[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is pokemon getting darker?? I actually want pokemon to be a little

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: wrigley.jpg (82KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
wrigley.jpg
82KB, 800x531px
Is pokemon getting darker?? I actually want pokemon to be a little darker in games...
>>
>>33064601
it isnt, that promo has no impact on the actual games and is just some flavor section for lore
>>
>>33064601
SM touch darker themes than the previous games so...
>>
File: charmander.jpg (144KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
charmander.jpg
144KB, 1000x563px
Lets do a creepy thread
>>
>>33064601
I don't think it can get darker than Blackand White.
>>
File: alien_cute.jpg (225KB, 1024x1419px) Image search: [Google]
alien_cute.jpg
225KB, 1024x1419px
>>33064609
or comfy
>>
>>33064601
What exactly do you mean by "dark"? If you mean fucked up shit, Pokemon has always been pretty dark. The first games in the series featured an evil team that beat a Pokemon to death, while that said Pokemon tried to protect her baby. And later you kick the shit out of that mother's soul. Then there's the whole genetically modifying Mews child to make it a monster and shit. That's pretty fucking dark if you ask me.

And that hasn't changed. The latest games featured Pokemon frozen alive, crumbling families with madness born from love, and the entire fucking Pokedex. Take Toxapex. The games say it leaves bits and pieces of Corsola scattered in its wake as it crawls along the ocean floor on its 12 legs. And Looker's backstory, where one of his friends is eaten alive in front of him for not wanting to kill a Pokemon. Not a pretty image.

Now, if by dark, you mean fucked up shit, there you have it. If by dark, you mean scary shit and mysteries, Pokemon has some of those too, though we can definitely stand to have more. If by dark, you mean swearing and doing disgusting shit like drugs, then no, we're not getting that, ever. Thankfully.
>>
>>33064641
Well the pokemon in games doent show the dark part easilly, but yes, it is actually pretty dark already.
>>
>>33064619
>Crobat that small

Not comfy.
>>
File: 1475389202082.jpg (354KB, 697x948px) Image search: [Google]
1475389202082.jpg
354KB, 697x948px
>>33064608
>family spat
>darker than war, mass sacrifice and carnage of the kalos machine
>darker than Cyrus' shitty actions while attempt to delete fucking everything
Lysandre dies in all 3 continuities
>>
>>33064619
(ET prank in the hood gone wrong)
>>
File: 1492974827333.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1492974827333.png
138KB, 350x350px
If you want a darker Pokémon game, just turn your brightness down!
>>
If you mean "dark" as in "I'm a 4kids censor that needs to justify liking a game for kids" then it has always been since Gen 1.

If you mean "dark" as in "actually touches actual complicated and fucked up matters" then no, which is good. I have reality for that.
>>
>>33064752
Fucking Carlos.
>>
>>33064755
Nah the PMD games go into all that shit.
>>
>>33064783
Haven't played those, any examples of them dealing with real world issues?
>>
>>33064783
no they don't. They're sad but not dark. The only exception I can think of is the classic "shunned for being different" thing but that's downplayed in every game.
>>
>>33064741
The whole Eevee quest is more mature than those things, but, yeah,
mature =/= dark.
>>
When will Pokémon touch Lovecraftian horror?
>>
>>33064796
oh fuck, I forgot about that
that hurt
>>
>>33064601
Not darker, but how about a story with consequences. The problem is the world of Pokemon feels empty and devoid of life, Sun/Moon feels more lively but its not enough for the universe they established (I know you can't make a living breathing world on shitty hardware) One where you aren't so causal going around. where there is actual interaction with the world. I thought they were going "darker" with Type Null. But any events related to it happened off screen which was disappointing
>>
>>33064822
Soon.
>>
>>33064601
>Earthbound Beginnings.jpg
>>
>>33064975
type:null creation is dark because is a pokemon made from other pokemon, I think
>>
>>33064991
No, it's specifically only made out of Arceus cells collected from relics in the Canalave library.
>>
What about a Pokemon game where you start your adventure trapped in ultrauniverse and all you can find are the ultrabeast which totally dont look like pokemon and they look creepy (more than already known ultrabeasts)?
>>
>>33064991
I personally think it would have better established aether foundation as proper villains If they showed the experiments with Type Null, also this would have made Gladion a more likable character. and battle with Silvally more meaningful. Its a missed opportunity.
>>
>>33065000
no amount of trips will prove that complete bullshit you're spewing
>>
>>33065000
Type: Null was given cells taken from all known Pokémon types with the intention of giving it the ability to shift between types by holding a corresponding Memory, an ability originally inspired by the myths about Arceus found in Canalave Library.
>>
I skiped bw2 what is the lore behind these alien pokemon?
>>
>>33065026
And its been told that it was made with the purpose to fight ultrabeasts, its an Alphyn and shape based Arceus
>>
>>33065039
an UFO arrived to the dessert with Elgyem (only on elgyem and Beheyem lore)
>>
>>33065050
Yes but inspired by Arceus doesn't necessarily made from it.
>>
>>33065069
type:null necklace is based in arceus
>>
>>33065091
Inspired synonym INFLUENCED.
>>
>>33064741
Lysandre and Cyrus' plans were comical, at BEST. At worst, they were nothing. The farthest thing from being dark. Calling them dark is equivalent to calling fucking Tom and Jerry dark. Sure, they drop anvils on each and literally shoot each other at times, but none of it is dark because of the presentation. The same goes for Lysandre and Cyrus. There's no consequences, no victims, no harm done to anyone but the evil, nothing BAD. Just failure.
>>
>>33065111
of course
>>
>>33064601
>You discover an alien Pokemon
>It attempts to hurt your brain
>Upon scanning your thoughts pose it senses no threat. Nothing but thoughts pertaining to hospitality and curiosity.
>"Hey little guy, would you like to come with us?"
>It beeps a pleasant tune and array of color on its arms
>You don't know it yet, but the signal confirms trust
>You and your significant other are about to study it as well as it studies you
>>
>>33064601
>I actually want pokemon to be a little darker in games...
why?, what does the story gains from that?
>>
>>33064822
UBs kinda does that (nihilego and xurkitree)
>>
>>33064789
>>33064796
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.