[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the reason behind the Gengar nerf? Regular Gengar wasn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: you sick fuck.png (244KB, 872x632px) Image search: [Google]
you sick fuck.png
244KB, 872x632px
What was the reason behind the Gengar nerf? Regular Gengar wasn't exactly overpowered, it was the Mega that was too powerful. But they didn't nerf the Mega, they nerfed the regular not even overpowered form.

The fuck?
>>
>>33043926
I have no idea, but I just found out Dark Void was nerfed too in Gen VII. They lowered the accuracy from 80 to 50 and I really don't get that. It was already banned I believe and it was a signature move. I could understand maybe lowering it from 80 to like 70-75, but fucking 50?
>>
Using Gamefreak logic, I'm sure they thought it would be buff because this way he would be able to take advantage of Terrains and remove Toxic Spikes and that's totally better than an inmunity.
>>
Has to be that I guess...but given the pokedex why not give it a new ability where it sometimes poisons or something like Poison Point? I know it cant take a hit but would make more sense.
>>
They wanted the Tapus to shine.
>>
>>33043974

Dark Void was nerfed because of Smeargle in VGC
>>
>>33044788
Gengar a ability has no influence on how well the tapu's do tripfag. That's an asinine response
>>
>>33044788
fuck off
>>
>>33043926
There was a theory that it was intended to be a buff for Gengar since he can now remove Toxic Spikes on a switch-in.

But yeah, fucking stupid.
>>
>>33044801
Well they made it so that Smeargle can't use Dark Void anymore so that doesn't make any sense
>>
>>33044801
Smeargle can't even use dark void anymore. Nerfing it's accuracy made no sense.
>>
>>33043926
It was probably just for flavour and to complement the fact that gengars model stands on the ground
>>
>>33044866
>just for flavour

Why didn't they give Levitate to Dusknoir then?
>>
It out speeds my favorite Pokemon so it deserves it
>>
>>33044881
Because GF is inconsistent and fickle
>>
>>33044881
It could also be because gengar is a prominent enemy in the battle tree and they thought they would help out players a bit by giving another way to deal with it
>>
>>33043926
Lavenza a cute!
>>
>>33044845
Because 80% accuracy sleep with Bad Dreams is bullshit
>>
>>33045160
So his ability has gone from being OP to completely useless
>>
They probably didn't like that base Gengar was completely immune to one of the Mega Gengar's most common weaknesses.
>>
>>33043926
I want to make out with Lavenza
>>
>>33044801
Smeargle can't even use Dark Void anymore. It's not like it matters anyways, Darkrai can still learn normal Hypnosis.
>>
File: cancer.jpg (240KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.jpg
240KB, 900x675px
>>33043974
>>33044801
Why did GF do this? It seems like they had multiple ideas on nerfing the move, but rather than implement just one idea, they decided to throw them all in. Same thing happened with bravest bird, too.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.