[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gamefreak is coming out with a new type for 8th gen of Pokémon.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 24

File: IMG_7300.jpg (209KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7300.jpg
209KB, 1280x720px
Gamefreak is coming out with a new type for 8th gen of Pokémon. They've come to you for the last say. The choices are Cosmic, Sound, Light and Beast type. Which would you choose?
>>
None.
>>
>>33084233
I take the hidden choice and choose Magic.
>>
Cosmic, because I'd like them to explore the alien angle more.
>>
>>33084233
Sound
>>
I think NuGamefreak has proven they don't know how to properly integrate a new type into the games, so I'll go with none of the above
>>
None because those are all terrible ideas for types.
>>
>>33084233
Those are all shit, but if I had to choose, I'd go with Cosmic. Sound type is a huge meme and Light and Beast both encompass too many already existing mons.
>>
>>33084317
This. What the fuck even is Beast Type?
>>
>>33084250
so.. Psychic
>>
>>33084233

Sound
>>
>>33084250

Fairy
>>
I like the Cosmic type concept, but, if they didn't add it in the gen with the Sun and Moon themed cover legendaries and the extradimensional beasts, they probably never will.
>>
File: exploud-hidden-legends-hl-6.png (375KB, 504x306px) Image search: [Google]
exploud-hidden-legends-hl-6.png
375KB, 504x306px
Sound so my bro is relevant.
>>
Virtual or Fungus
>>
>>33084233
Option E.) Lure Masuda and Ohmori into a trap which leaves them in some way unable to continue work on the series and thus stops them from fucking it up more.
>>
File: 1499473710991[1].jpg (2MB, 5240x4784px) Image search: [Google]
1499473710991[1].jpg
2MB, 5240x4784px
>>33084233
>>
>>33084563
i think this chart does a great job illustrating why each of these types is redundant and retarded

we already have electric, psychic and fairy

arguably, only sound makes some form of sense but still awkward
>>
Neither, retcon fairy.
>>
None of the above. Unlike other people here, I am fine with the fairy type, but adding a new one is just going overboard. Cosmic is just Psychic, Light is just Electric (plus Flash and a few Steel and maybe Bug and Rock type attacks), Beast would cover so many Pokemon it would throw the metagame out of balance, and I don't see the point in Sound. That image >>33084563 just shared is making me very uncomfortable and is making me cringe, with the exception of the Cosmic part.
>>
yeah, no.
Psychic is Cosmic. Fairy, Psychic, fire (morning sun) and Electric cover the "Light" spectrum. Sound is the closest thing to being justifiable, but I feel that it works better in its current role. I do feel that those particular themes should be further expanded upon though, as that could create new and interesting niches.
>>
>>33086983
Sound could be super effective against Ice and Poison that's about all I can think of. Anything else sound-related could easily fit into the Flying type (or fighting if it were physical), couldn't it?

I'm just worried about how bad this could mess up the metagame. We already had a new type two gens ago, what's the deal? I liked the introduction of the fairy type because last time that happened was in 2001. It felt unique. Now, it feels less special.
>>
>>33087246
Yeah, let's give ice more weaknesses.
>>
>>33084233
Ultra type.

Neutral against everything but Psychic.
Super effective against Fairy and Ghost
>>
>>33084322
(you)
>>
Psychic already covers most of Cosmic's shit pretty well, though with Gen 7, there might be enough pokemon to actually justify it now.

Light is already coverd almost entirely by fairy, psychic, and Steel, barely any pokemon would justify it. Beast is literally just normal type.

Sound is what i'd go with. We have a number of sound based pokemon, and it's reasonably distinct from every other type with only a bit of crossover with normal, but there are plenty of non normal sound based pokemon that could benefit from stab from sound moves.

