[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

>You are hired by GF and entrusted to save the franchise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: 96757a0318a41c097a69e1893cbd8f97.jpg (155KB, 564x1629px) Image search: [Google]
96757a0318a41c097a69e1893cbd8f97.jpg
155KB, 564x1629px
>You are hired by GF and entrusted to save the franchise

You can make the perfect entry to the series
What do you do /vp/?

>inb4 all regions
>>
Sell Pokémon to level 5
>>
Remake Red.
>>
>>33101347
He said perfect
>>
>>33101320
>have a move tutor that can teach every single move
>bring back PSS
>bring back Super Training
>have every pokemon be catchable in one save file without trading or injecting
>include ability to make very detailed customized rulesets (down to banning specific moves and items)
>include a post game that allows you to go to past regions to catch Pokemon, kind of like FE Echoes
>every pokemon has a unique animation for every move, like Pokemon Stadium
>60 fps
>1080p
>multiple save files
>a good story
>Emerald's Battle Frontier
>Contests
>Musicals
>Pokestar Studios
>PWT
>including a sex feature in Refresh
Did I miss anything
>>
>new region
>over 150 new Pokemon including megas, forms and cross gen evos
>fully realized 3d
>no enforced gym order open world with scaling wild mons and trainers
>remove transfering Pokemon
>streamlined breeding
>natures removed for "battle focuses" which function the same way but can be changed at will
>extremely interconnected region with a focus on problem solving and puzzles with multiple answers to several roadblocks
>deep customization options
>no proper evil team but instead each area has its own issues with corresponding "quests"
>E4 revamped to each have their own proper dungeon area
>detailed post game
>co-op mode
>scheduled story, clothing and event free DLC until the end of the generation
>game release when it's ready, no sooner
>>
>>33101421
this is perfect
>>
>>33101421
>>have every pokemon be catchable in one save file without trading or injecting
This is a terrible idea.
>>
>>33101320
Panic, realize I have no chance, and make an entire pokedex of pokemon I want to fuck. The region is based on greenland, so there are ice types just gotdamn everywhere. And starters? Fuck 'em. You start the game catching some random route 1 shitmon safari zone style.

Story's all backwards too. You're an accomplished trainer from another region, and you arrive in this new region for a harsher challenge. But some fucker steals your pokemon. Turns out that fucker's the local league champion, and he was trying to take you out before you got to knock him off his throne. So you fight your way up the ladder and take him down, earning back pokemon that were stolen from you at the start along the way in encounters with the evil organization (that the champion happens to head).

HMs are back, but they're totally different. They're a fixed-in-place object found at the beginning of optional challenge-dungeons that let you give one of your pokemon the appropriate move for that dungeon, and replaces it with the move you used to have in that slot when you leave the dungeon. There's 1 dungeon for each type, ending in a reward of that type's plate, Z-crystal, damage boost item, and a TM of that type.
>>
File: image.png (139KB, 900x504px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
139KB, 900x504px
>>33101320
>image doesn't even bother featuring unovashit starters
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>>
>>33101421
I like everything but catching everything on one save file, Pokemon was built on not being able to catch it all on one version so that you'd trade with friends or talk to strangers to get it.
>>
>>33101483
doesn't have kanto starters either.
>>
>>33101510
Damage control. Pikachu is a Kanto starter.
>>
>>33101535
lmao thats stetching it. wouldn't axew also be a starter then?
>>
>>33101562
There's no Pokémon Axew Version, so kys and stop polluting our board, unovabortion.
>>
i just make an animal crossing like pokemon

basically what could have made game freak with ORAS by allowing trainer custom with secret bases + adding battle frontier

