[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Genuinely wondering, why does everyone here seemingly hate ORAS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10

File: randomshitleaks.jpg (186KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
randomshitleaks.jpg
186KB, 1280x720px
Genuinely wondering, why does everyone here seemingly hate ORAS and Sun/Moon? I get the XY hate, those games just felt kinda samey, but ORAS is just Ruby/Sapphire with updated graphics minus the battle frontier and Sun/Moon did a lot ot mix up the formula. I see a lot of people say "Sun and Moon were shit" like it's a fact that everyone agrees with but I'm not really sure why. What didn't you like about them? Pic unrelated.
>>
Besides battle frontier. Oras was good games

Sun and moon were shit. X and y were better
>>
Everyone does agree with it. Shit and Poo were the Other M tier blunders that killed off the series for good. Pokemon is like Sonic now, the only fanbase left is furfag degenerates.
>>
I don't hate SM but the main story feels like you're playing on rails because of the cutscene frequency and region design.
>>
>>33105727
ORAS hate comes from missed potential, such as the lack of a Battle Frontier and the completely gimped Safari Zone. On top of that, they added in a lot of unnecessary roadblocks, ruined Granite Cave, and bogged down several story moments by adding in full cutscenes that just dragged on. Still excellent, in my humble opinion, but I personally prefer the original Ruby and Sapphire just for the more open nature of Hoenn and the faster progression. Also, fuck them for completely ruining Mauville. Used to be the comfiest town in the region.

Sun and Moon are excellent for a first playthrough, but with a similar setup to XY but with a smaller Dex, and with the excess of unskippable cutscenes, it's a real slog to replay. On top of that, the skimpy postgame, including a complete lack of a National Dex, greatly reduces what you can do on even your main cartridge.

It's not that either are bad pairs of games, but their flaws really stand out when compared to what's come before.
>>
>>33105742
But why are they shit?
>>
>>33105742
I can't wait until Gen 8 launches on the Switch and people say that SM were better games.
>>
File: lel.png (144KB, 1919x492px) Image search: [Google]
lel.png
144KB, 1919x492px
>>33105860
Competent games shouldn't set the 3DS on fire when there's a whopping 2 models on screen.

Can't say the fucking same for Shit and Poo. Thanks for beta testing, cucks! Remember, you do it for free ;^)
>>
File: 1483155414771.jpg (13KB, 230x208px) Image search: [Google]
1483155414771.jpg
13KB, 230x208px
>>33105747
>>33105886
Stop samefagging. Seriously. It's getting sad.
>>
>>33105903
>>
>>33105742
This is the only correct opinion
>>
File: orasproblems.png (228KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
orasproblems.png
228KB, 893x1200px
XY was better than ORAS. At least XY had new content going for it. ORAS is a rehash yet it's still shit.
>>
>>33105883
Except nobody defends Shit and Poo anymore because they're Other M tier disasters and everyone sees it.

Shitch games just would be icing on the shit cake and a failure just like everything else on Shitch. The final nail on the coffin for this rotting corpse of a series.
>>
>>33105883
Aslong the switch game has little frame rate issues with upgrade in power and no more 240p. That alone will make it better
>>
>>33105918
Oras had new content from ruby and sapphire
>>
>>33105934
Barely. And it still had LESS content than Emerald.
>>
>>33105938
Emerald had dexnav and mega evolutions?!
>>
>>33105934
OrASS cut content from RS.

Face it, Nu-Gamefreak are a bunch of hacks that are finally getting their just desserts. They're being BTFO by every competent dev and their sales are plummeting every year.
>>
>>33105919
I'm not a big fan of switch at all. That being said you sound like a bitter sack of shit. Let the fucking game come out first damn
>>
File: 1500344385909.jpg (85KB, 900x910px) Image search: [Google]
1500344385909.jpg
85KB, 900x910px
>>33105860
The after game was even worse than XY. Battle Tree is cool, I guess. But in game training has been absolutely decimated since they got rid of super training.

Levelling to 100 is harder without the Blissey forts or any quick method or high level opponents to grind with. Also, the only way to get rid of EVs is to collect like a million berries over several days, when with the Gen 6 you just had to get a reset bag. The loss of easy hoard battles and Dex Nav also adds insult to injury for no reason. And Battle Festival or whatever is a total abortion.

I liked my first time playing through SM, but repeat runs are grating and there so much nothing to do in the after game.

At this point, I'm kinda glad most Alola mons suck because I can just train mons in ORAS and port them up whenever.
>>
>>33105966
>mfw Shitchtards said the same thing about Arms and Splatoon 84
KEK
>>
ORAS has a lot more things missing from RSE or changed for arguably the worse than just no Frontier, I'm not surprised you failed to notice that though if you think SM actually did anything that meaningfully mixed up the formula.