Sound >> Comic >> Light >>>> Beast.
>>
>>33087246
Why would Sound be SE on Poison?
>>
>>33087627
you must be of legal age before posting in 4chan
>>
File: wind2.png (136KB, 720x600px) Image search: [Google]
wind2.png
136KB, 720x600px
Which new type do you prefer:

Wind? Or...
>>
File: 1495067421563.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1495067421563.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>33084233
???
>tfw still mad about type null
>>
Sound is already incorporated. Hyper Voice will now hurt ghosts like it should; super-effective even!
>>
>>33087961
>wind
>flying
nigga what
>>
File: aqua2.png (105KB, 720x630px) Image search: [Google]
aqua2.png
105KB, 720x630px
>>33087961

...something more fishy?
>>
>>33084233
Besides steel, everything they've been introducing is primarily just "mind" types designed to foil each other (psychic, ghost, dark, fairy)
>>
Why would anyone want to introduce a new type ?
>>
>>33088009
t. Landorus T
>>
>>33088034
What about boosting ice defensively, rather than projecting your thoughts on me ?
>>
>>33087989

when more than half of the retconned wind pokemon were NOT flying before, that is not a fatal counterargument.

flying is about being airborne. it's the pokemon being able to fly. the concept is more akin to fighting, psychic, poison, dark.. a kind of technique, skill or ability that gives you an advantage in battle. it's very much a "contact"-focused type.

besides speed being one of its trademarks, wind is instead more of an elemental type, like water, fire, electric...
so it's often about actually creating storms out of nowhere, causing damage by force of sheer speed or using air to disperse lightweight substances (both indirect/non-contact damage), while also involving anything to do with gases/air in general.

yes, flying does currently include "wind"-aspects more than any other type, but do note that it is far from having a monopoly on "windy" moves. There is way more of those from other types combined than from wind alone (Fairy, Silver, Ominous Wind, Twister, Leaf Storm/Tornado, Ice Wind/Blizzard..)
>>
>>33087989

>ground
>rock

so you suggesting we merge all types that have any overlap regardless of them not being the same thing

>ice
>water

>fairy
>psychic

>ghost
>dark
>>
Sound 'sounds' the least retarded to me, so let's craft its effective coverage.

>Sound vs. Others
Grass NVE (Logic? They say singing to plants help them grow faster!)

Electric NVE (Logic? Sound vs lightspeed; sound is outclassed)

Flying Neutral (Why bother putting it down? It could be SE from logic, but flying types suffer enough.)

Ghost Super Effective (Logic? There are chants that repel spirits, and people who sing are less likely to have ghosts sneak up on them.)

Steel Super Effective (Logic? Reflected noises amplify the effect within the Pokemon's structure.

Sound NVE. (Logic? Prolonged screaming contests...)

Just in case 4Chan's text limits are wack, Others vs. Sound will be a different post.
>>
>>33087993
premise: too many water pokemon?
>>
Why not all?
>>
>>33087993

ah fuck

>3 type icons missing

sorry, paint.net doesn't copy with left-alt key+drag for some reason

whiscash/tynamo/binacle retain their other type obviously

>>33088084

sort of

it's also to make a distinction between water as an element and aquatic as more of a species/technique side of it.

so being a fish doesnt mean your strong elemental abilities necessarily involve water, but you're probably good at using a water environment to your advantage. and of course being a water type doesnt necessarily mean that you're any good fighting underwater.
>>
>>33088109
Because they're retarded and unnecessary, just like you.
>>
>>33084233
Fairy type IS Light type you retard
>>
>>33087961
normally despise the idea of getting any more types of eeveelutions added, but if we got wind, id want to see one

>>33088044
>yes, flying does currently include "wind"-aspects more than any other type, but do note that it is far from having a monopoly on "windy" moves. There is way more of those from other types combined than from wind alone (Fairy, Silver, Ominous Wind, Twister, Leaf Storm/Tornado, Ice Wind/Blizzard..)
so what happens to those moves? all of them becoming wind type would be silly considering they essentially have their current type in the name
>>
>>33084563
PureAutism.jpg
>>
File: 1500108210911.png (57KB, 214x169px) Image search: [Google]
1500108210911.png
57KB, 214x169px
None of the above.

How about God type?
>>
>>33084233

I said a cosmic type should have been added before Gen 6 since we have a lot of "space" Pokemon that could have benefited from a type change. At this point half of those Pokemon became fairy so it wouldnt serve much purpose other than adding a boatload more weaknesses to existing Pokemon. Were past the point of considering it.

