[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokémon Fanfiction General and Writethread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 75

File: EP686.png (551KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
EP686.png
551KB, 1280x720px
/vpwt/: She's watching you write edition

>Post your finds and ideas for prompts.
>Share your work and request critique.
>Discuss the struggle as a reader or writer.
IRC channel at [ #vpwritethread on irc.rizon.net ].

Previous: >>33019145

Fic catalogue:
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PtN4D_9CSw8JJ9uO6v0oQqdtKEkS8aFAvfxqI96XfSE/edit?usp=sharing

Authors and anons looking for things to write may search our ideabin for something appealing.
Feel free to add prompts that you'd like others to consider.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X072SSWulcC6RJRrPA6v9XtyohRybvMBl6Fh49wHsRw

FAQ:
>How do I post fics?
Link to Pastebin, FFN, AO3, or G-Docs, etc. Don't write stories to the thread itself.

>NSFW fics?
Indicate "NSFW" beside the link.

>May I add my fic to the catalogue?
You're free to do so. Please use the submission form found inside the catalog.

>What's with the tripfags?
Authors are encouraged to use a name/trip while posting or discussing their work for clarity's sake.

TotT: Did you ever tell anyone around you about the stuff you write/read? How did they react?
>>
Fic recap:

Updated fics:

Gorgel's Chapter 8 Desolate Seas
https://archiveofourown.org/works/8071213/chapters/25652397

Alola's Sableye story part 2
https://pastebin.com/iJNx5NVa

Cyan's Donker chapter 7
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12359877/7/Donker-Samenleving

Manifest's The Dark type Chapter 18
http://archiveofourown.org/works/9113758/chapters/25715169
Manifest's Vincent of Deceit Chapter 8
http://archiveofourown.org/works/9294437/chapters/25822821

Unown's Fledglings chapter 55
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11084689/55/Fledglings

Link any missing stories here
>>
File: hexavvy2.png (117KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
hexavvy2.png
117KB, 230x230px
>Did you ever tell anyone around you about the stuff you write/read? How did they react?

Not IRL. I write smut pretty much exclusively and freaky smut at that so it'd be absolutely mortifying to mention. Online I've shared my stuff with a few other folks, mainly in a friends discord for lewd writing.
>>
4th for I want latinanon to go and stay go.
>>
>>33069603
>TotT: Did you ever tell anyone around you about the stuff you write/read?
Write: No. I don't bother innocent people with my power level.
Read: Rarely. I don't read popular books.
Anyone around [me]: Won't stick around for small-talk.
>>
>ToTT

Eh, none of my friends have the power level to read most of my stuff. Smut aside, I can't get anyone to play Super, anyways.The only person I would even want to talk about this stuff with I can rarely ever see. However, they're also a fic writer and we both used to read fics together in our shitty fandoms, so what little we do talk about is more meaningful than most conversations.

>>33069623
pls

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ij4sYoBb7l02jNKRANr255CZLN3zXnEQQfs4iZgz79s/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>33069603
ToTT: I have mentioned my actual fiction to family and coworkers offhand. Among friends however, they know quite a bit more about its specifics, as well as the fact that I write fanfiction, though I rarely discuss the actual content.

I will gladly share what I read with anyone if it isn't fanfiction, it's just unlikely they'll ask me what I'm reading because most don't care nor do they read.

>>33069750
I could offer you Scholar's Folly and Errant's Hearth, both by me and available here: http://archiveofourown.org/users/traipsingexodus, I just hope that it's what you were actually looking for.
>>
File: 1489785014051[1].png (896KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1489785014051[1].png
896KB, 2000x2000px
>>33069853
I can't tell if this is a complement or insult...
But nonetheless, a certain poster is reporting in.
>>
File: 1485813930023[1].jpg (126KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1485813930023[1].jpg
126KB, 1200x1200px
>>33070144
>TotT
Only indirectly. I've outlined, in the most general details, the scope of my project. How it would be the first of its kind, etc.
Regarding what I'm reading... I may indicate the length of its content (e.g. "I just read 30000 words in 4 hours!"), but never what it actually contains.
I don't know if I want my family members to read my story or not. They're not avid readers, and aren't so familiar with anything Pokémon-related. In any case, they will almost surely not be interested in reading it.
My best friend... probably. When it's finished, whenever that may be.
>>
File: 1474483925382.jpg (274KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1474483925382.jpg
274KB, 768x1024px
>TotT
One close friend is privy to my fanfic writing but only because she's also writing fanfic. A positive reaction, as expected for sharing a niche hobby, we still bounce ideas back and forth despite writing for several different fandoms. Other than that I don't disclose my fanfic writing tendencies offline in an attempt to blend in as a normie, though the continuous suppression of power level becomes a burden if I'm away from the Internet for too long. I might mention to friends in passing I'm working on a sci-fi story. While that's vague enough to not raise any brows, it's also sincerely true since I do have legitimate plans to write a novel after increasing my proficiency as an author via fanfic. I've proven to myself I can write extensive stories, now it's a matter of making sure they're consistently good stories. Experience will get me there. Hopefully.
>>
File: DBVHSCcUAAEq3Zg.png (392KB, 900x680px) Image search: [Google]
DBVHSCcUAAEq3Zg.png
392KB, 900x680px
I got so comfy tonight staring at fireflies that I decided to write a short story about them:
https://pastebin.com/XSXFXWpX

>>33069603
>ToTT
I usually restrict revealing my writing power level to online friends, but I'm usually met with positive responses. As for what I read, I love finding people who know about and enjoy The Wheel of Time series.
>>
>>33070962
>fireflies
It's been a few years since I've seen any.
>>
>>33071025
I'm lucky enough to live near a place where they practically swarm in the summer. Just a short walk away.

How come you haven't seen any for so long?
>>
>>33071044
Perhaps I just don't happen to be outside while they are active but for a few coincidents each decade. I've never received a schedule from the fireflies so it is a matter of chance.
>>
>>33069603
ToTT: No, I never did. Mostly because I'm the only person in 50km radius that actually likes pokemon. But that's the beauty of living in Poland. I don't have any friends who write or are interested in fanfics too, so I just keep them to myself. Oh, and because I live in Poland, out of my many friends only 1 or 2 have the knowledge of English at a level where they would understand what I wrote. I'm at the point where I even think in English.
>>
>>33070038
Mimiga plz show the title of whatever you're writing so that I don't miss it.
>>
>>33069603
Are there any cute fics involving Frillish taking you under the sea?
>>
>>33071025
They suddenly came back this year. I live in the suburb, so it was unusual. I don't even remember seeing fireflies at home for the past decade.
Perhaps the wet spring helped? It rained for two weeks straight, delaying the onset of the Japanese beetle.
>>
>>33072683
>starts out cute
>taken under the sea
>little mermaid
>singing sea creatures
>but no O2
Write a short one with a bad end
>>
>>33073135
>Write a short one
you just did
>>
>>33069853
I second the motion to kick latinanon out
>>
>>33073245
Please liek and subscribe.
>>
>>33074347
But where does the Pokémon come in? Seems like something better off in /lit/ than in /vp/
>>
>>33074457
I mean. The desolated man is transformed into an Astral Projection. Then he is forced to roam around Pokemon world, without almost any ability to communicate, except for dreams and some Pokémon.
>>
File: 1493887227087.png (886KB, 960x560px) Image search: [Google]
1493887227087.png
886KB, 960x560px
>>33074498
Starcitizen-kun, are you at it again? Come on buddy, pack it in.
>>
>>33074589
It was a mere joke (or not). Talking about Alola. I'm disappointed, because the weather is to hot for me. I'm more Mediterranean.
>>
File: Eon.Duo.full.356997[1].jpg (92KB, 770x738px) Image search: [Google]
Eon.Duo.full.356997[1].jpg
92KB, 770x738px
>>33069853
Did something I say seem like an insult in Google Translate?
Your sentence tells me that you need to work on your ESL a little more.
Perhaps you meant to say
"I, the fourth poster, have posted so quickly because I want the Latin-anon to go away, and stay gone."

>>33074113
I was never "in", per se.
You also can't "second" something that has been done three times already. Even though it was done only once, I can't help but suspect that you are the same individual posting in agreement with yourself in order to create the illusion of greater support for your argument than actually exists.
So, presumptive single poster, what is it about me which bothers you so greatly? If it be a reasonable request, I would lief (i.e. willingly, gladly) address your concerns.
Did I hurt your feelings badly?
The real reason that you find my presence unbearable may be one of these things I have done:
>Ruthlessly mocking Digimon (this is a Pokémon board, and you can't expect it to never be hostile to a "rival" franchise, if you can even call it that.)
>Declaiming against certain Pokémon (You think that I have bad taste in Pokémon.)
>Telling degenerates to kill themselves (it's just a stupid joke, you can get away with that thing on this Cypriot agricultural website.)
>I bump a lot of threads (Anything that I did stood out)
>I ruined your trolling streak (you're just here to bully for fun, and I had a witty response to everything you said)
Perhaps you just need a friend.
We don't need to be nemeses.
Let's find points of agreement. Show me your favorites, and then I'll show you mine.
Or, very clearly and plainly, tell me what it is about me that you abhor.
>>
File: fb0.jpg (29KB, 640x432px) Image search: [Google]
fb0.jpg
29KB, 640x432px
>>33074681
>replying to bait
>>
I'm gonna chomp on the hook just because you look like you can use some help.
>Or, very clearly and plainly, tell me what it is about me that you abhor
You're insufferably self-important.
You don't even have a name so people can't filter you.
>not realizing '4th' means '4th reply'
>taking the bait and putting so much energy into it
>Calling samefag on separate IPs
You desperately need to lurk more.
>>
>>33074681
There is in fact, at least two of us.
Now, my reason for disliking you is quite simple. If I wanted to listen to a poumpous windbag, I would turn on my vacuum cleaner and let it sit for a while.
Your posts, your tone, eveything that you type has that effect on me. It goes on for too long but has nothing of substance.
>>
>>33075327
Well, fair enough. That would make sense.
I try to make myself as clear as possible, but in the process, I end up confusing many people.
I'll prove my writing abilities, though.
I, too, have quite a low opinion of self-proclaimed experts. Dunning-Kruger may apply here, but I hate phonies just as much as you do.
If respect must be earned, then I'll do it with quality writing.
>>
File: 1500554045239.jpg (237KB, 1152x662px) Image search: [Google]
1500554045239.jpg
237KB, 1152x662px
>In theory, a Porygon-Z can DDoS a network and, if particularly malicious, flood a website with an inordinate number of spam posts.
Recent events have colored this brief segment of my story.
>>
>>33076052
How about proving it in your native tongue before trying the latin thing?
Writing fanfic in latin isn't an achievement, it's a gimmick. At best it's a gimmick that distracts from how bad the story might be, and infuses it with worth regardless as a novelty. At worst it's a gimmick that prevents many people from enjoying an otherwise excellent tale.
>>
File: 19210876_p0.jpg (1MB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
19210876_p0.jpg
1MB, 1500x1000px
Content Bump:

[The Dark Type] Chapter 19, "Shift in the Sands": http://archiveofourown.org/works/9113758/chapters/25975164
>>
File: nidorina.png (30KB, 687x775px) Image search: [Google]
nidorina.png
30KB, 687x775px
I've been enjoying this (unfinished) story about a Nidorina who leaves her burrow on Mt. Moon to try out life with a human trainer- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12543570/1/The-Mountain
>>
File: 1497978480350[1].jpg (49KB, 1024x814px) Image search: [Google]
1497978480350[1].jpg
49KB, 1024x814px
>>33076661
Yeah... I'll write something in English first. I got an idea for a side story. Several, actually.
One is involving a coal miner's strike spearheaded by the grandfather of the main character in my pizza-related opus.
I can easily work on "building up" a continuity in English, writing side stories dealing with the characters.
The Latin thing isn't really a gimmick; it really is a technical achievement, since it hasn't been done before. I have many reasons to write in that language.
Notwithstanding that my main characters' designs are based off Roman tutelary deities (Lares and Genii). It just made sense, that the name Lati@s comes from Latius, meaning "of Latium".
Latium was a city from ancient Etruscan civilization.
>"The Etruscans were a monogamous society that emphasized pairing."
The Latins eventually conquered the Etruscans when they were confronted by the Gauls in the North. Their capital was made to be Rome, and they were called the Romans afterward.
Also, you know the word "Romance"? It ultimately came from the name of Rome. My story will have that, but... there will be a great surprise to most who read. I sincerely doubt that anybody has reconciled those two philosophies of story-writing, explicit and pure?

