[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'll try to have a serious conversation with you vp. I know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: 433c9272a7e37d37317a6ad4296e39cc.jpg (339KB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
433c9272a7e37d37317a6ad4296e39cc.jpg
339KB, 2048x1024px
I'll try to have a serious conversation with you vp. I know that this thread will be full of shitposting and people who'll gently invite me to BTFO and other nice things, but I'd like to share my feelings with you.

I have to say I'm very depressed with Pokémon at this point. Pokémon Sun and Moon were very easy games, boring (since they were full of cutscenes) and too underwhelming after the hype season.

Too few Pokémon, no new Megas, sparkling cool (for kids) bullshit like Z-Moves, bad human-looking Starters, no Gyms, very easy (and almost stupid) Trials, no National dex, ecc.

I've just bought the other version of the game (not saying if Sun or Moon, since shitposting about Sunfag or Moonfag would start), and believe me, i'm finding it so hard to continue. Too many boring and unskippable cutscenes.

And also, I feel ZERO hype for USUM.
What the fuck it's happening?! I'm 29, and i've been playing Pokémon since I was 10.
And it's not about growing up, since i still love Pokémon, but i feel kinda betrayed from Game Freak for those two games, that i don't know if I'll trust them and buy a new console for Gen 8. For the first time after 19 years.

What the hell it's happening vp? Why is GF being so delusional about Pokémon?

:(
>>
I'm 21 and I hated Pokemon sun and moon also not hype for USM

I'm hype for Switch game though.

But there's nothing to be depressed about really.
>>
File: 33324192_p2.jpg (60KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
33324192_p2.jpg
60KB, 700x700px
>>33081817
Come on, anon. I'm sure you'll perk up by the time Gen 8 rolls around, it shouldn't be too long now. Just imagine, brand new graphics and newer mechanics to enhance your first core Pokemon Switch experience. Maybe old features like Mega evolutions might make a comeback too, I can tell GF would go all out to make their first switch game a memorable one.

Just hold out for a bit longer, anon you're doing good and you're almost there!
>>
>>33081893
Thanks anon! I hope so! I'm curious about USUM, I really hope it's enjoyable and it will fix the flaws of SM.
But if it's the same boring and friendship-pandering thing, I don't think I'll run to buy a Switch.

I with they'll stop with new mechanics and just keep it simple: catching Pokémon, battling Gyms and Rivals (rivals, not friends who heals your Pokémon before and after the fight), and fill the National Dex.

>>33081855

Of course it's not "depressed" meaning truly depressed. I'm just sad about how Pokémon is turning to be.
>>
File: 1498463329689.png (275KB, 680x672px) Image search: [Google]
1498463329689.png
275KB, 680x672px
>>33081817
Trust in USUM, anon.
Regardless if it's good or bad, it will be the ultimate gen 7 experience, and neither Masuda or Ohmori are directing it. Look at Crystal, Emerald, Platinum and BW2. They were good games,
Also, it will be our last Pokémon game before the franchise goes full home-console pandering for normies. So trust in USUM.
>>
>>33081817
>Something an idiot will tell you
Hurr durr you just grew up

>Something someone smart will tell you
You've finally realized that GF are extremely awful and lazy developers and have come to the realization that Pokemon would literally be a better franchise on the hands of anyone else but
>>
>>33081917
>Of course it's not "depressed" meaning truly depressed. I'm just sad about how Pokémon is turning to be.
Pretty much.
There's so much that it could be but it will never be thanks to Gamefreak being awful devs, programmers, writers and what-not.
Pokemon is a franchise with extreme potential for anything, think of a setting, from the darkiest edgiest to the fluffiest and comfiest and drop Pokemon in it and somehow it will work.
But we will never see it because Pokemon games will always be the same re-packaged 8 gyms, win the league, beat the evil team, be a special snowflake that saves the world from legendaries and that's that. Even the Ashnime is proof of this stagnation, it has never been allowed to advance, to progress, even on Kalos where the stars aligned like never before they still cockblocked Ash in the most shameless and nonsensical manner despite hyping him and frog like there's no tomorrow.