Also sound is more of an attribute not elemental. Also the rest of the types suck.
>>
>>33088113
you are still mad about the fairy type i see. shame you vent your anger by derailing threads, people are trying to have fun.
>>
>>33088137
llo my favorite type is fairy
try again tripfag
>>
>>33088109
>Four new types at once
>All of them are either redundant or just plain terrible

Yeah, it would do wonders for the meta
>>
>>33088120

moves becoming wind type:
Special: Gust, Air Slash, Hurricane, Aeroblast
Physical: Air Cutter, Razor Wind, Extremespeed

remember Flying Press?

moves that become secondary Wind-type in addition to main type:
Bug: Silver Wind
Fairy: Fairy Wind
Dragon: Twister
Ghost: Ominous Wind
Ice: Icy Wind, Blizzard
Fire: Fire Spin, Heat Wave, Magma Storm
Fighting: Vacuum Wave
Water: Whirlpool
Poison: Clear Smog
Grass: Leaf Tornado, Leaf Storm
Ground: Sand Tomb
>>
>>33088147
yeah, most people like fairy type now mostly because how meta defining it is
back when it was just introduced people like you raged all over /vp/.
>>
>33088161 (you)
>>
>>33088158
>>Four new types at once
>Yeah, it would do wonders for the meta
good point.
I'll go with sound. i like cosmic better, but sound type just begs to be introduced for quite some time.

>redundant
llike rock and ground, water and ice or dark and ghost?
>>
>>>/b/33088164
>>
>>33088082

Before The next half, I just wanted to add one more for Sound vs. Others

Fire Super Effective (Logic? Sound pierces 'Through the Fire and Flames!' Eh? Ehh??? No seriously.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPbHpVbcbrQ

Anyways, let's continue.

>Others vs. Sound

Electric Super Effective (Follow-up to lightspeed outclassing sound. And Electric coverage could use some love anyway).

Ice Super Effective (Logic? Singing while cold is difficult.)

Ghost NVE (Logic? A follow-up to the quoted post.)

Steel Neutral (Just mentioning this because sound being super-effective to steel.)

And there we have it. The reign of Aegislash is ficticiously over.
>>
>>33084322
Isn't encompassing already existing mons kind of the point? It's to divide oversaturated and directionless types and include differently-typed mons that fit together under the same banner. At least, that's what Fairy did, partially, and what it should be done in the future.
>>
>>33087246
Offensive:
Super-effective:
Water
Steel
Fighting

Resisted:
Grass
Ice
Fire
Psychic

Immune:
Sound

Defensive:
Weak to:
Ice
Fire

Resists:
Water
Fighting
Flying

Immune:
Sound
>>
>>33088082
>>33088183
>>33088215

Sound beats steel, and is NVE to grass.
Sound is weak to Ice, and against each other, Sound is resistant/immune.

Both anons seem to agree on this, but the rest have different ideals on other aspects, like their opinion on fire.
>>
File: groudon kyogre fixed.png (499KB, 1200x475px) Image search: [Google]
groudon kyogre fixed.png
499KB, 1200x475px
>>33087993

This pleases my Autism
>>
>>33088251
I'm >>33088215 , lemme see if I can put my logic out there so it's not just random.

Offensive:
Super-effective:
Water [ Sound travels farther in water, also for game balance ]
Steel [ Sound travels farther in solids and especially metal, also for game balance ]
Fighting [ Disrupting concentration, also for game balance ]

Resisted:
Grass [ Forests dampening noise, also for game balance ]
Ice [ Snow dampening noise, also for game balance ]
Fire [ Fire dampening noise, also for game balance ]
Psychic [ Impenetrable concentration, also for game balance ]

Immune:
Sound [ Sound cancels other sounds out if it's the same frequency ]

Defensive:
Weak to:
Ice [ Basically just for game balance ]
Fire [ fire drowns out any sounds someone might hear ]

Resists:
Water [ Basically just for game balance ]
Fighting [ Can't get a punch in because of the distraction ]
Flying [ Birds fly away and panic at noise ]

Immune:
Sound [ See above ]

You can probably find some logic for the ones I said that are exclusively for game balance but it's shaky and not necessarily worth explaining. I'm hoping it stands well enough on its own.
>>
>>33088271
What makes you think that Fighting needs another hard counter when there is Psychic, Flying, Ghost and Fairy?
>>
>>33084547
Rig the trap with some high explosives or poisoned spikes and Im all for this option.
>>
>>33088110
Is that you, Mitja/Saiph-Charon?
>>
>>33084547
>>33088295
Or better yet, make it so they must watch all of the cutscenes in a loop / play the fucking battle frontier until they starve to death
>>
>>33084233
Just do Sound or Cosmic. They both have pokémon to justify a type change. Honestly not too big on Cosmic though, I don't think being from space should warrant getting its own type
>>
>>33088286
I designed it early XY 2bh, but I feel like there's not much of an issue with having it hurt them per se. Fighting gets weaker still, but Sound can now hurt Steel, counters itself, and encourages Ice and Grass mons on their team. It also discourages Water. I just think it's worth it, all around.
>>
>>33088301
Anyone that could have been cosmic is already Psychic (Deoxys) or Fairy (Clefairy). The thought of Cosmic just clutters things because GF already developed their own answer for that.

