[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm playing through Pokemon Blue on the 3DS Virtual Console.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (22KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
22KB, 225x224px
I'm playing through Pokemon Blue on the 3DS Virtual Console. I'm trying to play with pokemon I haven't used before.

So far, three badges in, I have:
>Charmeleon
>Fearow
>Bellsprout
>Kadabra

(Charmander was my least used starter in RBY or FRLG)

I'm trying to think of interesting, less popular pokemon as my 5th and 6th team members. Water types are frustratingly hard to get early game, and I'm not sure who else to start using. I had a Wigglytuff but it's hard to raise.

Any ideas?
>>
>>33049709
Starmie or Gyarados.
>>
>>33049709
Drowzee, Meowth, clefairy, exeggute.
>>
>>33049709
Poliwag
>>
File: Untitled.png (855KB, 736x854px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
855KB, 736x854px
>>33049709
List of who I've never used.

>>33049741
Exeggcute is interesting actually.
>>
>>33049824
>>33049723 Replace Gyarados with Tentacruel then.
>>
>>33049824
Shit nigga use Dodrio
>>
>>33049824
>>33049841
This

Dodrio is quick af and does good damage. Not to mention Tri-Attack
>>
Sandshrew is pretty fun. Gets Slash at lv17 which basically has 140 power with how Gen 1 crits work, plus 100 power Dig if you use the TM on it (and you probably should because it doesn't learn any ground attacks on its own). Dig/Earthquake and Slash is good enough for the whole game, so you could throw Cut and Strength on it as well for utility (it can learn Rock Slide too but it barely outdamages Slash). It's pretty weak until it gets Slash though and it won't do much against Misty either way, but aside from that it's quite nice.
>>
Shit, I've been meaning to do this, too. This, and alt starter runs (Johto with Kanto starters; Hoenn with Johto starters; and Sinnoh with Hoenn starters; just to name a few ideas).

As for you, how about Marowak and Kingler?
>>
>>33050006
Kingler hits hard with Body slam and hyper beam, but it can't do a whole lot else since no physical stab.

Marowak is ok, but ultimately outclassed by the likes of the Nidos, Rhydon, Dugtrio and Golem.
Save Marowak usage for Gold/Silver when it gets the thick club.
>>
I'm playing Red Plus Plus, and my team is as follows:

Charizard
Fearow
Nidorina
Raichu
Primeape
Venusaur

Anything I should sub out? Don't know when to evolve Nidorina, I've just beaten Koga by the way.
>>
>>33049709
Don't fall for the Slash Persian meme. It learns Slash at like Lv 45 or something.
>>
>>33050033
>Red Plus Plus
Fuck.... that's another one I still need to get to, after I finish Polished Crystal.

Where did all these actually good ROM hacks come from? It feels like it was just yesterday when all Pokémon hacks were really shitty Gen 3 bootleg-tier hacks, with the occasional Shiny Gold in there to give hope.
>>
>>33050033
swap Fearow for Dodrio. It's easily the best non-legendary bird in gen 1. And one of the best normal types.

Raichu could be replaced by jolteon assuming you still have the thunderbolt TM and still have Eevee.

Nidorina could have been evolved as early as level 20 twenty because as Nidoqueen, it learns body slam at 23 and the rest of 'Rina's levelup moves aren't terribly useful.

Primeape is a solid fighting choice, if you want an upgrade grab Hitmonlee from the Dojo
>>
>>33049824
-It's a little bit of backtracking now, but Clefable is kind of amazing.
-Dewgong most people see as the poor man's Lapras, but it's still more than enough to get the job done.
-It's unlikely you'll find a Chansey, but should you do it's the strongest non uber of the generation.
-Second strongest is probably Starmie,
-Third strongest, Tauros.
-If you're gonna fly on something you might as well on Dodrio. It's like strictly better than the other normal/flyers.
-The three Legendary birds are all decent options, but OP for their levels to the point where they're almost cheating.
-Dude... you've never tried Dugtrio? You gotsa try Dugtrio. Hella fast STAB earthquakes and always critting slashes.
>>
>>33050006
I played Kingler in Silver before I knew how stats worked, and found it to be consistently awful. There are so many water types with actual special stats you can use in is place.

