/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

From a competitive perspective, given today's power creeping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: 4.png (207KB, 552x503px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
207KB, 552x503px
From a competitive perspective, given today's power creeping meta, how good would these four actually be with a neutral ability?
>>
>>33088223
slaking, regigigas and archeops OU
golisopod UU
>>
power creep is a meme
>>
>>33088231
To be honest I don't actually see any of them as OU, really, except maybe Archeops, but that might even be a stretch. They all still have some pretty big cons even after removing their inhibiting ability. Like, Slaking and Regigigas have somewhat mediocre movepools, too. And Archeops is still quite frail, and only 110 base Speed.
>>
>>33088223
>tfw Kekking
>>
>>33088234
Power Creep is a demonstrable phenomenon present in nearly every medium with multiple iterations, and in games in particular (be it a card game or a video game) due to the competitive nature. It is hand-in-hand with spectacle creep, a similar phenomenon with making the newest addition to a series more incredible and boundary-breaking than the last.

Pokémon is victim to both to varying degrees.
>>
>>33088238
>Regigigas without slow start
>too bad for OU
you are as retarded as the faggots saying ash greninja would be shit because it doesnt have protean
>>
>>33088238
>only 110 base speed
>only
>ONLY
>>
File: 1498598956263.jpg (13KB, 246x164px) Image search: [Google]
1498598956263.jpg
13KB, 246x164px
>>33088328
>tfw Tapu Koko
>tfw Mega Swampert in rain
>tfw Weavile
>tfw Jolteon

>>33088294
>It's my opinion that it wouldn't be that great because of its movepool
>REEEEEE IKUZEEEEE
Feel free to tell me why you think it would be good. I personally don't think 160 base attack, Return, Drain Punch and ok bulk with a Normal typing is enough to make it OU.
>>
>>33088223
Realistic abilities for these guys:
Slaking- Stall
Regigigas- Clear Body
Archeops- Big Pecks
Golisopod is the best gimmick mon, wouldn't change.
>>
>>33088356
Slaking - Rested : Can act as normal during Rest Sleep.
Regigigas - Regiulate : Gains STAB on Ice, Rock and Steel moves
Archeops - Rock Head/Reckless - learns Double Edge, Wild Charge and Brave Bird
Golisopod - Wimp In : When your active Pokémon isn't Golisopod and gets put below 50% HP Golisopod switches in.
>>
>>33088405
That Goliaopod one makes it worse.
>>
>>33088238
>Only 110 base speed.
That makes it 25th fastest Pokemon in the game, speed tying threats like Latias, who it can run Crunch, Dragon Claw, or U-Turn against. Scarfed' Jolly Archeops is absolutely going to outspeed, and *obliterate* that timid soul dew SpA/Spe invested Draco meteor user, and do so with a SE move.
>>
>>33088231
>Archeops in OU
Nah. He's way too frail and doesn't have that much of an STAB moves to kill stuff in OU.
>>
>>33088335
Regigigas has access to the following movepool (usable moves)

Heavy Slam
Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch
Knock Off
Zen Headbutt
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Drain Punch
Superpower

Rock Polish
(Wide Guard)

It's 110/110/110 bulk is most decided above average making it virtually impossible to OHKO and 100 speed + rock polish ensures that even with an adamant set after a single setup it outspeed the entire meta while the aformentioned bulk ensures priority moves just tickle it

Knock off + Drain punch coming of a 160 attack stat (while being able to carry an item) also means stalling it is virtually impossible

Thanks to z-moves and it's immense moveset as well as stupidly high attack there would, effectively, be zero safe switchins to Regigigas, if it got clear body like the other regis not even Lando-T could switch into him and any Gigas set with more than minimum HP investment can tank all of it's z-moves
>>
>>33088238
>Slaking's movepool
>mediocre
jesus christ the retardation hurts
>>
>>33088434
:^}
>>
>>33088442
Head Smash as main STAB, EQ as coverage, Z-fly as flying type nuke and heat wave to wreck steel types that like to switch in (112 sp-atk)
>>
>>33088447
peh everyone knows the elemental punches are to weak
and seriously Slack off? what a joke who would ever use a recovery move
also Sucker punch? Thanks to the tapus nobody uses it
and seriously, Taunt? what kind of joke of a move is that
and Gunk Shot? Hah who uses poison moves
>>
>>33088223
Regigigas deserves to have a neutral ability considering how fucking hard it is to get (while much, much more powerful pokemon are far easier to obtain, but its speed would make it pretty crazy considering how good its other stats and its movepool are. Half its speed and it'd be good to go. Or, hell, just make Slow Start only effect speed. Then they don't even have to change its ability. Unfortunately, I doubt Game Freak would care enough to do that.

