in the western world.
>>
File: DAVdILLVoAAm0vj[1].jpg (90KB, 1063x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DAVdILLVoAAm0vj[1].jpg
90KB, 1063x1200px
>>33110799
No complaints here. Fairy was already an egg group. so it feels like a natural addition. Lore varies from species to species, so I'm not really too concerned about it as a whole aside from stuff like "why did this remain undiscovered/why did retconned pokemon not have these properties before?"

Immunity to dragon instead of resistance is the one part I'm not quite as behind as the rest of its properties. Otherwise, it gave pokemon a reason to use Poison and Steel moves besides STAB, made the two of them more worthwhile than just being damage sponging types, and gave dragons a necessary nerf.

Generally, ice types were not able to stand up to dragon types. Most of them would just get obliterated either on switch in or by a coverage move like Flamethrower or Rock Slide. This usually resulted in going into your own dragon and the faster one wrecking the other one with Outrage or the like. In-game, it makes sense that dragons are so powerful because they're so hard to obtain, but in multiplayer where that's not a factor, dragons had no right being as powerful as they were generally. Name a bad dragon type and there were probably more examples of pokemon worse off in nearly every type. Fire got a key resistance, which it needed because of how many weaknesses it has. Fighting's weakness is debatable on whether it was necessary, but fighting types aren't hurting like fairy haters make it out to be. The majority of them have stuff like Bullet Punch and Poison Jab, and even then, most get Knock Off, which pairs perfectly with Fighting STAB, something only fairies could have dealt with. With Steel no longer resisting Dark(which didn't really make sense since Steel doesn't really have any relation to darkness or evil and ghosts could just pass through walls unimpeded, many of which have steel in them), fighting types could just knock off and use STAB even more freely than they do now. Bug resistance is weird, but there's so many poison/bug types that it's no biggie.
>>
>>33110799
Wish there was more variety and took more inspiration from trickster fairy lore, but I like what we've got so far.
>>
File: 2f7.jpg (94KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
2f7.jpg
94KB, 601x508px
>>33111262
>Fairy was already an egg group. so it feels like a natural addition.

S-sure... where is Monster-type GameFreak? For me it feels like a n-natural addition.
>>
>>33110799
The type has potential lore wise. But it seems all we got so far is 'cutesy' Pokémon from this type.

Gameplay wise it just made the type matchups much worse in my opinion. I mean yeah, let's buff fire and steel for the heck of it, and nerf ice even more! I hope GF's honeymoon with this type ends so that it can, too have a nerf one day.
>>
>>33111311
yah man where's my Mineral type and Amorphous and Human-Like and Undiscovered and
>>
File: 2bd[1].png (64KB, 209x311px) Image search: [Google]
2bd[1].png
64KB, 209x311px
>>33111311
>>33111736
Yeah, it's almost like they've taken stuff from the TCG and made them moves and abilities, too. Man, GameFreak's never adapted mechanics from other areas of pokemon before.

Also, they're all literally called Pocket MONSTERS. That's not the same as, say, Granbull, the FAIRY pokemon or CleFAIRY.
>>
>>33111014
>It's hated way too much by insecure teenage boys who are afraid of the color pink.
This, but you can't deny that GF should delve more into the mythological aspect of the face. Mimikyu, Xerneas, Mawile, and the Tapus are a step on the right direction
>>
>>33110799
Poorly defined (though better than dark), easily the worst designs of the 18 types (though gen 7 was an improvement) and almost as overpowered as steel. Probably the worst addition to pokemon.
>>
I dont mind it but they shouldn't resist and hit fighting types SE. It's overkill. Drop one of the advantages and I'm more than cool with it
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.