My antagonists have never been used before, either.
They'll hit so close to home. The greatest evil imaginable...
There's a reason that I said that I had a moral obligation to write this story as well as I could.

Perhaps I'll write each chapter in Latin first, and then translate it into English?
It's only a gimmick if I'm trying to attract unwarranted attention, not to the content of the story, but the context of the story.
Don't worry; I'm very confident in my English skills.
Anyway, about that coal-miners' strike... Let me spill a few details.
>>
>>33077854
>reconciled explicit and pure

People have done that. It's called having chapters that have smut and chapters that don't in the same work.
>>
>>33077870
No, not even that.
... it's really hard to explain, but...
Laundry detergent is my best analogy. Sorry.
... when you read it, you'll see what I was doing...
Reconcile isn't really the best word...

Perhaps you could say that my story "does not encourage bad behavior?"
>>
>>33077854
>it really is a technical achievement, since it hasn't been done before. I have many reasons to write in that language.
I could be the first person who willingly jumps into a running jet turbine. It wouldn't be an achievement, it'd just be showy suicide.
I could be the first person who translates every script in Christopher Nolan's filmography into ancient Norman and it wouldn't be an achievement, it'd be maddened folly.
The key to understanding the attitude of your critics is to realize that very few people give any fucks if you write fanfic in Latin, besides curiosity.

>My antagonists have never been used before, either.
>They'll hit so close to home. The greatest evil imaginable...
>There's a reason that I said that I had a moral obligation to write this story as well as I could.
See all this shit? This is the unwarranted self-importance anons accuse you of, on full display. And here's a hint;
>... it's really hard to explain, but...
>... when you read it, you'll see what I was doing...
If you can't explain the themes and messages of your story in short for, you WILL NEVER be able to fulfill them in long for, and there are NO EXCEPTIONS to this.
Jesus Christ we can't even trust you to use ellipses correctly or with moderation, and if you're "very confident in your English skills," how can we then trust you with anything else, no matter how confident you are?
>>
>>33077854
Also I'm going to reveal my powerlevel for the benefit of the thread and show everyone just where your supposedly game-changing material comes from;
>my pizza-related opus.
From an earlier post of yours several threads ago, your plot is - only slightly paraphrasing - "the fight against a cabal of world leaders who indulge in child sacrifice behind the front of semi-legitimate pizza restaurants."
>Literally pizzagate
We could just go to /pol/ and get your entire fucking story in a couple flowcharts and infographics, m8. At least we wouldn't have to read Latin to understand it.
>My antagonists have never been used before, either.
If you seriously think that a NWO/Illuminati/TheMan/whatthefuckever has never been used as an antagonist... I don't really know what to say, because 'that's bullshit' is orders of magnitude too weak.

Why stop there? Lets examine the whole pre-presentation
>Fetishization of moral purity/purification, and the work as a vehicle therein
>Leaning heavily on Roman themes
>WRITING IN FUCKING LATIN
>Belief that this work will be somehow transformational
>LITERALLY PIZZAGATE
You want to write /vpol/: The Fanfic and there's no other way to describe it, man. I'm not sure how you thought this was just going to slip by people, honestly. I'd say you're trying to troll /vpwt/ but I first saw you rear your autistic head in a lati@s thread so that can't be it. You must be some sort of atavistic neo-roman true believer who can only express themselves by hijacking franchises.

Go back to /pol/ and stay there.
>Captcha
>Grove Ave
>>
>>33078447
You know, I suspected the same thing, that it was just pizzagate or some /pol/shit. Glad to know I'm not paranoid.
>>
>>33078462
The worst part is, exploring the (possible) linguistic roots of the Lati's names is actually a REALLY FUCKING COOL CONCEPT and he's just trashing it, with his /pol/ plot, his dead language fetish, his arrogance. I think that's what pushes this from 'meh' to 'mad' for me. SO much wasted potential.
>>
File: 63798591_p5.jpg (318KB, 1050x500px) Image search: [Google]
63798591_p5.jpg
318KB, 1050x500px
>>33074681
if you write more about frogs you can stay
>>
>>33076052
>phonies
fuck off holden
>>
File: 1500178948662.jpg (28KB, 459x186px) Image search: [Google]
1500178948662.jpg
28KB, 459x186px
>>33074498
>>33074347
>>33074631

oh no...he's back again.

Can you and latinanon plz fight cage match style to the death?
>>
Any recommendations for human turning into a pokemon? Dosent matter if its a mystery dungeon or any other plot method. Already read all the dungeon fics in the pastebin.
>>
File: 64778[1].png (47KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
64778[1].png
47KB, 700x700px
>>33078500
You haven't even read it?
I'm sorry to have disappointed you. Really, I thought that you would like it very much.
I'll put that much more effort into writing the story. The side stories, as well.
>SO much wasted potential
:(
>>33078258
It's both, you idiot.
No exceptions... Why read anything in full? Why not just read a summary every time?

Do you care about archaeology?
>very few people give any fucks about archaeology, besides curiosity
Then who cares if ISIS bombs historic mosques?

Tell me which writing style guide permits the capitalization of words in the middle of sentences, before you criticize me for beginning sentences with ellipses. You're a fucking hypocrite.

>>33078447
Show me anything remotely similar, and I'll concede.
I'll even proof-read a hundred of your stories, or some shit like that.
I'm not trying to be antagonistic here. But when I praise myself for doing anything, you take that as a mortal blow to your ego.
Do you even write, or are you just here to criticize me?
If you're a writer, chill the fuck out. I'm not an existential threat, you know.
If you're a troll, get the fuck out.
If you're a shill, do acts of sabotage.
>>33078462
If somebody was doing the same exact story, but in reverse (an innocent pizza-chain gets targeted by frenzied denizens of an Arabian florist website) (also, we learn that purity is worthless and there is no such thing as perfection.) I would have no problem. It would not be a threat to my worldview. In fact, why don't you, >>33078447 , do just that? If you have such a hate fetish for my story, why don't you try to write the exact opposite story? Why the hell not? Why not do it in as arrogant of a way as possible, just for the hell of it?

Whew. Typing out all that was cathartic.
>>33079106
Sure. I like frogs.
I'll get one in my mining story.
>>
>>33079516
I noticed that, it made me chuckle
>>
>>33079705
>Then who cares if ISIS bombs historic mosques?
Are you autistic? Normal people can understand that cultural importance, even if not of their culture, trumps archaeology in the minds of many. The people upset about idols being smashed don't give a shit about archaeology.
>>
File: 1486624621336.jpg (15KB, 347x379px) Image search: [Google]
1486624621336.jpg
15KB, 347x379px
>>32972061

Here's the real past thread.
>>
>>33079548
Hmm.
I haven't read any of these, but they got the most favorites.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6667359/1/The-Black-Latios
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11133153/1/Dragonfall
(Power Gap)
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4017473/1/Metamorphosis
(Power Gap)
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10841287/1/Revival-of-The-Betrayed
(Power Gap)
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10906332/1/True-Eons
(Power Gap)
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11012678/1/I-Became-a-Vulpix
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12061106/1/Ash-the-new-Darkrai
Like I said, they got a lot of favorites, but I didn't read them.
>>
>>33079705
>This is how he handles criticism
You're in the wrong field
At least get a name or trip so people can filter you. Says writers are recommended to have one write in the OP. Repeating it here for your benefit, because with how little you seem to understand board culture, I wouldn't expect you to have read it.
>>
>>33079705
>But when I praise myself for doing anything, you take that as a mortal blow to your ego.
Holy shit LISTEN TO YOURSELF
This entire post was getting mad on behalf of a lack of accomplishments and /pol/. THE ENTIRE POST.

>I'm not an existential threat, you know.
You think I'm threatened? You're as 'threatening' as starcitizen over there. You two should collab; you both have a fascination with quasi-deity characters, and we can learn just how awful you two are writing while only having to read a single story.

The only thing here that's threatened is the caliber of discussion. See, I know your type. You act as if your story was commissioned by God Himself. You think your middling-to-poor skills are similarly heaven-sent. Other fanfiction is basic, beneath your holy cause. You've a compulsion to make writing a vehicle for not-even-thinly-veiled political tracts or commentary. And, as you've aptly proved, completely incapable of taking pushback in stride. Those last few mean you'll just poison the discourse here.

From your earlier posts I already knew you wouldn't accept anyone speaking against you, so I'm not really doing this with any expectation you'll change. I'm doing this so anyone else who wants to write
>Literally Pizzagate: The Fanfiction
will pause and consider whether or not that shit flies here
Hint; it doesn't.

>Show me anything remotely similar, and I'll concede.
Here's a pokemon fanfic tagged 'Conspiracy Theories'
http://archiveofourown.org/works/4591941
AO3 lists 271 fics tagged 'Government Conspiracy'
http://archiveofourown.org/works/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&work_search[freeform_names]=Government+Conspiracy
It lists 41 tagged Illuminati
http://archiveofourown.org/works/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&work_search[freeform_names]=Illuminati
I even get two hits for 'Conspiracy'+'Pizza' though I doubt either are related.

The only thing special about your plot is that it comes from /pol/.
>>
>>33079705
Let's see. As I have read in the subsequent post, we could collaborate order to improve our stories at the same time we got a necessary balance, between the quality and sentimentalistyc behavior of the characters and our own God Tier desires.
>>
>>33082096
Get
>>
>>33079414
I don't know this dude.
>>33080794
Pot calling the kettle black. Use a nametag, if you're not a hypocrite.

>>33081565
>See, I know your type
You've got a good imagination; I wish that I could attribute such specious motives to other people for their actions.
Obviously, I'm a rogue Russian shill who was sent to prevent Her Majesty's victory.

>caliber of discussion.
I put a lot of effort into some of my posts.
You put a lot of effort into trashing me.
Bravo.
>Other fanfiction is basic, beneath your holy cause
When did I ever disparage other people's fanfiction? You've continually disparaged me. Is criticizing me your holy cause? Am I some kind of bogeyman? Is self-admiration tantamount to criticizing others?
Is everything a totem pole to you? You're using the Win-Lose attitude.
Projecting your own insecurities onto me.
No, I haven't ever viciously attacked anybody else's fanfiction here yet. You have done exactly this.
Name one story that I have specifically targeted and deemed inferior.
You won't.
Have I been doing this continually?
>poison the discourse
I'm seeing more negativity here than on a television cathode.
>remotely similar
Yeah, there's quite a bit on the same general topic of "Government Conspiracy".
Almost none in Pokémon.
And that was just ONE unique aspect of my story. You're implacable.
>wouldn't accept anyone speaking against you.

