[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>anime goes to lengths to show pokemon aren't evil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>anime goes to lengths to show pokemon aren't evil
>dark type
>>
>>33029691
>inplying dark=evil

Filthy racist
>>
>>33029691
The only pokemon ever shown to be evil were those malamars during the first eps of XY. A shame they're never coming back and we never really learnt their backstory.
>>
There are good and bad Pokemon of every species. Except Raichu, all Raichu are evil. Please do not evolve your Pikachu.
>>
>>33029715
>knock off
>beat up
>sucker punch
they're evil
>>
>>33029715
Dark is literally "Evil Type" in Japan.
>>33029721 is right though, there hasn't been a single Raichu in the anime that wasn't a dick or wasn't overshadowed by Pikachu.
>>
Dark type Pokemon aren't inherently evil.
>>
>>33029792
their moves are all inherently deceitful, duplicitous, and underhanded
>>
>>33029810
That doesn't make all dark Pokemon inherently evil. Absol is a good natured Pokemon that warns people about disasters. I know there are other examples but I'm too lazy to look them up
>>
>>33029918
Then explain why it is literally the "Evil" (Aku) type.
>>
>>33029759
What about that one Alolan Raichu with the pancakes
>>
>>33029691
Are we talking about the same anime? There's plenty of evil pokemon, desu.
>>
>>33029918
Incineroar is also good hearted, only fightign to put up a show and entertain others.
>>
>>33029926
Pure evil. Puts laxatives in pancakes and then gives them to people, convicted child molester.
>>
>>33029691
Except it doesn't go to those lengths at all. There have been tons of evil pokemon, pretty much the only time that "no pokemon is evil" thing was brought up was with koffing and ekans. And it didn't make sense then because Meowth is right there and he's evil

>>33029926
he was a dick
>>
>>33029922
because japs are bad at naming things and the english name is more accurate than the jap one is.
>>
>>33030008
Now come up with an actual argument.

Also keep in mind that the jap name was around before it was translated into english.
>>
>>33029977
Yep, koffing and ekans are confirmed assholes
They pass blame onto their masters instead when cornered on the giant Pokemon island
>>
>>33029721
The Raichu in Sinnoh that Ash trained temporarily.
>>
>>33029759
do any of you remember that psychopath Togepi episode?

yeah. no evil pkmn my ass.
>>
>>33029977
>Meowth is evil

bullshit.

>>33030035
>They pass blame onto their masters

being blast off all the time isn't fun and Team Rocket is a crime organization. even dumb animals realize that.
>>
>>33029759
Tierno's raichu was a pretty cool guy.
>>
>>33030014
>Now come up with an actual argument.
I did.

>Also keep in mind that the jap name was around before it was translated into english.
So?
>>
>>33030728
>bullshit.
how so meowth is clearly bad
>>
Remember how the early anime tried to depict trading, and on multiple occasions evolution as morally ambiguous acts that could ruin your relationship with a Pokemon... even though they were selling points in the game?
>>
>>33030854
what you mean is called "doing his job" and that is what is compartmentalized plenty during the show. He's an intelligent, empathetic, responsive, cute and caring cat.
>>
File: James & Giovanni small.jpg (11KB, 313x236px) Image search: [Google]
James & Giovanni small.jpg
11KB, 313x236px
>>33030854
>bad
He just wants to get somewhere in life. He joined Team Rocket after giving up everything for a girl only to be rejected. He has left a few times and once even became a chef (pic related) but comes back because James and Jessie are his friends. He feels sad without his friends.

Meowth isn't a bad guy.

James isn't either. He only joined Team Rocket to escape a controlling abusive family that basically were keeping him in a gilded cage. Giovanni is the closest thing to a normal parent he knows. He's also a damn good trainer.

Jessie has no excuse. She's Giovanni's niece, a spoiled brat, and rather nasty. Meowth and James put up with her to be NICE.
>>
File: MeowthNoodles.png (117KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
MeowthNoodles.png
117KB, 320x240px
>>33030886
Wrong pic. Here's meowth
>>
>>33030879
>>33030886
I dunno they're pretty mean and abusive to whatever pokemon they manage to catch, when they manage to catch one, is that really part of the job description?
>>
>>33030896
Nah, they really are scum, and were depicted as pretty ruthless early on when they were a possible threat. It wasn't until they become inherently harmless that the writing tried to make them seem a bit more endearing/soft.
>>
File: jessie married 2.png (331KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
jessie married 2.png
331KB, 800x450px
>>33030886
>Jessie has no excuse.

plenty of evidence that suggests otherwise. wanting to be a nurse at first, for example. or trying to find love. or being nice to James and Meowth at certain times or, or, orLike, Christ, her life was fucking hard before Team Rocket as well and she does have great qualities too but as with James and Meowth, Team Rocket wants other skills and qualities that aren't exactly nice.
>>
>>33029739
They're 'dirty' fighters. That doesn't make them evil. Johnny Cage was a good guy, he still punched Goro in the fucking jewels.
>>
File: James_childhood_Carnivine.png (162KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
James_childhood_Carnivine.png
162KB, 320x240px
>>33030896
Being mean isn't part of the job description. Using pokemon as a tool and not a friend IS.

Yes, Jessee tends to do this. James, not so much. He usually is nice and genuinely cares about his Pokemon. After Kanto/Johto of his pokemon choose to join him. He seldom catches anything unwilling these days.

Examples:

He fed Cacturne his own food so it wouldn't starve and only gave it up when he found someone who could care for it better than he could.

He gave up weezing so it could protect it's own kind from poachers.

Mime Jr and Chingling both joined him when they saw he was NICE. Both fought hard on his behalf, too!

Carnivine befriended James when he was a child and has been his bro ever since. Same for Growlie the Growlith (though he isn't in the series much).

Marienie is the weird one: apparently she reminds him of an ex-boyfriend and has the hots for him. James doesn't return the desire.
>>
>>33030937
>Cacturne

it's Cacnea.
>>
>>33030937
So tell me, what did he do with his B/W partner? Yeah...
>>
>>33030961
Gave it to the boss... like in his job description... where it is safe and well treated?
>>
>>33030896
>they're pretty mean and abusive to whatever pokemon they manage to catch

no, not to their own. not even other people's pokemon.

Wobbuffet/Arbok/Seviper/Gourgeist etc. all love Jessie.
any plant-type mon loves James. Same with Inkay, Weezing and whatever else he had.
>>
>>33030937
>>33030968
I meant catch as in capture not like with a pokeball.
Like when they captured that newborn phany and James was eating something and it was hungry and then he offered it food but tricked it.
That was pretty unnecessarily mean. They do this kind of thing every time they get something.
>>
>>33030964
>Gave it to the boss... like in his job description
So why doesn't he do that any other time?
>>33030964
>where it is safe and well treated?
>Team Rocket
Yer adorable.
>>
>>33031091
Mewtwo is a lie. New Island was an inside job.
>>
>>33029759
what about the raichu in the summer camp arc thing
>>
>>33030867
yeah that shit always seem weird to me as a kid. those specific moments was when I realized the anime was completely different from the games
>>
>>33031091
>where it is safe and well treated?
>Team Rocket

how would you know?

>Giovanni running a gym
>clearly has no time to raise mons
>the ones he's using are in tip top shape.

I'm pretty sure they do have their own medical facilities. the idea of a TR-based Nurse Joy doesn't seem so off either.

plus, their scientists are absolutely brilliant.
Like Prof. Sebastian (enforced evolution) or Dr. Zager.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.