[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thread discussing really obscure and forgotten features

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

Thread discussing really obscure and forgotten features in Pokemon games.
>>
>>33023350
Does anyone miss when Pokemon games had those random obscure features such as Dream World, Castelia City Survey, Berry Powder, etc.?
>>
Does anyone else wish that later gens had an exploit similar to Brock Through Walls that would allow for a glitched playthrough?
>>
>>33023350
In sun and moon, if you get your party of six up to level 100 with max affection and friendship and then beat the league 10 times in a row, you unlock a special mini-game where you can fuck your pokemon.
>>
Remember that password capsule thing that allows you to get the TM for Snarl in Black and White? Or how about in 3rd Gen when you had to tell a sick girl a completely random phrase in order to get some secret PC wallpapers? Why can't Pokemon games have obscure little things like that again?
>>
- Blue Rescue Team can connect with Pokémon Trozei
- There's a back alley in Castelia City in B2W2 that can only be accessed from the sewers in spring or summer
- The Braggart in FRLG who puts stickers on your Trainer Card when you reach certain milestones
- Yancy/Curtis in general
- Using Cut to chop down tall grass, and the fact that in Emerald, Pokémon with Hyper Cutter can chop down a larger area of grass at once
- Unity Tower, the location in Gen 5 where you can talk to people with whom you've made an international trade. You can't even access it anymore in new saves without cheating because the GTS servers have been shut down

There's probably some more but they're so forgettable that I've forgotten them
>>
Standing in your bed and holding down so your character moves up and down
>>
in gen 2 a shuckle with a berry will turn it into berry juice, and turn that into a rare candy
>>
File: 1476951308063.gif (207KB, 355x200px) Image search: [Google]
1476951308063.gif
207KB, 355x200px
>>33023387
HOLY FUCK,CHECK SEREBII
>>
In FRLG there was a booth where you could take a pic of your team to put it on your trainer card.
>>
>>33023387
Hello, Geocities. It's been quite a while.
>>
File: IMG_8339.jpg (45KB, 640x631px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8339.jpg
45KB, 640x631px
>>33023379
>Brock Through Walls
>>
File: 178786563245.jpg (394KB, 800x728px) Image search: [Google]
178786563245.jpg
394KB, 800x728px
Actually battling with your friends in battle facilities, none of that retarded AI based on your friends/random NPCs shit. Also pokeathlon.
>>
VS
SEEKER
>>
Slot machines.
>>
>>33023401
They also had the random phrase thing in HGSS too, the phrases depend on your trainer ID.
You could also get some eggs too.
>>
>>33024483
WHAT
>>
Does anyone else remember that minigame hut from 3rd? It was replaced in ORAS with a house for viewing special secret bases.
>>
>>33025155
You can do that now too.
>>
>>33024571
That's in the game corner iirc. I always use it in every play through before taking on the elite 4 for some reason
>>
>>33023350
LINK TOGETHER WITH ALL.

Let's see how many people recognise this.
>>
>>33026311
What even was that mystery gift?
I never had a friend to link with.
>>
>>33023350
I miss being able to use CUT in the overworld to cut grass. It was removed in Gen 4 for some reason. It was really useful when I was out of repels.

If your Pokémon had Hyper Cutter, in Gen 3, it would cut 2 adjacent squares instead of one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I89JYpsnHIk
>>
I swear to god, no one knows about shuckle being able to make rare candies from berry juice anymore.
>>
>>33023350

Remember when completing the pokedex was actually a fun little challenge, and not "put caterpie in gts and wait 30 seconds for hacked shiny legendary"