>I'm not really doing this with any expectation you'll change.
How confident are you in your worldview? Are you willing to change when presented with contradictory evidence? What do you do when you experience cognitive dissonance? Do you change your mind?

>flies here
We're all a hive mind here, sure. There are no starter wars, gen wars, etc.

The main takeaway I get from reading your
posts is /pol/ = wrong, and always wrong
GO AWAY HITLER REEEEEE

>>33082096
I love to correct grammar; the idea of taking a badly written story and putting it in Proper English is highly appealing to me.
>>
>>33081565
Yes, but in first term I'm wrote first in complex Spanish, and then try to translate in English, so the grammar is affect by the sophisticated terms that I'm used to in Spanish. Anyway, I would be glad to collaborate with you in near future.
>>
File: 61563606_p9.png (361KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
61563606_p9.png
361KB, 700x700px
>>33082919
>Pot calling the kettle black. Use a nametag, if you're not a hypocrite.

names are for writers, not for the average lurker

also gr8 trolling, it was about time we got another dude to help move the threads along
>>
>>33082958
Neat.
Yeah, I don't know Spanish, but I do understand what you're saying.
>>
>>33082985
In this case. I would be happy to help you with translation to Spanish. And you could help me with English grammar. As I said above, I'm willing to collaborate with you.
>>
my god, what have we done
>>
File: 63096194_p11.jpg (492KB, 1748x1181px) Image search: [Google]
63096194_p11.jpg
492KB, 1748x1181px
Well I finally picked a proper name for my fic after 2 fucking years. Praise the weaving maid.

I have no festive Jirachi pics so take an undefined fantastic object
>>
>>33082919
I think I get the essence of what's going on back and forth here between you two. I can help you prove him wrong, at least when it comes to handling feedback. I'll lay it out as items with reasoning just like any good critique.

It all comes down to the fact this is fanfiction; you're taking it way too seriously.
>the 'moral obligation'.
You have no moral obligation to write fanfiction. You want to. Really badly, for sure, but it's just plain ol' desire. Hold on to it, for it's important, but start calling it by what it truly is, because precise identification is an important skill for writers.
>Realize your work can't and won't be have the paradigm-shifting impact you might be looking for.
If it's so important, go write original content. Even there, you've got quite an uphill battle before you can write something with such impact. Writing fanfiction is accepting that you're already forced to live with a fundamental unseriousness.
>Don't be animated by a political message
Anon was right about one thing; all but the most basic political messages typically fall flat in this format. This might be a quirk of this particular franchise; properties that already take place in our world would probably be able to handle such things better.

I second the calls of the more charitable here to work on something else first. But work on it not to build up a canon leading to your Big Piece. Work on it with a mind you might want to leave that piece behind. Ask yourself why this more important story of yours can't be an original work, despite the benefits being OC would have to its message.
>>
>>33084158
You’ve made some valid points. I had some time to think about this; you’re right about me not getting the big picture.
I wasn’t really thinking about my story in terms of “fun” and “seriousness”. I thought about “effort”, “quality” and “enjoyment”.
But I’ll take special care to include lots of puns and satirical content. My mind was so focused on the serious content, that I forgot everything else. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
I’m also going to focus on doing small projects before working on bigger projects.
I don’t know how I could ever repay you over the internet for this advice… Wait, I’ll give you a word. That’s how I’ll reward people: words. Treasure it as a token of my appreciation. (“Treasure” and “thesaurus” came from the same word, after all.)
>Poeēessa. (pronounced Poy-ay-ess-sah)
The ancient name of the modern community of “Pisses” on the island of Kea, in Greece.
>>
File: ss+(2017-07-21+at+07.38.47).jpg (64KB, 457x734px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-07-21+at+07.38.47).jpg
64KB, 457x734px
Au Coup Par Coup, Chapter 10: "Karan does not actually appear despite the attached image" Edition is now live!

http://archiveofourown.org/works/7262536/chapters/26003253
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12009986/10/Au-Coup-Par-Coup
>>
>>33086171

I can't believe Charles is a fucking murderer
>>
>>33087298
There's a running theme behind Ignace and Charles that is probably slowly becoming more apparent with each chapter. Ignace mentions it himself.
>>
File: Pokemon Mysteries.png (3MB, 2700x3837px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Mysteries.png
3MB, 2700x3837px
This was neat inspiration for me maybe you'll feel the same.
>>
>>33087364
Yeah, I noticed and already guessed at it, but it was shocking to see it confirmed in such a direct way. That scene was very dramatic, good job man.
>>
File: 63096194_p30.jpg (107KB, 1036x868px) Image search: [Google]
63096194_p30.jpg
107KB, 1036x868px
So what of ghost types? Are they all malicious? Do drifloon contribute to Sinnoh's child mortality rate? Do litwick only take trainers because they want to eat tasty human souls? Are duskull widely reviled for traumatizing normal children, or are they feared for being drawn to children already suffering? I have my own ideas, but I'd like to hear others'.
>>
File: 1500505836854.jpg (68KB, 530x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500505836854.jpg
68KB, 530x600px
>>33087839
tis all based on the personality of the individual mon.

To say anything more concrete would invoke racial stereotypes and 4chan has never been the place for that kind of talk.
>>
File: 1460517974121.png (2MB, 2397x1619px) Image search: [Google]
1460517974121.png
2MB, 2397x1619px
>>33087839
They're not all malicious, though some are predisposed towards it because of the ways in which they are "born." I tend to avoid the whole "ghost pokemon hatching from egg" business and instead set up a far more complicated system involving a variety of metaphysical interactions and crazy bullshit only possible through the machinations of a deity but it was worth it to make it so that an egg didn't give rise to a fucking spirit.

Ghosts occupy exceptionally complicated roles for most regions - because some can be malicious, some are helpful, some are deceivers and some are just pranksters, they tend to have a negative stigma. This is doubly so in the case of Ghost types that are associated with nastier things, such as Dusknoir.

Ghost type pokemon are also probably in second place for most species to be capable of human speech in a limited to expansive manner. There are a few I marked specifically as not speaking (the Drifloon line, for instance) and some don't ever learn to speak other languages in the first place because they never encounter people, but generally speaking I rather like giving them speech - especially if they can provide alternative perspectives on life and its many quirks (or in their case, unlife, as seen in "Haunted.")

It's a very fun type to work with and the pool is large enough and varied enough that you can pull interesting heroes and villains alike out of it and have them do crazy occult shit under the protection of "because ghosts."
>>
File: kanto.jpg (22KB, 624x209px) Image search: [Google]
kanto.jpg
22KB, 624x209px
>>33087876
>reminder that these are the only canon ghost pokemon
>>
File: 1299393478991.jpg (81KB, 390x421px) Image search: [Google]
1299393478991.jpg
81KB, 390x421px
>>33088125
>that bait
>>
>>33087757
Thanks mate, I'm happy to hear I managed to pull it off.
>>
File: 1458573279224.png (351KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458573279224.png
351KB, 1280x720px
>>33087839
My theory, take it with a grain of salt.
>Ghost types are made manifest mainly by the regret of others. Especially powerful ones like [redacted] only come into existence when the regret is so strong that without it the individual in question would lose their memory. Regret becomes a manifestation. This can happen when someone dies really angrily or simply when their feelings are drained from a Psychic move or some other siphoning method.
TL;DR Ghosts are formed from the regret of their forebearer.
>>
>>33087839
>>33089339 (cont.)
As for general maliciousness, it is true they are predisposed to acting in accordance with what caused them to enter their specter state of being. This however does not eliminate the ability to overcome such a hardship. It's by and large easier to play pranks without a physical body, but that becomes jejune over time. Ghost types that have been in existence longer tend to use their powers in ways that either are for the benefit of others (a redemption of character or “soul”) or to destroy as much as their form allows (the cathartic "getting even" with the world for becoming a monster and unable to remember why). Needless to say, hate often breeds hate.
>drifloon and litwick
Certainly these species stand to gain by having energy sources nearby, and not every individual will choose to devour your soul completely. However, that is not to say they are all able to curb their appetite. Some will based on their history in a previous life. If you are a trainer it could be a long journey to figure out who the ghost once was in order to unlock their full potential.
>duskull
The most relevant dichotomy is the one you articulate here. Is it the ghost's fault for being made into a ghost? Not at face value. But acting in accordance with powers allowing them to target the vulnerable? Absolutely. I believe the answer hinges on whether the individual creating the ghost ever had a possibility of redemption while in life. If so, even if that shot was never acted upon, it would adulterate the principle regret creating the ghost. With less than pure regret, redemption is unlikely; however, it is not beyond the pale.
>>
File: 1436255672782.jpg (12KB, 284x279px) Image search: [Google]
1436255672782.jpg
12KB, 284x279px
>find a fanfic that was on a recommended list
>5 chapters and ~25,000 words
>read
>it's actually pretty engrossing and the battles are well-written
>lots of promise
>finish chapter 5
>cliffhanger
>realize it hasn't been updated since May 2016
>author hasn't uploaded anything since
Truly suffering.
>>
>>33088170
sauce?
>>
>>33089339
>TL;DR Ghosts are formed from the regret of their forebearer.

>you buy an old house
>comes with a piano that's left behind
>in the middle of the night, you hear Chopsticks
>you have a Ghost-type pokemon that plays Chopsticks on your piano at 3 a.m. every damn night
>you regret buying the house
>you have two Ghost-type pokemon that play Chopsticks in different octaves on your piano at 3 a.m. every damn night
>you break the piano into little pieces, then wish you'd just sold the haunted thing since it was probably worth something
>you have three Ghost-type pokemon that play Chopsticks on your pots and pans at 3 a.m. every damn night
>you can't take it anymore
>you become an ghost
>you learn that it's fun to play chopsticks at 3 a.m. every damn night

"Somebody else practicing music" is a special kind of living hell.
>>
>>33089715
This post makes me think things.

>write a story completely, and make a bunch of different versions of the last chapter
>post it all at once
>then update it by switching last chapters a bunch of times, then delete the last chapter
>make like it's an incomplete cliffhanger
>wait till people ask about it and somebody claims to have saved the missing part before it was gone
>create sock puppets and post any "last chapters" that people missed
>start arguments over which is the "real" one.
>reappear as the author, announce self publishing the whole thing including the real last chapter
>crowdfundit
>ship the books
>the last eleven pages are blank

Someday, when everything is on computers where it is forever safe, a hero will emerge. A cracker like none before who will hack into The Goog, establish unlimited access, and run a worm that will crawl through every snapshot and backup, identify the last chapter(s) of every story ever written, and in one glorious moment, delete them all.

And on that day, humanity will be given a new freedom. And on that day, humanity will complain without enthusiasm, see no sense in keeping around incomplete stories, and abandon the partial texts, if not deleting them for more storage space. And on that day, nothing will change, because all that was lost was never truly had.

I'm quite greentexty today and I don't know why. I need to get Work In Progress Chapter Niney. Hopefully, lunch will give me the power.
>>
>>33090095
>self-publishing fan fiction for money
I SHIGGITY DIGGITY DO DOP WIGGITY DO

However, what would happen if Pokémon/Nintendo ever followed the old Star Wars "Expanded Universe" model, and would allow for people to basically publish book-length fan fiction as actual books, but have it reviewed and approved by them in exchange to meet obvious E-rated standards and to prevent a flooding of the market?

Would it usher in a literary renaissance and encourage reading and writing among younger Pokémon fans or be the greatest mistake in Pokémon history?
>>
File: fun_times.gif (884KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
fun_times.gif
884KB, 500x375px
>>33089873
But hey, at least you'll have company! Isn't that what misery loves? Could it be the reason why this thread attracts authors?

