[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will USUM be the best game in the series considering how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: triforce.jpg (476KB, 1961x1709px) Image search: [Google]
triforce.jpg
476KB, 1961x1709px
Will USUM be the best game in the series considering how good S&M are?
>>
hes_going_all_out.jpg
>>
File: 1497392450363.jpg (34KB, 614x613px) Image search: [Google]
1497392450363.jpg
34KB, 614x613px
>>33099889

>Gen7
>good
>>
>>33099889
>gen 7
>in any kind of top ever
Is this falseflagging against people who like Emerald and HGSS? Because it isn't very subtle.
>>
>>33099889
I honestly think so. I think you would too if you took breaks from this place.
>>
So what's the actual holy trinity lads? I'm thinking

>Emerald
>HGSS
>B2W2

Although platinum seems to be a popular pick for one of those spots too
>>
>>33100776
Personally I didn't care much for either Plat or Emerald. Right now, despite how "meh" it was, I'd pick XY to be the third spot if I had to choose. Haven't finished Sun yet though so maybe I'll end up really liking it. But I'm expecting USM to be excellent if Takao Uno has taken it under his wing, and I'll be hoping it fills in the third wing of it for real.
>>
>>33099889
Pokemon Sun & Moon fucking sucked, worst mainline games ever.
>>
>>33100776
Depends on whether or not you want to count this place's opinions only or everyone who plays Pokemon. Most people did not like Platinum and B2W2 but loved HGSS. Emerald tends to vary, though I see it rated fairly high on most lists (though not at the top).
>>
>>33100776
it should be a quaternity
>Emerald
>HGSS
>B2W2
>Platinum
>>
File: 1480125384090.jpg (54KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1480125384090.jpg
54KB, 400x400px
>>33100776
From what I gather the trinity means new, innovative, and impactful conventions that will follow into newer pokemon games. As much as people like HGSS nothing it did was brought up in another pokemon game. Compare that to Emerald, which set the trend for post-game challenges of multiple battle strategies, i.e. the Maison still borrows from Emerald in the fact that there are multiple battle styles to participate in (just not as creative). Actually now that I think about it I might have to rethink that first sentence. Perhaps it's all that + the better version of the generation? Yeah, that makes more sense. So the 3rd gen introduced stuff like berries, natures, abilities, etc., and the better version is Emerald. Gen 5 gave us hidden abilities and streamlined breeding mechanics, and BW2 are the better versions. That would also make sense as to why Pt is often conflicted against HGSS, as they take place in the same generation and are distinct enough to not have a clear "winner" like with how Emerald is a superior RS and borrows from FRLG. And gen 6 didn't have a third game, so nobody ever considers that one in the trinity. So that's it, right? Trinity requirements are:
>introduced in a generation with innovative features
and
>improvement upon those features with a game at the end of a generation
This also explains (partially) why XY was so well-received and would "obviously have a third game". A new type and megas are the epitomes of new mechanics and people were itching to see these new things refined. And Crystal doesn't make it because even though it's a third game it didn't improve upon what was already given, just altered the story a bit.
>>
>>33101247
this
>>
>>33099889
You have psychiatrical problems if you dared putting in the same image Emerald, HGSS and those shit of SM.
>>
>>33100867
That sounds good
>>
>>33099889
Ya trying too hard pinhead
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.