but enhanced
>>
>>33101576
some people can really get upset over a game for children. grow up anon.
>>
>>33101595
Some people want to discuss games without underaged reddit summercucks like you trying to fuck our threads up by dicksucking the widely agreed worst generation.
>>
File: 1458447365355.gif (484KB, 360x288px) Image search: [Google]
1458447365355.gif
484KB, 360x288px
>>33101438
>natures removed for "battle focuses" which function the same way but can be changed at will
I never realized how badly I want this until now
>>
>While people complained about Gen IV having only a few totally new Pokemon lines, part of its appeal was that it revived interest in old Pokemon that received new evolutions. We are in desperate need of such a "catch up" generation. I would have at least 20 evolutionary additions to previous Pokemon lines (focusing on Gens IV thru VII), at least 20 new Megas (focusing on Gens V thru VII, Gen II starters also get their Megas), and 10 regional variants (focusing on Gen II)
> Now there are no longer Mega Stones for individual species, but they are incredibly rare, like Master Balls. You are guaranteed to get at least one
> 80 new Pokemon in totally new lines
> At least 3 save files
> 4 difficulty modes available immediately, Easy, Medium, Hard, and Daredevil, which emulates aspects of the Nuzlocke challenge.
> Pokemon Refresh, but with Amie-esque minigame to make harvesting basic PokeBeans easier
> Region's big city is more like a mini region, with multiple parts and wild and stray Pokemon to catch
> Ride Pager
> Change fishing to be more like Animal Crossing's mechanics
> Super and Hyper Training
> PPS System
> DexNav
> Return of Dive areas
> Soaring, with places only accessible by doing so
> Gyms built around themes and battle strategies, not Pokemon types
> Succinct intro and tutorials, with the option to skip any tutorial
> A substantial amount of optional sidequests to flesh out the NPCs of the game
> Improving the frame rate to be constantly 60 frames / sec
> Expansive post-game battle facility with multiple attractions.
> Some peoples' desire to go back to all parts of all previous regions is horribly impractical. But what about visiting the highlights of all previous regions? In my game, the player would be able to visit and catch wild Pokemon in an expanded Viridian Forest, the Bell Tower, Mossdeep City, Mt. Coronet, Dragonspiral Tower, Lumiose City, and Wela Volcano Park
> Substantial and reasonably priced DLC distributed for two years after release
>>
>>33101320
- The region is Fiore in a parallel universe in which Poké Balls exists, and with all Pokémon from Gen 4, 5, 6, and 7 added.
- The previously Pokémon Rangers are Trial Captains that challenge you right after compleying their trials, with some even having their signature Pokémon changed.
- The Challenges are like a Safari Zone, but this one has a timer instead of counting your steps.
- The ruins have wild fully evolved Pokémon like Pokémon Ranger.
- Here also the cities and towns have more overworld Pokémon than in the main series.
- The League is near the Go-Rock Headquarters, so there's not Victory Road, but instead defeating them and having to cross the mountains with strong Pokémon and gard puzzles.
- Champion is Prof. Kukui, Woo!
>>
>Over 100 new pokemon.
>At least 10 additions to old lines
>Some new megas
>People don't shower you with key items like in recent games. You have to earn them through exploration or pokedex filling like old times

>Your rival is not your cheerleader.
>Rival is actually tough and treats you like an enemy
>Bad guys not about world domination or some supid world destroying agenda
>Bad guys like team rocket are mostly about profit but as the story progresses you realize they are not all bad.
>Many bad guys are forced to go down that road and the team leader takes in these kids and gives them guidance
>Your rival actually joins them at some point and defeating him the organization disperses everyone realizing they went too far
>Good job you did something real anon

>Gym leaders are not overly epic like in 5 and 6
>They are instead reminicent of 1-3 gen in the way that they are just good trainers that are prominent in their communities

>Many areas to explore that you dont HAVE to but if you do get rare pokemon and key items like EXP share.
>Super training is must
>DexNav
>Breeding available in mid-game
>>
>>33101421
>spoiler
...and fired
>>
>>33101421
>Contests
>Musicals
>Pokestar Studios

What if you could only choose one?
>>
>>33102566
The musicals. They were fun and goofy.
>>
Fuck that I'm just gonna make the Z I always wanted in the exact way I wanted it
>>
File: nice.gif (494KB, 400x214px) Image search: [Google]
nice.gif
494KB, 400x214px
>>33102237
You're alright, anon