>>33090431
It would be lucrative unless you exclusively wrote smut. Then again you could publish the clean version for dosh and include a coded lenny face somewhere for e-cred.

Progress report
Chapter 2 is close to done, aiming to have something to show for this thread. Because there's more action involving thievery and other sneaky behavior, it slows down the editing process when I stop to think, "Would it look better if I portrayed it __X__ way instead?" The variable being either perspective, or a character's flashing thoughts as the event occurs in real time. I have taken time to revamp my prologue as well.

To all those writing, good luck.
>>
>>33090431
>to meet obvious E-rated standards
Well that leaves me SOL and JWF.
>>
>>33090653
Two age categories: E and 13+

Better?
>>
>>33090431
I didn't say fan-fiction, just a story. Troll them normies a good 'un. Then write a fan-fiction that cites the event.

>>33090536
>The variable being either perspective, or a character's flashing thoughts as the event occurs in real time.
Which perspective will make the reader feel more involved? Does the reader sympathize with the thief/sneak or the one thieved/snucked-over?
>>
File: Cy055awUAAEdc8m.png (301KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cy055awUAAEdc8m.png
301KB, 1200x1200px
Hmmm...

I'm kinda getting stumped on something. I want to do an altoshipping fic, but I'm not sure if I should use the trio that come at the end of the movie as a catalyst for growth or make some other external force make her leave her home.

Also, is there any advice on what to generally do with the anime cast and their pokemon? Generally speaking at any given time there is a lot of characters, so the pokemon teams role may need to be diminished to keep the story itself not so bloated.
>>
>>33090844
>not just uploading the last chapter on FF.net under a completely different fandom
>>
>>33089715
>deadfic
>>33094157
>[muffled eurobeat intensifies]

– The Aspiring Author
Load my story into the archive,
even if I try to cancel,
file's entered into the site.
Now it's flashing on their eyes.

Don't you see my fan fiction submission,
It just updated again!
Can't you see now, devotion
to all that I write!

– The Avid Reader
SOMETHING NEW! Never read one like this before!
(Scrolling so damn long…) And I'm sure it's not a reupload.
FOLLOW YOU! "Next chapter when?" A mystery!
(Waiting to complete…) Characters' fates I'm begging to see, MOAR!

WHERE ARE YOU? Other stories are paled by yours.
(Going on three weeks…) I tried some but they don't entertain.
ARE YOU ILL? Do you do this to worry me?
(I'm your biggest fan!) Signs of life are all I need to see, PLEASE!

[instrumental time passage]

— The Lackadaisical Author
Busy with life and other interests,
my fan fiction, long forgotten.
Notice a rogue internet mail,
Now it's flashing on my eyes.

Capitalized admissions, addictions
hoping that I'll post again.
Continuing old stories,
It takes too much time.

– The Despondent Reader
CHECK UPDATES! Almost forgot, it's been so long.
(Can't admit defeat…) Plenty others are new every week:
They're okay; none ever touching me like yours.
(I wish you could see…) It mustn't die but in my memory… O…

NOTHING NEW! Greatest story on F-F-N;
(It's been dead for years…) And I know that all hope is now lost.
WHAT TO DO? Other readers, please morn with me.
(Pour and raise a glass) To all the endings that we'll never see, NOOOOOO!

In the music video, we see typewriters with R-type stickers sliding sideways around hairpin curves made of stacked handwritten manuscripts.
>>
>>33095289
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiwtptB-qlg
>>
File: 63096194_p3.jpg (310KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
63096194_p3.jpg
310KB, 750x1334px
So the games and anime give us an extremely sugar-coated look at a trainer's life. In the former, ten year old kids run around loaded and are never strapped for cash past the first gym, and there's no camping/cooking/stamina/sleep schedule mechanic for trainer or pokemon so you're never forced to think about what happens when night falls between towns. In the anime, someone always has money and someone is always a master cook, and they manage to keep their massive amount of supplies in tiny little backpacks.

How hard do you think being a travelling trainer (as opposed to mom letting little Timmy battle his pet bagon at the park with the other kids) is? Wouldn't there be a huge risk of kidnapping and murder for novice trainers with weak pokemon? Wouldn't there be an even higher risk of pneumonia, hypothermia, sepsis, and various types of food poisoning for kids who have to hunt and rough it on their own?

I hear a lot of people use the "but the pokemon world is confirmed to be nicer than our world" reasoning, but under most circumstances, this sounds like a cop-out to me. It's also canon that ghosts are kangaskhan are born from eggs, but we all know that's retarded, right? I think the "muh saccharine world" meme should be taken with a grain of salt as should all other pieces of info we have.
>>
>>33096558
Well, it's a utopia. It requires some suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>33096558
A lot of people who shoot for more realism make the mistake of forgetting that it's a different world with a society that should be different from ours in some way. Even if canon is "too nice", it would not actually make sense to view Pokémon training solely based on IRL conditions. E.g. if the trainer's journey is considered something the average kid is supposed to undertake, society should take some effort to prepare kids for it. The common fanfic cliche of "noob kid starts training, acts like IRL city kid, gets his ass handed to him" is not realistic, it's the result of nonexistent worldbuilding.

>>33096715
Utopia is not the only possible interpretation.
>>
>>33096558
Honestly, to me, the whole "Do you really think a 10-year-old can survive out in that kind of world?" thing is an issue with me, because the answer actually can be "Yes."

Think of it from a cultural perspective. You can find memoirs written about young kids (teens and younger) learning to live in conditions we'd consider harsh, and they see as normal. See Yeonmi Park, who lived in North Korea and escaped at the age of 14, or Brigitte Gabriel, who lived in a Lebanonese bomb shelter from age 10 to 17 during the civil war, or any number of these kinds of people and their biographies.

Well, didn't they have adults help them, you might ask? Yes, as does the MC of the Pokémon games, though more visible in the later games than in Red's journey. And even there, there was Professor Oak who had his aides scattered across the region, ready to give Red an HM or Key Item to help him on his quest, as well as Nurse Joy(s) and the occasional police officer, as well as other non-villain adult figures.

"B-B-But those are extreme examples, North Korea and war-torn Lebanon."

Yes, and this is the world of Pokémon. The point is, a child's upbringing has a lot to do with the environment they grow up in. If you grow up in a world of powerful and dangerous creatures, surrounded on all sides by wilderness and mystical legend, it should be no surprise that Pokémon's 11-year-olds are more capable of going on these journeys than you'd think the average person of our world would be.

Same with diseases and food prep. Natural immunity (see smallpox not killing Europeans, but killing natives) and the Pokémon world's childhood education (with food prep, survival skills, etc.).
>>
>>33096779
>can't plan against
what is own tempo
what is lum berry
what is taunt
what is magic bounce
what is magic coat
>turns the game into a flip of the coin
what are status moves with less than 100% accuracy
what are attach moves with less than 100% accuracy
why do pokemon trainers switch pokemons around
why do pokemon trainers predict when the opponent switches pokemon
>unfun
At least with confusion there's the thrill of whether your pokemon will attack. Besides, it ends quickly. In stall it's literally the same thing over and over until turn 169.
>>
File: 1483780114560.gif (83KB, 379x387px) Image search: [Google]
1483780114560.gif
83KB, 379x387px
>>33096877
Excuse me?
>>
>>33096877
a wild smogon appeared!
smogon used tier list!
...but nothing happened!
>>
>>33096877
>yomi is the same as RNG

This opinion being so common is why competitive Pokémon and its players are and will always be a joke.
>>
>>33096877
You meant to post this in a different thread, I presume?
>>
File: disgust.jpg (59KB, 453x439px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
59KB, 453x439px
>>33096877
>posts in wrong thread
>doesn't even do the right thing and remove his post

It's not even hard.
>>
>>33096823
I didn't mean to imply that I thought young children wouldn't necessarily have the grit to travel cross-country with minimal assistance. I agree that in a world where training is the most popular sport and "journeys" are considered a rite of passage for children starting at pubescence, the average parent would prepare their children for the challenges that lie ahead. However, I see this glossed over all too often. I'd like to see a trainer journey fic with elements reminiscent of Hatchet (except with narration that doesn't give you a fucking migraine with how dry and emotionless it is), like hunting, cleaning, preparation, eating-gross-shit-out-of-desperation. I wouldn't want it to be a tale of how miserable life in the wild is, but just some realism. Not everyone can just stockpile cans of beans and lug them from Floaroma to Eterna.

I could branch off into ten other related issues, but I'll limit my autism.
>>
>>33096558
There's a myriad of ways to handle the issue(s) of travelling as a Trainer without making the world any less savory. Most rely on recognizing the view we get in the games -as you comment on about "lack of mechanics"- as abbreviated by nature and need, intended mostly to be representative of the "core matter" of the games.

For example, routes; we are not given open-world access, rather just as in IRL we have a discipline such as crosscountrying, there is a set of allowed, restricted paths that are marked and kept watch over. Facilities for important but everyday and booooooring tasks are spread around. Since they are boooring GF is allowed to sit them over.

But this whole Pokémon Training is not something new. It has been going on for at least 40-50 years in the anime (+20 or so more if also mixing the games). The culture, society and technology allow this to happen, meaning they were developed enough in advance for it to function in at least some capacity. Cops, rangers, medical treatments, tracking of young Trainers in the open, sportmanship, rankings, training facilities, legal responsibility, financial issues, everything Just Works™ at least in the big picture order. It's just we don't know how because we are shown nothing of it (boooooring) so we are free to make our own model of ideally non-boring things-that-work.

So, for a more precise question of "how"? Well, at that point it comes down to each author's worldbuilding and paradigm choices. I, for one prefer to work with a world that points to realism but doesn't eschew the core aspect of the franchise of being "amicable" or "sugary" instead of the memetic "lol realistic aka 'I want things to be edgelord and ugly'" (actually a pretty *un*realistic view of realism, but hey that's the internet for you).

So I guess my world's Trainers, if on the big picture, just frolick around learning about the world on government dime. Because who wouldn't want to become awesome on government dime?
>>
I had an idea for a pathfinder-esque pokemon campaign, but the plot is fanfic bullshit to the nth degree. Should I go for it anyways?
>>
>>33097623
It only matters if you have players. Everyone only matters with players.

Do you have players?
>>
>>33097555
>on government dime
Government doesn't have dimes. Those are citizens' dimes, reallocated according to anticipated effects on voter turnout.

>>33097623
Is it fun fanfic bullshit?
>>
>>33097946
The idea is that it's an evil team that uses exclusively ultra beasts. Because they're from ultra space...sort of.
>>
>>33097623
your problem isn't that you have a fanfic bullshit plot, it's that you want a pathfinder-like system.
>>
>>33097959
>evil team that uses exclusively ultra beasts
Cool finalé bro. What do your people fight against before reaching max level?
>>
>>33097959
>The idea is that it's an evil team that uses exclusively ultra beasts
Nice. I had a similar idea a few days ago (But I wasn't going to actually use it. Just a concept, you know.) The idea was what if there was a secret trainer (kinda like Red in GSC) that just had a full team of 6 UBs, in a game where UBs had made no appearances, had never even been mentioned even in passing, and the player had no clue they were even in the game.
>>
>>33097981
I haven't thought that far ahead.
>>
>>33090952
Ahh

No one?
>>
>>33098457
It's the anime, way far out of my potential range of fiction. By the sounds of it, though, you're probably only going to be referencing pokemon as secondary characters to be glanced at most of the time. They are trainers, so the pokemon are being trained, cared for, and fed-- most of which in the background as filling until one of them becomes relevant to the cast.
>>
Anyone who wants his fics being translated to Spanish?
>>
>>33100488
No gracias, I'm doing that myself.