Beast sounds dumb to me, but it would account for several normal types like Snorlax, Tauros and Pyroar. Sound would be natural for Mons like Meloetta, Loudred and Chatot. And Light is just no.
>>
Count me in the "no new types, but Sound is the lesser evil" camp.
>>
>>33088317
The Legendary Dogs could be beast too.
>>
>>33088764

>not dog type

:^)
>>
File: spritzee_by_dburch01-d76cs5l.png (112KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
spritzee_by_dburch01-d76cs5l.png
112KB, 1000x1000px
You know why Sound is stupid?

Because if Sound becomes a type Smell should too.

Same with Taste.
>>
File: ed1.png (91KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
ed1.png
91KB, 250x250px
>>33089059
You can actually incapacitate people with sound, ya dingus. That's what sets it apart from other senses other than touch.

Now how there are literally sound attacks already incorporated into the game.
>Hyper Voice
>Boomburst
>Supersonic
>Metal Sound
>Screech
>Growl
>Roar
>Soundproof (Ability)
For taste you have Lick with a shit base power that hardly needs its own typing. Smell..? Odor Sleauth..? Sweet Scent? Not even real attacks that warrant their own typing.
>>
>>33084233
Beast Type
All Normal types are now Beast type.
Beast type has same type effectiveness as Normal but is also now weak to Ice but Super Effective against Fairy.

The Porygon line and Ditto are now the Synth (Synthetic) type.
Synth type is neutral to every type but does still provide STAB.
>>
>>33084233
>Cosmic, Sound, Light
Literally Psychic.

Psychic is about manipulation of matter, and matter is essentially light.
Sound is also light which is sensed by our ears.
It is also a really fucking retarded typing for an elemental monster.
I get where we're going with the Cosmic (alien) type, but it's continually hinted in the game that all Pokémon are from space anyway.
>>
File: UnknownIC_Big.png (328B, 48x16px) Image search: [Google]
UnknownIC_Big.png
328B, 48x16px
Alien type, as in, something that comes from space and we have no idea what it actually is. It uses that greenish colour ??? Type previously used.

Based on aliens in media, type matchups could be like this:
Weak to:
>Water (?), Ice (?), Poison, Bug
Resists:
>Fire, Fighting
Immunities:
>none

Super effective on:
>No idea, suggestions?
Not very effective on:
>Poison, Bug
Not effective on:
>None
>>
File: plastic2.png (154KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
plastic2.png
154KB, 960x720px
ideas for type match-ups?

also, this isnt the final selection, threw everything on it that could remotely qualify just to see how big the list would get with the widest definition.

basically, plastic might sound silly at first, but the intention was to make a type that represents artificial/synthetic creatures...but not necessarily man-made (the appearance of being man-made is just as valid, as well as merely being made up of other things that are artificial rather than the creature itself). I settled for plastic in the end because it's shorter and simpler, after realizing that most other type names aren't that accurate either anway (ie ghost types aren't literal pkmn ghosts, but rather weird etheral/gaseous creatures with sinister designs etc. ghost is just a straightforward easy to grasp term that mostly sums it up)
>>
File: TuningForkBomb[1].jpg (44KB, 894x655px) Image search: [Google]
TuningForkBomb[1].jpg
44KB, 894x655px
>>33088183
>Ice Super Effective (Logic? Singing while cold is difficult.)

What's ultrasound?
>>
>>33089137
You can absolutely incapacitate people with Smell and Taste though.
>>
File: skunk-sprayed[1].jpg (24KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
skunk-sprayed[1].jpg
24KB, 300x225px
>>33089137
>You can actually incapacitate people with sound, ya dingus. That's what sets it apart from other senses other than touch.
>>
>>33084233
Replace Fairy by Light
>>
>>33091111
Is this bait?
>>
Not sound, because Boomburst deserves to go an -ate mon one day.