Also Golisopod's gimmick isn't bad, certainly not bad enough to warrant a change.
>>
>>33088223
Archeops with Rock Head would have been scary in Gen 5. Not sure about Gen 6 and 7, where everyone is super fast, super strong and has priority and so on.
>>
>>33088223
I'm not really into meta but I used regigigas on pokemon Diamond'battle tower facility and skill-swapped his slow start into my mismagius and gave him levitate and then skill swapped it into my opponents, Regigigas still kinda sucked desu
>>
>>33088541
well, the problem with that is you had to spend a turn skill swapping where you could have done something better with mismagius
>>
>>33088541
at the time, skill swap didn't cancel the penalty yet
>>
>>33088477
>peh everyone knows the elemental punches are to weak
Everyone and their mother runs Ice Punch though. And Thunder Punch isn't too weak under Electric Terrain(with Tapu Koko being a splashable pokemon). And have you forgotten Z-moves are thing? Although Slaking's special movepool is just as good as it's physical and has decent special attack, so it could also run the elemental beams instead.
>and seriously Slack off? what a joke who would ever use a recovery move
A Life Orb set, Bulk Up set, etc. Reliable recovery enables more versatility.
>also Sucker punch? Thanks to the tapus nobody uses it
People use it if you get STAB or is slow as fuck. But Slaking doesn't need non-STAB priority anyway when its decently fast and bulky.
>and seriously, Taunt? what kind of joke of a move is that
Do you even play the game at all?
>and Gunk Shot? Hah who uses poison moves
Things that would otherwise be walled by Fairies? Slaking isn't one of them though. Its meme coverage at best.
>>
>>33088602
Nope, it worked, skill swap didn't worked only on the japanese versions
>>
Slaking is as bulky as Groudon(non Primal) while being faster and stronger. Mind you, this is with the same BST. It's very efficiently minmaxed and has an extensive movepool, both physical and special, as well as status moves. There is no way it goes anywhere near OU, even with something like Run Away. The same goes for Regigigas, which is overall slightly worse than Slaking but still pretty overwhelming.

Archeops would be mid-high tier OU, and Golisopod UU with some niches in OU.
>>
>>33088461
But consider they
llr never give it rock head
>>
>>33088238
Without defeatist, you'd probably just click head smash anyway.
>>
>>33088625
he was sarcastic you doofus
>>
>>33088248
Spectacle creep ended at gen IV tho, there is literally no way they could top actual monoteistic (?) deity.
>>
>>33088443
Yeah this thing would be straight busted. It'd be hella fun to use in ubers
>>
File: 1491635874774.gif (341KB, 375x266px) Image search: [Google]
1491635874774.gif
341KB, 375x266px
>>33088405
>Regulate
>>
>>33088436
>Scarfed' Jolly Archeops is absolutely going to outspeed, and *obliterate* that timid soul dew SpA/Spe invested Draco meteor user, and do so with a SE move.
Defeatist only kicks in at half health
Why isn't it doing so already, hmmmmm?
>>
>>33088879
>pretendingtoberetarded.jpeg
>>
>>33088997
>tooautistictoounderstandsarcasm.jpg
>>
Last generation some guy managed to climb to #1 in OU ladder with CB Slaking + Mega Lopunny + Magnezone + three filler mons I forgot. Even with a useless ability it would be guaranteed OU if not Ubers.
>>
>>33088223
Wishiwashi is more comparable to the other 3 than Golisopod since it has a higher than usual BST but at a price, whereas Golisopod's BST is normal and the ability isn't completely negative (Game Freak just implemented it poorly).
>>
>>33088223
Imagine they all had an ability that did nothing at all in battle, like Illuminate or Pickup.
Archeops is just Mega Aerodactyl but slightly worse. Would still be UU since teams that want Aerodacyl but already filled their mega slot could use it, kinda like Raikou filling in for Mega Manectric on some teams last gen in OU.

Slaking would likely be OU, probably B+ rank if I were to guess, not a top threat but something to prepare for. It has a lot of raw power but its speed is just a little under what's good for OU and it doesn't have many clear advantages over other wallbreakers in the tier. Like, what does this do that Mega Mawile doesn't do better? Would be a lot like Kyurem-B in that way. Would make a nice stallbreaker too with Taunt, Slack Off, Return, and Shadow Claw.

Golisopd would still be kinda bad in OU but with that nice bulk and access to Leech Life it would make a great Assault Vest user in UU. Since it has access to Aqua jet you could even make it a ghetto-ass Conkeldurr using Leech Life instead of Drain Punch and Aqua Jet instead of Mach Punch.

Regigigas would be likeSlaking with more defense and less support moves. They'd have a Nidoking/Nidoqueen thing going on where they're almost interchangeable and which one you use depends on your team and personal tastes. I get the feeling Slaking would usually be slightly better though.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.