Still, sounds interesting, I hope some gente takes up the offer.
>>
File: 1477447869360.png (441KB, 588x642px) Image search: [Google]
1477447869360.png
441KB, 588x642px
Lazy Sunday bump.
>>
wow
>>
>>33104308
Yeah ikr?

>CAPTCHA
>tank sliders
>>
I'm trying to make the plot with Team Rocket in Johto better, but I ended up with a Celebi asspull just like the manga
>>
>>33106777
What are you, me?
>>
Requesting a story where we meet a powerful trainer, that is near perfect, but in reality is being manipulated by his/her Zoroak.
>>
>>33107316
The perfection is real but his motivations are manipulated by Zoroark; or the success is an elaborate illusion Zoroark's using to give Master satisfaction?
>>
>>33107316
>>33108024

>Being able to Illusion stuff like digital news reports, stock options and credit offers, and changing idioms and marketing trends in the colloquial language.
>At least it's not an OP Psychic.
Sign me right in.

>CAPTCHA
>Mexico farmacia
>drugstores
>nah, a fic with that premise makes up for the amount of hallucinogens that I'll need for the week
>>
>>33108024
The Zoroak is evil to de marrow. The rest is your creativity.
>>
>>33108952
Or the second option of an illusion is very interesting too.
>>
File: 1f7259c27b.jpg (114KB, 1263x883px) Image search: [Google]
1f7259c27b.jpg
114KB, 1263x883px
Bump.
>>
>>33108952
>The Zoroak is evil to de marrow
Doesn't that go without saying?

>>33110284
…letting the days go by…
>>
>>33107316
Not really the same thing, but i'm attmepting to think up a plot for a story with a Zoroark who's considered the town thief, and trying to get his one shot at redemption.
>>
>>33111415
ITT everybody writes Zoroark.
>>
>>33112550
Funny enough, I'm trying to write a story about a not-evil zoroark myself.
>>
>>33112550
we all love Zoroark
>>
>>33110302
Hey, who says all Zoroark are bad?
>>
>>33113388
smogon
>>
File: 1499418013458.gif (289KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1499418013458.gif
289KB, 500x375px
You ever give your characters horoscopes based on when their birthdays are or is that too much autism even for /vpwt/?
My general idea is to make it pertinent when one of the characters goes on a fortune-telling, palm reading binge because she can. You probably know the type, the weirdo who loves that star-reading shit. Compelled to make it somewhat believable when characters engage in esoteric nonsense.
>>
>>33113638
Damn team preview
>>
Where the human on Zoroark stories at?
>>
>>33113669
>based on when their birthdays are
I haven't given any of them birthdays because they all have vague ages and I don't want to deal with pokemon age fuckery.

I guess I could just give them all a month and a date and pick based on what most applies to them. Maybe I'll actually do that.

>>33113881
Wow, there actually aren't any at all in the catalog. Color me surprised. FFN says it has 38 stories tagged Romance, any rating, English, Zoroark/OC. Dunno how AO3 looks 'cos I didn't check, but you could also pop in there.
>>
File: 1499719154812.jpg (196KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1499719154812.jpg
196KB, 1000x1500px
>>33113953
Cool. I'm glad you thought the idea was worth something. It's tougher than it sounds when you have an idea pre-established for their character. Just roll with it and I'm sure you'll come up with something good as usual.
>>
>>33113953
>there aren't any in the catalog
Yes there is

>>33113881
I know this is giving things away, but: http://archiveofourown.org/works/9294437/chapters/21064640
>>
File: ss+(2017-07-24+at+07.17.44).png (7KB, 363x175px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-07-24+at+07.17.44).png
7KB, 363x175px
>>33114020
I did a run through of the signs and the characters and I actually assigned stuff to everyone on the protagonist side of ACPC. As is expected of Astrology, there's no perfect match but I can see matches here and there, which is pretty cool.

>>33114076
I stand corrected.
>>
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12062588/1/The-Farer

Rate mine, I'm probably not going to continue it and at most will probably reboot it. I only use oc protagonists.
>>
>>33114581
is this a script, or...?
>>
>>33113669
>You ever give your characters horoscopes based on when their birthdays are or is that too much autism even for /vpwt/?
>My general idea is to make it pertinent when one of the characters goes on a fortune-telling, palm reading binge because she can.
Why would you care about picking birthdays for characters who are getting palm readings?

I chose card reading for my next story's braixen as a tool to help him get in touch with his latent Psychic-type side.

>>33114292
>As is expected of Astrology, there's no perfect match
Not with only birthdays there's not.
>>
>>33114632
I only really know how to write using dialogue, that's probably due to me reading things outloud and reading shakespeare too much. Already a criticism, fair one too. Thanks
>>
File: 1490732956066.png (187KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1490732956066.png
187KB, 300x300px
>>33114292
Looks good. Viola WOULD be a Libra.

>>33114649
Was referring to fortune-telling mysticism in general. Tarot cards would also suffice and sounds fun especially for the character you described as getting in touch with their psychic powers for the first time. As for palm readings, haven't actually looked into that since it seems like something an author could easily make up on the fly.
>My, those brooding lines on your palms, they mark your inevitable demise in the very next chapter!
Sticking to astrological signs of the zodiac so far; however, I might branch out depending on how successful my initial dive into portraying the mystic becomes.
>>
>>33114854
>for the character you described as getting in touch with their psychic powers for the first time.
STOP! Grammar Time!
If you're speaking in general,
>for a character like the one you described, getting in touch with their psychic powers…
If you're speaking specifically,
>for the character you described as getting in touch with his psychic powers…
You mixed the definite article, specifying my character, but switched to singular 'they' at the end, somehow.

>depending on how successful my initial dive into portraying the mystic becomes.
Palmistry: Easy mode, like you greentext, just shit stuff out.
Cartomancy: You need to make up a system, but you can make up whatever you want.
Newspaper astrology: If you have thirteen characters, at least two must share a sign, so you'd have to make characters with matching signs experience similar fates.
Actual astrology: This isn't a swim with the dolphins dive, this is exploring the Mariana Trench.
>>
I think that I was wrong with the crazy godness trying to destroy the Pokémon World. So after hearing some Sinatra, I return to a conclusion, I must be aware of what I'm writing, a story for people or a weird mythos collection. So I'll still putting a Q in my stories but only like a mere reference.
>>
Okay so my story, an adventure story, starts off with a kid (currently at 1000 words and he still has no name) who is graduating from his local school. The thing is, his mom made him start school 2 years later than all his friends and as a result of that he hates his mom. His dad is the current gym leader of Viridian, but while that is going to be given out in the second chapter it won't be mentioned again and he wont fight him until the end of the story when he faces the courage to battle his dad whom he does not know that well and dislikes for allowing his mom to hold him away from school for two years.
It's basically going to be him learning to not be a dick and edgy faggot over the course o the story.

i don't really have an idea for an evil team in this one, just kind of want a spiritual quest made physical ala Odyssey. I do have one planned for the Merge/sequel that this and my other one will have and they lose and basically get sent to the Mega evolution dimension from the non-evolution dimension
>>
>>33110302
>…letting the days go by…
>we live in a world where Talking Heads goes unnoticed
I want to leave this place.
>>
>>33115150
You know, it might be interesting to generate an exact birthday time and make a character whose personality would match the detailed astrology charts.
>>
File: two.png (1MB, 2323x1561px) Image search: [Google]
two.png
1MB, 2323x1561px
Requesting a story about a chemical spill/event that makes female slandits (and their evos) and Salazzles become more aggressive with their harem hunt, forcing the few remaining male slandits to team up in order to survive the haremfest
>>
>>33116138
I've developed so many lonely feels by seeing cultural references pass through the heads of people around me that I haven't room for anymore. So I can speak from experience: Leaving doesn't help, there is nowhere to go. There is life out there—it appears that one person did catch it—but it's all well beyond reach as the forces of an expanding universe doom nearly all whom don't become closely accompanied by another quickly enough to eternal isolation surrounded by infinities of cold, dark emptiness.

>>33116763
I've heard of authors with astrology experience doing this. I don't know if it helped but they seemed to have fun doing it.
Do you have the astrology experience to pull it off?
>>
>>33117509
>death by harem
what a way to go
>>
What should I name my OC
>>
>>33119241
Mai Ohsee
>>
>>33119241
Cingetorix
>>
File: 59204110_p0.png (332KB, 413x585px) Image search: [Google]
59204110_p0.png
332KB, 413x585px
>>33113669
Nothing is too autistic for us fucks. I've done the horoscope stuff partially for a few characters, but it's much too time-consuming for my tastes, which is really saying something.
>>
>>33114292
>Charles
>my sign
>two days away from my birthday
s-sempai
>>
>>33114581
>And all he did was walk out of there.
Stop. Your characters are saturday morning cartoon stereotypes instead of real characters. Take a step back, think of what a real neighborhood feud looks like, and think of how real kids talk.

Also yeah writing in only dialogue with a smattering of adoring narration is lazy and unacceptable.
>>
File: 1483985686902.jpg (67KB, 500x630px) Image search: [Google]
1483985686902.jpg
67KB, 500x630px
>>33120518
No kiddin'? Funny how things turn out, eh?
>>
Has the release of a new game/generation made you rewrite/change anything in your stories?

Looking at you, Fairy Type
>>
>>33122943
BSTF's final chapter came out one day before SM dropped, so I was worried I'd have to retcon Sparkles' movelist, but it turned out alright. One of her moves is an egg move, though she wasn't bred for battle, but I feel that's small enough to slide under the radar.
>>
>>33122969
She was an SOS pokemon.
>>
>>33122985
I didn't know SOS battles could call pokemon with egg moves. Pretty sweet!
>>
>>33115330
>his mom made him start school 2 years later than all his friends
You're going to have to elaborate with some background for this or else I'm just gonna call bullshit on you making things up. What are the laws for the region regarding compulsory education? Kanto is a first-world region (based on IRL Kanto Japan, where Tokyo and Yokohama are) so I'm gonna take the liberty of saying that compulsory education is not in debate. Kids are allowed to become trainers starting from age 10+, so it's safe to say that at some point around 5th grade kids can legally start dropping out. What "school" are you talking about, then? Elementary? High school? How would a parent have the legal authority to delay their child's education? I'm not saying you can't do it, but you're gonna have to actually address the laws behind it instead of just saying "lol utopian society with no cops"

Also that's a dumbass shallow reason for MC to "hate" his mom. Do you mean he has no patience for her retarded choices? Does she frequently make irresponsible decisions like this? How does this habit affect her marriage with Dad? Does she have a mental illness that skews her judgment (for example there's an actual brain defect that prevents some people from being able to process the passage of time, making it difficult for them to gauge the length of an activity, to be on-time to appts, etc)? Was she beaten as a kid and in turn now feels like she's allowed to do little things to sabotage her kid because "it's not as bad"? You've gotta make it believable, anon.
>>
>>33120391
>Cingetorix
well his brother's name is going to be Armin so I suppose it makes sense
>>
>>33122943
Alola suddenly existing didn't do much to impact anything I was writing. I just had to being fleshing out another region is all.
>>
>>33120391
>nfw due to context I read that as Cringetorix
>>
Does anyone have any stories about humans and Pokemon from PMD interacting?
>>
Heya /vp/, I wrote more pokemon smut.

