[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game Freak finally gets over their debilitating fear of retconning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

File: 1486956636912.png (100KB, 354x359px) Image search: [Google]
1486956636912.png
100KB, 354x359px
Game Freak finally gets over their debilitating fear of retconning literally anything at all and decides to fix everything they ever fucked up or made inconsistent. What changes?

>baby kangaskhan is its own pokémon
>the nidos are now one species, like meowstic
>slowpoke evolves with a shellder in the party, like mantyke. if holding king's rock evolves into slowking with shellder in the party.
>shellder holding slowpoketail evolves or just changes into its bivalve form
>magnemite evolves with two other magnemite in the party
>or they just have places you go to evolve them, like a lake filled with shellder and your slowpoke can dip its tail in
>pokédex order is changed to put elekid before electabuzz and electrivire after and similar

Others?
>>
>>33076533

>Tarus & Milktank are the same line
>Baby Khangastan evolves by successfully laying an egg
>Eevee evolves with Moon Stone, Leaf Stone, etc
>>
All those Incense items you need to breed baby pokémon, as well as many other near-useless items that weren't created with the long-term sustainability of the franchise in mind, are all wiped out.
>>
>>33076664
>>Eevee evolves with Moon Stone, Leaf Stone, etc
I just remembered they introduced Sun Stone in gen II and still gave eevee some bullshit for umbreon and espeon.
>>
Any chance Starters can have not the same exact default abilities?

And that Legendaries get abilities more creative than Pressure?
>>
50/50 gender ratio for starters.
>>
Gardevoir female only.
Glalie male only.
>>
All of the obscure early-gen moves with no reason to exist like Egg Bomb and Poison Gas and Submission ("The strongest Fighting attack") and all those worthless early multihit moves like Barrage and Fury Swipes get remade from scratch or removed, along with the more pointless signature moves like Tripe Kick and Bonemerang.
>>
>>33076718
>>33077065
Why tho? Content diversity is always good.
>>
>>33076664
>>Tarus & Milktank are the same line
I prefer them having a shared pre-evo.
>>
>>33077065
I think the signature moves just need to be buffed. They tend to only give them to shitmons anyways.

Bonemerang should be on par with earthquake, etc.
>>
>>33076784

Would you be okay with legandaries having their BST lowered with better abilities?

I don't want them all buffed into Ubers.
>>
The whole "baby kangaskhan needs its own specie REEEEE" meme needs to die.
>>
>>33077065
Naw, in moves' case, give 'em to as many mons as appropriate as possible.

Having a batch of moves is always fun, since you can have a set for in-game mons and sets for competitive.
>>
>>33077100
I complelty support this idea.
>>
>>33077100
Fuck no. Prevos like this are stupid. It only settles the autistic headcannon fueled by the real world counterpart
>>
>>33077120
I'd love a prevo that had a random chance to evolved into Khangastan/Cubone.
>>
>>33077149

No. Cubone Mom is a dead ghost Pokémon.
>>
>>33077141
I personally like baby mons and I would love a Miltank/Tauros shared prevo.
>>
>>33077149
baby kangaskhan leveled up with kangaskhan in party evolves into kangaskhan
baby kangaskhan leveled up holding thick club evolves into cubone. or just without kangaskhan in party.

i didn't put this in the op cause my autism is showing enough as it is :^)
>>
>>33076533
>voltorb evolves by turning the console upside down
>wishiwashi school form is its own pokemon
>water pokemon all flop around like magikarp unless in water
>golduck and psyduck get their names changed
>metapod evolves into venomoth and venonat into butterfree
>pidgeot and pidgeotto switch names
>>
File: decidueye.png (145KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
decidueye.png
145KB, 500x500px
>>33076533
>Sp.Attack reduced to 0.
>HP raised by 20
>Attack raised by 20
>Defense raised by 20
>Speed raised by 40
Here's how you fix the most fucked up aspects of Pokemon.
>>
>>33076718
This so much! It's a waste of time, space and it's stupid! No one would care if they vanished. Also, how about making Sylvally use the plates instead of creating another 17 identical items? Some of the decisions they make baffle me.
>>
>>33076533
Buffallant is Taurus' evolution.
Same with Luvdisc and Alolamola or whatever its called.
>>
>>33077256
>A buffalo is the same thing as a bull
stop.
>>
File: CIA NANIIIIIIIIII.jpg (23KB, 680x380px) Image search: [Google]
CIA NANIIIIIIIIII.jpg
23KB, 680x380px
>>33077265
>a fish is the same as an octopus
>a crocodile is the same as an alligator
>a sea creature with another sea creature attached to it isnt the same
>>
>>33077321
>implying I said that
>implying I don't have my own issues with Remoraid/Octillery and co.
>>
>>33077337
what im saying is the whole bull and buffalo thing wouldnt be problem considering we're talking about a video game with digital monsters that has no interesting on retaining to realism.
>>
Hidden abilities become regular abilities for Pokemon that only have one regular ability.