Cosmic I guess.
>>
>>33092468

why would it be?

is it that much more ridiculous than space type?
>>
>>33089137
>can't incapacitate with smell
>>
>>33084233
No more types, if anything they should take out redundant types like ice.

Don't go down the yugioh path and introduce some bullshit evolution/type gimmick every new gen.
>>
>>33087961
>>33087993
>>33091111
These are ridiculous but fun. Do more!
>>
>>33093263

thanks. it is fun to do them once I find a concept that despite not being something that will realistically ever get intorduced, but otherwise fits just fine with the established types in terms of cocnept as well as adding more than it steals from other types.

not sure what else to go for at this point though...crystal? freakin wood?
>>
>>33093504

>that amount of typos

my bad

someone mentioned "vampire" as a type to me earlier. initial reaction was "too specific and narrow", but making it more generally about taking others life-force rather than just blood-sucking might have some potential. and vampire would keep the name simple, since no clue what else one would call this.

it would probably have to steal too much from poison, which has been kind of neglected since after gen 1 basically..

it did remind me of the XY-hype times and legendary type speculation, where I hoped Yveltal would be at least Poison instead of the stupid cliche Dark that just further misrepresents what Dark is about.
>>
The cosmic type I have in mind is more based on the properties of space itself rather than aliens. Although I suppose you could incorporate alien like qualities to the typing as well

Super Effective against:
-Fairy
-Water
-Fire
-Normal

Resisted by:
-Ground
-Rock
-Bug
-Ice

Has no effect on:
-Electric
-Steel

Resists:
-Water
-Ghost

Weak to:
-Poison
-Rock
-Psychic
-Electric

Immune to:
-Fire
>>
File: Megidola_card_EP.png (11KB, 80x119px) Image search: [Google]
Megidola_card_EP.png
11KB, 80x119px
I'd probably add something akin to the Almighty Element of SMT.
No effectivenesses, no weaknesses. A truely neutral type. Strong moves with low BP would make up most of the type.
That or bring back the ??? for that. Maybe have it be exclusive to attacks. I'm not sure.
>>
>>33093504
Crystal and Wood would both be fun. Along these lines, Arcane might be interesting too -- think similar to "Cosmic," but not just extraterrestrial. It'd focus on the mysterious/unexplainable (Unlwn would be a good example).
>>
>>33084233
My new type suggestions:
Nuclear type (An entirely new variety of pokemon could be introduced)
Cosmic Type (we already got many cosmic pokemons)
Light/Celestial type (we already have dark type)
Sound & beast are boring and dumb concepts, what do they even mean? most pokemon are beasts, it makes no fucking sense to retype everything into it and Sound it's just autistic
>>33086653
It could be more of a Holy/sacred type, not just plain light
>>
>>33084233
radioactive type

weak defense against:
psychic
ground

strong defense against:
rock
fairy
fire
electric
dragon

immune defense against:
poison

strong attacks against:
water
grass
fairy
dark

weak attacks against:
steel
rock
psychic
fire

immune attacks against:
bug
>>
demon type anyone?
lets show those fairies who the boss is
>>
Why not just call it "Space" type?
>>
>>33087863
I was thinking sound could also include wind or something like that, since flying is more of a bird type than it is wind.

>>33087316
And that's why I'm saying the new type ideas are stupid.

>>33088215
I guess that's a good idea. But still, I'd rather not mix up the meta anymore.
>>
>>33089287
So in other words, the only normal types left are normal/flying pokemon. Fucking genius.
>>
>>33093949
This would just occupy so much of the psychic type plus the Clefairy line and just about every Sinnoh legendary and maybe Mega Rayquaza. Not necessary.
>>
It seems like some of you guys just want to make egg groups into types. I'll pass.
>>
>>33093688
>That or bring back the ??? for that. Maybe have it be exclusive to attacks. I'm not sure.

