[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There are three stages of discovery as a person plays Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: 1.png (714KB, 1566x881px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
714KB, 1566x881px
There are three stages of discovery as a person plays Pokemon

1. Discovering that there are Pokemon other than Pikachu

With the television show, the video game, card game, and comics featuring Pikachu as a protagonist, it is often a bit of an epiphany for a person to realize that they have a degree of freedom with their favorite Pokemon, even if they discover this immediately when they turn on the game or open a pack of cards. This epiphany is especially strong for younger players, since age-appropriate media almost uniformly features Pikachu, and it's a bit of a leap of brain processes when they realize that even though Nintendo wants them to like Pikachu, they can like something else instead.

For some people, realizing that they can like other Pokemon or even just like a bunch of Pokemon leads them towards exploring these options, and some people even end up preferring them. Pokemon allows a degree of freedom that other games don't provide, and being able to choose from a wide variety of creatures is appealing to many people.
>>
File: 2.png (898KB, 1174x881px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
898KB, 1174x881px
2. Discovering that Pikachu is the worst Pokemon

Most people find that anyone who likes Pikachu is inevitably some entry-level casual. They have one foot in Pokemon but they're not quite there; they're just fake fans that recognize the yellow mouse. Delving deeper could have unwanted consequences so it's safe to just like Pikachu.

With other Pokemon, you can like anything you like. Eevee, Charizard, etc. You can like something cute like Pikachu is or you can like something totally different.

Liking Pikachu is like broadcasting that you're just an entry-level Pokemon fan, so Pokemon fans don't like you, but people who like Pokemon also don't like you because they think you like Pokemon.
>>
File: 3.jpg (40KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
40KB, 1024x576px
3. Discovering that Pikachu is the best Pokemon

This is a discovery that not everyone makes. Countless people live and die without realizing the simplest of truths.

Pikachu isn't just appealing to people who don't actually like Pokemon; Pikachu represents everything that Pokemon is about. Liking Pikachu correlates perfectly with liking Pokemon. Pikachu is the face and representative of Pokemon. Pikachu isn't just something that is merely a marketing or advertisement tool; delving deeper into the series shows that Pikachu represents every aspect of the franchise and embodies what Pokemon has always stood for and will always stand for.
>>
File: However, I disagree..jpg (74KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
However, I disagree..jpg
74KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>33096743
Nobody cares.
>>
>>33096743
>>33096824
I care.
>>
>>33096851
And you're nobody.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.