[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know nothing about pokemon, teach me how to join you guys on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: 1f8.png (868KB, 566x960px) Image search: [Google]
1f8.png
868KB, 566x960px
I know nothing about pokemon, teach me how to join you guys on your fun. I want to be able to play this and understand it
>>
Is that a JoJo meme?!

Just pick up a Pokemon game and play it.
>>
>>33037707
Is that basically It?
>>
Step 1: First you must
>>
start with gen 1 games. red, blue, yellow, fire red or leaf green. your choice
also maybe watch original anime series (at least the first pokemon movie)
>>
>>33037674
First you must choose a pokemon you want to fuck.
It should all work out from there.
>>
>>33037733
stupid anon, we have to provide examples
>>
File: Screenshot_20170716-035218.png (353KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170716-035218.png
353KB, 1440x2560px
Downloaded red
WOOOO, I AM DOING THIS!! Fucking excited
>>
>>33037764
most importantly, have fun.

also, lavender town is haunted. just sayin
>>
File: Screenshot_20170716-035903.jpg (633KB, 1440x1928px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170716-035903.jpg
633KB, 1440x1928px
>>33037777
Thank you, I will try to avoid that place. This is my first starter ever
>>
File: machoke.jpg (396KB, 1250x606px) Image search: [Google]
machoke.jpg
396KB, 1250x606px
>>33037758
>>
>>33037804
make sure you get a weedle early on, beedrill wrecks the entire game in a way that not only lets you progress, but also provides immense fun
>>
File: jojobubblebuddy.png (320KB, 667x500px) Image search: [Google]
jojobubblebuddy.png
320KB, 667x500px
>>33037777
sick quads anon

>>33037804
have fun
>>
So far so cute. I love this but I really want that route 1 mouse
>>
>>33037841
How does it look like?
>>
>>33037867
its a bug made of circles with a horn on its head. i think you can find it earliest on route 2, which is not far from route 1

also be sure to nickname your mons for personal attachment purposes
>>
File: whatevs.png (325KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
whatevs.png
325KB, 1024x576px
>>33037847
lucky sevens all day, bby
>>
>>33037867
not to bombard you with suggestions but you'll soon reach a place called Viridian Forest. If you search the grass there for a while you might encounter a Pikachu. Good luck anon
>>
>>33037804
You have to go through lavender tower, nor haunted
>>33037841
I wish he was telling the truth about the drill
>>
>>33038161
of course you have go through it. it's just haunted
>>
Op, if youre for real, use the Pokemon you think look cool, its also ok to ditch your starter, and learn about type advantages through experience rather than looking it up, that way you will have an authentic pokemon experience, also, catch em all
>>
>>33037674
Learn and memorize the type chart.
>>
>>33037764
Remember, there's a 5% chance to find a pikachu in viridian forest
>>
>>33038201
Nah, best way to learn is to play.

OP if you get a caterpie it turns into a useful earlygame pokemon.
>>
>>33037713
Yes
>>
File: liar.jpg (59KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
liar.jpg
59KB, 900x506px
>>33038191
>It's also ok to ditch your starter
>>
>>33037674
>>33037764
>>33037804
If you're playing Red, a couple quality of life tips.

A Mechanic not taught to you in the game is STAB. S.T.A.B. stands for Same Type Attack Bonus/Boost. If you use a move that's the same type as your pokemon, it's 1.5 times as powerful. Essentially, if you see something and don't know for sure what it's type is, just use a move that's the same type as whatever pokemon you're using. You should be able to get by if you do so. (This'll also help with the fist gym[boss in RPG terms] in Charmander's case)

During this game, in RPG terms, every type of item, from key item to useless junk, is held in your bag and it holds 20 max. If you know there's something in your bag you're not going to use in the near future,(e.g. Town Map that you're not going to check what Route you're on with) put it in the computer in the pokemon centers. It fills up fast.

While the game encourages catching them all(don't try to do that on your first go around), not every pokemon is created equal, especially in the very first game. There's some pokemon that don't learn many moves compared to others, or just a bunch of weak ones. If by chance you get one of these, remember that you can always swap in someone else on your team if something isn't working out.

Some of the sprites in this game are, well, suspect... In most cases, just google images something and it will look more normal than what the game's limited graphics portrays.

Lastly, some RNG stuff does happen, but you'll be all right. Red can be tough at times, especially with Charmander, but even so, you'll pull through.

Finally, if you finish and enjoy, play Gold, Silver, or Crystal next. There are many new mechanics and pokemon and we've had them gradually introduced over 20+ years. Jumping ahead and potenitally having all of that thrown at you may be overwhelming, but your mileage may vary.
>>
>>33037722
>gen 1 games. red, blue, yellow, fire red or leaf green
>start with the gen 1 games
>fire red leaf green gen 1 games too
>maybe watch original anime series
Worst advices ever.
>>
>>33038621
Every normie ever likes gen 1 mons.
>>
>>33038645
FRLG aren't gen 1 is what he was saying. Generations are ordered by release and new features, and only new gens get Pokémon so far at the start of a gen. A lot of people mistakenly group the gens by region rather than release, but that would be like saying the GBA was a gen 4 console despite being released in the 6th gen of game consoles just because its power and graphical quality is similar to an SNES - wrong, in other words.
>>
>>33037674
Get a Jolteon. He's pretty reliable. He's also a fast boi.
Btw, make sure to talk to everyone. You never know what you could learn from somebody.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.