[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't Ash ever win a Pokemon League? When will the suffering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: Pokemon-League.jpg (45KB, 800x502px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-League.jpg
45KB, 800x502px
He tries his hardest but in the end it doesn't even matter
>>
>>33075338
He had to fall to lose it all
>>
>>33075338
Lead Singer of Linkin Park died today
>>
>>33075338
Kek
But you know the answer, right? If he wins, then it will all end too.
>>
>>33075338
>winning a League = becoming a Pokemon Master
>Ash's dream becomes realized
>series ends
The anime staff fucked up by making Ash lose Johto and go to Hoenn instead of just introducing a new protagonist
>>
>>33075411
This.
Now it's too late to change it.
Ash is doomed to lose. Forever.
>>
>>33075338
Does Orange Island Champion really mean nothing in the long run?
>>
>>33075494
Yes
Also Battle Frontier means nothing too
>>
To be fair it's pretty impressive he's been close to winning all of them.
>>
>>33075411
Even if they introduced a new Protagonist, they'd STILL be required to have a Pikachu or else everyone would shit themselves.
And at that point, the writers might as well bring back Ash so they have an excuse to have a Pikachu for every region.
Hence why we're stuck with this eternally-young jobber until the heat death of the universe.
>>
File: 1499605274013.png (745KB, 1200x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1499605274013.png
745KB, 1200x1040px
>>33075338
I wouldn't mind if Ash won just once and his story ended.

They could start a new series with a new protagonist and that would be refreshing.

But I guess the writers or w/e don't want to rebuild all the characters relationships they developed with Ash after all these years.
>>
>>33075615
Ash has a relationship besides the mother and maybe some characters that appear once or twice every season?
>>
>>33075338
>>33075411
>>33075615
Orange League.

>>33075687
>relationship besides the mother
Hope, it ain't incest.
>>
Why does everyone believe Ash winning a league = he gets written off the series?

It's not like he would quit traveling to different regions if he won. There's still new pokemon to find for him, new friends to make, etc etc
>>
>>33075947
WE don't believe it, the writers do.
Even though he'd still have to face the E4 and Champion, they still consider winning a League tournament to be the "end" of the series.
Even then, becoming Champion STILL wouldn't fulfill the enigmatic goal of Pokemon Master, because as far as they're concerned that means catching all 802 + Form(e)s and growing, becoming the Champion of every league ever, beating a Battle Facility five gorillion times in a row, or whatever nonsensical requirements there are.
>>
>>33075411
The thing is, they never explicitly say what becoming a pokemon master is. I feel winning one region's league wouldn't cut it, not only because of previous regions' losses, but because they usually allude to another region in some way. Ash kept travelling after Battle Frontier and Orange League and they weren't much different from the pokemon league besides the fact that they weren't a tournament bracket.

They could've done this in Johto and kept the "Pokemon Master" goal going.
>Ash beats Harrison.
>Gets trophy, celebration, etc.
>Misty: So what are you going to do now, Ash?
> Ash: Well, I may have won the league, but... I had trouble figuring out that Kecleon Harrison used, and his Blaziken gave me a lot of trouble, too. I have to learn to adapt to pokemon like that better or else I can't call myself a pokemon master, and the best way to do that is to go to the Hoenn region they're found in and learn more about its pokemon myself!

Similarly, they could just either say the same thing whenever an episode featuring a next gen pokemon rolls around or say that he's going home to reflect on what he's done, and lead to him wanting to improve and win previous leagues, hence going to new regions to learn new things and give him an edge whenever he returns for another try.
>>
>>33075967
Then they're morons and need to lose the show to less retarded writers.
>>
>>33076002
The ones who put them there are the suits from TPC, and as long as the anime keeps shilling the franchise to children and boosting merchandise and movie ticket sales, they don't care.
>>
>>33075338
Gen VIII he will win in gen VIII
>>
>>33076141
The fun part is that there will be people who will unironically believe this.
>>
>>33075338
Who wants to see a looser in his own main series?
Ash challenge himself not using his pokemon from previous region but the problem is that he keeps fighting like an amateur
Its not like the series will end if he win a league, back then he refuses to stay as a frontier brain, he can just run to the next region like red did just left lance as a champion
Now alola doesn't even have gyms
>>
>>33076251
>Who wants to see a looser in his own main series?
Everyone.
>>
>>33075381
It isn't in my books that he stopped travelling after Orange league. Or that he came to Alola for the league in the first place.
>>
File: chester-linkin-park.jpg (330KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
chester-linkin-park.jpg
330KB, 1024x683px
>>33075338
Did no one her understood the joke?
>>
>>33076357
>orange league
Nice meme.
>>
>>33076454
It wasn't that funny.
I liked LP when I was younger
>>
>>33076477
I still like some of LP songs to this day but not because im an edgy cunt or anything. I only like the rythm of their songs. I don't know what the fuck the lyrics say
>>
File: 1493956138623.gif (138KB, 650x620px) Image search: [Google]
1493956138623.gif
138KB, 650x620px
To a certain extent I don't mind Ash losing. It makes him more realistic. Now it's just sad though. If he was going to be allowed to win a league, Kalos would have been the one, but whoever was in charge dropped the ball on that hard.
>>
>>33076454
I understood it, but it wasn't funny enough to acknowledge.
>>
>>33075357
Oh my gosh it's true. That's fucked up.
>>
>>33076010
And cost less
>>
>>33076454
We were ignoring it anon, can't you take a hint?
>>
>>33076570
>Kalos would have been the one
DP, Anon. DP.
>>
File: Twinleaf-Festival-Champion.png (577KB, 622x350px) Image search: [Google]
Twinleaf-Festival-Champion.png
577KB, 622x350px
>>33076642
This.
DP ash deserved to win his league, what a great strategist he was in that season. XY ash had tons of raw power (MOTTO MOTTO TSUYOKU), but DP Ash had tons of wise strategies and interesting battle styles. Both are great, but DP Ash was sort of a battle genius in terms of the anime (i.e. Counter Shield ), and clearly deserved the win no matter how you look at it.
>>
They are just letting kids know being a pokemon trainer means you end up a cuck to the writers.
>>
>>33076944
No. My point is that even when Ash is at his greatest, they'll still have him lose the league.
>>
File: 1461990314978.jpg (69KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1461990314978.jpg
69KB, 600x600px
I don't really buy the explanation that winning a league champion title would spell the end of his adventures. Like other anons have said, the title of a Pokemon master is something completely different, and is clearly more about the journey than the destination. A true Pokemon master is something more than just a winner of tournaments. If the writers of the show wanted to, they absolutely could make Ash dash off to whatever new region or challenge there is. Hell, changing the last generational shift so that Ash actually won the Kalos League and then went off to live in Alola for a while with Pikachu and his mom would require minimal changes to the events. I don't buy for a second that the writers are unaware of this.

But what is Ash as a character, really? In the video games, the protagonist is allowed to be a wunderkind who sets out on their journey and easily beats down all opponents, kicks ass and takes names. Ash, however, often struggles with battles, sometimes even against less experienced battlers. He isn't always the smartest kid around, but he does try. Ash is the everyman, the average guy trying his best. It might be a little cynical to have him 'lose' every time in a show aimed at a young audience, but Ash keeps his spirits up the majority of the time, and looking past never getting first place, he does generally place very well in all the regional tournaments. He often is the hero of the day, fighting villains and injustice. Who's to say he's not well on his way to becoming a Pokemon master?
>>
>>33075338
Literally just hang in there. Maybe he'll win eventually, but probably not.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.