Not sure what you mean about gym leaders in 5 and 6 being "overly epic," especially since they didn't do shit in 6.
>>
>>33102578
yeah, but they should grant ribbons too
>>
>>33101320
>>You are hired by GF and entrusted to save the franchise
Anyone on this board would kill the series, not save it.
>>33101610
Unova bashing is an old meme, Youngling. It's about time you kids take your stupid asses back to school.
>>
>>33101826
Best post so far.
>>
>>33101326
Fpbp
>>
>>33101476
i can only agree with paragraph #2 and nothing else
>>
>>33101484
>trade with friends
must be nice having friends that have a ds AND the version thats opposite to yours hun ?
>>
Sell Pokemon to EA and never come back
>>
>>33101421
>every pokemon has a unique animation for every move, like Pokemon Stadium
That wasn't a thing. Take off the nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>33103534
Really? Oh, I thought it was for some reason
>>
>>33103561
Oh, okay. Sorry for flying off the handle, but nope, each Pokemon just had a few animations, in exactly the same manner as gen 6. Some physical animations, some special animations.
>>
>>33101438
I was going to post my own, but god damn, I like this more.
>>
>>33101666
I had a crush on that moon when I was small child
>>
>>33102149
Best po-
>spoiler
Worst post.
In all seriousness, though, this is a fantastic idea. I loved Ranger.
>>
>>33102149
It should be Masked Royal, Kukui is shit but Royal, now that's a champ
>>
>Day/night cycle + seasons
>Unique music for every location, varies with the seasons and time of day
>OPTIONAL walking Pokémon
>Easy/Normal/Challenge Modes, now with more conditions for challenge mode (ie. same number of Pokémon as Gym Leader)
>Go back to Gyms
>Special trainer rematches with improved teams of five to six Pokémon
>Return of the Pokémon World Tournament, now with online multiplayer
>Make sure that the middle ones can be done in any order
>Some side routes off the beaten path and occasional mini dungeons
>Ride Pokémon replacement with context-sensitive items
>Some side areas can only be accessed by backtracking later on when you have new field abilities
>No actual story blockades in the game, but story is there and must be done in a specific order
>Battles that would normally progress the plot now scale up to a point
>The regional Pokédex contains around 200 Pokémon, about 100 of which are new, and the National Pokédex is post-game
>Poké Radar in the post-game
>Outbreaks in the post-game
>Diving returns and functions with the above
>Large new area similar to the Battle Zone or Kanto in the post-game
>Make the region based on somewhere in Japan again (combine Tohoku with the northern part of Chubu and the bottom corner of Hokkaido; southern Sinnoh meets northern Kanto and Johto)
>Make the region feel steeped in history and culture in the lore and locations
>VS Seeker returns, combine with PokéGear function of calling specific people and learning when their team has upgraded
>Some big new Battle Frontier-like area post-game
>Give EVERY settlement some reasons to go back to like contests, the Pokéathlon, a department store, a Game Corner, etc. Don't make them one stop trips

I'm not asking for huge new changes (minus the story freedom), just bring back what works with the obligatory new stuff
>>
>>33104786
This.
>>
>>33101438
>>remove transfering Pokemon
Everything but this
Transferring should be a post game feature
Maybe add a game corner that lets you play mini games for TMs and evolution stones
>>
>>33103502
mfw the next generation is released over a series of two-dozen microtransactions.
>>
>>33101320
Red and Blue MMO remake with all regions but only with the original 150
>>
>>33102237
As far as bad guys and story go, I'd meet you halfway. My original hope for Sun and Moon was something like two 'factions', one being a bunch of Progressives that want Alola to be brought up to speed with all the other regions and the other being, for lack of a better word, Traditionalists that value Alola for what it is and the customs they've established. Maybe the Progressives become increasingly dismissive and disrespectful of Alolan culture and the Traditionalists become increasingly xenophobic throughout the game. I don't mind the large scale stories, but they need more flare and originality than 'use Legendary Pokemon X to conquer/destroy everything'.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.