Though most SM hate, regardless of whether the games are actually shit or not, is just memetic shitposting.
>>
>>33105727
ORAS felt like an inferior version of RS to me. Catching the other region Legendaries was made in the laziest way possible. The game was easier than RS (even without EXP Share and Amie), and RS was easier than Emerald, so do the math. They tried to make a "deeper" narrative, but they fucked up by filling it with bs (example, the long ass cutscene after catching Groudon/Kyogre... try soft reseting for a good nature in that one).
The Delta Episode was the worst postgame mission in the entirity of the series, and it mostly felt like a way of saying "No battle Frontier because we are too lazy, pls don't hate us". The Battle Maison is the most boring postgame facility in the series, and they brougth it again. ¿Remember when in RS you could skip certain gyms for latter? Not anymore. Probably the best thing about ORAS was the battle music.

I always recommend the remakes over the originals, but in this case, I advice everyone to STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM ORAS

SM were harder than both 6th gen games, but still didn't felt that challenging. The distribution of the Pokemon is complete ass, and once again, Gamefreak doesn't know how to tell a story.
SM is a decent story, with good characters, but ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE excecution

Remember the "Show, Don't Tell" thing? GF doesn't
>>
>>33105772
Know what other games had no Battle Frontier and no Safari Zone at all? B2W2
>>
>>33106329
They had PTW which was more than enough to make up for that.
>>
>>33106355
*PWT
>>
>>33106355
so, the recipe to make a game from 4/10 to 9/10 is just to have the PTW?, woah...
somehow i bet people would still shit on USM even if it included PTW, right until a new game that doesn't met the bar get's released years later
>>
>>33106378
it also had hard mode and had a new story that isn't recycling old material
>>
>>33105903
I like the Necrozmaposting. Necrozma should stop all the kids crying about SM
>>
>>33106389
>>33106378
>>33106355
>>33106329
Don't you niggers forget Black tower/White tree hollow
>>
>>33106355
Oh man, PWT was amazing, I clapped when I saw Whitney and she said two lines I don't even remember
>>
>>33105727
Most posters on this board are Sinnohkids and Unovabortions, and are at that age where they hate everything different from what they have nostalgia for. Once you understand this basic fact 99% of the oddities on this board become clear.
>>
File: 1449108266731.jpg (225KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1449108266731.jpg
225KB, 500x500px
>>33105727
>ORAS is just Ruby/Sapphire with updated graphics minus the battle frontier

anon, r/s didn't have BF...

also, i enjoyed the crap out of ORAS. i hadn't played a pokyman game since soul silver.
>>
>>33105956
No but it has BF which is far more content than either of those things. DexNav is the most overrated piece of shit and people keep acting like it's the best feature ever when it's not even as good as the PSS.
>>
File: Raeta.png (2MB, 4400x1616px) Image search: [Google]
Raeta.png
2MB, 4400x1616px
>>33105918
Hello Fag :>)
>>
>>33105918
ORAS is objectively the best remake.
>>
>>33106701
FR/LG first, HG/SS second.
>>
>>33105727
>and Sun/Moon did a lot ot mix up the formula.
Different doesn't mean good. Trials were absolute bottom tier garbage and worse than gyms in every conceivable way.
>>
>>33106648
>DexNav is the most overrated piece of shit
Oh fuck you. Fuck you hard. DexNav is something that should be standard in Pokemon games now and forever. I'm still salted as fuck that SunMoo got rid of it.
>>
>>33105727
>ORAS is just Ruby/Sapphire with updated graphics minus the battle frontier

RS didn't even have the battle frontier, that was emerald.

admittedly, it should've been in, but as a comparison, it's just an updated RS
>>
>>33106751

Agreed. Getting egg moves on 1st run mons was top fucking tier.
>>
>>33107249
my b
>>
>>33105966
He's a /v/ermin, don't respond to anything he says.
>>
>>33106521
White Treehollow was the best.
>>
>>33105742
shit taste
>>
None really hates ANY game. It's just that vp is full of underage faggots that believe that the way to be cool kids it's to hate everything. It's normal.
I do, however, have many problem with the 3DS generations:
>XY barren region, bad plot, lack of post game (all of these are regular problems for first entries but XY had no third version / sequels to save them)
>ORAS only remakes that actually cut stuff over the original release
>SM severe lack of replayability, usual problems of first entries
>>
>>33107715
I really do dislike BW.
>>
>>33106751
It's literally just breeding but worse. Nobody cares about DexNav except casuals.
>>
File: hgssvsoras.png (738KB, 1092x1610px) Image search: [Google]
hgssvsoras.png
738KB, 1092x1610px
>>33106701
No it's not.
>>
>>33105727
The people here are all mixes of retarded, autistic, and underage and don't understand XY onward are fun games because Pokémon is the only thing they play so they don't have any other reference point to compare it to.
>>
>>33107728
As >>33107282 said - it meant you didn’t have to wait until you could reasonably start breeding to get Pokémon with good moves.
>>
>>33107798
>it's good because it lets me make an easy game even easier!

