[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Pokemon following you in the overworld will never return

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: Probably Granbull.jpg (39KB, 598x600px) Image search: [Google]
Probably Granbull.jpg
39KB, 598x600px
>Pokemon following you in the overworld will never return
In a game about friendship, why do I always feel so alone in my journey? In HG/SS and Yellow, walking around in the overworld is fun all by itself, and I know this sounds gay, but it's really immersive, too.

Anyone else miss this?
>>
>>33049935
I don't really care one way or the other, but it would be nice if they included an on/off option just so people on both sides would shut up about it
>>
>>33049963
You put them away when you got on the bike so they could/will with ride Pokemon or if they bring back bikes.
>>
there shouldn't be an excuse. It made sense when it was pixels because they'd have to make a new model for each pokemon, but since its all 3D models it doesn't require any extra work. They have the walking animations already, it looks like they were going to do it for SuMo
>>
it might return in gen 8. With 3D models it's really easy to include and they already wasted time doing walking/running animations for every pokemon for whatever reason.
>>
>>33049963
>people on both sides
Wait... people don't like following pokemon? Why? How does it detract from the game?

Not trolling. Genuinely perplexed.
>>
>>33050137
Its just contrarians. Nobody actually disliked companion Pokemon.
>>
>>33049963
What if we want to walk without a Pokémon?

You know some of us just want an off function in the menu instead of having to rely on an item to avoid that shit.

Walking Pokémon can get old ridiculously fast, I honestly got bored of it before hitting slowpoke well in HGSS even despite getting my favorite Pokémon there.

An off function would be sweet.
>>
You guys need more imagination.
>>
>>33049935
Im Yo-kai Watch 2 and 3 its a permanent feature. Even more. You can choose a Yo-Kai outside your party of 6 to follow you around
>>
>>33050115
Thats for Pokefinder

With realistic graphics its just doesnt make sense. Could you imagine going through HeaHea city or Paniola town with a Wailord, Kyogre or Rayquaza?
>>
>>33050137
I have no clue. I was as perplexed as you are when I saw people complain about it.
>>
>>33049935
Yes
>w-we drop certain loved features to keep each game unique and marketable
>doesn't even produce and sell HGSS anymore
>>
>>33049935
Well SM has rotom-dex so....
>>
>>33050261
>there are walking and running animations of every Pokemon
>j-j-just for Pokefinder
I sure remember that super secret Pokefinder spot where you could find Genesect, Fug, and Landorus playing tag.
>>
USUM better have something to do with those walking animations. But I understand that some models would be too big or some bullshit like that. At the very least, let SOME of the Pokemon follow you, something like Amity Square.
And what the fuck was up with no National Dex? It would be a nice inclusion for convenience sake.
>>
>>33050261
But like a lot of water pokemon already don't make any sense. Like how does battles with a fish pokemon work when you aren't surfing?
>>
>>33050899
Wow look at this fucking genius.

Its obvious they knew they will make TWO alola games and obviously 2nd game willl have more Pokemon. Thats why they decided to do all of the models for it before they decided which Pokemon they want to use in it. Simple as that Its likely the upgraded Pokefinder will have more use in the game, like encountering pokemon, just like it was in SM demo and in Acerola's trial.

ORAS had most of legendaries and even a mythical (Deoxys). Its possible USUM wil have more catchable mythicals
>>
>>33049935
I feel like Pokémon following you is obsolete when Pokémon Refresh is a thing.
>>
>>33051092
Are you stupid or what. This wasn't about catchable Pokemon. Walking and running animations are not used in battle. It was about Pokefinder. Or are you now going to tell me every single Pokemon will be used in Pokefinder for USM?
>>
>>33051140
You can take pictures of your Pokemon with Pokemon Refresh.
>>
>>33051105
>Pokemon follows you around all the time
>doesn't take any extra time and is just a cool passive addition
or
>you rub your Pokemon and feed it beans
>must first navigate several menus and can't do anything else while doing this

Yeah, no.
>>
>>33051164
Taking a bunch of your Pokemon to a playground letting you watch them run around on would be neat. But I'm sure Gamefreak would ruin it by making it part of Poke Pelago and random which ones show up.
>>
>>33051140
No idiot, its possible USUM will have all new pokefinder set of mons. GF knew they will have more mons in USUM alola dex so they needed to create more than just those few used in SM.
>>
>Pokémon follow you
>Pokémon can ride on your shoulder
>you can ride your Pokémon
I want a Pokémon SIM, goddammit, but we'll get barebones JRPGs until we die.

Then again I thought Zelda would continue being ALttP/OoT clones forever until BotW.

Maybe someday.
>>
File: 1480947855860.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1480947855860.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>why do I always feel so alone in my journey?
Wow. It's no fucking wonder you're not allowed to have any freedom in SM, because without Hau and Lillie trailing your ass there's basically nothing there up until you run into a Trial or Team Skull.
>>
I'm pretty certain Game Freak just made walking/running animations for every mon to test the skeleton animation structure, as well as having pre-existing animations for whenever the need arises. There's likely a set of pre-made animations we haven't seen that exist for every Pokemon.
>>
>>33050137
If I had to guess, it's that GF could have spent that development time on something else, like a decent plot, post-game content, balanced meta and mechanics. If GF wanted to spend resources on the game's aesthetic aspects, then focus on the designs, which carry over from generation to generation, and not a "throwaway" feature. One could argue though that companion Pokemon are trivial to implement, now that every Pokemon is fully 3D modeled and the new 3D engine has hit the ground running, but what would a non-game dev know?

Then there's also contrarians :^)
>>
>>33052343
>like a decent plot, post-game content, balanced meta and mechanics
But no game has had that since the removal of companion pokemon so what gives
>>
>>33052343
>just remove x and y will instantly be better
Brainlet detected. That's not how development works. But hey, XY, ORAS, and SM didn't have following Pokemon. Are you going to tell me they have great post game content, plot, meta, and mechanics because of the absence of it? They even WASTED development time and resources creating walking animations for all Pokemon in SM and then didn't implemen itt. Either because they were to incompetent to get the following part to work or decided to hold it back as a selling point for Ultra.
>>
>>33052401
I'm all for companion Pokemon, so I'm playing devil's advocate here. XY had a new engine along with the development of the models, battle animations and Amie, Mega Evolution, and a new wireless infrastructure; it's understandable imo. Honestly, I can't vouch for ORAS at all, XY's dev team did the heavy lifting, Ohmori dropped the ball. It wasn't even accidental, they just relied on the fact that kids are dumb. As for SM, I want to say it's a bit of both of the things you mentioned. They had an engine/graphics update, half the team is probably working on the Switch title, and like >>33050261 said, there's the scaling issue, which likely resulted in "fuck it, leave it for USM".
>>
>>33051620
Most likely. The overworld and battle models of Pokémon are different (which is why you only see the same ten or so Pokémon in the overworld through the whole game) so there's no way that walking Pokémon were planned to use those models.
>>
>>33049935
Watch the USM trailer, following Pokémon are back
>>
File: 1487017157274.png (83KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1487017157274.png
83KB, 256x256px
>>33049935
>>Pokemon following you in the overworld will never return
Did you fuckers totally forget the massive leak in which every single Pokemon was found with walking and running animations? If it's not in USUM, it'll be the standout feature of Pokemon Switch, and will return in every game afterwards.
>>
>>33053686
The trailer only shows footage from before you even get a starter.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.