[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come in almost twenty years, with hundreds of events meeting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: Originaltruck[1].png (75KB, 483x406px) Image search: [Google]
Originaltruck[1].png
75KB, 483x406px
How come in almost twenty years, with hundreds of events meeting people from the pokémon team, no one has ever on record asked about this?
>>
>>33070743

Because it's just a fucking sprite. I never thought anything of it as a kid, calm the fuck down
>>
>>33070759
please don't bully me
>>
This myth is old af and was already addressed by the devs.

THERE IS NOTHING UNDER THE DAMN TRUCK
>>
>>33070787
no one said there was you dumb kid :^)
>>
I thought it was confirmed that they intended for a truck to take you to another region after you beat the game, but had to remove this post game due to storage constraints and it served as the basis for Johto in G/S.
>>
>>33070759
>Implying you saw it as a kid without hearing the mew rumor first.
>>
>>33070809
No.
They didn't.
The easiest and most likely answer is that it was an asset that they planned on plopping in a few cities, maybe planning on implementing traffic like Earthbound did. But for one reason or another they scrapped the concept and hid a finished sprite in a hard to reach area as an Easter egg.
>>
>>33070743

GF said it was nothing but a left over sprite that wasn't removed.
>>
>>33070882
You used to start from the right side of the screen, but it was changed during development and they forgot to remove the unique assets.
>>
Why even putting a sprite right there?
>>
>>33070917
It was before they added textured grass that they moved the path to the top middle side.
>>
>>33070917
This is a very logical explanation.
>>
>>33070917
That's not how game development works.
Like, at all.
>>
File: oak_kys.jpg (26KB, 446x312px) Image search: [Google]
oak_kys.jpg
26KB, 446x312px
>>33070743
Most of Gen 1 rumors come from some guide with Oak.
>>
File: IMG_0294.jpg (21KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0294.jpg
21KB, 256x256px
>>33070781

>please don't bully me

holy shit
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 108x144px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 108x144px
>>33070743
"Hey Masuda-san, what was that truck in Vermillion Harbor all about?"

"Haha, I don't know."

There, answered.
>>
>>33071128
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/there-were-190-pok%C3%A9mon.78267/
>>
>>33071009
Gen 1 was in development hell for several years
>>
>>33071232
sounds like me in middle school
>>
>>33070787
We're not asking what's under the truck, we're asking why the truck was even there to begin with.
>>
>>33071381
op here

this
>>
>>33071381
>>33071394

IT WAS A LEFT OVER SPRITE THAT THEY FORGOT TO REMOVE DURING DEVELOPMENT.

That's all it was and is, it has no purpose and had no purpose.
>>
>>33071724
>IT WAS A LEFT OVER SPRITE THAT THEY FORGOT TO REMOVE DURING DEVELOPMENT.
that explains literally nothing moron :^) why was it created in the first place, did it have an original purpose and if so what, why is it at the port, etc.

>That's all it was and is, it has no purpose and had no purpose.
Source? :^))
>>
>>33070868
>first played the game at age 3
>played it through legitimately once, then my dad helped me mess around with a GameShark
>enabled walk through walls and early HMs and shit
>explored around, curbstomping everything with a hacked Ghost-type Mew
>saw the truck
>couldn't do anything to it, so I payed it no mind
>years later, I found out that people actually believed you could find Mew under the thing
>>
>>33070787
>>33071724
t. Delusional faggots
>>
>>33070743
childhood stories: on the truck you can find Mew
>>
>>33070743
They have. GF said it was just some graphics and meant nothing.
>>
The truck was originally meant to block your path.
It belonged to Gym Leader Surge. You needed to beat him first.
>>
>>33073441
It actually belongs to Gary Oak; he blocked your path as you walk by, challenging you to a Pokémon battle.
>>
File: Pokemon_RBY_Tile_Set_04[1].png (3KB, 128x48px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_RBY_Tile_Set_04[1].png
3KB, 128x48px
>>33073454
Based on the position of the Truck tiles over the SS Anne tiles, it's clear that they intended from the beginning to put a truck there. But why?
>>
>>33073441
>need Cut to reach Surge
>need to beat Surge to get Cut
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>33073471
Not only that, but there's a sign in that SS. Anne tileset, showing that as well as the truck, there used to be a sign.
Whither did they move this sign? What did it say?
Here's a mystery to solve.
>>
>>33070882

Or it was just a leftover from a beta map they couldn't be arsed to delete since they thought no one would see it.
>>
>>33073481
I was actually just tossing out ideas, but they might have changed who gives out Cut.
Sloppily adding the tree in the middle of development.
>>
File: Unused tile.png (236B, 8x11px) Image search: [Google]
Unused tile.png
236B, 8x11px
Also, this tile is present, but it's not used anywhere I can see on that screen.
>>
I assume either Surf was once planned to be acquired earlier in the game, or you used to be able to revisit the harbor after the S.S. Anne leaves.

There ya go.
>>
>>33073555
I forget what those are called, but they are used to tie boats onto the dock and moor them there.
>>
I highly, HIGHLY doubt that the truck was ever at any point tied to a gameplay feature. There would be some evidence left in the game of such a feature.

In effect, all it is is a piece of scenery. Considering it's nowhere else in the game, it's probably just a graphic they decided to cut at some point in development but forgot to remove from one map, and no one noticed before release because you couldn't get to that area in playtesting.

The fact is, ALL games have unused sprites and assets. If it weren't for the mistake of forgetting to remove it from one instance, there would be no mystery around it, like there's no mystery around the various other unused objects in it and other games.
>>
>>33073989
The problem is that even if it's just scenery it's still strange. There are basically no vehicles in Pokémon.
>>
>>33075203
>literally the first minute of Hoenn games
>>
>>33075386
>basically
>>
maybe under the truck are the USUM leaks
>>
>>33071731
>why was it created in the first place
The most logical answer is because the Pokemon world was supposed to have vehicules at first, but the idea was scrapped due to space restrictions.
>>
>>33075455
>BW
>SM
>>
>>33076927
i meant to say up til bw when there was like an actual highway.
>>
>>33071009
tell that to the pokemon devs
>>
>>33070743
The devs needed to fix a bug and the only way they were able to is take up that memory space using that more detailed sprite of the truck which fit it perfectly.

Stop being dumb.
>>
>>33073860
You were meant to use a surfboard instead of riding on a pokemon's back for surfing but it got cut because it was dumb, check tcrf, i bet you got the surfboard right after beating misty.
>>
>>33075203
The truck is like ten feet away from a huge, motorized ship and there's an entire route occupied by motorcyclists.
>>
Truck:
>*blocks your path*
>>
truck
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.