[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know, what i enjoyed the modt in /vp/ about hype season last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

You know, what i enjoyed the modt in /vp/ about hype season last year was the fske leaks, but even those haven't been produced very much.
Is it that the fake leakers have to have something from info given already in order to make fake leaks? I don't know /vp/, last time around just felt so much more exciting than now
>>
File: IMG_0294.jpg (21KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0294.jpg
21KB, 256x256px
>modt
>fske
>>
File: 1437800660729.gif (3MB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
1437800660729.gif
3MB, 420x300px
>>33055443
>frogposting
>tumblr filename
>>
>>33055443
I've been on /vp/ since the beginning (mid 2010), and I'll tell you that every new generation goes the same. In the run up to Black and White, it was "leaks" everywhere, and it really is a blast. I wasn't as invested during X and Y, but it was happening then too. And again during Sun and Moon.

Your first time on /vp/ during the run up to a new generation will be the most memorable, and the year immediately following it feels like shit (though /vp/ was a cesspool of furfags in 2011). After that, new generations still feel interesting, but you're not going to care as much as you did that first time.

Or maybe it's just because I've learned not to be hyped anymore for Pokémon after Black and White.
>>
>>33055483
>Implying their is anything wrong with hype
>>
>>33055443
The only reason fake leaks even became a thing in the first place (around gen 4) was because people were stupid enough to actually believe the majority of them. As generations passed people learned how to recognise obvious fakes and so 99% of the shit that gets thrown around the internet nowadays doesn't get a lick of recognition anymore. Thats why the attention whores who did these things stopped. Good riddance I'd say.
>>
>>33055514
There's nothing wrong with hype but it's hard to be hyped after being disappointed so much. If they announced Generation VIII tomorrow, sure, I'd be really interested (among other feelings), but I would never be able to feel fully invested with the thought that it's going to be a linear, railroaded region with an intrusive story and forced characters, bizarre design decisions, dropped features, and intentionally missing content. I've stopped expecting Pokémon games to try and outdo themselves. B2W2 was a cool exception, but Generation V onward hasn't felt like it's tried to beat everything that the previous four generations were, and I'd rather play the older games at this point.
>>
>>33055514
>>33055483
>m-m-m-m-muh hype :(((((((
If you actually care more about the hype than the games themselves, fucking kill yourselves. Youre just as bad as the morons at the smash bros community.
>>
>>33055550
I can't feel much hype anymore because the games themselves have failed to impress me. After games like Platinum and HGSS, it was reasonable to be hyped for Black and White, especially with what was being shown, but they weren't as good as the hype led on. I wasn't as hyped for B2W2, but I wish I had been considering how good they were. But there hasn't been a game worth being hyped for since. I would have a difficult time calling Generation VI and VII hype-worthy. Even last year, I felt that the excitement and worship of Sun and Moon pre-release as the savior of Pokémon games was unnatural. There was nothing to show that they were going to be better than previous titles, or that they even measured up.
>>
>>33055550
>hype than the games themselves
I never said this. There is just nothing wring with being excited for a Pokémon game
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.