[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With the release date for USUM just a few months away, does the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: index.jpg (12KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
12KB, 300x168px
With the release date for USUM just a few months away, does the lack of news about the game mean its more or less a lazy port with not much added to the games? Thats the vibe i'm starting to get. If they had a lot of information to show, there should have at least been a little tidbit of news in this months Corocoro....

my guess is this;

no new pokemon
no new alola forms
just more "bloom" in the region
the legendaries get armor
and the pokemon following

and thats pretty much it.
>>
>>33066846
The games are a redo akin to past 3rd versions, and we still have 4 months to go, there'll probably be more concrete news later but I don't see why you'd want to get more spoiled for you. They already revealed too much for XY, ORAS, and Sun/Moon so I'd rather delude myself into thinking they've wised up and are withholding info appropriately than think there's little to market.
>>
>>33066846
>and the pokemon following
Doubt it>
>no new alola forms
Alola forms will happen because it is, well, Alola afterall. Another visit there wont happen there for at least a decade and they need some extras to sell the game. 15-20 Forms will do the job
>>
>>33066873
You dont get it. Its not IF when it comes to revealing everything. Its WHEN.

Revealing everything resulted in fantastic sales for all 3ds games
>>
They realized that with Gen VIII coming next year people will be tired if they spend too much time hyping up this game.

USUM is going to be targeted only at hardcore fans who buy every game. They want casuals to not really be aware of it, so when they announce Gen VIII it'll feel more fresh to them.
>>
>>33066846
Here are my CoroCoro predictions
August: They'll announce they're revealing USM box art in September
September: They reveal the box art and have an announcement about USM in the next issue
October: Announcement is that they're reveal USM info next issue
November: 10 pages of Pokemon info detailing everything new in the games
>>
>>33066905
Nah, they just dont have enough new stuff.

they'll reveal some alola forms for kanto and maybe johto mons in september-november because thats all they have and normies will be on board again

At this point GF really doesnt give u fuck about hardcore fans because they know they'll buy the game anyway
>>
why didn't BW2 and Emerald have anything until two months before release
>>
>>33066878
15-20? If there were 15-20 they would have at least given us a silhouette of one of them in the July issue of corocoro.
>>
>>33066878
>He doubts getting following Pokémon back despite Sun and Moon already having the entire feature in their code, yet he expects 15-20 brand new Alola forms
Nigga what
>>
>>33066878
>Doubt it>
Then whats the point of those data-mined walking and running animations of all 700+ pokemon?
>>
>>33067084
If the code's all there, they likely didn't enable it for a reason.
>>
>>33066846
When marketing SM, they were able to reveal/market:
>Alola
>New Pokémon
>New starters
>Alola Forms
>Z-Moves
>Poké Pelago
>Ash and Green
>Team Skull
>Aether Foundation
>Ultra Beasts
>Solgaleo and Lunala
>PokéRide
>Island Scan
>Trials
>Totems

With USUM, let's be realistic more than half of the things in this list will not be altered in any way.
The amount of brand new features will be limited to, for example:
>Contest/Musicals/Pokéstar-esque gimmick
>Some sort of plot change
>The new battle mechanic from the trailer

Add to that a few new Alola forms and alterations to old features and that's a reasonable amount of stuff to market in 4 months.
>>
It is weird coming off of last year, where we got new pokemon reveals almost every 3-4 weeks.
>>
>>33067098
Game Freak is not going to have the game running smoothly with Pokémon models following the player. Chances are that it'll be used in the Switch game, Hyper Platinum/Ultra Platinum or whatever it's called.
>>
>>33067184
Reminder Gen VII is over and done with as of USUM according to internal values in both SM and Bank and the Switch game is Gen VIII.
>>
>>33067227
What internal values are these?
>>
>>33067098
Testing for the Switch and Pokedinder
>>
>>33066846
Even if they had Pokemon following thats still just the tip of the iceberg what games these days lack

In fact Pokemon following wont really fix anything because it wont make the games longer or have more substantial content. Its just a gimmick like amie. Except with no minigames
>>
>>33067248
Ones tied to the clover mark for Gen VII on Pokemon data, only four give you it, one for Pokemon generated in Sun, one in Moon, one in Ultra Sun, one in Ultra Moon. Keep in mind, Gen VI planned ahead for an uncertain future with six values for its pentagon, two of which remain unused. So Game Freak was very certain that they wouldn't be taking their time with Gen VII.
>>
File: 1499694688223.jpg (18KB, 259x224px) Image search: [Google]
1499694688223.jpg
18KB, 259x224px
>>33067184
>Implying gamefreak will remake Platinum instead of remaking both Diamond AND Pearl to get that extra cash.
>>
I think they feel they HAVE to add new forms to make "3rd" versions sell; they've been doing it since Platinum with giratina. Hopefully that's the case, the main problem with Alolan forms is that there aren't more of them.
>>
>>33067280
Sinnoh games had values for Johto but never used them. They also didn't have any data for the Apricorn balls. Game Freak is shit at planning. There's a Pokémon GO value in Sun and Moon but chances are it'll never be used.
>>
>>33066846
>when TPC said it was an alternate telling, they literally meant it was just an alternate telling, and all we get is different Alolan forms, maybe different Ultra Beast typings, and different Totems. This is what scares me the most.
>>
At this point I'm ok with a good bunch of new alolan forms and nothing else, I'm not expecting much form GF these days so new Alola forms will do the job. I didnt buy Sun or Moon because I was expecting a sequel thing with just alternate/expanded stuff. My intuition was right
>>
>>33067364
So you'll still buy the empty and dead game but hey, few new forms!
>>
>>33067384
Yeah I have at least a single game for every generation, its more of a collection thing. Given a choice Id buy the slightly updated version
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.