All the commotion about PoGo this weekend got me in the mood to mix that with some kinky stuff for a quick fapfic. I'd only read it if you like really gay sissy stuff.

https://pastebin.com/YVTYC7su
NSFW, obviously.
Premise: Valorie and Percy were the ultimate Pokemon GO playing power couple! What happened to them? Not much. Only difference is Percy’s now Priscilla. And he’s Valorie’s sissy bitch. And he has huge tits. And he sucks and fucks to help his girlfriend in Pokemon GO.
>>
>>33124367
[spoilers]Yes, with more on the way. The first one is smut though.[/spoiler]
Oranganon was doing something about a carrier task group appearing in PMD-world.
>>
>>33124441
Writing is happening?
Somehow, somewhere, IT'S HAPPENING!
[happening intensifies]

/me goes back to sifting through a stack of boring folders all night long.
>>
>>33124460
It's happening, to the extent I'm not paying attention to what I'm posting here and fucking up my spoiler tags. But it's not going finish happening anytime soon; I've missed the window to complete it before a forced vacation.
>>
>>33124196
No, compulsory education is not in debate, it is needed in my world for you to be able to get a starter pokemon from Oak and a trainer card. The other route to take it is to do a proper pokemon battle and have a proper score, akin to the tests that are needed to prove you speak a language for a job. Kids are not allowed to be trainers starting at 10, they have to go through the school and take the test or do the battle and get their trainer card to be a legal trainer.

Yeah well the kind of mom I'm trying to make is going to be the kind that is worried too much, and then mix that with the psycho mother. Yes she always makes irresponsible decisions. The marriage with the dad is because the boy was born, it was just an affair (though that wouldn't be told until the end or in the brother story to this one). The father really just doesn't think she's a proper mother but wanted his son to grow up in a pokeschool (9 years from 5 to 14) in a small town like he had in johto, and he tries his best for his son though he is rarely around due to his job in a different city (no cars aren't prominent in this, riding pokemon is more viable in the kanto region). No, she wasn't beaten, she was just a kind of slut that managed to get knocked up by a trainer on foreign business. She over cares because she doesn't know how to care, as she was also the youngest child
>>
Requesting this Roserade prompt
>>33121923
>>33122150
>>33122218
>>33122439 (possible tags)
Be made into a story. Comedy smut sounds fun.
>>
>>33124473
Writing is a vacation for the imagination.

>before a forced vacation.
>forced
*knocks at the door* FUN ENFORCEMENT BRIGADE! WE'RE HERE TO IMPOSE YOUR MANDATORY RELAXATION PERIOD! *gas grenades break through windows*
>>
>>33124522
I'm actually going to be either unconscious or high on painkillers most of the time. It's a medically-forced vacation. [/blog]

Who knows? Maybe I'll do my best writing in that addled state. I know some writers get hooked on drugs, but has anyone been hooked on drugs specifically to write better? Sounds more of a musician thing...
>>
>>33124540
>unconscious
>painkillers
Wisdom teeth were a mistake.

>has anyone been hooked on drugs specifically to write better?
Alcoholism is the traditional writer's medicine.
>>
>>33122943
I forgot I should probably include my own example.

In a later chapter of TDT, a certain pokemon notorious for not being able to use a certain move manages to pull it off but then in Gen6 that pokemon could learn the move legitimately. Now that scene doesn't carry the weight it used to.

>>33124540
>>33124605
I've written drunk a grand total of 1 time, but the results were passable so I wouldn't discredit it.
>>
File: 1494295916537.jpg (94KB, 1000x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1494295916537.jpg
94KB, 1000x1300px
>>33124281
The fact that both Alola and the Decolore islands exist in the anime canon makes me want to sperg. It's so bothersome I have to forcibly expel it from my mind.
>>
>>33124491
>kids are not allowed to be trainers starting at 10
I don't actually remember what age Red was stated to be, but I believe it was 10. But from the sounds of things, you're choosing this aspect to deviate from canon. That's not a problem, but you've gotta make sure to mention it so readers aren't like "wait why the fuck".

It also sounds like, by "school", you're referring specifically to a "poke" school. Does this mean a regular japanese school where Home Economics is replaced by Training 101? An actual trainer's school would definitely be in-depth, but it would not take 9 years. Plus, if your Kanto has compulsory education, no one would be able to enroll their child in ONLY a training school.

So all this said, what is your legal age for becoming a trainer?
>>
>>33124656
Why do you have to do that anon?

>>33124540
Writing gives you a +1 to Scribe but a -1 to Fort saves against Alcoholism. But everyone knows that Alcoholism gives a +4 to Scribe so why wouldn't you take the addiction and just deal with it? Please do not actually become an alcoholic.
>>
Fuck. The Dawn thread made me look up fics with Dawn catching/being possessed by/becoming evil because of/etc. Darkrai. Anyone got any good ones?
>>
>>33124693
>I don't actually remember what age Red was stated to be, but I believe it was 10
11, but these are minor details.

As I wrote way up here >>33096823, the environment children grow up in in the world of Pokémon is difficult to compare to IRL because they clearly are raised differently with an obvious emphasis on a more vocational type of education (at least trainers are).

I just assume from preschool age until journey age (11-14 or so), they get basic reading, writing, and math, as well as Boy/Girl Scouts-type knowledge like survival training, cooking, etc. And the last thing they do before the in-game story begins is do some sort of test to get their Trainer ID and ID number (which is why all the MCs have one at the start of the games).
>>
File: 63947458_p12.jpg (98KB, 1011x1011px) Image search: [Google]
63947458_p12.jpg
98KB, 1011x1011px
>>33124764
Are those even that common? I went through the whole darkrai archive a year ago and it's basically all shit. DaaHika is a good ship though.
>>
>>33124715
I made an honest attempt to get drunk a week ago and just couldn't do it. No alcoholism worries here. Sucks I can't tap into that reservoir of gitgud though.
>>
>>33124817
>emphasis on a more vocational type of education
Ooookay, I see where you're coming from. As long as you make that society clear in your writing I guess you're good to go. Well until you actually post a chapter and we rip it apart.
>>
>>33124904
Not too sure. I'm just assuming that since there's surprisingly a fuckton of Dawn/Darkrai fanart, that fanfiction would follow suit. It's usually how this stuff works: if there's fanart of a theme, there's fanfiction of that theme; and if there's fanfiction, there's fanart.
>>
>>33124917
Well, good thing I'm not a fanfic writer. I'm just a man with autistic theories.
>>
>>33125001
we all need idea-guys
>>
File: 60669765_p7.png (71KB, 404x500px) Image search: [Google]
60669765_p7.png
71KB, 404x500px
>>33124947
>It's usually how this stuff works
>metric fuckton of GekkoSere art
>N O Greninja X Serena fanfics in English
>metric fuckton of GuzuMizu art
>next to no GuzMoon fanfics
>metric fuckton of DaaHika art
>next to no Darkrai X Dawn fanfics in english

Sorry friendo, drawing is 100000000x easier than writing. I've found that for these particular ships, there's pretty much nothing available in writing form. Your best bet is to learn Japanese and read fanfics on Pixiv.
>>
>>33125001
It's cool, but I still think his reason for hating his mom is a real stretch. If she was a gaslighting walking-victim-complex who took all his part-time-job money, then I would understand his feelings. But "muh friends"? Tons of kids end up losing all their friends upon their transition to middle/high school. I don't see his plight as unique. Plus, what did he do during those two years of being kept in Mommy's Safety Bubble?
>>
>>33125258
Wait, what?

Oh, I'm (>>33124817 and >>33125001) not >>33124491.
>>
File: 11458024.png (153KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
11458024.png
153KB, 450x450px
Content bump:

Here's [The Dark Type] Chapter 20, "Dependency": http://archiveofourown.org/works/9113758/chapters/26117994

It actually has another title, which I'm sure some readers will likely have questions about. This is the first part of an arc of 4 chapters, but the other 3 parts won't be happening for a while. They're written, but a bit further down my timeline than we are at right now. They'll likely be a welcome return to my weekly posts when I finally get there.

This chapter is easily one of my favorites to write, and even to read back to myself (as I did while editing it).

Pic related is a bit misleading, on purpose, so apologies in advance.
>>
>>33125248
Writing is easier in my opinion. But if you could draw so well, I'm very interested in your abilities.
>>
>>33125258
well see it's one school they go to from 5-14 and after that they are expected to go to a university for real jobs and pokejobs like trainer in a gym, or they just go out in the world and hope to find their way. The point of muh friends is that they are expected to bond over 9 years and after that good friends will go on adventures with each other. The friends his age already left on their adventures or went to a university, and due to that he is far behind them and hasn't even talked to a lot of them since he left, mainly due to his mother not allowing him to receive calls nor him call them. The only human contact he receives are the people at school and he has a disdain from them because he is two years older and wants to act mature. (He's really just an edgy faggot)
>>33125371
Yeah this guy aint me but you have good theories so thanks for that, I'm a take some inspiration from the stuff you stated
>>
File: Comfy protagonists.jpg (1MB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy protagonists.jpg
1MB, 1200x1000px
bump
>>
File: 1500830796340.png (310KB, 1805x1909px) Image search: [Google]
1500830796340.png
310KB, 1805x1909px
>>33090952
>but I'm not sure if I should use the trio that come at the end of the movie as a catalyst for growth or make some other external force make her leave her home.

This part is kinda what's stumping me on starting this fanfic, so which would /vp/ suggest?

The former has her learn moves and some telepathy at the cost of needing to set aside the main plot to introduce them and show growth, while the later gets to the thick of it, but Latias is weaksauce.
>>
>>33128551
Latias has an interesting level 1 moveset, which means she doesn't necessarily have to learn more on the way out, even assuming you write her as totally fresh. Outside of that consideration, now negated, you're asking questions central to the story. Do you actually HAVE a story, or are you trying to translate a raw, unrefined concept directly to the page?

Hint: don't write until you've rendered your concept into a story.
>>
File: 63096194_p54.jpg (43KB, 702x427px) Image search: [Google]
63096194_p54.jpg
43KB, 702x427px
>finish chapter in march
>take way too much time editing
>it's getting close to my self-imposed deadline
>reread for one final edit
>half of the plot doesn't make sense and "just happens" for the sake of convenience

fuck me
>>
>>33130095
Add some extra neat stuff so Rule of Cool covers for you.
>>
>>33130095
>finish chapter in March
>edit into the end of July
>self imposed deadline

Holy shit son, what? You give yourself 5 months to edit one chapter?
>>
>>33130305
I have a busy life and work on many things simultaneously, so I try to give myself wiggle room.
>>
>>33130095
Are you me?
>So close to posting a new chapter but every ducking time blue balls taking me back to the revolving door of editing from which there is no escape. I want it to be amazing. Being a perfectionist sucks.
>>
>>33130831
I do the same thing, but in this case I'm honestly glad I caught the blatant bullshit.
>>
File: 1455043820317.jpg (80KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1455043820317.jpg
80KB, 645x773px
>>33130095
Been typing since 2012, never got a story past chapter 4 before deletion
>>
>>33132062
Is your perfectionism exceeding your capability?
>>
>>33132083
Only in creative processes like these, has been with even just drawings or whatever since I was 8.
>>
>>33132062
>implying I've ever finished anything
I think the most I've ever done is 9 chapters, and that was when I was 14 so it just doesn't count. I get ideas and I write them, rather than strictly focusing on one project (as is often advised here).

blog alert I keep telling myself that once I'm in a better place I'll have more time to devote to writing.
>>
>>33124904
Alright. I managed to find three, so far. The first was a short, 6,000-word one. It sucked. Really, really sucked. So much so, I couldn't actually finish it before bailing.

I hope the longer two produce better results. One's ~17,000 and the other is ~46,000.
>>
>>33132624
Whelp. Well, so much for thinking it'd get better with the ~17,000-word one.

