[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is possible don't damage with an attack? (without count

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Min damage.png (8KB, 1269x69px) Image search: [Google]
Min damage.png
8KB, 1269x69px
Is possible don't damage with an attack? (without count immunities)

>lvl 1 Bonsly used mimic to copy absorb
>screens and the set up in the next turns
>lvl 100 Ho-Oh gets the buffs with BP, gets multiscale with skill swap and the grass type with forest curse so now Ho-Oh resists x6 grass
>the two Ho-Oh alies are two Cherrims under the sun
>Bonsly used absorb
>Did Ho-Oh lost at least 1 HP?
I have understand that 1 HP is the minimum of damage possible with one attack but then see it in the Showdown calculator so I not sure about it.
What /vp/ thinks about it?
>>
False Swipe at 1 HP.
>>
>>33078453
It's possible to do 0 damage in Generation 3 with a +6 Water Spout on a Geodude if the Pokemon using Water Spout is affected by the Pomeg Berry glitch. The only reason it does 0 damage is because the damage calculated is so high that it overflows to a negative number, thus effectively healing Geodude in the process.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdHRxG9jC0U
>>
>>33078453
From bulbapedia:

>If the calculation yields 0, the move will deal 1 HP damage instead; however, in Generations I and V, different behavior may occur due to apparent oversights:

>In Generation I, if the calculation yields 0 because the target has two types that both resist the move's type, the move will miss as if it is ineffective;

>In Generation V, a move may deal 0 HP damage when other is less than 1, because the routine to prevent 0 HP damage is erroneously performed before applying the other factor.

So the Smogon damage calculator is incorrect. Also you might want to brush up on your english a little there.
>>
>>33078498
>>In Generation I, if the calculation yields 0 because the target has two types that both resist the move's type, the move will miss as if it is ineffective;
I learned this the hard way when I was trying to poison Brock's Onix with Poison Sting.
>>
>>33078453
>Stone Edge missed!
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.