You can breed for hidden abilities by having a parent hold the ability capsule
>>
your pokemon have a random chance of dying :^)
>>
File: 1450327416978.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1450327416978.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
>Hawlucha and the Lotad line instantly lose to Bastilodon.
>>
>>33076533
>decides to fix everything they ever fucked up or made inconsistent
No Guard Fissure
>>
File: tmp_12724-logo-large505718999.png (3KB, 284x115px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_12724-logo-large505718999.png
3KB, 284x115px
>>33076533
...who gives a shit?
>>
>>33079534
stop bullying me
>>
>>33077115
Not that poster, but I would love that. Not all legendaries are made equal, some shouldn't even have 600 BST going by their lore. I hate how GF just throws on pressure and then puts ~100 points each stat
>>
>>33079572

the stop bullying me meme is pretty dank
>>
>>33076533
Eevee gets it's own normal type evo
Jynx is fully black again & gains two different new evolutions triggered by trading her while holding either a kfc bucket or a watermelon
>>
>>33079615

haha it's funny because we're edgy and on 4chan
>>
>>33079611
thanks i came up with it myself
>>
>>33079622
What's so funny about eevee getting a normal evolution?
>>
>>33079534
The people in this thread. What a worthless fucking question.

Most everyone has it but

>Magikarp evolves into Dragonite
>Dragonair evolves into Gyarados
>>
>>33076533
Great thread OP!
This is a list of things I'd like to be retconned:

> No Incenses - Pokémon that have a Baby in their evolutionary line, produce eggs with the Baby form.
> Eevee evolves into Espeon with Sun Stone, Umbreon with Moon Stone, Leafeon with Leaf Stone, Glaceon with Ice Stone and Sylveon with Shiny Stone.
> Nidoran is one Pokémon with gender differences that produce a branched evolution into Nidorino or Nidorina.
> Baby Kangaskhan as a baby Pokémon.
> Pokédex reorganized following evolutionary lines as OP said.
> Luvdisc evolves into that fucking Alomomola
> Dunsparce evolves into Drampa
> Pokémon that needs to be traded (with or without an item) in order to evolve, can also evolve at a very high level (like 70, or whatever).
> You can use only Water Pokémon in battles in/under water, like you needed Flying or levitating ones in air battles.
>>
>>33077193
Not
>babyskhan evolves into cubone with fainted kangaskhan in party
>>
>>33076993
This.
>>
The eeveelutions are all made into forms of the one Pokemon, and all evolve by evolution stone

Mega Banette is simply Banette's evolved form, just take 10 out of Attack, Special Attack and Special Defense (BST tying with Dusknoir)
>>
What OP mentioned, including:

>Gardevoir evolves exclusively from Female Kirlia
>Ralts line, Passimian and Oraguru all become apart of the human-like egg group.
>All later Eeveelutions evolve via evolutionary stones
>You have to unlock Regigigas first before unlocking all other Regis.
>Elixirs and Ethers are now available for purchase but are nerfed.
>Starters have their own gender ratio depending in the line.
>Luvdisc evolves into Alomamola or is at least considered variants of each other.
>Remove trade based evolutions and replace them with proper levels.
>Wishiwashi school forme becomes an actual evolution.
>Minior becomes a pre-evo to Solrock and Lunatone. Shields Down is retconned.
>Light Ball works on Raichu
>Samurott becomes Water/Fighting and Emboar becomes Fire/Dark.
>Primeape becomes part Dark type.
>Mr. Mime becomes 100% male.
>Retconn or update Megachomp and MegaScizor into something better design wise.
>>
>>33076533
Incineroar is removed
>>
>>33076533
Meteorite is an obtainable item that can be used to change Deoxys forme on demand, including in battle and can also be used to teach it various moves based on its formes. It works much like the Zygarde Cube, except the change forme option gives you a menu asking which forme you want Deoxys to take.
>>
>>33080100
Gen 7 as a whole is removed.
>>
>>33079967
If using dive it has to be a water type with exceptions like Lugia(it would be stupid if the under water bird can't fight under water).