Make it exclusive to Primal Arceus and Unown
>>
File: klemad.gif (43KB, 96x88px) Image search: [Google]
klemad.gif
43KB, 96x88px
>>33084233
>cosmic
>literally fairy
>sound
>no justification for that having its own type
>light
>literally just dumbed-down physic
>beast
>technically all pokemon are beasts, not to mention the circlejerking from barafags

All shitty, next.
>>
>>33094288

newsflash: most egg-groups are already types.
>>
>>33094524
Exactly. Do you seriously want more types? There's no point in a beast type since the monster egg group already exists, and the rest of the suggestions just suck and do not deserve their own types.
>>
Glass type

Resists fire, water, electric

Weak to rock, ground, ice (because ice makes windows brittle)

Super effective against flying (birds fly into windows and get BTFO all the time)
>>
>>33095812
That's pretty good. Although the reason why GF invents new types is to balance out broken and underused types (like with the introduction of Dark and Steel to nerf psychic and buff fighting, or Fairy to nerf Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and to buff Poison). So far, none of these recommendations seem to exist for any good purpose other to just be a new type for the sake of being a new type and to further mess up the metagame.
>>
>>33091262
>>33093051
I did honestly want there to be a Poison OHKO move to exist from that concept, but again the concept alone isn't enough to make a typing out of Smell.

Besides, Nosepass is already duo-type...
>>
File: 1471120470243.png (70KB, 201x180px) Image search: [Google]
1471120470243.png
70KB, 201x180px
>>33084563
>Luxray light type and no dark
>Golduck light type and no psychic
>>
>>33097125
It was probably thought about then discarded due to resembling taboo warfare. That's what Nitendoes right?
>>
File: 256.png (135KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
256.png
135KB, 475x475px
WAT ABOUT CHICKEN TYPE GUISE
>>
>>33095994
This one is done with balance in mind (I posted it, but just hear me out) >>33088271

>Offensively, it helps target currently powerful and centralizing defensive types in Water and Steel, and it also hurts Fighting, which has a LOT of very splashable offensive mons. For example, now Lucario and Keldeo, two very powerful mons, now have a new x4 weakness. Also, any Steel-type that is not Grass, Ice, Psychic, or Fire-type will need to be more wary of switching in - which includes a couple currently powerful mons (in Ferro, Heatran, and Metagross,) but also would harm currently broken mons like Aegislash. In fact, I think that including Sound in just this capacity would make MLuke and Aegislash no longer broken, and would only strengthen current alternative defensive picks, like Tangrowth, Avalugg, Regice, and any of the plethora of bulky Psychic types.
>It is immune to itself, which makes it sound like it would become centralizing, but imo it would only encourage teams to have more mons with particular coverage (which will be covered in a moment) and prevent Sound from being a "click to win" type.
>Ice and Fire are both types seldom seen in OU, and while their coverage is fairly prevalent, most mons that would run the coverage other than Ice and Fire-types themselves would be weak to Sound, like a Water-type with Ice Beam. This encourages the currently OU-viable Ice types, like Mamo and Weavile, to be used on more teams, as they hold one of only two types which both resist and attack Sound Super-effectively. Now, Fire already hits a lot super-effectively and has a lot of resists nowadays, but both Ice and Fire are weak to SR, and having more opportunities to switch in even with Stealth Rock will make their lives a lot easier. Also, resisting Water, Fighting, and Flying all help nerf the most spammable types (bar Ghost, but what can you do) by making Scald, Close Combat, Brave Bird, etc much less viable to just throw out.
>>
If they introduce a new type at this stage, I'd be happy with retconning a while bunch of other shit, like the type chart, Pokemon types and movesets - a soft reboot, if you will.
>>
File: New Type.png (51KB, 475x425px) Image search: [Google]
New Type.png
51KB, 475x425px
>>33084233
There's only one new type that is absolutely necessary.
>>
>>33087627
I remember when people were speculating Ultra Beasts were gonna resist everything except Normal, which they'd be weak to.

That would've been pretty interesting.
>>
>>33089059
>Taste-type
>Vanilluxe is Ice/Taste
>Slurpuff is Fairy/Taste
>Farfetch'd is Taste/Flying
>introduce a gen full of foodmons
It's got potential.
>>
>>33099509
This is the only correct answer
>>
File: tokiya-5.jpg (44KB, 500x717px) Image search: [Google]
tokiya-5.jpg
44KB, 500x717px
Nah, they should just introduce a couple of triple-typed mons.

Cough cough, pic related.
>>
>>33084233
Sound. I like bard types.
>>
>>33099509
I don't understand those type matchups.

For one, fungi are heavily associated with dead things, so it should have some interaction with the Ghost type. Something for the Bug type too.