Marowak has nothing speed, and in generation 1, no thick club either. So same as Kingler it's simply outclassed by many other options.
>>
Since we are talking about blue on virtual console and its nor worth it to start another thread, is it possible to evolve haunter and the likes with only one 3ds? How about when I get silver on virtual console as well would that help?
>>
>>33050100
Interesting ideas! I was determined to try Fearow this time around (after many, many Pidgeot runs) so I probably won't ditch it at this stage.

I've never tried Dugtrio because I hate Dugtrio!

Hmm... what makes Clefable so good? I added Wigglytuff but it sucks, is Clefable that different?

Starmie is being suggested a lot. I'll consider it!
>>
>>33049744
>>33049709

Poliwag is top tier water bro, when playing offline you can pull fun meme setups like hypnosis + focus punch. Plus poliwrath is a certified badass
>>
>>33050221
>I've never tried Dugtrio because I hate Dugtrio!
Heretics. Heretics everywhere.
>>
File: wolfermelon.jpg (142KB, 960x731px) Image search: [Google]
wolfermelon.jpg
142KB, 960x731px
Gen 1 Viability by Type

>Normal
>S Rank
Tauros
Snorlax
Chansey
>A Rank
Dodrio
>B Rank
Clefable
Persian

>Fighting
>S Rank
Hitmonlee
>A Rank
Machamp
Primeap
>B Rank
Poliwrath

>Bug
>S Rank
>Venomoth

>Ground
>S Rank
Rhydon
Golem
>A Rank
Dugtrio
Nidos
>B Rank
Sandslash

>Rock
>S Rank
Golem
Rhydon

>Flying
>S Rank
Zapdos
Dragonite
>A Rank
Moltres
Articuno
Gyrados
>B Rank
Dodrio
Charizard
>C Rank
Aerodactyl

>Poison
>S Rank
Gengar
>A Rank
Nidos
Tentacruel
Victreebel
Venusaur
>B Rank
Weezing

>Ghost
>S Rank
Gengar
>>
>>33050351
>Fire
>S Rank
Moltres
>A Rank
Charizard
Arcanine
>B Rank
Ninetales
Magmar

>Water
>S Rank
Lapras
Slowbro
Starmie
Cloyster
>A Rank
Gyarados
>B Rank
Tentacruel
Vaporeon
>C Rank
Blastoise

>Grass
>S Rank
Exeggutor
>A Rank
Venusaur
Victreebel
>B Rank
Vileplume
Tangela

>Electric
>S Rank
Jolteon
Zapdos
>A Rank
Magneton
>B Rank
Raichu

>Ice
>S Rank
Jynx
Lapras
Cloyster
Articuno
>A Rank
Dewgong

>Psychic
>S Rank
Alakazam
Starmie
Slowbro
Exeggutor
Jynx
>A Rank
Hypno

>Dragon
>S Rank
Dragonite
>>
Blastoise is not C rank, one of the few water types to learn earthquake. It can literally one shot the entire game with surf/blizzard/earthquake/body slam
>>
>>33050177
I'd like to know this too, I want to get Gold when it comes out.
>>
>>33050781
>>33050177
you need to trade still.
better get a friend or second DS with another VC pokemon
>>
>>33050221
>Hmm... what makes Clefable so good?
It can put things to sleep for starters.That was way too broken in Generation 1. Besides that though it has solid all round stats and access to all the relevant moves besides amnesia.
>>
>>33050221
Clefable's movepool is an ocean.
>>
>>33050790
>better get a friend

I'll get right on that.
>>
>>33050364
Fug.

Add electabuzz to A Rank electric
>>
>>33050067
>at the point where I can get Dodrio and Hitmonchan, as well as Jolteon

Thanks m8, any general move recommendations?
>>
>>33050928
>Dodrio
>drill peck
>tri-attack / body slam
>hyper beam
>mimic / fly / agility

>Hitmonlee
>high jump kick
>body slam
>hyper beam

>jolteon
>thunderbolt
>pin missile
>double kick
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.