Wow great feature
>>
>>33107732
>we opted to cut extremely well-received content from the games because people can just play mobile games instead

The fact that Masuda allowed to say this in a PRESS INTERVIEW speaks volumes of Game Freak's current priorities.
>>
>>33105727
Sun/Moon? Generally cutscene whiners and region haters (I agree the region is a giant missed opportunity but the games are definitely not the worst in the series, nor terrible enough to blatantly hate)

ORAS? Cause again, giant missed opportunity- cutting out cool features and not incorporating emerald into the remakes like hgss did with crystal. The games were not bad, they added some cool things and improved RS, but so far, they're the arguably worst remake out there because even frlg added an entire island chain with sidequests to explore after your adventure

All that said, I hate neither of those games and still deem them better than xy or kanto
>>
I don't know i liked SM but i'm a bit tired of defending it on /vp/.

Sometimes I think that is a very childish hate, people do not even accept that it has good soundtrack or characters with charisma. If they hate SM, they hate everything about it.

But meh, /vp/ is a shithole where people is capable to say that Bw2 has good story so...
>>
>>33105747
Other M is good, retarded tasteless piece of shit
>>
>>33107944
F a m, don't bother, he's a /v/ermin that likes to shit on everything. If you see his posts, ignore him.
>>
>>33105972
Que te follen
>>
oh for fucks sake, can people stop using the "lack of BF" as a legit disappointment with ORAS?

like I've said multiple times before ORAS came out: if you expected those games to include a full Battle Frontier, you're either stupid or a kid

developing a Battle Frontier is a viable option when they're making a "special version" of an ALREADY EXISTING GAME, that otherwise doesn't add much besides slapping a different legendary on the box (Emerald, Platinum). What sane person that is even remotely familiar with releases in this franchise would in all seriousness expect GF to remake RS into gen6 and make a battle frontier on top of that? I refuse to believe people are this stupid.

But speaking of special versions, USUM is the best chance for anything as noteworthy as a battle frontier to be added since Platinum. Everything else that happened in between was taking up all of its development time with the main game.
>>
>>33107892
>"cutting out cool features and not incorporating emerald into the remakes like hgss did with crystal"

>comparing the changes and additions of crystal to the changes and additions of emerald

wat
>>
>>33107974
there's nothing wrong with comparing them. If they took things from the 3rd version of GS they should do the same with RS. If it's too much for them they shouldn't be doing remakes to begin with.
>>
>>33107974
see>- >>33107995

Hell, they even took out the berry blender minigame. Was that too hard for kids nowadays too?
>>
>>33107995

didn't say it's wrong to compare.

the point was that crystals addition are utterly minor compared to what emerald added.

emerald was the first special version game that actually felt like it took time to make. so in the case of ORAS, they should have either also remade Emerald to follow it up, or went with RSE-sequels, rather than remaking pure RS.
>>
>>33108116
Or they could have just not been hacks and just included Emerald content.

Again, they shouldn't be doing remakes in the first place if they can't even include the content from the third version.
>>
>>33108116
you can still include features from the 3rd version, even if not all of them . Including absolutely nothing and not making up for that fact is simply bad
>>
>>33108125
>>33108130

then they might as well include third version content in the initial 2 games anyway by that logic.

its just not how it works
>>
>>33105727
Battle frontier, no rematches, couldn't do skin tone customisation of player, and overall casualised (lower levels/mazes)

Otherwise it was a decent remake, and redeemed 6th gen for me.
Liked the secret bases, revamp of the evil teams, Sea Mauvile, Deoxys in space, DexNav.
>>
>>33106355
No it wasn't. You're just a faggot nostalgiacuck. The Frontier was so much more fun because there was so many things to do. PWT is literally just the Maison.
>>
>>33108172
if they did it for a remake, they can do it for another..they really have neither good reasons nor excuses. There is always a way without going all or nothing if the changes are too hard for them to work with
>>
>>33105727

I don't "hate" either of them, but they're some of my least favorite because 1) lack of post-game content and 2) Hoenn and Alola are the worst regions. I can't stand "sunny and tropical" regions, and we've gotten two of those in a row, now three with US/UM. I'm more than ready for a comfy mountainous region by now.

Pokemon X/Y, although it also had bad post-game, had a much nicer, comfier, seriously underrated region.
>>
>>33105914
I wait for this every time I see necrozmafag
>>
>>33108347
kys tripfag
>>
>>33105772
>Sun and Moon are excellent for a first playthrough

No they aren't.
>>
>>33105727
ORAS took out content and made the game easier. Sun and moon felt rushed and changes were made weridly. The fact that you run into the same 5 pokemon and most new ones had bad stats or useless ability felt like they wanted balance but didn't know how to do it right
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.