Also, make Sudowoodo Rock/Fungus, Clawitzer Water/Fungus, Banette Ghost/Fungus, Regigigas Normal/Fungus and incomplete Zygarde Dragon/Fungus
>>
>>33099554
>implying it wouldn't be quintuple-typed
>>
>>33099509
all of those moves are status moves. why even have super effective
>>
>>33084350
Normal type.
>>
>>33093769
top fucking kek

>Nuclear
Mostly Poison, but Electric/Fire could be used in combination of using energy
>Cosmic
Psychic, already been discussed
>Light/Celestial
Understand the concept of Dark before you rattle off shit ideas

You honestly think Nuclear, Cosmic, and fucking Light are better than Sound? I'm not a Soundfag, I don't think it needs its own type or that there needs to be a new type at all, but come on -- at least sound-based moves are at least an existing in-game mechanic.
>>
>>33100026
Are you memeing with your retypes?
>>
I'd choose Cosmic.

>inb4 Psychic

Psychic does not exactly cover it, because in this case Cosmic would mean any Pokemon that is implied or directly originates from Space. And Psychic in my opinion, does not properly cover all of the possibilities of that.
I would also beings who control aspects of the cosmos. Like light, black holes, cosmic energy, specific kinds of radiation, etc.

Also, if you need further persuasion, look at the Fairy type. As a category it was introduced to explain nymphs, and fae's of the Pokemon world. So why not do the space with actual or implied aliens?
>>
>>33084233
I'd have to go with Sound, if I absolutely had to choose one of the above. Only because it'd be the easier to retcon moves and mons into.

Jiggly line
Whismur line
Chatot
Noivern
Primarina

I'm sure there are plenty more "sound" based Pokemon, but those are the obvious ones that come to my mind.
>>
>>33084233
In reality, I feel the best type to introduce would be something akin to "Warped-type" where they're all Pokémon with a strange unknown power and have really out-there designs, not necessarily like an Ultra Beast, but unique to help them make an identity for themselves.
>>
>>33100584
>Psychic does not exactly cover it
While I agree with you that yes, Cosmic could cover much different ground than Psychic, existing Pokemon which would best suit a Cosmic typing are already Psychic -- Elgyem line, Solrock/Lunatone, some of the legendaries, etc. I suppose that, for now at least, Gamefreak views aspects of the cosmos/space as a subset of the Psychic type.

>it was introduced to explain nymphs, and fae's of the Pokemon world
It was REALLY introduced to nerf Dragons. Fairy was just a broad enough type that could cover not just folklore inspired fae, but also "good" beings (some of which fans may have wanted retyped in a theoretical Light type, such as the Togepi line), magical beings (Clefairy), and those with a strong connection to nature (Flabébé line).
>>
File: srsly.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
srsly.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>>33084233
>Cosmic
Psychic types
>Sound
Normal types
>Light
Steel types (Flash cannon etc)
>Beast
Dragon types/Normal types

C'mon bro.
>>
>>33088252
>aquatic water
>>
>>33101284
The fact that ghosts are immune to sound-based moves by default trigger me.
>>
>>33084233
I think Sound is the clear winner. Exploud being a normal type while having clear sonic-related abilities that other normal Pokemon don't have is silly.

Some of these ideas like Cosmic, Light, Beast, Wind, etc. are way too general or redundant. Replacing Fairy with Light or Magic would be fine by me though. I'm against "Beast" because it's a bit too general. Like, nearly half of al Pokemon are beast-like.

Energy or Cyber/Artificial/Robotic types (ex. Porygon, Aegislash, Arceus-copy) would be cool as Porygon definitely stands out from other normal types. Retconning "Rock" and "Ground" for the "Earth" type is another good suggestion I've seen.