I also miss easter egg pokemon like porygon and shedinja that took a bit of grinding and luck to find. Now everything is in the dex and they even show you the exact patch of grass to go to
>>
>>33026311
I never had someone to link with :c
>>
>>33026311
EVERYONE HAPPY
Wi-Fi CONNECTION
>>
>>33026311
>>33026311
The good old days when the Mystery Gift unlock condition was vague.
>>
>>33023350
I miss the National Dex...and postgames.
>>
>>33024483
Every new game, i test whether the feature is back, even though i know it wont
>>
>>33023387
Never change, /vp/.
>>
>>33023350
Remember how in Battle Revolution, Spinda and Carnivine had a slightly different animation for using Toxic than everyone else?
>>
>>33023350
that egg swap/spin feature or whatever and feeling checks from BW
>>
-Game Boy Camera compatiblity.
-Alternating Cave
>>
>>33025155
Still possible in XY and ORAS for the Maison. Though in HGSS's case, it's cross-compatible with Platinum, too; XY can only connect to XY, and ORAS can only connect with ORAS.
Another interesting thing to note is that the NPC opponents and Pokemon's names will be in the same language as the host's in Gen IV. So if Japanese Platinum and American English HeartGold connected, your opponents would send out Pokemon with Japanese names in both games.
>>
>>33023556
>- Blue Rescue Team can connect with Pokémon Trozei
Only one on your list I didn't know about, wtf is it?
>>
Critical captures, let's see if anybody knows what I'm talking about.
>>
>>33029688
>that single shake
felt great
>>
>>33023350
If you tap B at the frame the pokeball jiggles the mostyour capture chance increases by 10% for each correct jiggle at the end.
>>
>>33029765
What do you mean "felt great"? They never went away.
>>
File: 1477426973606.png (45KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1477426973606.png
45KB, 250x250px
>>
>>33025011
Yeah, it's a glitch where you cause the game to freak the fuck out by managing to talk to that Pewter City "guard" from the right, causing, among other things, wall collisions to be disabled.
>>
File: gym-leader-skyla.jpg (50KB, 640x192px) Image search: [Google]
gym-leader-skyla.jpg
50KB, 640x192px
Anyone miss the battle music you would have on a gym leader's last pokemon or even pic related for important characters?
>>
>>33030351
that was cool, I liked how the battle music would change to different theme when your own HP was low too, and I miss gym leaders and important characters saying things mid battle
>>
>>33030351
Gym Leader's last pokemon should be buffed up or something. Make it a true boss fight. They added Totem Pokemon, which is buffed as it is, but they should get more than that. They also need that bullshit cheat where they can survive with 1 hp because of max affection, but only after a few gyms are beaten. The last pokemon music didn't last long enough to really feel good in the fight, and it wasn't possible to have trouble with any of those leaders because BW and BW2 were pretty easy.
>>
>>33030369
>make gym leaders last pokemon into a totem pokemon
thats sick, also gym leaders should be able to use revives too
>>
>>33024483
I do miss that yeah. especially since it's still in its dex entry
>>
File: Trainer_House_B1F_GSC.png (3KB, 160x256px) Image search: [Google]
Trainer_House_B1F_GSC.png
3KB, 160x256px
I miss this place from G/S/C. I always thought it was super cool back when I was younger, connecting with your friends and being able to battle their Pokemon later. Like a proto-Secret Base battle.
>>
>>33026403
I cut down all of Pattern Bush because some ruin explorer dude said there was something special there, and in Sapphire that always meant something, typically Regi puzzle.

Still sad that nothing was there. Felt duped. A lot of Leafgreen felt like there were places that had missing or unfinished content...
>>
>>33026406
I mean, ya got something close.
>>33024483

>>33029484
Yeah, I really miss egg trading. Gave me a good way to offload additional breeding refuse without having to hatch it first. Like, you know those last few eggs after you finally have what you need?
>>
>>33023350
braille puzzles
>>
>>33030351
>>33030369
>If you have an easy win you can't hear the last pokemon music too long
>If you don't you'll probably just hear the low health music most of the time
Feels bad man
>>
>>33029688
>forgotten features
>critical captures are in BW, B2W2, XY, ORAS and SM
???
>>
>>33029688
Did you know the chance of those go up as you complete your pokedex?
>>
>>33030432
Puzzles period.

Name the last time a game contained a puzzle that wasn't related to the Regis, or wasn't literally just "get from point A to point B."

It's gen 4.
>>
>>33030320
this isn't a fakemon thread, anon
>>
File: 201unown_s[1].png (5KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
201unown_s[1].png
5KB, 300x300px
>>33030474
Speaking of, what about these lovable scamps?
Other than being a possible roll on the ORAS mirage islands, these poor little guys haven't been catchable since HGSS.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.