...Well, I hope the ~46,000-word one is good, though I'll wait until Friday to read that one, so I have more time with it.

Christ...
>>
File: 49344269_p8.jpg (336KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
49344269_p8.jpg
336KB, 1000x1000px
>>33132714
Sorry about the disappointment anon. I wish it was different, too. I just got a burst of inspiration for a darkrai fic, but it doesn't involve Dawn. Hopefully when I deliver in three trillion years it will add some quality to the archive.
>>
>>33132714
If it's any consolation, I found this
https://archiveofourown.org/works/7677703
It's very lighthearted, but it's Dawn and Darkrai
>>
I honestly believe my only redeeming quality is not related to style, plot, or whatever, rather it's that I finished what I set out to do. Even if it doesn't get attention, it's still done. That's the solace.
More importantly, I can move on and write new things. It is a little sad to no longer have the comfort of the old characters when sitting down to write. There will be some features in a following generation is all I can really say to dispel the melancholy.
>>
>>33134149
>Even if it doesn't get attention, it's still done. That's the solace.

Just the satisfaction of having a drive and work ethic isn't going to sate your hunger when you've got a gallery of fifteen or so finished works and none feel like they've gone too far from the starting line.
>>
>>33134149
>>33134853
I'm just a lurker, but I write a lot, Like my main source of self loathing is my inability to write a book thus far and honestly I'd trade quite a fucking lot including talent to be able to grit my teeth and fucking FINISH something.
If I haven't got a complete incredibly detailed plan, I have no faith in it and barely touch it. If I do, I can't be arsed because I know the entire story in my head and it feels like trying to reverse engineer the entire script for a film word for word instead of just summing up the plot.

If you haven't yet, never EVER let yourself leave something unfinished. Do not set that precedent.
>>
>>33134853
That's the point though, unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. To have them move beyond the starting line is to complete them, by showing at minimum to yourself that they are done. If none of them "feel like they've gone too far from the starting line" then my assessment would be those fifteen(!) works in question were never truly completed.
>>33135078
>my main source of self loathing is my inability to write a book thus far
The same reason I write fanfic is to git gud enough in order TO write a book. I'd consider my stories novels but not book-worthy yet.
>If you haven't yet, never EVER let yourself leave something unfinished. Do not set that precedent.
Wise words. Even if it takes nearly a million words and several years, better goddamn finish that work rather than leave it orphaned.
>>
>>33135868
I feel like I could get published, maybe not be anything special but I'm confident enough to share drafts or chapters. Just feel like it's taking all my willpower just to slog through the process. While I haven't finished anything of novel length yet, planned or otherwise, I have no intention of letting them rot, even if I'm too fucking stupid or weak to make myself finish before starting other shit.
Also inclined to agree with your point towards the other anon. "Finished" doesn't mean "Long enough to stop" when it's work you genuinely care about or want to share with people.
>>
Wow, it's really not a myth that people have abandoned ff for AO3 in favor of the limited feedback system.
>>
>>33137661
This is the first I've heard of it.
But given how easily snowflakes melt, I'm not perplexed at the news.
>>
>>33137661
Elaborate
>>
>>33137786
I recently saw an author saying that ff is "dead" to them and that they'll only post their story on AO3 from now on since people there are "less judgmental". I'm pretty sure it's just that they don't have to hear as much of what they don't want to because there are fewer consumers of their work. And I mad because someone told me to "be more flexible" in regards to something I didn't like about their fic. I don't think that's a very reasonable request if they're the kind of writer who desires readership. I wish I could just snap my fingers and make them understand why what they're doing is stupid. It seems kind of presumptuous to expect readers to "put up or shut up",
but I dunno, maybe I'm just being a little bitch.
>>
File: 1496971713619.jpg (11KB, 396x304px) Image search: [Google]
1496971713619.jpg
11KB, 396x304px
>>33138282
As a writer, critique is something I subsist on, so hearing someone wants to move somewhere where their work won't be torn apart or questioned smacks of insanity. You're not being a bitch, you're being reasonable about wanting to provide feedback to a person that you believes requires it.

If you, the writer, receive a piece of critique and you disagree with it, then you should endeavor to understand what it is about your work that brought about the state of mind the critic in question has. Sometimes the critic has misread something. More often than not though, I find it is I, the writer, who has made a misstep.

>mfw reading about the author you described
>>
>>33137661
That's lame. Would honestly make sense to host a story on both platforms. But if negative feedback is the reason, presuming it is something constructive the author could stand to gain by heading (your subsequent posts seem to suggest this is the case), then good riddance. It's crazy how people run away from feedback when I'd kill for some.
>>
So I just wanted to get some advice from you guys. I usually see these threads go up and pass them by...I was always interested.... but I never thought too much about writing my own story. So I tried my hand and started writing my first story. And then I got stuck...I mean I know what I want to happen in the story but i'm not sure how to make those points flow together without rushing it. Can you guys give me some advice for what to do when you guys get stuck?
>>
>>33139056
I've learned the hard way that just connecting discrete points doesn't always work; sometimes there's unforeseen obstacles between the two that would render such construction impossible. If you get stuck, think instead about where your characters are right now, and break it down. How would they react to the present situation without a guiding hand? Let them act 'freely' like this for awhile until you can see a path - your original or a new one - then pick it back up.
>>
>>33138470
It was a story where the writer used their OC name to refer to the canon game protagonist. I criticized this for being slightly misleading, which they agreed with, but took offense with me criticizing the name itself because it's their friend's or something. I dunno, if my bffl had a fugly name, I sure as fuck wouldn't use it for a fic, nor would I bristle when someone insulted it for breaking immersion.

I guess the author is just one of those people who can't bear to criticize anything they like in their life, and those people make my blood boil.
>>
>>33139098
Alright, thanks for the advice....hopefully I can take this and move forward
>>
>A cocky teenager with a slight ego.
>A young, semi-deranged, raven-haired psychic.
>A blonde, also semi-deranged psychic.
>A mysterious assassin.

Well doesn't this sound absolutely riveting.
>>
>>33139124
You probably hit a nerve is all. Not your fault though. By putting a fiction in the public domain, the author is inviting feedback if they're lucky, or if not then those weird one-line reviews that don't seem to say very much.
>>
>>33139422
The possibilities are endless.
>>
Someone that wants to explain me the nature of the Shippings in ORAS and BW?
>>
File: 1492968664558.jpg (128KB, 800x1129px) Image search: [Google]
1492968664558.jpg
128KB, 800x1129px
>>33139557
I'll sum up all shipping

"In the series called Pokemon, I think the humans are the most interesting characters."

I like plenty of ships but honestly, in a series where no one has any personality, some of this shit ranges from utterly uninspired to complete asspull.
>>
>>33135868
Those fifteen works are completed. The race refers to skill in general, and the feeling of having fifteen complete works of mediocre trash. There's a demoralization factor to both kinds of faults, but it's a more bitter kind of defeat when it feels like you've been waking yourself off for hundreds of thousands of words.
>>
File: Sand.png (275KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
Sand.png
275KB, 1024x512px
Sandy bump
>>
>>33139422
Cocky teens with egos are all the rage these days
>>
File: 1408912250386.png (224KB, 376x447px) Image search: [Google]
1408912250386.png
224KB, 376x447px
>Get a request
>It's exciting and interesting
>Writing the imagery is way too much fun

feels good
>>
File: wauaahhhhhhh.jpg (31KB, 385x362px) Image search: [Google]
wauaahhhhhhh.jpg
31KB, 385x362px
>>33124367
http://archiveofourown.org/works/11323233/chapters/26174613
Chapter Four is up; Chapter Six should be chuck-full of funny/interesting interactions between the two.
>>
File: 1497148843540[1].jpg (1MB, 1200x1650px) Image search: [Google]
1497148843540[1].jpg
1MB, 1200x1650px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCSlIvbk-yU
I finally started writing my first side-story for practice.
It feels like mining for gems in an unlit cave.
When you write something taking even great effort to read yourself, it's like lifting a bowling ball with your pinky.
I can't even read the Latin classics, so I'm sure that my work will contain some peculiar artifacts of English. It's more for practice than anything else.
My English has already acquired some peculiar artifacts of Latin. It can't be helped, but now I come of as somewhat artificial.
I even have trouble with my own English, since I seem to be unable to make it sound more natural. It may be that my brain has begun to prioritize grammatical and syntactical accuracy over semantics.
A great quality for writers who don't want their work to be misinterpreted. My sentences also stand alone, requiring less context.
However, I'm less dependent on set or stock phrases in English than I've ever been. Ordinarily, we are slaves to these things.
As soon as I type, what I wrote seems to become encrypted in an ancient language requiring ten times as much effort to read.
It is twice as dense as English, so it's half the length, but it's not enough.
I do find it more natural to say certain things in Latin, however.
I'm going to want plenty of criticism from people more familiar with the language than I am.
It will take years to be truly comfortable with this language, I think.
But I'll see my skill increase as I write. I may stop when I shall have written ~2000 words. I have only finished about a tenth of that goal so far.
I already am beginning to see how my decision to write in a foreign language is paying off.
>>
>>33143278
>since I seem to be unable to make it sound more natural
it's autism isn't it
>>
>>33143685
I hope this isn't some sort of revelation, that Latinanon is autistic as fuck.
>>
>>33143733
I wasn't trolling, I honestly think it's autism that he should get diagnosed asap. I grew up around someone who is only beginning to understand how alienating their manner of thinking and speaking is because of the 'tism. Latinanon, you need help or else everyone's going to think you're actually as much of a stuck-up prick as you sound.
>>
>>33143278
Latinoanon strikes yet again with another literary masterwork. A great pondering of the mind. A dialectic engagement with one's self, so to speak.
>>
>>33144207
He wrote 312 words about his 200-words long so far effort.
To this statement, his immediate reaction will be that, because "[Latin] is twice as dense as English," he will want to claim that his post counts only as 156 words in comparison, and is therefore not inflationary.

>>33144207
>Latinoanon
Latinanon. We have a few latinoanons, but their collective autism is focused on cherishing doggo and translating to and from languages that aren't dead, if I recall correctly.
>>
>>33144250
>from languages that aren't dead
Yeah I know he's Latinanon, just fucking with you guys.
Anyone remember that Spanish anon who kept trying to get ideas for his super robot multiverse OC?
>>
>>33144391
Starcitizen-kun? He's still around I think, lurking the shadows and dreaming of a space beyond space and a time beyond time.
>>
>>33144543
>dreaming of a space beyond space and a time beyond time.
Time is sight. Gravity is desire.
>>
>>33144250
>>33144391
mcc no estoy seguro si to chuckle at being an outlier or to drink the full glass at being lumped with latin(o)anons meméticos.

