[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Look on the bright side: maybe we'll get USUM news as a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: 1401823197273.jpg (67KB, 381x342px) Image search: [Google]
1401823197273.jpg
67KB, 381x342px
Look on the bright side: maybe we'll get USUM news as a collateral for the disaster that is the GO Fest.
>>
What happened in the Go fest thing?
>>
>>33094551
Everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong

Check Joe's twitter, you can hear the screams of pain of the people at the event in thos tweets
>>
File: masuda (2).png (236KB, 336x418px) Image search: [Google]
masuda (2).png
236KB, 336x418px
>>33094551
In summary
>no dedicated wi-fi which means everything in that tightly packed area went to shit in terms of connectivity
>Niantic's Servers shitting the bed as usual meant the raids couldn't even be done
>absolutely nothing was being accomplished, the waiting, heat and wasted money were getting to everyone who went there
>they offered $100 in Poke-Coins and a Ticket Refund as consolation, but people who bought said tickets from scalpers can't even get a Ticket Refund because it'd go to the scalper, not them
>everyone from Niantic who went up onstage got booed at, they were even throwing fucking water bottles
>Maximum Damage Control initiated by Niantic, everyone who attended gets a Lugia, some various shit and the aforementioned Refund + Coins, end result is met with the next Legendary to be released, Articuno
Basically, idiots who spent anywhere between hundreds to thousands to attend a shitty event for a Pokemon that they can't even place in Gyms when they would be better off staying home and hunting down more Meta Pokemon like Blissey and Dragonite.
As soon as this gets covered by bigger outlets, expect NoA to go into Damage Control and demand GameFreak and TPCi to give us some USUM news to save face for something they weren't even involved in, which Masuda might be inclined to agree with since he was there for that spectacular shitshow.
>>
>>33094754
Thank you for the summary Masuda poster.
>>
>>33094754
I never cared about GO but I feel bad about those who do. If this was a fans4fans event I could understand if they didn't have the resources, but how could an actual company fuck up so bad on something they themselves organised?
>>
File: IMG_1551.jpg (64KB, 512x503px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1551.jpg
64KB, 512x503px
>>33094754
This game should have stayed as a concept. It just shows how bad niantic as a company, but how they can't handle the influx of users
>>
no we bloody won't
>>
File: IMG_0779.jpg (68KB, 591x632px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0779.jpg
68KB, 591x632px
>>33094551
Where was it? I was outside most of the day
>>
File: 1446209633118.jpg (25KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
1446209633118.jpg
25KB, 500x337px
>>33094754
Oh God, I wish I could have seen this happening. Thanks for the summary.
>>
>>33094754
So basically the /vp/ equivalent of Tumblrcon?
>>
>>33095449
Dashcon. And yes.
>>
File: IMG_8903.jpg (162KB, 656x660px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8903.jpg
162KB, 656x660px
>>33095449
Well, where was this magical festival held?
>>
>>33094754
>no dedicated wi-fi
No need to read anything else. Niantic might be legit retarded.

>when they would be better off staying home and hunting down more Meta Pokemon like Blissey and Dragonite.
Or not playin Go at all.
>>
>>33094482
ahahah i hope so
>>
File: very shit.png (440KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
very shit.png
440KB, 640x480px
>USUM
>>
>>33094754
>As soon as this gets covered by bigger outlets, expect NoA to go into Damage Control and demand GameFreak and TPCi to give us some USUM news to save face for something they weren't even involved in
That'd make this shitfest worth it.
>>
>>33095521
>>no dedicated wi-fi
Even worse, it took them hours to tell people to stop using just cell service.

Which makes then AND the people going retarded beyond for belief for not realizing they were going to clog shit up.

Like really... How has no one there never realized you can only get so much data through an access point at a time meaning too many people using the service in the area was going to cause connection issues?
>>
>>33096868
>Calls others retarded
>Types a double negative
Anyone under 20 is just an idiot nowadays huh
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.