Wasted potential, that's Pokemon in a nutshell. I love Pokemon, and it hurts to see it stagnate in this manner. To never reach the heights it could.
>>
>>33081966
We need to go the mario route: more spin-offs. They tried that with gen3 and 4, but while it worked for my enjoyment, it just didn't take off, sadly. Now all we get is mobileshit.
>>
>>33081817
Pull the trigger
>>
>>33081966
Good post. However GF aren't "awful", just very small and understaffed relative to how utterly massive Pokémon is as a franchise.

Remember, GF's roots lie in HAL Laboratory, Ape Inc, and Nintendo R&D1, their history lies in making very small, low budget games and Pokémon was going to just be another of those. Obviously they've added plenty of staff but it's clear that they've stuck with that philosophy of having a tight-knit group. Their non-Pokemon work is just low budget puzzle/platformer stuff like Drill Dozer, HarmoKnight and Tembo the Badass Elephant.

And really, Sun and Moon were the first games that weren't even good as just small JRPGs.

Like you said the problem isn't GF, it's that the franchise is so massive and has endless potential as a setting but is limited to these low budget small JRPGs and some even more niche spinoffs.

I'd like to see what would happen if you gave Pokémon to a huge, experienced developer. What would Pokémon look like as a game with a AAA budget, or if reimagined from the ground up?
>>
File: ndsa.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ndsa.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
Just play the waiting game and decide whether USM are good when they're out
>>
>>33082097
Fuck no. Too many cooks etc. etc.
>>
I actually really liked sun and moon. The new mons were really cool, especially the alola variants of old mons. And ride pokemon are SO much better than HM slave bullshit. Plus the island challenges had a little more character than the gyms of old. For me the biggest disappointment was that Lusamine wasnt a more interesting boss battle. And I admit it's a bit hard to get into a replay due to the long cutscenes, but the other gens are equally difficult to replay because of shit HM system, lack of new mons and typing that I really like, slower movement, etc etc. I think Sun and Moon are a great change and personally can't wait for USUM to improve the formula further (hopefully the trials get even more unique).
>>
>>33082436
anon, careful, logic and objectivity are not welcome here
>>
>>33082436
Same, anon, great post.
>>
>>33081817
>vp
>:(
Reddit spacing
On my hands and knees begging ya to kill yourself.
>>
>>33081966
> same re-packaged 8 gyms
Did you forget SM didn't have gyms or...
>>
>>33084986
A rose by any other name
>>
File: 1357676698586.gif (963KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1357676698586.gif
963KB, 300x225px
>>33084789
>he's still crying about reddit
>>
>>33081817
2015 and 2016 fucking sucked for me, and I clung to SM as a last spot of hope after seeing the brilliant PR period. It looked like they were going to be even better than B2W2.

God, what a fucking mistake that was. Playing the Alola games makes me feel so goddamn empty inside, and I don't have much hope in the thing I've loved the most for all of my life anymore. Alola is so small and empty, and Masuda and Ohmori are ridiculously out of touch with what the fanbase wants, all the while decreasing the amount of effort put into newer games.
>>
>>33081922
>before the franchise goes full home-console pandering for normies
Why would they pander to a home console audience when it's still going to be on a handheld?

It's not a console. Nintendo knows it, we know it, Game Freak fucking knows it, and so does everyone else who just wants to bitch and moan about Nintendo but never even buy their products and thus don't have a reason to complain (gotta do something to fill the void their knock off PC garbage leaves in them, I guess).

If anything their online service being a fucking mobile app FOR NO REASON and many of the side games moving to mobile should have you worry about them pandering to the mobile casuals.

Nintendo could give less of a fuck about consoles but they are clearly in a state of invester driven "make it mobile because mobile is kool with the kids" state.
>>
>>33085842
They just want to see there games for console prices
>>
>>33085642
ah yes.

7 is just 8 by any other name.

who taught you to count?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.