>CAPTCHA
>hotels closed
Well, off to the tavern to drink the whole bottle then.
>>
>>33144623
>meméticos
It really is a beautiful language
>>
>>33144750
>memétacos
Now you have my attention.
>>
>>33144868
Why?
>>
>>33145003
Because it's dinnertime.
>>
>>33142679
It's always nice to see new content
>>
>>33143685
Learning a new language changes how you think in your native language. It changes your brain structure. http://www.sciencealert.com/here-s-how-learning-a-new-language-changes-your-brain-at-any-age
>>33144250
I'm finding it easier to talk about writing than actually write.
Also, quality over quantity, I say.
Though, what I wrote was relatively mediocre. I'll keep working on it. I'm picking up the pace.
>>33144391
That's quite a humorous misunderstanding.
No, I just started listening to Spanish guitar music, after listening to lute music, which went along well with the harpsichord music I was already listening to.
Who is this "Latinanon" that you speak of? I've never heard of her.
But you can keep confusing her with me... It's droll. Please, keep the laughs coming.
That's all I really need to say.
Now how 'bout if I don't return until I've finished writing my crap?
>>
>>33145861
Oh shit, I just parsed "Latinanon" as "Latinaanon".
So silly of me. Yeah, I'm Latin-anon, not Latina-anon. While trying to point out a misunderstanding, I made a misunderstanding myself. How ironic.
>>
File: lares-and-penates[1].jpg (207KB, 425x389px) Image search: [Google]
lares-and-penates[1].jpg
207KB, 425x389px
>>33145884
>>33144391
I'm sorry for the confusion.
>>
>>33145861
>Learning a new language changes how you think in your native language. It changes your brain structure
I have a feeling you talked like a robot long before you dug into a dead language
>>
>>33145861
Neither you nor I are the only language-learners in this thread. The lurking Mandoanons don't wax poetic about flowers and piety. You treat language like it's an infectious disease that dissolves your self-control.
>>
I want a sentimentalistic fic. One about eonshipping.
>>
>>33147053
>sentimentalistic
come again?
>>
File: 1483593570346.jpg (18KB, 270x320px) Image search: [Google]
1483593570346.jpg
18KB, 270x320px
>>33147053
>I want a sentimentalistic fic
>sentimentalistic
>>
>>33144623
Don't worry, Choroy, we know you're good people.
>>
>>33147053
>sentimentalistic
I get you since I'm superiour /lit/ fag, but you won't get it cause I'm too busy typing my grand adventure story worth 67 chapter over 150k words
>>
As I've see in my own life. I better would create a story where a poor fag that has no ability with Pokémon starts reading a self motivation book, and then becomes a champion in his own.
>>
>>33147588
Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?
>>
File: 62681991_p8.jpg (146KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
62681991_p8.jpg
146KB, 800x1280px
>>33147588
>reading about reading
Why don't you write a story about a poorfag motivating himself through hard work, perseverance, and emotional support from his faithful mons?
>>
File: 1444685879208.jpg (58KB, 825x969px) Image search: [Google]
1444685879208.jpg
58KB, 825x969px
Someone made a greentext in the grass thread involving a trainer and his thicc Roserade. Sharing here.
NSFW
https://pastebin.com/1ertFU0B
Yes it's consensual
>>
File: tumblr_ohum0z1nzb1rems4xo1_1280.png (284KB, 738x821px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohum0z1nzb1rems4xo1_1280.png
284KB, 738x821px
>>
>>33148217
I'd love a pic of yukionna hugging froslass, but I'm sure it already exists.
>>
*bottia
>>
File: 1500166056513.jpg (351KB, 599x888px) Image search: [Google]
1500166056513.jpg
351KB, 599x888px
Breaking the flow of a chapter is terrible, especially if it creates an unjustifiable barrier within the action. Reads similar to a bad film where the scenes jump at an inappropriate time. To combat this I combined two chapters, and the result is still somehow under a manageable 12k words. What devilish trickery is this? Anyway it's further content for the next thread. If I keep saying this I'll eventually be right. End of my regret blog for not posting content in this thread.
>>
up
>>
>start writing a short piece as practice for describing actions within dialogue and world descriptions in a cleaner way
>somehow balloon an entire plot and flesh out the world out of this by the end of day two including backstory and side characters
>enjoy writing it because it's slice of life and I like the characters I wrote plus no need to translate anything

That's one way to accidentally create your next story in one go. Then again, many great things in our world came to be by accident.

It's about a Buizel and Sneasel becoming an item after said Sneasel gets released from prison with nowhere to go but the Buizel.
Said Buizel has been burned by crazy girls way too many times and settles with her as she's a former classmate of his before she was locked up.
Wacky love hijinks pursue.
>>
>>33152641
>no need to translate anything
>translate
Could it be that Latinanon is Cyanspark's split personality? Does the light of the moon turn him into a were-roman?
>>
>>33152641
Say, was this based on a prompt I threw around involving a pairup between a buizel and a sneasel?
>>
File: 1491781368934.jpg (94KB, 836x608px) Image search: [Google]
1491781368934.jpg
94KB, 836x608px
>>33152641
You and I think alike. Replace the Pokémon with trainers of each of those species and that's similar to what I've been working on. Personally been less focused on romantic stuff, that's more of an underlying subplot riding backseat to a grand adventure. I can say writing for those two species has given some newfound appreciation for them both. Best of luck anon, they're really good characters; interested in seeing where you'll go with it.
>>
>>33152895
>writing for those two species has given some newfound appreciation for them both
I've noticed that it's hard not to like a species after becoming invested in learning what makes it distinct.
Especially when it's a kitty.
>>
File: 63947458_p18.jpg (102KB, 891x946px) Image search: [Google]
63947458_p18.jpg
102KB, 891x946px
is Gallanon ever coming back?
>>
>>33153086
is that why you write about sneasels being brutalized
>>
yo ee4ee, what happened to your gardevoir smut?
>>
>>33152831
No, I just like them a lot. Mustelidae in general- from otters to marten to badgers. Sneasel, in my eye, are weasels that act like cats.
Back to the prompt, I have seen it before but it wasn't the inspiration, it just sort of... happened.

>>33152796
Considering Latin makes my head hurt, no. The stuff I translate is mostly, for now, Dutch and German because plot demands it.

It's one of the bigger points in DS as to how progress can ruin tradition and cause lots of discord in society. Most Pokemon in that world still speak "Monspeak" but a growing majority are starting to speak regional languages exclusively. The problem with that is the once communicable kingdoms are starting to see more and more nationalism and, worse for the nobles, republicanism. Which is why the fabled 'Conflict' in the story is so important too.

Also, were-roman sounds dope. Writing like a maniac by day, beating Hannibal and creating Pax Romana by night.

>>33152895
>>33153086

I've noticed that Sneasel have been pretty popular myself lately. I guess they're that flexible a species: cute but dangerous, intelligent, bipedal, easy to depict as criminals or crime-fighters, can base morality on them, they look cool, and of course, they're cats... that are really more weasel than cat but it's up to the person on that one.
>>
File: 1493657289790.jpg (91KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493657289790.jpg
91KB, 300x400px
>>33153512
>No, I just like them a lot. Mustelidae in general

Good fuckin memes in here
>>
>>33152796
>were-roman
Made me chuckle.
Lycanroc, Fiore form.
Fun fact: Virgil's Aeneid is, according to the literal definition, fanfiction based on Homer's Iliad.
>>
>>33154281
People always seem taken aback when I bring this up. Greek/Roman shit is all fanfics of each other. Other examples include Inferno and Peach Blossom Fan (story about real people living at the time, whether this is fanfic or not is debatable, but it's essentially an "Asian Fanfic")
>>
>>33154281
Maybe someday, if Aeneid becomes popular enough, it can join the fanfiction hall of fame, in third place behind Fifty Shades of Gray, and Pedestal.
>>
>>33154580
I don't think it can compete with the likes of My Immortal
>>
>>33154281
Inferno is the first example of self-insert fanfiction. The main character actually has flaws so we need to find the first self-insert mary sue to complete this picture.
>>
File: Egypt painting 2.jpg (45KB, 400x247px) Image search: [Google]
Egypt painting 2.jpg
45KB, 400x247px
>>33155169
Mary Sue meets with gods, gets confirmed as free of guilt or sin, receives bread.
>>
>>33153086
It really is true. You can absolutely get lost in headcanon about a species' quirks and behavioral patterns for little reason other than the spur of imagination. Cool cats and all that jazz.

>>33153512
They have those traits going for them. They're similar but different. Not necessarily opposites by default, but then again opposites tend to attract so maybe that is a mistaken way of putting it. Certainly relatable in the roles you mentioned however. Ethical questions could derive from such a pairing, specifically if one is morally supposed to be jailing the other for crimes.

>>33154580
>>33154764
Can anyone from bygone generations even hope to topple these giants?
>>
>>33155169
I can't be arsed to look at all the Gnostic apocrypha.
The Gospel of Judas?
The Gospel of Mary?
Something must be there.
>>
>>33154580
Is Pedestal actually good? I remember the length intimidated my teenaged self.
>>
>>33155716
I was also intimidated and stopped reading after the third chapter on my first attempt, but a year or so later I revisited it and read it all in a week or so. It's very good, but it has its flaws. Kostya is not one of them.
>>
>>33147321
Such clearlifulhoodness.
>>
Okay so I'm starting the story, and he got his Pokemon but his Parents want to keep him from his Journey (reasons explained later), but his Squirtle goes apeshit, breaks his Gamecube and jumps out the Window and runs away to route 1 dodging the Recall from the Pokeball by using Trashcans as it makes it into the Wilderness. Then some Enemy comes and the Protagonist has to do Battle and after that decides to leave. Is this good?
>>
File: I'll register you as.png (127KB, 400x551px) Image search: [Google]
I'll register you as.png
127KB, 400x551px
>>33156459
"no"
Please stop Capitalizing random Words in the middle of Your Sentences, please.
>>
>>33156459
Also my guy is going to change as a character from normal edgelord 16 year old to Reman Cyrodiil tier (https://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls#Notable_People) in the span of a year
>>
>>33156497
Sorry lad I was practicing my Standard High German and I suppose I'm still used to it
>>
>>33156531
I figured as much right after I posted. I'm sorry to have jumped to conclusions.
Also, that is a really cliche beginning, but if you can make it work, more power to you.
>>
I was reading some medical literature. And found some interesting article about the multiple personality syndrome... But I was wondering about a character that has this syndrome and has one personality that is a complete idiot, unable even to win a Ratatta Guy, but the other is a cold and calculator trainer even able to defeat a Champion. So I'm asking if must be a drama or a comedy.
>>
File: why not both.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
why not both.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
>>33158959
>>
File: 2362077-nes_mrgimmick_eu.jpg (2MB, 1539x2100px) Image search: [Google]
2362077-nes_mrgimmick_eu.jpg
2MB, 1539x2100px
>>33158959
Neither of you don't know what you're doing.

The center of a story is conflict. Someone with two personality is essentially two different characters—problem is that its hard to effectively work both into the story. If the two personalities are the principal characters, your limited in the actions they can take. There can't be physical conflict between the two, not without devolving into schlock I mean, and you also can't really have them talk effectively.

If personalities aren't principal characters, the audience is left wondering "what's the point of that? Only one metal image springs to mind.
>>
>>33158959
Go like the movie Split and have them take the light or some shit
>>
Wrote some quick lewd greentext of a Roserade and her trainer.

https://pastebin.com/1ertFU0B

Contains oral and facesitting, pretty tame. Lemme know what you think.
>>
>>33162241
Someone actually posted it for you earlier. That should tell you how good it is.
>>
>>33158959
Dissociative identity disorder is a legitimate mental illness. In my opinion, making humor based on that in your story is tasteless. That kind of humor only works in visual mediums. If you're going to include a mental illness in your story, you better do research on it. It's dramatic enough that it will also have to be a major conflict in the story, so if that's not what you want to write about, don't.
>>
>>33162754
>it's a legitimate mental disorder
kek
>>
>>33162694
Thanks, had no idea.
>>
>>33150349
>I'm guilty of this
>I combined a chapter and the first half of the next one to make it look better
Writing exposition is difficult.
>>
File: 141cd26c8ddbda51.jpg (24KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
141cd26c8ddbda51.jpg
24KB, 630x354px
Requesting a shipping about Brendan an May or another of the commons Poke Shipping. Best if a love conflict or triangle.
>>
>>33165214
We're past our bump limit.

Thread is on its way out.
>>
>>33165214
oh wait, im a retard
>>
New thread please
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.