[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can you deny that the battle tree has some straight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2858.jpg (26KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2858.jpg
26KB, 320x240px
How can you deny that the battle tree has some straight up bullshit in it?
>>
>>33032599
Yeah, just like in gen 3,4,5 & 6

That's old news, buddy
>>
>>33032599
I think a lot of the things that people consider bullshit actually just seem worse because of the large number of battles you play. You've got to think of things slightly differently to regular competitive Pokémon; unless you're really shit, you're going to be a better player, with a better designed team, than any of your opponents, but it's all about designing the most consistent and reliable team, not the most powerful team.

That's not to say that the Double Team Rotoms and Swagger Sableyes in the Battle Tree aren't bullshit, but if you lose because of one little freeze you deserve it.
>>
>>33032599
I've gotten fucked over by RNG tons of times, but the only issue I really have with the battle tree is the fact that they give mons OHKO moves. I just don't see the point to it.
>>
>>33032599
>Muh shitty SM

It has been like that since Gen III, Smogon.
>>
You can completely control any RNG bullshit in doubles.
>>
>>33033281
This, the AI shits itself in a trick room
>>
>>33033098
You realise that gen 7 was the first gen to have illegal moves right?
>>
File: wrong.gif (210KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.gif
210KB, 200x150px
>>33033323
>>
>>33033323

Not him, but it isn't the first gen to have illegal moves.
>>
>>33032599
The battle tree doesn't have any straight up bullshit in it.
>>
>>33033412
HOW DOES HE DO IT?
>>
>>33032599
The RNG that fucks me over will inevitably stick in my mind more than that which saved my ass. The truth is each case is about as frequent as the other.
>>
>>33033559
This is true. It's the same as the people in TCG General who claim the TCG Online intentionally deals you bad hands because they remember the times they mulliganed three times in a row, but the hundreds of times that they didn't mulligan at all are instantly forgotten.
>>
>>33033593
That sounds nonsensical. Trying to code an algorithm that knows what a good hand for any given deck is and then make it deal you bad hands sounds like way too much work for anyone to put in.
>>
>>33033639
TCG General is full of people who either massively overestimate the amount of dev work goes into TCGO, or have no idea how RNG works. I've seen people argue that it shuffles by simulating a deck split/riffle shuffle instead of actually randomising it, people who argue that the "advantage" shown before each game is an indicator of which player the RNG is going to favour instead of just who has a higher Elo, and people who think it has an AI that recognises common strategic themes to know who "deserves" to win.

In actual fact its only attempt at any AI is so retarded it can barely work out how to attack.
>>
>>33033323

Salamence had outrage in DP's tower despite not being able to learn it until Platinum.
>>
You might wonder why it doesn't show you the opponents stats, because they're all 999
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.