[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

literally flashbacks from 5 seconds ago: the game why does anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 250px-MD_Sky_EN_boxart.jpg (30KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
250px-MD_Sky_EN_boxart.jpg
30KB, 250x224px
literally flashbacks from 5 seconds ago: the game
why does anyone like this shit?
>>
>>33050250
because all the talking, clearly-sapient, civilized pokemon makes them feel like fucking a pokemon isn't rape.
>>
Because that wasn't even close to the best thing about the game, it wasn't even that bad, and you're greatly overexaggerating it. Just fucking finish the game before crying here.
Then again, I'm on /vp/.
>>
>>33050275
because they aren't contrarian like you
>>
>>33050340
meant to reply to OP anon
>>
>>33050250
The same reason why people love Platinum and HGSS. They aren't really great games, but people have tons of nostalgia for them.
>>
File: Nagito Komaeda.png (195KB, 350x451px) Image search: [Google]
Nagito Komaeda.png
195KB, 350x451px
I think I'm probably in the minority when I say I vastly prefer the originals to Sky. Sky focuses more on plot than the past game, but it doesn't engage me at all. The characters that do matter are either boring (Grovyle, hero) or unlikeable (partner), and the side characters are one-dimensional anime stereotypes. I suppose this is because it's made by the same company that made Danganronpa, that game also has its own plot issues.
Gameplay-wise, there's a lot of things refined, but at the same time, a lot of the challenge is removed, too. IQ skills, an already flawed concept, is made even worse once in this game, as every Pokemon has their own skillsets. This means that some mons get a skillset that breaks the entire game (like being able to see the map or use two regular attacks at once) while other mons get completely shafted. Recruiting Pokemon en masse got easier, but this also gets rid of the difficulty that's a standard with this genre, you don't need to worry about keeping your new teammates alive anymore. The item pouch being bigger is supposed to account for swap shop items and treasures, but even then, you're not likely to fill up 4 whole pages of them. All that extra inventory space makes things convenient, but also gets rid of planning out what items you should bring, use, or scrap in favor of newer, better ones. No anti-savescumming.

In the end, I feel like they strayed away from some dungeon crawler aspects in favor of being more accessible.
>>
>>33050250
only people still obsessed over this game are lucariofags and kingdom hearts deviantart autists. Gates and Super were way better
>>
File: 1499974677548.png (82KB, 1300x892px) Image search: [Google]
1499974677548.png
82KB, 1300x892px
>>
File: 936.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
936.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>>33052090
>Gates is better
>>
>>33050534
The writers for MD and DR aren't the same people though.
>>
>>33050520
Then what do even like if gen 1-4 is just MUH HURR DURR nostalgia? Do you even like this franchise?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.