[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So everyone knows that Verlisify is a faggot if immense proportions.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 745Lycanroc_Midnight_Dream.png (60KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
745Lycanroc_Midnight_Dream.png
60KB, 300x300px
So everyone knows that Verlisify is a faggot if immense proportions. This isn't news. My question is, when it comes to strategies, does he actually know what he's talking about? Or is he just a shitter that gets lucky sometimes?I
>>
I think he repeats what people already know. I don't think he says anything groundbreaking...
>>
>>33024969
Delete his OC, OP.
>>
>Assault vest Rain dance Goodra
>Fury cutter Venusaur
Yeah, he totally knows what he is doing
>>
That faggots oc looks more like a zoroark though
>>
>>33024969
>Furry cutter venusaur
>>
>>33024969
He's a faggot with everything he does.
>>
If he was that big of a trend setter than he would be winning comps.

His excuse is of course "lol widespread cheating", yet he also claims to have a good knowledge of legal movesets so that shouldn't even be an issue.

At the end of the day he's a copycat with the skills of an internet crawling bot, just regurgitating shit he's read about or his fanbase has hand fed him.
>>
>>33025359
>Furry cutter
Is Venusaur /ourguy/?
>>
>>33024969
Verlisify is what tv tropes calls "the know-nothing know-it-all" when it comes to his strategies. He likes to think that his strategies are these mindblowing, innovative dark horse sets that will carry him and anybody else who uses them far on the ladder of competitive battling, but in reality these sets are extremely situational at best and outright useless at worst, and Verlisify's "creative" sets usually fall under the latter.

His reasoning for these sets? Out of sheer spite for smogon of course.
>>
Why do you talk about this guy? Who the fuck cares?
>>
>>33025464
Because he deserves every last bit of hate he gets.
>>
>>33024969
He also has said in the past that he got many of his wins in VGC due to using RNG-based teams/strategies (such as ones that spam Double Team). There is a reason the Evasion Clause exists in all tiers for Smogon (barring AG); relying on luck to carry you isn't indicative of a good player. Honestly I would chalk up anyone knowing about him to the larger Smogon ban controversies of Gen 6 and him stirring up shit with good players. He doesn't innovate well, he doesn't understand how a Pokémon can be unhealthy for a tier's meta, and he has only ever gotten recognized as a decent player due to VGC allowing the use of hilariously luck-based strategies.
>>
>>33024969
>he hasn't seen the power that is no STAB Hydreigon and Assault Vest Rain Dance Goodra

what's it like being a low ladder shitter
>>
>>33025698
Actually luck manipulation strategies are the most power ones, that's why smogon banned them in the first place. A glalie with moody can kill a ho-oh. Acupressure can end games for the same reason. OHKO moves are actually really good for killing otherwise unkillable walls, and Swagger+Thunder Wave was so good Gamefreak had to nerf it like crazy this gen. Most smogonfags will pretend luck isn't a big part of the game, that the whole thing is deterministic. But in the end, the critical game-losing moment is often the miss of a hydro pump or will-o-wisp. It is better to accept that the game is largely luck based rather than pretend it is not.
>>
>>33024969
His stuff is basically repeating what is obvious to everyone or outright garbage.

I do, however, enjoy some of the Fan Friday's shit his viewers get up to.

Most of it's just as situational as his nonsense but some of them are legitimately different in a good way.

They still usually do them shitily but sometimes there's a gem hiding in their turds a good player can dig out and shine up if they're willing to muck through it.
>>
>>33025829
I'm actually just getting into competitive with this generation, so no I haven't seen those. Assault Vest and Rain Dance are counterproductive, aren't they?
>>
File: IMG_3488.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3488.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>33024969
>Physical Gengar
>>
>>33027156
that's the joke
>>
>>33027156

You literally cannot use Rain Dance with Assault Vest. It does, however, work with Nuzzle and Rapid Spin, as they do (miniscule) damage.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.