All of that being said, everyone, me included, need to start thinking outside of the box. A lot of us spend too much time looking at current Pokemon or moves and trying to fit in a new type based off that (ex. Cosmic comes from moves/Pokemon we have right now). Let's try to come up with a novel idea that fits with Pokemon but also is mostly foreign.
>>
>>33088183
That video is legit interesting.
>>
>>33100495
No need to be a pretentious hypocrite, either stop pretending you're not a soundfag right before white-knighting sound type or just whiteknight sound type without caring if others will think you're a sound fag
wew, look at this moves
Frost breath
aromatic mist
powder
floral healing
pollen puff
mist
poison powder
stun spore
sleep powder
smokescreen
haze
smog
poison gas
spore
acid spray
cotton spore
powder snow
sweet scent
smelling salts
aromatherapy
odor sleuth
rage powder
(look at diz moevs, smell type LOL XDDDD)
according to your logic we should have a smell type by now also, cosmic is not the same as psychic, cosmic covers pokemon that draw power from the space, the stars, galaxies, psychic is just brainpower, it's an entirely different concept, poison is based on the power of toxins, poiisonous plants, poisonous animals, it's entirely different as radioactive creatures, again, an entirely different concept.
>>
>>33084233
Sound.
Fuck all these people who think it's retarded.
It will happen, I know it!
>>
>>33102377
i hope they will also add a fist and jaw type :)
>>
>>33102411
Yeah, we have too many punch types, we should retype everything into punch type, GF give us punch type, or slap type plz, too many slap moves can't be a coincidence, with so many claws & paws and tail-based moves and furry pokemon, furry type is jsut around the corner, right guyz? come on game freak, give us Furry type already
>>
>>33100047
Maybe fungus elemental attacks all now work like curse? So it's different if a fungus pokemon uses them as opposed to a non fungus pokemon. Maybe the effect is almost always the same, but it does do damage. Or it automatically seeds a pokemon if it successfully hits. Like every fungus pokemon using a fungus attack gets an auto leech seed (Which should also be on that list of attacks, honestly).

Or they just do damage when they do status inflicting moves. Like an ingrained ability tied to their typing.
>>
>>33099554
>>33100036
>Venustoizard is Grass/Water/Fire
>M.Venustoizard is Poison/Steel/Dragon
>>
>>33102553
>Steel
Nice try
>>
>>33102352
t. triggered autist
>>
Neither, retcon current types.

Ice should be SE to water (why the fuck wasn't it already?). Ice should resist water. Ice should resist bug/grass.
>>
>>33084233
Definitely Sound.
Chatot, Exploud line, Primarina maybe even?
>>
>>33099509

maybe combine it with >>33093593 to make a broader type out of it? parasites, leeches, fungi, bacteria, viruses..
>>
Sound type. Then use it to balance the type chart and ignore things that sound should beat or be weak to from a real world perspective like toher types.
>>
>>33084233
>Beast
Could be cool, actually. Make it good against Fairy, weak against Dragon and revamp tons of Normal-type Pokémon.
>>
>>33100647
>Only because it'd be the easier to retcon moves and mons into.
>Noivern

Sorry, but Noivern is already Flying/Dragon. So are you about to get rid of the only primary Flying type besides Tornadus, or will you strip a wyvern of it's secondary Dragon type?

(also, why exactly is Noivern Flying/Dragon rather than Dragon/Flying?)
>>
>>33101738
>ground fire?
>>
>>33084233
I would rather kill myself, than choosing one of these shitty types.

Hara kiri gomen sai mas.
>>
>>33103404
>(also, why exactly is Noivern Flying/Dragon rather than Dragon/Flying?)
Noivern is a bat first and a wyvern second.
>>
>>33103487

I suppose.

Just thought that if it was this simple, wouldn't we have seen a bunch of random primary Flying types already?
>>
>>33091202
Meh, sound being neutral sounds appealing. I can imagine Hyper Voice decking an Avalugg, but having little effect on Jynx and Lapras.
>>
File: Cq3yK60UkAEECRo.jpg large.jpg (201KB, 1370x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Cq3yK60UkAEECRo.jpg large.jpg
201KB, 1370x1500px
>>33099554
Here's another, Psychic/Steel/Ghost.
>>
>>33084290
What is even nu game freak...? They'd had almost the same staff since forever
>>
>>33084733
Still salty after all these years. Fairies' impact desu
>>
If Light were a type, here's my version of the match-ups:

Types weak to Light:
Dark, Ghost, Ice, Water

Types strong against Light:
Electric, Grass, Steel,

Types Light is weak to:
Psychic, Rock

Types Light is strong against:
Dragon, Ghost, Water, Ice

Types Light is immune to:
Dark

Types immune to Light:
Psychic
>>
>>33101033
Interesting, maybe like Sygliph and other strange ones?
>>
>>33084233
God those would all suck.
If I had too pick a new type, I would choose something like Eldritch, something to represent unknowable lovecraftian creatures.
>>
>>33084563
This is very stupid.
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.