If using surf maybe have a speed penalty to non-water/flying/levitate/air balloon Pokémon and swift swim gets activated? Flying Pokémon can fly and the rest should be able to swim.
>>
>>33076533
>Zygarde Complete is now a permanent form tho no power construct bs only aura break or aura related stuff to cuck its counterparts as its ability
>>
>>33080094
>Minior becomes a pre-evo to Solrock and Lunatone. Shields Down is retconned.
consider self termination
>>
>>33080094
>>33081874
>Minior becomes a pre-evo to Solrock and Lunatone. Shields Down is retconned
>Not retconning Solrock and Lunatone to be Shields Up/Down versions of the same Pokemon
Smdh fampai
>>
>>33077141
>not wanting miltank and tauros to learn heavy slam and other interesting moves as baby moves
C'mon man
>>
File: tumblr_ogoq1czqop1tia2wso1_500.png (125KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ogoq1czqop1tia2wso1_500.png
125KB, 500x350px
>>33080122
Gen 7 is fine except for Incineroar.
>>
>>33076533
>>the nidos are now one species, like meowstic
This would cause far more damage than it would fix. Every single species after the Nidos would have their Pokémon No. shifted three places.
>>
>>33077141
How is it any worse than Tyrogue?
>>
>>33076718
Naw. Give the babby pokemon some amazing signature moves to buff every mon with them. The type of moves that might be broken or less useful ingame but great for PvP. That makes the Incenses worth hunting for as a nice little sidequest.
>>
>>33082853
>This would cause far more damage than it would fix. Every single species after the Nidos would have their Pokémon No. shifted three places.

I'm suggesting they reorder the Pokédex in general.

>pokédex order is changed to put elekid before electabuzz and electrivire after and similar

But only if they were to fix a bunch of other stuff too. Like a bit of a reboot.
>>
>>33080152
It is almost broken in Ubers as is. It would have to be nerfed if it was going to always be in the Complete form.
>>
>>33082944
We have regional dex orders for that. I prefer Pokémon indexes being split by generation.
>>
>>33082959
People who haven't been here since the beginning, which there are more and more of, have no clue what Pokémon were introduced when. It's more logical to put them by relationship.
>>
>>33082999
It's really easy to figure it out, though.
Count the starter trio, and then every Pokémon with an index number after that and before the next starter trio is from that generation of games, with the exception of Victini because Game Freak thought they would be cheeky by moving it before the starters.
>>
File: 5.jpg (60KB, 878x814px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
60KB, 878x814px
>>33079967
>Dunsparce evolves into Drampa
This will never not be retarded. They're nothing alike besides being normal types.
>>
>>33083034
dunsparce does deserve a sick dragon evo tho. always has.
>>
>>33083180
I'm not disagreeing with that, I'm disagreeing that drampa should be that evo
>>
>>33083231
agreed.
>>
>>33082108
Please don't be a lying sack of crap, sir.

Incineroar is fine. It's everything else on Gen VII that needs to be removed. Please stop trolling.
>>
>>33077249
Yes! It's ridiculous to have both plates and Memories.
>>
>>33076533
All trade evo items should get BETTER special effects
Abra should evolve only if given spoon.
Kadabra should evolve when traded with one.
All plates should give resistant and stab for its type intead of 20 boost. Arceus is able to hold them all
>>
>>33077065
Submission needs to be granted to cause confusion. or has at least 40% of it.
>>
>>33076533
The thing that bothered the fuck of me since gen two-
Pokemon is said to do stuff X best
Best moveset of said pokemon is not using that move or don't have ability to do so.

FUCKING NIDOKING
Give him Poisontail.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.